Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 10-28-2015, 02:36 AM

Sophie was curious at first, wondering who the hell had the gall to simply maul Filius like that. Immediately, Sophie took a defensive stance, ready to fight off the stranger, then she said, "Brother, you're home!" Sophie's eyes became wide. That was Alora?! She'd gotten so big, Sophie didn't recognize her!

"Alora...?!" Sophie asked, but before she knew it, Alora was squeezing her so tightly she couldn't really breathe. It was amazing that she'd grown up so much, Sophie couldn't believe it had been that long since she'd last seen Alora. It was good to be welcomed with a familiar... Well, almost familiar face. And a warm, welcoming one at that.

"How've you been, dear?" She asked Alora once the girl had let go and she could breathe again. Sophie was glad that someone was happy to see her. The real challenge would be meeting Filius' parents again after all these years.

Andraus
Most shy away from conflict. I e...

Old 10-28-2015, 03:24 AM

"I've been good. I've been practiced using a war-hammer. "she said, showing off her muscles. They were small, but visible. "I need to make sure I can catch up with my brother when we get into school. I won't lose to him. "she said, grinning broadly. She then started playfully beating on Filius's head. "Why didn't you tell me she was a weapon-master too? Now I have to beat her as well!"she said.

"Alora, not everything is a competition you know....."Filius said, rubbing his head.

"I don't care. I'll still be the best Weapon-master in the world. Then, you'll have to take me on your adventures! "She said. Obviously enough, she idolized her elder brother. She then took Sophie's hand. "I heard that you and my brother are dating.....does that mean you'll really be my sister soon?"she asked.

Kory

Old 10-28-2015, 09:00 PM

Sophie gave her best attempt at a smile, it made her happy to see how enthusiastic Alora was, still, she worried about whether or not the girl's mother had an issue with her becoming a Weapons Master. Still, Sophie wished to encourage Alora, all the while, encouraging herself.

"I believe you'd make a great Weapons Master, Alora." Sophie ran a hand through Alora's hair. That spark of energy in her eyes made Sophie feel that same spark and courage in herself. She definitely wanted Alora to do well as a Weapons Master. Sophie believed this young girl would be an amazing fighter.

"Where are your parents?" Sophie asked, out of curiosity, rather.

Andraus

Old 10-28-2015, 09:16 PM

"Mom is talking to a couple of diplomats, and my dad, He's buying me a new War-hammer. I'm glad he's doing this for me, he's been really busy since he became the Minister. "she said, getting on her brothers back.

"Wait, what? Dad got elected as the Minister of Armali city?"Filius asked, surprised.

"Yeah. Brother, are you really surprised? He's a Hero! A lot of people looked up to him. "Alora said, as if this was an obvious fact. "When Minister Wraithbane retired, a lot of people wanted Dad to run the city. Dad didn't want too, but Mom talked him into it. Said it would. 'Help the family a lot'. "she said, making a face of annoyance. "at least this gave him what he needed to convince my mom that I should try for Weapon-training."

Kory

Old 10-29-2015, 11:49 PM

"Congrats, Filius!" Sophie chuckled as she gently punched Filius' arm. In all honesty, Sophie was happy for Filius that his father had been elected. That was a tremendous honor and she was certain it would bring his family great publicity and ensure their noble bloodline. Though Sophie was happy, she still felt a little scared.

Her own bloodline had no nobility, and she was soon to be walking into a home full of royalty where Sophie had none. She could only hope that they'd like her simply because she was a good person. No doubt, they'd like her, but rather, would they like her dating Filius? Would they not mind if she and Filius were to be married?

All sorts of questions swam through her head as she nervously began to rub Filius' shoulders. She spoke to Alora as calmly as she possibly could,

"When could Filius and I see them?" She asked the girl. "I'm very anxious to meet them again."

Andraus

Old 10-30-2015, 01:43 AM

"Soon I bet. Dad is eager to meet you. So is, mom, but she still is mad at Filius. "Alora said. She then turned towards her brother. "You know, you really should apologize. All she is doing is looking out for our best-"

"Her version of 'our best interest' got our sister killed, Alora. I will not listen to that shrew's words. "Filius said, irritation obvious in his voice. "Let's just go, you said dad was nearby, right?"He asked her.

Alora was frowning, but she nodded, and pointed off into the market. "Just down the path, over by the blacksmith. "she said to them. "Come on, I'll show you. "she started walking off.

Kory

Old 10-30-2015, 08:04 PM

Sophie followed Alora, keeping close to Filius the entire time.

"Why is he mad at Filius, Alora?" Sophie didn't mean to ask as though Filius weren't standing right there, but she had to admit, she was curious. She'd been out of the loop with this family for many years, frankly, she wanted to keep up with their affairs. Especially now that there looked to be a possibility of her joining the family soon.

She wrapped an arm around Filius's neck, being nervous always turned her into a touchy-feely, cuddly snuggle bear. Which, she hated to admit. Sophie was to be a warrior, she needed to stop the snuggly-ness if she wanted to be taken seriously.

Andraus

Old 10-30-2015, 08:40 PM

Filius would wrap his arms around Alora, and kissed her. "Don't worry about it, okay? It's nothing-"

"Filius told them he was dating you out of the blue, and he got into a fight about it, since they didn't remember right away who you were. Filius told Mom to accept it, or move on. "she said.

"Alora!..."

"She is your girlfriend, she should know the truth. "she said, wagging her finger. She would keep walking, but there were things distinctively familiar about her and Filius: The air of confidence, the strong posture, the calm look in the face of resistance, and a love for excitement. What was their sister like, if she was different?

Last edited by Andraus; 10-30-2015 at 08:46 PM..

Kory

Old 11-01-2015, 02:12 AM

Sophie wasn't sure she liked this news.

"You got into a fight over dating me?" That didn't sound too promising. She worried if they simply fought over her dating him, imagine if they got married... If they had children! Maybe Sophie was thinking too far into the future, but that was where she wanted to be with Filius; at his side, always and always.

She found herself feeling a little sick with anxiety. Her stomach was doing flips and she wanted to take all of her bags and run away. It was too scary to see Filius' folks again. Though it was a pleasure, as always, to see Alora.

"Filius...?' Sophie asked, feeling the anxiety creeping into her throat.

Andraus

Old 11-01-2015, 03:22 AM

"It's fine, Sophie. Even if she doesn't agree, that doesn't change how I feel about you. Nothing will. "he said, holding her close, before glaring at Alora. "I wasn't telling her about it because I was afraid she was going to act JUST like this. Now she's probably scared half to death. "He said.

"As a weapon-master, facing situations that are emotionally challenging are apart of your training. You know this, I know this, and Sister knew this. "Alora would say. "If you want the basic run-down, big sister sophie, Mom is still unsure about you, she thinks you might be a just a gold-digger. Dad thinks Filius has a right to his own choices, so he's supportive. "she said.

Kory

Old 11-01-2015, 06:07 PM

"No, Alora is right, Filius..." Sophie admitted. She shook herself free from Filius' hold and straightened herself out, trying to out on a brave face. She needed to be courageous and proud to prove herself worthy to Filius' parents.

"I'm very sad that they'd think I'd only date Filius for his wealth." She admitted again, it was disheartening to be honest, but Sophie would still hold fast. "I love Filius, I'd never try to take away his fortune."

She stopped there, realizing that she didn't need to prove her love to Alora. It was their parents that she needed to prove herself to.

Andraus

Old 11-01-2015, 06:41 PM

"Never said my Dad, he says that, from the way Filius talks about you, that you might be a good person, so he withheld judgement. "Alora said, before smiling towards Sophie. "-and don't worry. If anything, it'd just be reason for Filius not to return. "Alora said, with a break in her cheerful demeanor. Though it was brief, it was obvious that the thought of never seeing Filius again terrified her. "Anyway, I think we're close-"

An Armored Figure would walk from the blacksmith, carrying a greatsword on his back, and a long leather wrapped packaged in his hands. He stood at a towering 6'8 feet, wore armor as if it was normal clothes, and could probably fight with that great-sword with one hand. "Ah, Alora! I finally finished talking to the blacksmith. The fitting is done, and he told me that if there are any issues, you should come see him as soon-"He would stop halfway, looking towards Filius. He would look over towards Sophie as well, before carefully handing the package to Alora. He would then start walking towards Filius.

The man would stand in front of Filius for a good thirty seconds, before grabbing his helmet, and pulling it off, revealing a Man in his thirties underneath the helmet. He would then smile towards Filius. "My son....welcome home, Filius. "he would say, hugging Filius. He then would let go, and walk over towards Sophie. "Ah, and here is the woman my son spoke so glowingly about, that Alora and Serena were left stunned by it! IT is a pleasure to see you again, Lady Sophie. "he said, holding out his hand to shake.

Kory

Old 11-01-2015, 09:50 PM

"I'm glad to hear that, at least, Alora... So I have at least some of a chan-"

Immediately, a tall, rather burly man caught Sophie's attention. She froze in place, feeling overwhelmed by anxiety to do or say much. So, this was Filius' father? It had definitely been a very long time. Was he always this big? Sophie found herself scrambling to remember him, but her anxiety stopped all thought process.

Words didn't register in Sophie's mind. When Filius' father held out his hand for Sophie to shake, she tried to make her arm move, but she felt as though her limbs turned to jelly and they were wiggly and wouldn't move, despite how hard she willed them to. After a few seconds of awkward staring, Sophie's arm finally moved and she shook the man's hand.

"I-it's a pleasure to see you again too, S-sir." She cursed herself for sounding so scared and so weak. She was supposed to be a weapons master, damn it! She needed to pull herself together!

Andraus

Old 11-01-2015, 10:20 PM

The man would take her arm, and press his thumb around her muscles, tracing them from the shoulder, down to her wrist, and he looked as if he was thinking. "Not alot of muscle.....but flexible, easily rectified. When Filius said you had the potential to become a great weapon-master, he wasn't kidding.....My son sure knows how to pick them. "He said, the smile still on his face. "Please, call me Matthias. My wife Serena will be with us shortly, but I am glad I got to meet you. I can see why my son would be taken with you at first glance. "he said, letting her go.

Filius would take Sophie's hand gently, and smile at her. "My parents are not noble by blood-line, Sophie....they're noble by deed. I wasn't joking earlier, and it wasn't a boast: My father is a Hero. "he said to her.

Kory

Old 11-02-2015, 01:12 AM

When the man began to feel Sophie's arm for muscles, Sophie tensed up immediately and became rather stiff. She inky relaxed after he'd let go and began to speak of her becoming a great weapons master. It pleased her to hear that coming from someone of his stature. She smiled and flushed s little bit.

"Thank you, Sir... Er, Matthias." Sophie continued to smile, "I look forward to meeting your wife, Sir."

When Filius grabbed her hand, Sophie curled against him and leaned her head in his shoulder, feeling relieved that his father approved so far. She didn't have a response for him, but she was glad Filius had mentioned this. Maybe she stood a chance to impress his mother after all!

Andraus

Old 11-02-2015, 02:09 AM

"Don't worry about her. She may act like a stuck-up aristocrat, but she has a good heart. I just wish she'd stop focusing so much on our image. "he said, and shook his head. It's obvious being a noble possed little interest to the man. "I'd rather be back out fighting, or at least teaching at the school, but no, I have to go and become a minister....Gods above, this is going to get old fast. "he said.

Alora was hugging the unwrapped package. It was a modified War-hammer, obviously Alora's weapon of choice, and it appeared to be modified in a similiar aspect to Filius's gauntlets. "I can't wait to test this out!"

Kory

Old 11-03-2015, 02:33 AM

"Filius is very proud of your accomplishments, Sir." Sophie smiled, "I can imagine your wife is pretty proud as well. I'm sure she just shows it differently." Sophie truly was interested in what Matthias had to say, but she was still very anxious to meet Filius' mother. After all, she would be the real challenge.

"I'm sure you've done a lot for this region as minister." She leaned against Filius, feeling rather small and insignificant compared to Filius' family. She grew anxious for the day he'd meet her parents.

"That's a beautiful weapon, Alora!" Sophie nodded towards Alora's weapon, getting excited for the young girl as she watched Alora's excitement grow.

Andraus

Old 11-03-2015, 02:38 AM

"Mum made it. She helped out with Filius's gauntlets too, though when he found out, they fought about it. "Alora said. It was obvious that Filius and his mother not getting along was a common issue. What caused it?

"All I've done is what's sensible: I've posed stricter holdings on the guards, because let's face it: This place is an easy target for a thief trying to strike it rich. "Matthias said. "I've also added mages in the towers and defense walls, in case we get raided by bandits or demons. Weapon-masters may set the bar for a frontline fight, but a mage can roast anyone afar with a lightning bolt or fireball ."He said to her. "I lost one child to this world, I am going to make sure I don't lose another."

Kory

Old 11-04-2015, 10:03 PM

Sophie thought better than to ask Alora about Filius and his mother. At least, for now... Maybe later, once she got some alone time with Alora, she'd ask about the fights that seemed to have been happening between Filius and his mother. She found it odd that Filius would be so hostile towards his mother, while Alora seemed indifferent. Wouldn't Alora and Filius be on the same page if they were both effected by the same woman?

Sophie decided to mind her own business. For now, she was not officially a part of this family and she didn't want to go snooping into matters that didn't include her yet...

"Those are very good placements for mages and guards, Sir." Sophie said to Matthias. "You're doing an excellent job protecting these lands, but I'm sure you don't need my approval to know that... Haha." Sophie chuckled. Though she didn't mind chatting with Matthias, she really was anxious to meet Filius' mother, and she was more anxious to spend more time with Filius, after all, it was the reason they'd come.

Andraus

Old 11-04-2015, 10:31 PM

"Speak of the devil, and thy shall come.....ah, Serena, my loving wife! Our son is home. "Matthias said, sitting up.

a woman walked forward, her posture upright, and her facial expression calculating, examining, and scanning. Her attire hinted at her profession: She was a mage, and a skilled one. Her cloak covered her from the wind, her hands were covered in working gloves, there were vials with an experimental liquid on her front, and she walked with purpose. This was Filius's mother Serena. "Hello Dear....Hello Alora honey. "She would turn towards Filius. Though it was brief, it was enough time to see....sadness in her eyes. "Hello Filius....how are you today, my child?"

"I am fine, no thanks to you "Filius said, unsually cold. He didn't sound angry, but his attitude wasn't friendly. "This is her. This is Sophie, she's my girlfriend."

Serena would look towards Sophie, before extending a hand. "Pleasure. I am Serena Weylkend Imperii. "she said.

Kory

Old 11-04-2015, 10:53 PM

Sophie gently nudged Filius was her elbow when he spoke to his mother. She tried to communicate a look of disapproval. Sophie knew Filius didn't get along with his mother, but that was still no reason to disrespect her.

Sophie found that she wasn't as scared of Serena as she thought she'd be. Not to say she wasn't scared, just, not as much. "Oh, the pleasure is all mine, Ma'am." Sophie bowed in front of Serena politely before taking her hand and giving it a gentle shake.

Without much thought, Sophie leaned forward and planted a soft kiss on the woman's cheek. It was her way of greeting people that were close to her. She didn't think much of it as she actually did it, but after a few seconds of afterthought she realized she may have been out of line.

"Oh...!" She gasped, "I hope that was alright. I've never been around nobility before."

Andraus

Old 11-04-2015, 11:09 PM

"No, it's quite alright. "Serena said, leaning over towards Sophie and doing the same. "It's nice to see some customs from back home in you, Miss Sophie. Your parents have taught you well. "She said, looking around. "Shall we go and eat somewhere? I know a place that would be grand for us."

"Sophie and I can eat by ourselves. "Filius said, rather quickly. It wasn't like he was trying to control Sophie's decisions. More-so, it seemed he said it to simply spite her.

Alora would walk over towards Filius, and grab his hand. "C'mon brother, we haven't seen you in half a year, the least you could do is eat with us. "She said. It wouldn't take long before their words sunk in. Filius has been away from home for more than half a year, longer then he's been at the school

Kory

Old 11-05-2015, 03:08 PM

Sophie smiled when Serena had returned the gesture. She felt better knowing that she wasn't out of line and knowing that it was still an accepted thing to do, even among nobility. It was when she suggested that they get something to eat that she got a little anxious. She could almost predict Filius' reaction...

And she was right. Filius did not want to eat with her. Sophie nudged Filius with her elbow again, "Filius...!" She whispered harshly. Sophie could understand him not liking her, though, she couldn't fathom the reason... But to be so rude, Sophie couldn't have that happening. Though, she wanted to step in and rectify things, she chose not to say anything for Filius. He was an adult, he could speak for himself... And the problems between Filius and his mother were not her problem... yet.

She even remained silent when Alora asked Filius to eat with them. Sophie truly wanted to get to know everyone better, and what better way to do that than by having a family meal? But, she'd respect Filius' wishes, if he didn't want to eat with them, she would be okay just eating with Filius.

Andraus

Old 11-05-2015, 05:49 PM

"See? Sophie wants us to eat together too! c'mon brother!"Alora said, almost begging.

Filius sighed, as if this was something he did NOT want to do. "Alright, Alright! We'll eat together. "Filius said, resigning to defeat.

"Then how about a gesture while we wait for our time to eat, yes?"Matthias said. He then turned towards his wife. "She's a great-sword wielder like me, I could tell by how balanced both the muscles in her arm were.....how about we give her Aphelia's old sword? From the way Filius looks at her, it's pretty much a done-deal. "he said

Serena would nod thoughtfully, before looking towards Sophie. "Miss Eire, I am going to give you something I prize among many of my artifacts.....the very weapon that my first child, Aphelia, used in battle against the demons.....would you accept it?"she asked her.

Kory

Old 11-05-2015, 10:44 PM

"I'm sure it won't be so bad, Filius..." Sophie whispered to him, she hoped it didn't look rude on her part to whisper, but she wanted Filius to know that she would still support his decision, should he decide that eating together was not such a smart idea. Then, she turned to the family and smiled,

"I'm very excited to share a meal with this family."

It was when they offered to give Sophie Aphelia's weapon that made Sophie feel a little strange. She liked her own weapon, Valentine, the zweihander sword, but she had to admit, it was advanced for her skill. It was a hand-me down weapon, after all... rusted in some spots. Probably not too good for actual combat. Still, she really could use a new weapon... One that might fit her better.

"I'm very honored, Ma'am." Sophie said to Serena. "I accept. I can only hope that I will do as much good with it as she had."