ElysiumFate
There is beauty everywhere.

Old 09-14-2014, 06:27 AM

Yeah, unfortunately I agree. I think the older main characters didn't go over well with their main audience of little kids. That and the original series was better.

I'm a lot closer to Korra's age than I ever was to Aang's even when that show first came out, though, so I liked these characters.

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 12-19-2014, 05:20 PM

Sooooo I think LoK has been getting A LOT better. I love the darker twists. Loving the mech stuff too. Can't wait to watch the series finale tonight. So sad it's over. Maybe Korra will return? I WOULD LOVE THAT SO FREAKING MUCH. Like, seriously, this series has been amazing. I've learned so much from it. It's sad to know it's done already. :(

2Femme
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-23-2014, 03:42 AM

Korrasami becoming canon was the BEST Christmas present EVER.

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 12-23-2014, 07:46 AM

Awww yiss. I was so excited when I saw that.

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 12-24-2014, 01:50 AM

Eh.... I still view them as best friends turned sisters, despite what everyone and everything says. Honestly, I wish they left it ambiguous and up to the viewer to decide.

2Femme
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-24-2014, 09:04 PM

It's confirmed by the show creators that they're together/have romantic feelings for one another, and were only limited to what they could do on screen because of the company. And while you're allowed to interpret their relationship as you please - it's really kind of rude/heteronormative to say you just see them as friends/family. Especially since they're some of the only canon queer characters around. It erases their sexuality, and bisexuals face enough of that in real life for us to be doing it to our cartoon characters.

I shipped Korra and Asami really hard throughout the whole series - and to see it become canon meant a lot to me, as a bisexual person.

So while it may not be what you want - I think embracing it in a 'good for them' manner is a lot better then erasing it.

really defensive about Korrasami

On another note - I would have liked some more resolution for the other characters! Luckily the comics are on their way. >3

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 12-26-2014, 02:17 PM

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Why are you taking offense to seeing people as sisters? In my opinion, being a sister is a far better feat than being a girlfriend. Girlfriends come and go. Sisters? They are forever.

Throughout the story, I never saw them progress as lovers, but as sisters connected through their struggles, their love for the same things, and their journey together. When Korra was down, Asami was there. When Asami lost it, Korra was there. Nothing about this screamed that they were in love. It spoke another tune to me. One that I shouldn't have to talk about but I will so you can understand my point of view.

As someone who has gone through some similar stages in my life, I relate to them as sisters as that's how I walked away from it all. When I was low, broken, and ready to give up, my best friend stepped to the plate. She wrote, she called, she told me everything I needed to hear. Said she loved me and couldn't imagine life without me. Said she would fly to me just to be with me to help me stand tall again. She was willing to give me everything just to see me smile again.

So before you judge someone, learn to walk a mile in their shoes.

What I see in Korra and Asami is what I went through with my best friend. We came out stronger than ever. She's more to me than someone I can date and toss aside. She's someone who crossed an invisible line and became my sister. She's the world to me and I would stop at nothing to ensure her happiness.

Does that make me a bad person because I relate to them differently? No. It just means that I've walked a different path in life and look to the Korra/Asami relationship with a different set of eyes. I don't care if they are cannon. In my mind, they will always be sisters because sisterhood mean more to me than a relationship. When you're broken and you feel like you have no one to turn to, your sister is always there. That's what I've learned. And with what Asami just went through, I'll always see Korra as her sister. The one person who would never take advantage of her when she's weak, the one person who will stand by her through it all, and the one person who will love her without lust or personal interest.

Being a sister is a selfless act. Being a lover? That's a selfish act.

But hey, that's just me. Don't like my opinion? Don't read it. You don't need to attack me for seeing things in another light. I have no problem with bisexual people. No issue with gay people. What I have an issue with is people who blatantly attack another over a differing, harmless view.

I apologize if my views bother you, or anyone else reading. But, again, you don't need to attack me. I'm not the enemy.

Last edited by Xavirne; 12-26-2014 at 02:25 PM..

2Femme
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-27-2014, 12:35 AM

My post wasn't meant as an attack, it was to point out that the dismissive attitude towards their relationship is kind of problematic. I think it's great that you love the bond they have together - and I stated that you're allowed to interpret the show as you see fit, but your interpretations don't exist inside a vacuum. There's a large outcry from individuals who refuse to acknowledge the relationship or condemn it altogether - and while your views come from personal experience and have no ill intentions they're not harmless - because as I said - bisexual people have their identity erased on the daily.

I'm sorry if my post came off as harsh or rude - because that's defiantly not the kind of headspace I was writing it from. As I said in my original post, I'm just very defensive about Korrasami because it's one of the first positive representation of bisexual characters.