Pulla
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 08-16-2009, 09:51 PM

I sign, and it would really be good if you would do it also. Since that could help to prevent people stealing your art, and/or saying it's their. Every piece of art that you create is automatically copyrighted to you, but putting the © and your name there helps to protect your art. I always place the copyright mark, and then my real name+username.

angelbunny1391

Old 08-18-2009, 08:21 AM

i always sign ^_^ and i use my initials SR ^_^.... and i use it like this, unlike some people who put ugliness across it where it's typed :|

DarkxLorelei
Otakuisms are Everywhere~

Old 08-20-2009, 12:47 AM

I sign my Drawings, sketches, and my Paintings. That is because I am proud they are my own, and they are all original and they are all mine, so I would like to take pride, and have everyone know who did what. Teehee, Don't want someone claiming your un-signed art, especially if you scan it onto the internet.

Missy Rin
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-20-2009, 06:28 AM

I sign all of my paintings, drawings, and sketches. It is a habit I got into because both my sister and I draw, paint, and sketch and at one point we drew a lot alike so we started signing our Art. Plus if it sells the people know who made it if they want to commission another piece.

thesarcasticwhale
Bwahaha ;D
Send a message via Yahoo to thesarcasticwhale

Old 08-21-2009, 04:51 PM

I usually sign my art but i sign very small so that its hardly noticeable. But it still there so no one can it it! Bwaha XD But if do something on paint (though i don't draw a lot on paint) i dont sign it because im not very good....XD

Endless Sky
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-22-2009, 03:48 AM

I sign my art if it's something I'm particularly proud of, or think someone might steal. ^^; I don't like digitally signing that much because it never looks right, so I only do it if it's something really fancy. I sign most finished pieces of traditional art, however (unless they're oversized, in which case I sign the back).

Trissa
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-22-2009, 09:32 AM

I usually don't sign my art. I only do when it's something I'm really proud of or if the person I'm giving the art to asks me too.

Sev en Ester
Sev En Ester

Old 08-26-2009, 12:49 AM

I use the same signature for every piece of art I put out. I try to put it so it's somewhat hidden int he art but if you actually are looking for it, you see it. The transparency tool comes in handy for that. That's how I do it, or you could make a small symbol and have it at half opacity, a watermark kind.

chiiruchan
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-27-2009, 02:48 PM

I sign my drawings with my "artist name" versus my real name. ^_^; Kind of like some authors have pen names... I think signing art makes it more personal.

iTearsXXFall2344
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-28-2009, 04:48 AM

I sign all of my art. Usually with my initials.

Zernita
Feast's Servant

Old 08-28-2009, 04:14 PM

I sign my art whenever I'm drawing a gift for someone IRL. My boyfriend, my parents, my best friend, etc.

I don't bother signing my art when I post it online. My art isn't that great, enough for someone to claim it as their own. I don't sign commissions either, like in my Menewshan art shop, because I think that if someone decides to re-post my art, they should be respectful enough to link back, or at least leave a notice on the fact that the art isn't their own, but was made by "username here".
If someone ever did claim my art as theirs.. I wouldn't get all that mad, I would see it as praise, but I would ask them to either take it down or link it back to me. If they deny, whatever, my friends know what my drawing style is and if they ever see my art in someone else's gallery/shop, they will know it's mine and treat the person as an impostor.

My friends usually believe me when I show them my drawings because they see me in the process of drawing all the time.

WishingMoon
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-30-2009, 08:07 AM

I feel its smart to sign your art but I can never remember to do it. D:

Yiehtk
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-31-2009, 12:30 AM

Nah. Not worried about art theft on my end.

If people are going to steal my art, they are. Nothing I do is going to stop the people who would do well from it. I don't care if people use it on other sites as long as they don't claim they drew it, and even then...what can I really do? Nothing.

As someone who can create a flawless report card and fool someone's parents, I understand well how easily it is to cover up a simple signature.

Wytewinde
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-31-2009, 12:32 AM

I sign my art all the time, but I went through a phase where I just forgot to.

It's not that i'm afraid someone's going to steal my art it's mainly just to say, "this is mine and this is when i completed it."

rhameil
What D:
Send a message via MSN to rhameil

Old 09-01-2009, 03:09 AM

I sometimes sign my art.
But really, I don't really worry about art theft because my art sucks anyway.

Jazzu
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-02-2009, 10:36 AM

I do digital works for people mostly, and I rarely  sign my works. When I do however I put my nicknam e as a small overlay in the corner of the picture  like some kind of watermark, visible but not that  conspicuous. People tend not to notice it unless t hey look for it or it's pointed out lol. 

Last edited by Jazzu; 09-05-2009 at 01:49 AM..

Meron Sahi
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-03-2009, 10:42 AM

Yeah, I do sign my works... just a small sign in some corner with the date of finishing it.

FAGGY CHAN
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to FAGGY CHAN

Old 09-05-2009, 05:13 PM

-points to FC on bottom right-

I am Faggy Chan everywhere.
So I always sign FC.
At least most of the time.
If it's commissions or a gift I always sign.
But if it's just a sketch or just for me, I usually dont.

You should always sign so people dont art steal and so people know who drew it.

Lady Ladle

Old 09-05-2009, 07:12 PM

I sign my traditional art. It's usually somewhere near the bottom of the paper. :3

ErudaXhienz
エイン長...

Old 09-11-2009, 01:40 PM

capital and cursive letter E then ruda and a big X followed by hienz.. :D

i don't usually draw using my paper and pen, i edit and drew pictures through photoshop.. :sweat: so i just put this copyright sign © at the bottom of my workk and put EXpressedSoul :D or just EXpressedSoul.. [capital EX for ErudaXhienz]

Larele
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 09-11-2009, 08:05 PM

I sign my traditional art with my four initials because daddy wants me to, and my digital art as Larele. ..very small and cursive with 09 at the end -or another year it was made in-. I only sign my art like this, if I'm posting it online-I'll make a copy and mark it, otherwise, I don't like a signature on my art. ^^;

Last edited by Larele; 09-11-2009 at 08:07 PM..

ENORCA
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to ENORCA

Old 09-15-2009, 06:38 AM

I sign my all of my works.
My signature is a simple "ENORCA", but I think it is enough :> I think that everyone should sign their work, no mather how bad or good they are =3

Darek Khort
Enquisiter to the Throne

Old 09-15-2009, 03:42 PM

Quote:
So do you sign?
Why?
What does your sign look like?
I do sign my artworks. I do so because it shows that the artwork is mine and not somebody else's. Simple as that.
My sign is two or three. Usually my real signature, and then also my alias'. I then blank out my real signature when posting online.

13sReborn
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-15-2009, 12:03 PM

I always sign my work, but I always use a lighter colour than that of the line art. I usually locate my signature near the bottom of my work near where the main picture is and a little on top of the actual picture is so that it can't be cropped out without ruining the picture. I used to sign my name on all works, but now I'm signing with my username of that website I am giving it to.
But now, I am thinking that I should just use one signature so that it doesn't confuse everyone. LOL;;
I just made it like a stamp in Photoshop, so I can just stamp it somewhere at the bottom. *v*

JediGal
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-15-2009, 09:02 PM

I do sign a lot of my pieces, especially ones I show to the public.
I do so to let people know that i really did this certain artwork and also so no one could steal it. >< But that's just my paranoid me.
It's best to always sign ur works. The way I sign is just a simple, cursive, small signature of my initials. And I usually put the date as well next to my initials, sometimes the full date, with month, day and year. OR, what I usually do, just put the year, the last two digits. Like for example it's 2009, so i say '09.
So yeah, I always sign my works, and u can do the same next time. ^^