View Poll Results: Do you have an odd pet?
Yes, I do 4 15.38%
No, I don't 10 38.46%
Depends on what you consider odd 12 46.15%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Carone
She Who Loves Chickens

Old 08-10-2009, 12:53 AM

Hello! I was wondering if anyone here had any pets that might be considered odd, or not usually considered as pets. If so, please show (or link) and tell!
I have a pet tortoise who comes when called and likes to sit on my lap. Plus I have two Turkeys who are total flirts. They LOVE to be around men. (Probably because they are both hens and there is no Tom with them.) Plus I have Thirty-seven pet chickens. They make great pets! I have five in the house right now!

Here's some links to photos of them:

(warning, the photos are big!)

This is Lilium

This is Lady Godiva

These two are Kimba and Boco

This is Walter (who is actually a girl)

What about you guys? Do you have any odd pets to share?

melusinia
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-10-2009, 12:55 AM

Cool, you have tortoise! :D
Unfortunately, I don't have any pets.. But if I could pick one, it'd definetly be odd. Like a skunk or something.

Carone
She Who Loves Chickens

Old 08-10-2009, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by melusinia View Post
Cool, you have tortoise! :D
Unfortunately, I don't have any pets.. But if I could pick one, it'd definetly be odd. Like a skunk or something.

Thanks! Yep, Her name is Boy. We got her as a baby when I was three from a tortoise breeder. Skunks are cool, but I wouldn't choose one myself, simply because skunks would eat my chickens' eggs.

Miss Eevee
♡sweet lolita ~

Old 08-10-2009, 01:03 AM

i don't have any odd pets.
just my dog, whom i love to pieces. <3
but he does do odd things sometimes.
like walking into glass doors. :p

graphene
Silent Killer

Old 08-10-2009, 01:13 AM

Aww, what cute chickens. I love chickens, they're so fluffy and they're just really cute. :]
I don't have any unusual pets, but I have three chihuahuas (two italian miniature greyhound mix, one part dachshund) a belgian shepherd, and a cat. So, pretty much just fairly normal animals. x)

Joey Kitsune
*^_^*

Old 08-10-2009, 01:16 AM

My cousins used to have a boa constrictor they named Fluffy and refused to eat the rat they gave her, so they named him Pinky. Is that odd?

.:TheRebornAngel:.
Secret Chatterbox
Send a message via MSN to .:TheRebornAngel:.

Old 08-10-2009, 01:21 AM

I have a ball python named Monty. If you want to see him the pic is on my profile page. He'll be one year old in October.

Carone
She Who Loves Chickens

Old 08-10-2009, 01:29 AM

@ Joey: That is odd. I wonder why he decided to spare the rat?

@Bumbling: Pythons are cool! My Zoology teacher had a python named Monty too.

Miep
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-10-2009, 01:33 AM

I don't really have any odd pets
Although my mother is trying to get a donkey.
Which wouldn't be unusual if we lived on a farm but we live a small town.
So I consider that slightly odd.

:heart:

crosscountry659

Old 08-10-2009, 01:34 AM

i have never had any odd pets. however, i did have a fish that lived for 3 and a half years, which is odd, as most fish live for only a few months. i also had a three legged hamster for a while. not THAT weird, but it is still a bit odd.

Joey Kitsune
*^_^*

Old 08-10-2009, 01:35 AM

We have a Staffordshire bull-terrier puppy named Piru. She's a good jumper--able to jump up half the length of a tree--and is a good little guard dog. What's odd is that she's half the size of our golden lab, but she can beat him up.

harlequin haley!
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to harlequin haley! Send a message via Yahoo to harlequin haley!

Old 08-10-2009, 01:36 AM

I've always wanted a snake or a lizzard but my mother won't let me until I have my own house. -_- I do have a dog with a shoe fetish though. When we go out of the house we find that he's taken some of our shoes onto his bed to sleep with. He also smiles when you pet him. :3

elephantscanflyy
.::[inky] ::.

Old 08-10-2009, 02:11 AM

i've never had weird pets.
i want a turtle just so i can call it 'Awkward'.

SwirlingCloud

Old 08-10-2009, 02:39 AM

hey!! a got a pet tortoise too xD
but it kinda... small... haha~~

my friend has a iguana as a pet :sarcasm:

Iseril
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-10-2009, 02:47 AM

I don't really have any pets but I always said I have a son, who needs pets. Especially with all the critters he used to bring home. Like toads and such.

Carone
She Who Loves Chickens

Old 08-10-2009, 03:03 AM

@ harlequin haley: Dogs DO seem to love shoes for some reason. My dog smiles too! Maybe they're related? Mine's a terrier/shepherd mix.

@ elephantscanflyy: Why would you want to call a turtle "Awkward?" Is it a inside joke?

@ SwirlingCloud: Neat! What kind of tortoise is it? Mine's a Leopard Tortoise. Most tortoises never get that big. Iguanas are cool; but I heard they need a lot of room.

@ Iseril: Kids sure do love animals!

Kanna_Karasu_Kamio
A Mediocre Artist
Send a message via MSN to Kanna_Karasu_Kamio

Old 08-10-2009, 05:54 AM

I have a cat named Beetlejuice. The day we got him, we set him down in the living room, and when the girl onscreen said his name three times, he meowed.
Today, he runs into the tv every time there is a fish onscreen. XD

naidusiuke
What I can say I like this game

Old 08-10-2009, 07:09 AM

I have fishes in the acvarium and in the yard and a two cats and one bird amadin and a two dogs berno zenenhunds

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 08-10-2009, 07:13 AM

In our house we have two chinchillas. One is my brothers and ones mine. They'll both be 4 or 5 in the fall.

vomity
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-10-2009, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carone View Post

This is Lilium

This is Lady Godiva

These two are Kimba and Boco

This is Walter (who is actually a girl)

What about you guys? Do you have any odd pets to share?

Omergarsh! You have THE best pets in the world. I'm serious.
This one time, I went to this beach in Moneret and this man had a chicken on his head, but I felt really bad for it because it had a lot of bald spots, it was greasy, and looked a little diseased. ;____;
The strangest pet I've ever had was a crawfish. In third grade we did this study on them, and then people with parent permission got to take them home.
I got two. :'D
But I gave on to my sister because she threatened to never play animals with me again. (she did that a lot when I was really little; blackmailing me out of any cute stuffed animals I got. ;___; )
I names mine Pinchers.
How original right? 'D

Dr. Nyx
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-10-2009, 09:51 AM

I live in an apartment right now. They don't allow pets. But when I move into a place that has a lot of land on it, I plan on getting an Arctic Wolf from a guy who breeds them on the border of Alaska and Canada. It's not too far from where I live.

Serendair
*^_^*

Old 08-10-2009, 11:01 AM

Unfortunately I have no odd pets...only 3 really cute rats, but there aren't odd^^

Dr. Nyx
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-10-2009, 11:11 AM

@Serendair: I wish I had rats. They are so cute. I also heard they are very smart and easily trained.

az_stars
*^_^*

Old 08-10-2009, 07:50 PM

I used to have a regular goldfish that lived for 4 years.
I also have a giant water snail. Seriously, it's huge- about the size my palm.

Raphael
*^_^*

Old 08-10-2009, 07:54 PM

I used to live on a farm.
Dogs, cats, cows, pigs, chickens, sheep, donkey (who's name was Jack), and horses.

My tutor has a chinchilla.