M i r o
Comatose

Old 09-14-2013, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirin Rosenbaum View Post
Hey there how is everybody doing? Hope you are all doing well. I really need to start making my Christmas cards.
OOoo, christmas cards! I feel like drawing my own. I wish I had copic markers to color them in, though.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 09-14-2013, 12:52 AM

I don't draw mine. You can see a sample picture of my cards on the second post in my thread A Little Bit of Everything The Second.

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-14-2013, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry Who? View Post
Oh, you guys, origami stars are the simplest things to make ever, trust me. The only issue with learning how to do it is that some instructions are needlessly confusing. If you guys want, I could slap together a quick picture tutorial? Once you get it down, they're good to do whenever you need something to occupy your hands and eyes.
I would love a Cherry Who tutorial! I've watched a video and tried to follow two illustrated guides and still all I can make is angry crumple-balls.

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Send a message via AIM to ~LONGCAT~

Old 09-14-2013, 01:36 AM

I second this need for a Cherry Who tutorial as I think those stars would be awesome for Bluebeard to destroy. If he wasn't terrified of them...

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 09-14-2013, 01:36 AM

I suck at origami. My fine motor skills aren't all they are cracked up to be.

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 09-14-2013, 01:43 AM

Cherry tutorial!!! *gets excited*
And, do you have to use paper specifically meant for origami or can you use like, scrapbooking paper? Cause I've got some super pretty scrapbooking paper that I have no use for. Unless I get more modge podge.

I made this last spring, but I'm trying to think up some ways to jazz it up for the fall. plaid sash? Leaves? I wanted to do a photoshoot with a friend when the leaves turn, in I'm going to make this a prop.....

SPOILERX

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 09-14-2013, 01:50 AM

Okay! I just took some pictures of the process. Lemme pretty 'em up and I'll make a tutorial thread!

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 09-14-2013, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlandnymph View Post
Cherry tutorial!!! *gets excited*
And, do you have to use paper specifically meant for origami or can you use like, scrapbooking paper? Cause I've got some super pretty scrapbooking paper that I have no use for. Unless I get more modge podge.

I made this last spring, but I'm trying to think up some ways to jazz it up for the fall. plaid sash? Leaves? I wanted to do a photoshoot with a friend when the leaves turn, in I'm going to make this a prop.....

SPOILERX

Oh that's so pretty.

---------- Post added 09-13-2013 at 10:43 PM ----------

Would anybody be interested in seeing a video of how I make my cards?

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-14-2013, 02:50 AM

Sure, Kirin! :)

@Woody - super cute hat! I agree that changing the sash to something more autumnal would make all the difference.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 09-14-2013, 02:58 AM

Just have to do it... hmmm. How best to do it.... hmmm.

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 09-14-2013, 03:21 AM

Yes Kirin! That'd be awesome.

Thanks guys. I think the trick is finding a rayon stretch fabric that's....well, plaid. Otherwise.hmmm.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 09-14-2013, 03:35 AM

Yeah just have to figure out the best way to do it.

M i r o
Comatose

Old 09-14-2013, 03:44 AM

Quote:
I don't draw mine. You can see a sample picture of my cards on the second post in my thread A Little Bit of Everything The Second.
Okedokey! I'll search for 'em :)

I tend to draw or make my handmade cards by using regular commercial cards as a base. I just glue and paste over them. I find it very hard to find nice seasonal cards anymore. :/ There are some nice ones by Hallmark but they're always pricey. So, I've always handmade my moms bday and seasonal cards. I made two personal cards for my bf and he loves them! Bless his heart XD

---------- Post added 09-13-2013 at 11:47 PM ----------

Oooo! I just saw'em, Kirin! I love your Halloween cards. Especially the { } quote one.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-14-2013, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry Who? View Post
I have so many shirts and skirts that need altering, a dresser that needs sanding and restaining, countless necklaces and bracelets that want making... ugh.
I think Cherry is my secret twin ALL of these things...me too

Tsunii
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-14-2013, 11:34 PM

Hi! Nice things you guys have done.
I also do a lot of crafts, like sewing and knitting. I also do some wire wrapping jewelry and a lot of other stuff.

Woody: About using scrapbooking paper for making origami stars, it all depend on how thick/thin your paper is. Is it too thick then it can be really hard to do the last step, and same if it is too thin. I've noticed in the years that I've been folding paper stars that you need to vary the length of the paperstripes according to the thickness/thinness of the paper and for what width you have on the stripes.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 09-15-2013, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M i r o View Post
Okedokey! I'll search for 'em :)

I tend to draw or make my handmade cards by using regular commercial cards as a base. I just glue and paste over them. I find it very hard to find nice seasonal cards anymore. :/ There are some nice ones by Hallmark but they're always pricey. So, I've always handmade my moms bday and seasonal cards. I made two personal cards for my bf and he loves them! Bless his heart XD

---------- Post added 09-13-2013 at 11:47 PM ----------

Oooo! I just saw'em, Kirin! I love your Halloween cards. Especially the { } quote one.
I do sell them. Each one is different.

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 09-15-2013, 03:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunii View Post
Hi! Nice things you guys have done.
I also do a lot of crafts, like sewing and knitting. I also do some wire wrapping jewelry and a lot of other stuff.

Woody: About using scrapbooking paper for making origami stars, it all depend on how thick/thin your paper is. Is it too thick then it can be really hard to do the last step, and same if it is too thin. I've noticed in the years that I've been folding paper stars that you need to vary the length of the paperstripes according to the thickness/thinness of the paper and for what width you have on the stripes.
Oooh, thanks Tsunii! It might be on the thick side, since some of them are glittery. I'll have to check and see.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 09-15-2013, 03:56 AM

So I am going to record myself making cards, should I talk during it? If I do what should I say?

Tsunii
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-15-2013, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Oooh, thanks Tsunii! It might be on the thick side, since some of them are glittery. I'll have to check and see.
You're welsome. Also, when you've properly learned to fold paper stars, then you can make really small ones with thin paper. Oh, and thick paper works well if you make bigger stars.

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 09-15-2013, 03:01 PM

I dunno Kirin. Is it easier to talk your way through it or edit it afterwards?

Hmmm. Well, I'm classically known for being horrible at origami. So we'll see how any cute stars come out. I've got the coolest origami kusudama ball a friend made for me, hanging in my room. It's something I could never do. Trust me.

Tsunii
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-15-2013, 04:21 PM

Quote:
So I am going to record myself making cards, should I talk during it? If I do what should I say?
If you want to talk during it, I guess that you could say what ever you think is necessary to explain.

Quote:
I dunno Kirin. Is it easier to talk your way through it or edit it afterwards?

Hmmm. Well, I'm classically known for being horrible at origami. So we'll see how any cute stars come out. I've got the coolest origami kusudama ball a friend made for me, hanging in my room. It's something I could never do. Trust me.
Oh, that sounds really cute. The most advanced origami I can do this far is a lotus flower.

I realized that I have some pictures on my computer of stuff I've done. Anyone who would like to see any of it?

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 09-15-2013, 04:38 PM

I have no editing software. Sadly. So maybe I'll just try and talk as I go.

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 09-16-2013, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunii View Post
If you want to talk during it, I guess that you could say what ever you think is necessary to explain.

Oh, that sounds really cute. The most advanced origami I can do this far is a lotus flower.

I realized that I have some pictures on my computer of stuff I've done. Anyone who would like to see any of it?
More advanced than me!!!

And of course we'd love to see pictures!

Tsunii
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-16-2013, 07:28 AM

Well then. Lets start with an angel necklace charm:

And a bit special designed hook I made for my calendar:

This is all I have time to post right now. I'll post some more later when I'm back home from work.

Nivvy
(っ◔◡◔)&...

Old 09-16-2013, 07:32 AM

Ohh gorgeous work Tsunii ^^
You're so talented <3
I love items that have a practical use