Hresvelgr
It's 11PM, do you know where you...

Old 09-14-2010, 11:47 AM

"Nope, I got them. Thank you though Dia." Riley laughed a bit as Ai answered the door. Something was slightly off with him. Even though something normally was. Riley walked in, setting everyone's drinks down on the table. It was a mix of teas, lattes, and regular coffees. Everyone for the most part knew which was there from the markings on the side of the cup. He took his own, and took a drink from it. Leaning back on Akiye's desk near the door. "Morning all." Riley finally said, realizing he was a bit late for that. Not that it mattered.

Suddenly, he heard a motorcycle outside and someone came running in like the wind just seconds later. Someone he had never met in his life. Though it occurred to him Netsuai hired a part timer. That was good for them all. Not that Riley was sure what she was going to be doing. He looked her up and down. She still had slightly wet hair it seemed. Showing she was rushing about. "And Good morning to you Ahhh, Jamie was it?" Riley asked the part-timer. Giving a short wave to Flora. "Flora, I hope you do not make being late a habit." Riley of coarse was completely joking, throwing himself into his big man voice.

------------

Akiye said her good mornings to everyone who came in. Not looking up from her computer. She walked over to Riley, taking her drink blindly. She of coarse paid him back at the end of the week. Even though she had to fight him to take the money. Finally Akiye looked up at the voice of Gemini. She gave a quick glance to Ai. Unsure what his plans were. Mainly because Akiye handled the costumers for the most part, but would she be stuck dealing with a student now? She like Ai, did not understand the need for one. But did not get involved into the argument.

Akiye set her computer down on her desk. Locking the screen so Riley wouldn't play with it. "Good morning Gemini." Akiye said to her. Knowing they had met already. "That you need to speak with Netsuai over. I am sure he will introduce you to everyone. Or have me do it. Everyone is just setting up for the day as you can probably tell."

Gemini
(◎_◎;)

Old 09-15-2010, 02:44 AM

Gemini nodded slightly,and then turned to the one who got her name wrong.
It's Gemini,actually. NOT jamie. she said with slight annoyance. She hated it when people got her name wrong. How hard was a name like Gemini to remember? It was unusual enough.
I hope i can be helpful around here. I promise to work very hard.
((GAH SHORTNESS!!!))

Aoi Kazuya
"I'm nobody, who are you?"

Old 09-15-2010, 03:49 AM

((Actually, most of the names being used right now are probably more unusual then Gemini XD
Alright gemini, this is your second warning by the way, when speaking please use " ". Besides that, maybe you could add a bit more descriptions to your posts, like she shifts her weight or something. This is a semi-literate roleplay so I'd appreciate there being more...well, body to your posts. I am thankful that you're posting more than two lines though. Thank you for that ^^

On a side note. I added another rule. Since I don't want everybody getting epically left behind as tends to happen in a lot of group roleplays. no one else is allowed to temper with the time of day/season/weather/etc. except for me. And anybody i tell to in my absence >.> Wow...I must sound very...naggy >.>))

Kouken nodded, "Yea, a list would be a good idea." He leaned against the nearest wall, rubbing absently at his head, the spot Netsuai had hit. He had a somewhat dazed expression on his face, he had only been joking. He'd forgotten how quickly his brother's moods could sour at times. When he hear Netsuai announce Riley's arrival, he pushed himself off the wall and greeted the other male with a clap to the shoulder before grabbing his latte and retreating to his wall. He watched as his brother grabbed his tea. he didn't understand how his brother could drink it all the time. it was bitter and well...it was basically water with flavoring. Not that interesting in Kouken's mind. The familiar sound of a motorcycle pulling in suddenly invaded the air and Kouken blinked in surprise. Who could that be...?

After taking a few sips from the drink he held in his hand, Netsuai set it down neatly on the table as a young girl burst into the room, gasping for air and apologizing for being late. He said nothing, just staring at her with a blank look on his face, only reacting when Flora walked in and that was only to nod in her direction. He noted that she was carrying a rather large bag and deduced that she had made lunch for them all once again. A faint smile curled his lips before his expression turned icy once more. He listened quietly to Akiye telling Gemini a little about what everyone was doing. then he listened to her reply to Riley with a rather annoyed tone. She definitely was not earning any brownie points with him.

"Gemini then, I suppose." he murmured. He raised a pale hand to his chin and wrapped his fingers around it, his sleeve pulled up to his knuckles. "What to do with you, hm?" If he was making the girl worried, who cared? He didn't. Somewhere in the back of his mind, he knew he was being very unfair to her, but he couldn't change a part of him that had been there for since he could remember. She said something about being helpful, and then promising to work hard. That made Netsuai chuckle, though the sound contained no humor in it, "Don't they all promise to do that." he let his hand drop and crossed his arms over his chest, "Let me clear some things up for you. Firstly, my brother might be nice to you, but do not expect me to be lenient with you because you are new here. Secondly, I personally don't understand what we need a part-timer for, but here you are. Thirdly, whenever you have exams, and I'll know when you do, you are not allowed to come to work. You are to stay home and study for them. Fourthly, I don't like you. You don't like me. The feeling's mutual." Now he knew he was being unfair. But he couldn't help it, "My brother, Kouken, will show you around. I'm going to take a nap." He wasn't truly, it wasn't like the part-timer knew about his sleeping disorder anyway, it was just an excuse to get away before he said something extremely nasty to her.

After Netsuai had walked away, Kouken pushe dhimself up and motioned for Akiye or Riley to go after him. Either of them would do. Something was bothering his brother, and if it bothered Netsuai, it bothered Kouken. The elder brother smiled kindly at Gemini, "You'll have to excuse my little brother. He's not really a people person. If you'll come with me, I can tell you more about what we do here and explain about the different things that we all do." Kouken started for the stairs and went about halfway up before pausing to see if Gemini was following him.

Gemini
(◎_◎;)

Old 09-15-2010, 04:36 AM

Gemini followed quickly,trying to prove herself. She was really very upset about what that netsuai had said to her. It made her temper flare up inside her like a fire that badly needed to be put out.
"Pardon me,but i am no liar,as your brother seems to imply. Also,i have no intention of skipping my schoolwork. And third,The feeling is NOT mutual.DO NOT PRESUME TO KNOW WHAT I FEEL!" she shouted at the end of her sentence,knowing that she had just screwed up. She sighed,wondering if this was the third or fourth job she'd lost due to her temper.
"I-i apologise,i really must learn to control my temper.I really hate it when people think they know what i think or feel. Get to know me first,before you judge me.And i realize that he didn't mean to be rude,just as i don't mean to get so angry.I suppose you'll be firing me now." She said,trying to retain her dignity-and secretly hoping netsuai had heard her last statement. She looked up and into the eyes of her employer,hoping he didn't hate her.
"Also...i reall don't dislike him."

sailor star rainbow
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 09-15-2010, 04:52 AM

About 5 minutes past by before Flora walks back up front to grab her drink. the young woman sometimes would forget about getting her drink. till it get's cold which normally she'd get mad at her self for it. "Riley I tolled you more then one all ready to please. call me by nick name it's Kobato next time you call me Flora I'll forget your lunch." she says wile trying to tease him a bit her voice was clam even a bit mad for once.

This rarely happens but heck as long Kobato just day dream about her lover. then things would go back to normal before. the next time are day it would happen but then again she was know to be a scatter brain. so sure that could happen before the end of the day. Flora pick's up her regular coffee knowing that it was strong enough. to keep her mind wondering off of her work to much.

Flora start's to slowly walk back to her work area to find fabrics. to finish off what had not been finish the other day. mostly people knew her to be a fast worker if something had. to be done for a bride before they would come pick up there dress and any items they'd pick out. her mind wonder off to how much work she had for the hole day?

Not long a walk at all get to the said work area Flora sits down in her chair. take a quick sip of coffee then off to work on the hair accessory's. picking out a white gold colored fabric recalling a bride wanted a white gold rose hair clip. first of all checking to see if there was enough of the pretty fabric left over. luck by chance was on the woman's side on this day.

Then starts to measure the fabric out first and use's a pencil. too draw out one rose petal at a time on to the soft fabric by hand. till a rose was clearly on the fabric all that is left to due. is cut the fabric petals out en sew them up in her hand till a full bloomed rose would by a prefect size. are in some case's hot glue fabric together sadly hot glue was messy to use. sometimes if one is not careful with hot glue it may burn fabric's up. yet even worse of all it mighty be to hard to cut with out ripping the fabric.

Eiiri
Getting your dreams, its strange...

Old 09-15-2010, 05:20 AM

Diantha finished the coffee she had brought to the shop. She then took the thermos to the kitchen to clean it out. She washed it, then put it into the drying rack. She would pick it back up before she left for the night. She looked at the coffees that Riley brought with him, locating her's from the rest of the them. She took it and sipped it. It was exactly the way she liked it. She went back out to the group, just in time to hear Natsuai talking to the part-timer. Dia gave herself a private smile when Natsuai gave Gemini the lecture. After all, she had heard a similar thing years ago. He had scared the shit out of her, after all she had just moved to town and knew no one. It also didn't help that she was socially awkward at the time, not that much about that had changed much since then. She had gotten over it not long after, after finding out he was like that at times and she just accepted it.

Diantha was surprised, however, that the girl talked back to him, even though he had left the room. 'Well, this is a first, some one talking back to Natsuai,' she thought, slightly raising her eyebrows. She was interested in what everyone's reaction to this would be. She moved out of the way, she did not want to be in the way if this girl truly pissed Natsuai off. She figured he had to have heard her, the shop wasn't that large. She went towards her workstation, sitting down on her work stool. She picked up her current project and began to work on it, while still watching the others. She wasn't the type to interfere or usually takes sides. Though in this case, she would have to take Natsuai's side, she didn't know this girl.

Hresvelgr

Old 09-15-2010, 11:58 AM

Akiye was just about to warn Gemini about her attitude towards Riley. It was just a name, something Riley was horrible with. He still called Flora bu the wrong name after all. She was glad Riley did not say anything himself. Normally he was the first to make some sort of a remark. Netsuai seemed to be tehre in a heart beat. Forcing Akiye to stand back some to allow him a perfect shot towards Gemini. She went back towards her desk, taking a sip of her drink. The night of not being allowed to sleep was slowly settling in. She was listening to Netsuai's small speech. It is one he had given to everybody at least once. Even Akiye had gotten a few herself. Mainly when she tried to work or go to school sick.

Netsuai left just a minute later. Claiming to be tired. Which most in the room should have known better of. Looking up to Kouken, Akiye nodded. Glancing to Riley to make a sort of silent agreement. Before she left the room after Netsuai. She found him just a bit later in his room. Still standing. She had probably just caught him before he laid down. Akiye leaned against the door frame, knocking against it quickly before stepping into the room. "Ai" She said first, wrapping her arms around him for a small hug. Akiye was about an inch shorter than Netsuai. "She is interesting, I can see why you picked her... Are you alright?" Akiye let go of him, knowing he was one for touching.

------------

((I'll make a post for Riley when I come back from work. I just realized the time :shock: ))

Aoi Kazuya

Old 09-16-2010, 01:43 AM

Kouken stopped walking mid-step as Gemini all but yelled at him. No, that was a lie. She was yelling at him. He could have smacked himself really. He had taken forever to convince Netsuai to hire this girl and here she was, crushing all her chances to win his brother's good favor, all on her first day too. It was one thing to insult/yell at Netsuai in the face, he wouldn't care. But yell at his only family or his closest friends...that's like asking for a death wish. Netsuai might have been a rather girly looking male, but he wasn't one you would like to piss off.

As Kouken listened to Gemini's words, his eyes narrowed minisculely, here she was, yelling about how his brother was presuming things while she was presuming things all by herself as well. Kouken loved his brother with all his heart, his brother had been the most devastated at thei parent's funeral. Had it not been for Kouken, who had had to keep strong for his brother's sake, Kouken didn't know what Netsuai would have done. His friends being their didn't hurt either. "My brother has never once called an individual a liar unless they have proven themselves to be so. He has not implied anything as such." Kouken's warm tone had suddenly gone harsh, as it always did when others insulted or said anything bad about his brother, "Do not think you are special. He has given everyone you see here, and a few who have yet to show, the same lecture. He has been proven wrong time and time again." Kouken abruptly turned back around and continued into the front room Netsuai had spent the night in, already expecting the girl to have followed him anyway, "And he has presumed nothing. His childhood was not a happy one. My brother doesn't let on to his true self, least-ways to someone he has just met. He has learned that dislike will always be associated with him." Kouken finished in a much softer tone, the hard expression on his face giving way to a much sadder expression.

When she spoke of being fired Kouken froze just slightly before regaining his composure. "If you keep doing what you are doing now, you very well may be." He picked up a stray piece of paper as he leaned back against a table and examined the familiar lines of his brother's work, "You cannot expect to be able to speak the way you do to me with my brother. Like your last statement. I'm sure Ai has heard it already, but you cannot expect him to apologize to you." Kouken put the paper back down, crossing his arms over his chest as he observed the part-timer with cool eyes, "He will do no such thing for you." Then he straightened up and moved over to the window seat, sitting down and crossing his legs, placing his hands on the seat as he leaned back, "And anyway, I'm not your employer. i am merely an employee. My brother, Netsuai, is the owner of this shop." He lifted a hand and waved it off-handedly, "had I been the owner, this business would have gone under ages ago." He closed his eyes as Gemini's last statement met his ears. "You don't dislike him, hm?" He smiled, a melancholy thing, "I suppose that's a start."

((Oh snap, how the frick did I type three paragraphs in response to that? Ah....I love Kouken and Netsuai XD Their brotherly relationship is so much fun to write about~ Now for Ai's turn~))

Netsuai had leaned casually against his door-frame when he had reached his room, listening to the sounds coming from downstairs. To his brother's voice. His brother apologizing for him. A horrible feeling of guilt was pressing down on Netsuai. His brother needn't have apologized for him. Netsuai knew that he himself would be making more mistakes along the way, his brother didn't have to trouble himself with apologizing for Netsuai's mistakes.

When Gemini's outburst reached his ears, Netsuai found his fists clenching, his nails digging into the skin of his palm. How dare she? he didn't care if she had just exploded in his face, but how dare she yell at his brother? Kouken had done nothing but be kind to her and she goes and yells at him? Nice way of showing gratitude this one had. Then he heard Kouken speak up, defending Netsuai. The designer felt something stir within him, something that made him smile sadly at the opposing wall. A bitter-sweet smile. It had always been like this. For as long as he could remember. Always.

His eyes closed as he listened to his brother speak, listened to the footsteps walking to the room at the end of the hall. His room was located at the other end of the hall but he could hear his brother clearly. He could also hear Gemini clealry. he knew he had been quite rude when dealing with her. but everyone else had gotten over it rather quickly, and they had warmed to him. If she couldn't get over just one lecture, she wouldn't last very long at this shop.

And anyway, why was she yelling at him about presuming things? She was assuming things on her own as well. Things that just so happened to be wrong. Netsuai didn't go around calling random part-timer's liars. He had been quite sure he hadn't even mentioned the word in his lecture/speech. A moment later, Netsuai re-opened his eyes and stepped completely into his room. he had barely gone three steps when Akiye entered his room.

Her voice made him stop his beeline to his bed and soon he felt her arms encircle him. He lifted a hand and ruffled her hair lightly before she let go again. "Yes...interesting." he answered in a slightly distant tone. "But you're wrong Akiye, love, I didn't choose her. Kou did..." He suddenly sighed and ran a hand over his face. He slipped his white jacket off and tossed it carelessly onto a chair before moving to his bed and sitting down, putting his head into his hands, "it was all his idea. This whole part-timer business. I shouldn't have let him talk me into it. Look at the mess it's already made and she hasn't even been here for an hour yet. He's already having to explain my behavior to the girl." His words were slightly muffled as he hadn't bothered to lift his head from his hands. When he did, it was to look at his dear friend with a forlorn look in his eyes, "I do nothing but cause trouble for everyone around me. Why do you all still stay?" He cast his eyes around the room, "Why is it I still get customers...patrons...I don't deserve this..." Then he laughed, a mirthless sound, "I must sound so pathetic." he muttered, "Even to you. A man complaining about his life like some angsty teenager." He groaned before letting his head droop, his chin against his chest, unfocused eyes aimed at the floor, his arms resting on his legs.

((there, eight paragraphs should make up for my lack of responses ^^

on a side note, ugh, I'm making Netsuai sound like some mary-sue character >.>

have fun reading this rather excessive post XD))

Hresvelgr

Old 09-16-2010, 02:37 AM

Riley looked at the intern for a good second, before laughing just a bit. "Eh, I can't be bothered with remembering names. So I just give everyone nicknames until I learn their real names. You shall be Thorn my friend." Riley said to her. He honestly did not remember her name. Even after she just screamed in his ear. it was just a name though. No need for someone to over react. Especially since it was his first time meeting her. Though it was close. Better than how he was with Flora. Riley just thought the name Flora was much prettier. So to him, it stuck in his mind far more.

Speaking of Flora, he heard her come up right behind him. Though he realized his mistake already. "I think you should just give up on me Kobato. I'm the same kind who went threw my school career calling all of my teachers Teach." Riley said with a laugh. Going over to his desk. To his surprise there was nothing on it. Probably because Riley was completely caught up, and ahead three weeks. He put his feet up on the desk as Kou started to talk with the intern. Explaining Ai's behavior. Riley would normally go harass his boss for more drawings, but now wasn't the time after all.

---------

Akiye heard the yelling from down the hall. Something that seemed to burn right into her. She stood for a bit. In front of him. Fixing her hair from where he had ruffled it. Not that were was much hair to fix. Akiye used to have very long dark hair. Although it did never really grow back. Something she did not seem to mind very much anymore. It made her look older, and took way less time to get ready. And fix whenever Ai decided to mess with it. Once she got it back, she looked down at him. Hearing how she was wrong. Something Akiye did not mind hearing. To her, mistakes were something to learn from. Not something to linger on. "There had to be some reason to pick her. There were probably at least sixty names on the list I was given." Akiye paused to take the seat next to him on the bed while his head was still in his hands. Although Akiye would barely hear him.

She reached her hand up and started to rub the back of his neck slightly. In hopes to relax the fellow next to her. "It has only been an hour. Maybe she will put some of that fire to use." She commented. Akiya was not trying to stand for the girl, only be Netsuai's thinking side in some ways. That is what Akiye did at times. Think outside of the box when it came to people. She gave a warm smile to him as he finally looked up. Though suddenly Netsuai started to sadden a bit. Akiye listened to it all. As she always did. "I think you go threw that train of thought more and more often now. It worries me I have to say." Akiye admitted. Taking a small breath. She was avoiding really answering him. Though she did laugh at his last statement.

"Yes, Ai is going threw puberty yet again. Such a confusing time in a young man's life. Shall I explain the bird and the bees to you? In short they all explode into confetti."

Gemini
(◎_◎;)

Old 09-16-2010, 02:45 AM

((holy crap.i never made gemini yell at kouken...i'm gonna have to put alot into this next post!))
Gemini just stared,proscessing what she had been told. She had never meant to offend anyone,or to do exactly what she had gotten angry about. Tears came to her eyes,but she refused to let them flow.
"I never...i apologise. I never suggested that either of you had it easy.But,just so you know,neither did i. I also NEVER asked for him to apologise,nor do i expect it. I know i was in the wrong. He...i don't know,i just...i've had a bit of an issue for a while-the thing is,what he said...it was along the same lines of what my parents said the last time we talked to eachother...that they didnt want me,they didn't like me,and that i didnt like them..."
The tears had started to flow then,just a small bit. Just one tear on each cheek. Her hands were clenched so tight her palms had started to bleed a little,but still she refused to give in to her usual urge to look away,instead keeping her head up high and trying to keep her dignity...what little she had left.
"And no...i don't dislike him at all. In fact...he reminds me quite a bit of my older brother. He was exactly the same...another reason i reacted the way i did. But i admit that what i said was wrong,and i apologise. I would apologise in person,given the chance. And after what i just did...i want to try my hardest to redeem myself."
She wiped her tears away,refusing to cry over this. This was the reason she had taken this job,to improve her people skills,and she was going to accomplish her goal darnit! And now,on top of that,she decided,she was going to earn netsuai's trust. Even if it killed her!
"Now,i know he never said i was lying,but the words 'that's what they all say' in response to my saying i would work hard,that implies that i was lying. And now more than ever i am going to prove myself!" she said sternly,adjusting her over-long bangs so she could see better. Her eyes were filled with determination,as well as hardship.

Last edited by Gemini; 09-16-2010 at 02:47 AM..

Eiiri

Old 09-16-2010, 04:02 AM

Diantha watched the exchange between Gemini and Kouken, cringing when the girl showed signs of crying. She could not stand to see or heard people crying of any sorts, she had enough of it growing up. Her mother had never stopped after the death of her father. It was the reason they had moved there anyways, to stay with her grandparents. Her mother had pretty much let herself go and neglected Dia for almost a year. It took people a while to notice because Dia had been home-schooled up to that point. After moving in with her grandparents, Dia entered high school and was around other people for the first time. That was partly why she had trouble interacting with people. Almost no one knew that story about her.

Dia turned away when she saw the first tear and grabbed a set of headphones off her workstation. She turned it up loudly enough for it to deafen someone. She always did this when people started crying in the shop, which was often when they made wedding dresses, though those were usually tears of joy. Tears made her uncomfortable and want to hide. She focused her energy on finishing her project, which was almost done. She was wondering what she would do when she finished, it was easier to focus on when she was uncomfortable.

As she finished the project, she ventured a look around and saw that Gemini had stopped crying. It hadn't lasted long. Dia breathed a sigh of relief and took off her headphones, shaking out her hair. The thing she disliked about her headphones was that they tended to mess her hair up, especially when she wore it up, like today. Dia set her finished project down and worked on reorganizing her workspace. It had gotten a little messy in the process of finishing the project, but that usually happened. She put each thing on her desk back into place. She then turned around and spoke to Kouken. "Are you going to introduce the new girl? What is she going to do around here, anyways?" she asked curiously.

sailor star rainbow
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 09-17-2010, 03:18 AM

"Maybe I will then Riley,good grief it has been so 4 years have past by all ready?" Kobato says in happy voice but said the last part to her self. looking up at calender seeing today's date. she was happy about seeing someone how has been away at law school for 4 long years. was still working on her rose petals cutting them out one at time.

Taking time too not make no nick's on the fabric that was not needed. tho that would cause small or big problems depending on the nick size. Flora pick's up a small needled up off of a daisy shape pin cushion. clear thread was all ways on the needles so people could not see colored thread. starting to pick up to rose petals sewing each petal on a rose dummy on her table.

A woman such as her self would not have dream about. working in a bridle shop before collage days even came cross her mind. until a few months past by trying to become a teacher officially. sometimes the class was to tough on such a timid personality as the teachers would say. go try something new then try this out if things don't work out.

Gemini
(◎_◎;)

Old 09-21-2010, 02:33 AM

((hello?))

Aoi Kazuya

Old 09-22-2010, 02:58 AM

((And yet again Gemini. I have already told you about posting OOC in this thread. Can you please stop breaking the same rule? If this continues, i will have to ask you to leave. If you have any comments, use the OOC page. You would see why no one was posting and other things there. This is either the second or third strike i believe. Second if I'm not miscounting, one more and I will really have to ask you to leave >.> and I'd feel horrible if I had to do that, so please don't make me do that?))

Akiye's statement brought a smile to Netsuai's face and he shook his head. "I never did understand why they used birds and bees." he murmured. Then another sigh slipped from his lips and he fell backwards onto the bed, throwing his right arm carelessly over his eyes. He laid like that in silence for a few moments before moving his arm so that he could peek out past his arm at the girl perched on the edge of his bed. He observed her quietly with an unreadable emotion in his eyes before he lifted his left arm and wrapped his hand around her arm, tugging her down next to him. "Stay here with me for a little?" he asked softly. Without even waiting for an answer, he let his eyes drift shut and he curled up slightly, sinking into a light sleep.

Kouken hated when people cried. He always felt uncomfortable, and this time, it was his fault. He covered his eyes with a hand and groaned softly under his breath as Gemini spoke. "I'm sorry that Ai brought up such...painful memories for you. But I already explained to you that he had trust issues in the job interview. I thought you'd have understood that already." He heard a slight strain of music leaking into the air, that had to be Diantha's doing, that girl hated seeing other's cry as much as he did. Kouken let his hand drop but continued to listen with his eyes closed, leaning back slightly in his seat. "Don't bother trying to apologize. He won't hear it from you." were the first words to leave his mouth after a brief pause filled with contemplation, "And to redeem yourself...you'll have to put up with my dear brother's childishness. I can guarantee you will be without something to do for the better part of your hours here." Kouken reopened his eyes and stood back up, straightening out his clothes as he replied to her last statement, "Yes, I suppose that's what it normally applies to. But it doesn't always. Just because a lot of people have used it in that context cannot be a good enough reason for you to say that everyone uses it in that context. Netsuai was just stating fact. All past workers we have had have indeed said that they would work hard. There were no implications behind his words whatsoever."

When Diantha spoke, Kouken turned his attention to the beading artist, "Ah, my bad Dia, forgive me? This is our new part-timer, Gemini Starr. Gemini, this is Diantha Dukes, the beading artist."

Gemini
(◎_◎;)

Old 09-22-2010, 03:09 AM

Gemini nodded.
"I understand.i'll do my best,then." she said,wiping her tears away. Then she turned to the woman who asked who she was. She waited through introductions and smiled warily.
"Nice to meet you. I hope i can be of help. she said hopefully.
"So...is there anything i can start with?" she asked,trying to act like she hadn't screwed up too badly.

Hresvelgr

Old 09-22-2010, 11:18 PM

Riley simply laughed a bit hearing her comment. He could not be expected to remember everything after all. Even something so simple as a name. Although with Flora, he secretly did it on purpose. Mainly because each time he did call her by the wrong name, she got angry. It was a game to him. He put his head back a bit to rest a bit more. Around him were about three dresses and a tux. All finished just the previous day. They needed to be shipped out or something. Riley honestly did not care for the details.

---------

Akiye smiled back down to him. "Who cares. It made you smile." she said to him as he laid next to her. Covering his eyes from her gaze. Though Akiye looked away. Looking to the wall across from them both. On it was designs from the past. Probably some of his favorites. When Ai laid down like that, Akiye normally either laid with him, though she did normally wake up with him gone. And an entire days work to catch up on. Or she would simply leave. While debating on what to do, she felt the arm tug her down carefully. Which she did. Kicking her shoes off, and laying her head on his chest. Akiye did not even realize how tired she was. Then again, not sleeping for a night did that to her.

"Just for a little while.." Akiye said to him. Closing her eyes after him. "Wake me-" Akiye was about to ask him if he would wake her up when he woke up, but she started to feel his chest rise and fall from under her head. He was sleeping. Akiye decided to try and stay awake. Although half way threw that thought, she was completely out.

Eiiri

Old 09-22-2010, 11:50 PM

"I guess I'll forgive you this time," Diantha said, giving Kouken a small smile. She then turned to the new girl, Gemini. She looked nervous and unsure about what to do. "Its nice to meet you as well, I hope you enjoy working here," she said politely to the girl. She was unsure if the girl was asking her if she needed help, but Diantha assumed she was talking to Kouken. Diantha went back to her workspace and worked on writing down names of suppliers for beads she liked and would prefer to use.

When she finished that, she put the paper aside to give to Kouken or Nestuai later. She opened a drawer of her workstation and pulled out an unfinished dress. It wasn't for a customer, it was for herself. She had been working on it for a few years and it was slow going, working on it only when she had spare time. She designed it to have intricate beaded patterns and was close to being about half way done with it. She went to work on continuing, not liking being idol. She would stop when a new project.

Aoi Kazuya

Old 09-22-2010, 11:56 PM

((crud...danggit, sorry i screwed up, I deleted my post by accident...>.> stupid stupid *smacks head on wall* I'm retyping it now >.>))

EDIT::

Kouken tapped his chin thoughtfully at Gemini's question, pausing to smile brightly at Diantha who had just said that she'd forgive his slight, before going back to thinking. "As of right now...I think most of us are done with our work for the next week unless something came up that Ai never mentioned..." He then gestured to the seat he had abandoned but a moment before, "Why don't you take a seat to wait? I'll have to go ask my brother before I give you anything to do." With that said he turned around and left the room, ambling down the hallway.

Netsuai opened his eyes a few minutes later. The only way he knew it had only been a few minutes was because the minute hand on the clock perched on his wall had only moved a few spaces over, seeing as he had managed to catch a glimpse of the clock before he had fallen asleep. He breathed softly, noticing a weight on his chest. He moved his gaze from the clock to the dark head on his chest. Akiye's dark hair was splayed across his chest, blending in somewhat with his black sweater. So she had fallen asleep as well. The echo of footsteps attracted his attention to the doorway and he turned his eyes to see his brother leaning against the doorframe.

"You feeling better Ai?" Kouken's voice was warm once again, soft, and filled with the feelings of worry he always had when it came to his more fragile brother. Ai moved his head slightly, "Better. I...apologize." Kouken raised a hand almost lazily and waved it, dismissing his brother's words. "Don't mind." Kouken's eyes then landed on Akiye's slumbering form and a soft smile appeared on his lips, "It was always her, wasn't it?" Without waiting for a reply, he turned abruptly and pulled Netsuai's room's door shut softly behind him as he padded back to the front room.

After his brother had left, Netsuai placed a hand carefully on Akiye's head before murmuring beneath his breath, "i wouldn't have it any other way..." He ran his fingers through her soft hair and was soon lost in thought, his fingers running through the silky strands in a rhythmic pattern, softly, carefully.

Back in the front room Kouken had returned to his own desk and was running his eyes over the many papers littered over it. "There's nothing for you to do today I'm afraid Gemini." He looked up briefly from his papers, "I don't see any purpose in keeping you here any longer. So i suppose you can go home and finish up your homework, or whatever else teens do these days." he said in a light-hearted tone, the warm look back in his eyes now that he'd understood her a little more. If you want to stay you are welcome to, though you might get bored. And if you decide to leave, I'll have to ask that you be a bit quieter than you had been when you arrived, my brother is sleeping and it would be best if he wasn't disturbed." Of course the last part was a small white lie, but there was no reason not to try and help Gemini not to piss off Netsuai just a little bit.

((yay~ this is actually longer than the original post XD))

Last edited by Aoi Kazuya; 09-23-2010 at 12:23 AM..

Hresvelgr

Old 09-23-2010, 01:23 AM

Riley overheard the conversation between Kouken and Thorn.. err Gemini. Or something like that. once the eldest brother left the room, Riley looked over at the newest attention to their small family. Though the thought crossed his mind, maybe she had some sort of personality disorder. It would make sense of things. Just minutes ago she was furious, and now she seemed shy. A very sudden change. Although that was not Riley's place to judge. Observation was a completely different factor though.

Once Kouken came back into the room, Riley spoke up just after he was finished speaking. "We could always have her file some of Akiye's paper work. It would show her what types of things we go threw here. Plus, from the way Akiye looked I doubt she is up to do it today. Girl looked like crap. Does that sound alright to you Jamie?" Riley suggested, already forgetting Gemini's name, and the nickname he had given her. Bringing both of his arms over his head to rest a bit. He suspected Akiye was getting sick again. Though the girl was always sick with something it seemed. Out of the corner of his eye he watched Diantha work on a dress. He had offered to finish it in the past. Though she did not take him up on that offer.

---------

Akiye was never a very heavy sleeper. It was a habit she grew out of after entering the hospital. Akiye was very afraid of needles. To the point of screaming, threats and tears. Even at such a old age. She had the worse feeling when she would walk out of a doctors office, red eyes, puffy cheeks to see children completely fine. Though once having to enter the hospital, they learned quickly to try and give her shots while she slept. Well, Akiye learned quickly and would wake up at the sound of footsteps. Which she does quite often. Especially after an incidence where on of her very fun neighbors actually broke into her apartment. Though he was drunk out of his every loving mind, and did not know. Still!

Akiye did wake up as Kouken entered the room. Though she did not move. Not having too much sense just yet. It was funny. Being found like that would normally embarrass any body. Though the four of them had plenty of sleep overs as kids. Though suddenly she kept still, feeling eyes on her, and words fill her ears. An ever so slight smile grew on the woman's face as the door shut and Ai whispered those sweet words. She allowed him to think she was still sleeping. After a few seconds, Akiye brought her arm up, wrapping it around his thin waist lightly. "neither would I.."

Gemini
(◎_◎;)

Old 09-23-2010, 04:19 AM

Gemini sighed,resigned to her fate.
"well,if i should be quiet,then i shouldn't leave quite yet-my motorcycle is pretty loud.besides,if i want to do a good job,i should stick around to see how things work.i don't have homework today.i always get it done first thing after i come home,so i can focus on whatever else needs to be done after that. she explained quietly. She didnt want to upset anyone else,but she needed to do a good job.
"i'll be as quiet as possible,though.i'm not usually a loud person.and...my aunt wont want me home so early... her eyes shifted downward,not wanting to discuss her only remaining family member.

Aoi Kazuya

Old 10-30-2010, 02:12 AM

((I"M SO SORRY T - T))

Netsuai gave a start when he felt Akiye wrap an arm around his waist but relaxed his tense muscles when he heard her words. Of course, how could it have slipped his mind? She had always been somewhat of a light sleeper, much like how he had always seemed to have had a touch of insomnia. He returned to running his fingers through her hair, "How long have you been awake...?" he wasn't worried about what she had heard, it was obvious that she had heard what he'd said at the end anyway.

As Netsuai waited for his friend's answer, he slowly sat up, moving both his arms to wrap around Akiye's waist to pull her up into his lap while simultaneously keeping her pressed to him, relishing the shared body warmth. He left his arms around her and rested his cheek on the top of her head.

Netsuai never understood it much. The attraction he felt for the woman in his arms. She just felt...right, he supposed, thinking those cliche words and mentally wincing at how silly they sounded. And yet...there was no other way to describe the way he felt around her. Of course, it helped that she, along with his brother and Riley, had been about the only stable things in his life. They were like the ropes that tied him down to life, made sure that he was paying attention to his health and such. He had a tendency to forget about things such as food when a new project presented itself...speaking of projects...his eyes lit up as he remembered something. Then he pouted slightly, deciding it was okay to act just a bit childish, he was much too comfortable to get up right now, maybe a few more minutes...it couldn't hurt after all.

"Ah yes...motorcycles..." Kouken chuckled at a memory, "Remind me to show you our garage one day when my brother starts to warm up to you." He pushed all his papers into a neat pile...or as neat as he could without actually picking the papers up (not very neat let me tell you) as he listened to Riley. Then he grinned good-naturedly at his long-time friend, "Not such a bad idea for once Riley." Kouken stepped around his desk and turned his grin to Gemini, "How does that sound to you Gemini?" As he waited for the girl's answer he glanced over his shoulder back to Riley who seemed to be looking at Diantha out of the corner of his eyes, "Just remember, it's on you if Ai gets mad." he said in a teasing tone.

Eiiri

Old 10-30-2010, 04:21 AM

Diantha was focused on her work, counting bead after bead, stitch after stitch. Some might call it tedious work, but she greatly enjoyed it. It was rather relaxing at times, just having to focus on the work in front of her. As she finished up the section that she had been working on, she held up the dress for inspection. It was coming along, albeit slowly. She had no real purpose for the dress, she just woke up one day and decided to design and make a dress. As she looked at it, she was making sure that she was following the pattern she had envisioned in her head, but had continuously neglected to write down. It didn't really matter to her since she was the only one working on the dress. When she did the beading for the shop, she did draw out the design so the others could see her plans. Then again, she was always revising most of what she worked on.

While she was inspecting the dress, she noticed that Kouken was back and talking to the others. Netsuai and Akiye were still upstairs. She didn;t find this unusual, it happened often. Kouken was giving the new girl, Gemini something to do, filing. That was good because then she wouldn't be asked to do it. She hated it and was bad at it at the same time. If she had her way with filing, it would to just throw everything into a cabinet and say 'good luck' to anyone who needed that file later on.

She also noticed Riley, who seemed to be looking at her work. "Are you watching me, Riley?" she asked him, not sure if she was just making that up. The thought of that made her slightly uncomfortable, she wasn't a fan of people looking at her. It made her feel like there was a spot on her clothes or her hair was a mess.

Hresvelgr

Old 11-01-2010, 11:45 PM

Riley had honestly zoned out for just a few mere seconds. As he normally did. He felt like he was forgetting something. He had locked the doors, gotten the coffees, finished his orders. What could it of been. He snapped back into reality when he heard Kouken had heard his suggestion. Riley was always a bright individual. Getting him to be interested in school, and pretty much everything else, was another subject. Girls for instance was another thing... Sure he liked boobs! but he also had a million other things to do and felt he just did not have the time to properly care for someone other than himself. Even himself was a stretch.

"Ai getting mad me little O' me? What else would be new!" Riley responded with a light hearten laugh. Of coarse Ai would never truly be mad at Riley. Normally he would be more mad at Kou for listening to Riley's stupid ideas! Not that even that would be the first time.

"Of coarse I am Dia. I still can not understand how you can sit there for hours. But its your thing I suppose. I can help you if you want."

---------

Akiye was about to answer the man when he adjusted her. Willingly she moved of coarse. Careful not to harm him. Even though Akiya really wouldn't. "I heard enough of it." She told him while moving. Her eyes were still closed. Even if Akiye wanted them to open, there may have been no way. At least not at this time. She may have been over tired, but she could not sleep while work was going on. anything could go wrong after all. A costumer walking in, Riley burning the place down. Kou was there of coase, but still.

Akiye moved herself just a bit up. Nuzzling herself just under his head. She was silent for a few mere minutes. Though her expression was completely relaxed. Even with the thought of work,it was now creeping towards the back of her mind. At this moment Netsuai was what mattered. As he always did whenever she would chase him upstairs.

"I love you Netsuai.."
Akiya whispered, just loud enough for him to hear. Her heart seemed to skip a beat. Realizing what she had just said to Ai. They had just come out, as simple as saying hello to a stranger. She sat up, sitting back very quickey. Just looking at his expression. Maybe it was too soon? Maybe she misunderstood what him and his brother were speaking of? He wasn't saying much back. "I'm.. Sorry" She said to him. Guilt covering her body. Even though there was no need for it to.

Eiiri

Old 11-02-2010, 04:37 AM

"Its pretty easy. I often lose track of time beading," she explained. It was hard for her to describe it.

Diantha considered Riley's offer, he had done so before and she had refused. She probably should have taken him up on the offer in terms of the design of the dress, but she had been stubborn that day, wanting to think that she could do the entire thing herself. Now the general design of the dress was becoming unclear to her. "Actually, yes could you help me?" she asked uncertainly. She might have been a little rude the last time he asked and she now was unsure about if his offer was real or simply polite.

She held up the dress for him to look at. It was the first time that she had shown someone else the dress and she was a little nervous about what he would say about it. Design other that the beading wasn't her thing, so the dress was plainer than he would have made.

Gemini
(◎_◎;)

Old 11-07-2010, 04:38 AM

((well there goes my chance at netsuai.lol,oh well.^-^ i'm just glad we're not dead.))
gemini nodded.
"Filing.I can do that,easy!" she said happily,but quietly.
"ok,so what do i do,exactly? do i sort by date,time,alphabetical order...color?" she asked,her slight OCD kicking in.she was good at filing,and sorting,and other such activities that most people found tedious.It kept her busy,and therefore happy...and it was something she couldn't screw up.