Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Send a message via Yahoo to Cardinal Biggles

Old 10-30-2015, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maha-Aamir View Post
yup, pistachios and almonds in the tea. its for winters, warms up the bones and also drives away headaches

---------- Post added 10-30-2015 at 12:25 PM ----------

umm... i am bad at describing tastes but i can say its delicious...
Oh and if anyone has nuts allergy or something, you can just take plain pink tea without the almonds and pistachios...
wait, nuts aside what's going on in there? Are their actual tea leaves involved or is it called tea because it's a warm drinkable concoction that isn't coffee?

Queen_Andais
I move the stars for no one.

Penpal

Old 10-30-2015, 07:46 AM

Why this unholy love of the pigeons...?

hanahaki disease
wistful

Old 10-30-2015, 07:47 AM

Wait... doesn't Islam consider pigeons sacred? They're very unhygienic and stupid though.

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 10-30-2015, 07:48 AM

I like pigeons okay. I sure wish they'd stop pooping on everything tho.

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Old 10-30-2015, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siren Sonder View Post
They're very unhygienic and stupid though.
GASP

Last edited by Cardinal Biggles; 10-30-2015 at 07:58 AM..

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 10-30-2015, 07:57 AM

Cardinal would it be the wrong time so say that I dropped a pigeon egg over the side of our third story balcony once. Made a pretty splat.

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Old 10-30-2015, 07:58 AM

When was this?

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 10-30-2015, 07:59 AM

:c But why would you do such a thing?

hanahaki disease
wistful

Old 10-30-2015, 08:01 AM

I wouldn't say so without good reason: if they didn't make nests in my balcony and poop in them very nests where the eggs and chicks are.

And the only other places they're inclined to poop are my mosquito nets and bedsheets. MINE alone out of my whole family. I swear they can tell my smell and are targeting me otherwise I wouldn't mind them, I'm one to live and let live.

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 10-30-2015, 08:02 AM

This was a few years ago when those mangy winged rats built a second nest on our balcony after it had been cleaned from the last nest they had built and laid three eggs that hatched and those disgusting offspring lived their early days on the balcony making it unfit for human contact for over 4 months. We got the balcony cleaned up somewhat, and suddenly there was a momma bird building a nest and laying her eggs. My husband dropped two, I just dropped one. They weren't very far along, just barely laid. Wouldn't you know it, they don't mess with our balcony much anymore.

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Old 10-30-2015, 08:05 AM

Well, from a hygiene point of view, they and their droppings aren't that dangerous to human health. Some people who keep them have issues, but that's because they don't properly upkeep their coops. If waste builds up it can dry and flake, and that can be breathed in.

O_o such vitriol

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 10-30-2015, 08:07 AM

When it's a balcony on the third floor, it's not exactly a coop and it's unlimited access to ALL the pigeons in the area so there is crap every where. I should take pictures with my cell phone of the surrounding balconies because they have pretty destroyed them, making it impossible for people use them or even want to use them. We just had our buildings painted and their shit is now every where making the paint job look terrible. Given half a chance I shot a sling shot at them.

Part of our pigeon issue is that the population is no longer controlled by the feral cats that roamed the complex. Most of them were captured and taken to no kill shelters. So now they can multiply unencumbered.

I don't go out of my way to be mean to them anymore, but it would be nice if they complex offered to give us nets or screens to prevent them from getting on our balconies and ruining anything and everything that is on them.

Last edited by Queen_Andais; 10-30-2015 at 08:13 AM..

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Old 10-30-2015, 08:13 AM

What most people don't know is the birds we have in our cities are actually a domesticated variety that was let loose. We're completely responsible.
That scenario sounds messy but not dangerous.

hanahaki disease
wistful

Old 10-30-2015, 08:14 AM

Even if their guano's not harmful, I don't want it on my bed they're such pidgiots.

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Old 10-30-2015, 08:16 AM

Siren: I can understand that They're social birds, they are comfortable around people, so it's kind of inevitable in some situations.

Queen: There's a really diverse field when it comes to preventive measures like that. It's kind of interesting, the politics that b lay out between businesses with different business models. In Germany, what they found was really effective in keeping things in control? Creating cooping spaces on top of public buildings. If they have the right enviroment, they don't go heater skelter all over the place. Also *Velma voice* you stop that.

Last edited by Cardinal Biggles; 10-30-2015 at 08:48 AM..

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 10-30-2015, 08:19 AM

I mean. I guess I can understand wanting them out of the way if they're crapping in your bed, but if they're just roosting in your roof or something, I don't get what's the big deal. I don't mind as long as all the poop is outside!

hanahaki disease
wistful

Old 10-30-2015, 08:27 AM

Me too Dystopia. But they're really stupid in that they make their nests near the pipes. The chicks keep teetering on the edge of falling five floors. Can they seriously not find a better place in an apartment complex full of ledges and crannies? And there are SO many places to poop but they've pooped on my stuff dozens of times but not once on anyone else's stuff from the people I know

Once. I was walking to school... and they nearly pooped on my HEAD. It wouldn't be quite so bad if I was bald but I have hair. It splattered my shoe.

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 10-30-2015, 08:31 AM

x___x; Ahaha... They can be pests sometimes. But most of the time they just kinda derp and I like them.

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Old 10-30-2015, 08:31 AM

Oh no! Poor babies. Overall pigeons have an average intelligence, but there's a mix of stubbornness and distractibility that makes them poor learners.

hanahaki disease
wistful

Old 10-30-2015, 08:33 AM

Yeah. And also the fact that they're REALLY mean to any pigeons that are hurt or sick. They keep trying to peck them to death. And sometimes it's just a chick.

It's like they have Hitler ideology.

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 10-30-2015, 08:35 AM

A lot of animals have that kind of mindset tho. Survival of the fittest and all.

hanahaki disease
wistful

Old 10-30-2015, 08:37 AM

They don't wanna waste resources on the ones that are unfit huh? I always thought instead of killing them they can leave them to die by natural means. Since they're unfit they're bound to die by natural means right?

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Old 10-30-2015, 08:38 AM

Yeah, that happens with a lot of birds :( It's really disturbing. I always have this impulse to protect the weak. It's kinda what got me all Team Pigeon in the first place. People have it out for them when mostly they're just trying to live their little lives.

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 10-30-2015, 08:42 AM

Yeah. But while the weakling survives, its gonna be taking limited resources to stay alive, y'know?

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Old 10-30-2015, 08:46 AM

Well anything that survives is going to be taking up resources, weakling or not. I'd like to think the animals act on evidence of a real decline in the ill individual's health. That's what I'd like to think.