Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 01-19-2015, 11:36 PM

I don't know how many people actually listen to Indie artists.

I am a fan of Indie folk music, though.
I like Joanna Newsom, Mariee Sioux, Alela Diane and CocoRosie. :)
Anyone else listen to Indie artists?

LoonyLunetta
Ninja like a turtle~

Old 01-29-2015, 11:31 PM

I feel really dumb for asking this because i was a music geek in highschool and still love music now but....what exactly does indie mean...? I really honestly don't know. There is a very good possibility Thai I listen to some indie music.

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Send a message via AIM to ~LONGCAT~

Old 02-02-2015, 02:46 PM

I feel indie is a very broad music title that includes anything that isn't under a mainstream record label. They generally tend to be folky and soft rock, but I have heard some bands who play more dance-rock call themselves Indie as well.

Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 02-02-2015, 10:39 PM

Indie music is technically short for "independent music" meaning that it doesn't belong to a big label, but nowadays "indie" is an actual genre of music that doesn't really fit any mainstream category.

I feel indie has many subcategories that sort of define it a little better, like Indie Rock, Indie Folk, Indie Pop. It's usually not too well known, though some "indie" artists do have really big audiences due to their songs being featured on commercials and TV and movies.

Indie music could be similar to underground music in a sense.

The Wrong Way

Old 02-16-2015, 04:22 PM

I'm not sure if they're considered indie, but The Front Bottoms and The World is a Beautiful Place & I am no Longer Afraid to Die are two of my favorite bands. I think they fit into the category of indie rock, or something like that.