Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-14-2015, 03:24 AM

Hm, it's hiding somewhere. I found the page searching for 'menewsha' on deviantart though.

Pandora's Box
Everyone's Favorite Sociopath

Old 01-14-2015, 03:38 AM

I'll have to do some digging. Anyway, I posted! I never realized how much I can blab about myself. That's probably one of the longest first posts I've ever done.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-14-2015, 03:52 AM

lol. It's easy to self blab.

blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play t...

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 01-14-2015, 05:12 AM

Yay, it's started! I might not get a post in until tomorrow though, boo. D:

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 01-14-2015, 11:24 AM

Whoo a start!

I'll try and get something posted on my lunch break!

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-14-2015, 06:19 PM

I've got some reading to do so quick I see.

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 01-14-2015, 10:23 PM

I will read and get my post in tonight after work.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-14-2015, 10:36 PM

That's good. I had to go grocery shopping so I haven't read the posts yet.

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 01-15-2015, 03:58 AM

Hahaha, you guys posts are great. Mine shall be interesting since I won't be thinking I'm in Menewsha at first, lol. XD

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-15-2015, 04:00 AM

yay and thanks. Shall keep us on our toes!

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 01-15-2015, 04:33 AM

That it shall, once I finish with going through job ads I'll work on my post.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-15-2015, 04:36 AM

bleeegh...job stuff.... *needs to do that too*

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 01-15-2015, 04:55 AM

Yeah need to find a new job before I quit one of my current ones. Fun, fun...though I have seen a few prospective places to apply. The one might actually be what I'm looking for.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-15-2015, 04:57 AM

I'm more or less just looking for the kind of job that pays. That's my criteria.

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 01-15-2015, 05:01 AM

I'm with you there. A job that pays is the main thing, but I'd like to get out of retail if possible, lol.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-15-2015, 05:08 AM

Retail is what I was aiming for since it's better than other entry level jobs. I have a useless degree I don't intend to do anything with. My options are limited.

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 01-15-2015, 05:15 AM

True, retail isn't the worst thing to get into. It's basically what all my job experience is in, but I'm wanting something else that deals with graphic design, advertising or something along those lines. Unfortunately I never finished getting my degree and my job experience is limited. Plus I'd like something different since I'm considering starting my own business and it'll be a thrift shop.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-15-2015, 05:20 AM

that sounds fun. My dad wants me to do something like graphic design because that's where the money's at, but I have zero experience in it. Why is it so hard to understand studio art and graphic design are different things and that I don't want to be an artist either way? I want to write novels and work a job not a career on the side. That's my life plan.

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 01-15-2015, 05:38 AM

Graphic design, digital photography and stuff like that are fun. I don't know why it's hard for people to understand the difference. Writing novels sounds fun. I wouldn't mind some kind of writing job either. At one time I thought about trying photojournalism. I totally understand you though.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-15-2015, 05:45 AM

What exactly is digital photograph? Just...not film?
Getting a degree in art made me realize I preferred my creative writing minor. I'm so lazy with my dream though. If there's any other kind of career I can suffer, it would be editing. Journalism would do in a pinch.

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 01-15-2015, 06:05 AM

Basically, you use digital cameras and do any editing that is needed on the computer using programs like Photoshop or Lightroom. I've only used Photoshop so I'd have to see what Lightroom is like.
Actually I should get back into learning 3D modeling, lol.
I can see that. The time I did spend at college I did realize that what I was doing isn't what I wanted. I mean Graphic Design would work in a pinch, but I still wanted to try doing the Game Art and Design stuff. Photography would work as well. I think I may have felt different if I had had a different professor for most of my digital art classes and he wasn't so freaking bais.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-15-2015, 06:10 AM

ah, I figured as much. 3-d modeling sounds neat!
Having the right teachers is great. I did like my creative writing classes better and the teachers and my peers. But my art classes were good and I don't feel there was anything wrong really. Maybe it was my bias that made them funner, but they were fun classes.

zyne
they/them

Old 01-15-2015, 06:14 AM

posted @__@ sorry if the reply is late/sounds awkward, school's been eating my life away lately haha

art fields look really cool (although i don't really have much to contribute on the subject, having never taken any college art/writing/etc. classes as of yet)

3d modeling seems hard - i think ive tried working with a few programs but i have no sense of dimensions

(anyway mostly dropping in to say hey)

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-15-2015, 06:16 AM

lol, hey zyne. I love in your post when you asked if we are real. XD
Do you want to take such college classes?

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 01-15-2015, 06:30 AM

Finally posted, woot. Though I think I could have added more details in, but I was afraid of making it too long, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat Dakuu View Post
ah, I figured as much. 3-d modeling sounds neat!
Having the right teachers is great. I did like my creative writing classes better and the teachers and my peers. But my art classes were good and I don't feel there was anything wrong really. Maybe it was my bias that made them funner, but they were fun classes.
It is fun if you get the hang of it. The skinning is the hardest part I think.

Yeah having the right teachers is great. I liked most of my other art teachers and some of the general education teachers as well. The one had I had for public speaking was pretty cool. It all really depends I guess. My main professor was really into digital photography because that is what he did and he wasn't that familiar with graphic design and stuff like that. Plus he hated anime style art or anything similar to it. And basically if he didn't like your art style he gave you a hard time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zyne View Post
posted @__@ sorry if the reply is late/sounds awkward, school's been eating my life away lately haha

art fields look really cool (although i don't really have much to contribute on the subject, having never taken any college art/writing/etc. classes as of yet)

3d modeling seems hard - i think ive tried working with a few programs but i have no sense of dimensions

(anyway mostly dropping in to say hey)
Hey zyne.

As for 3D modeling a great program that is free and easy to start learning with is called Milkshape.