Wendy Darling
Second Star to the Right

Old 04-21-2007, 07:45 PM

To start, I absolutely love urban themes -- night-time, the city life, grunge/ghetto/graffiti type lifestyles that a lot of teens live behind their parents' backs. I have a character that I use for those purposes on other sites, and I was hoping I could find something similar here, or start one, at least.

Is anyone up for this type of setting, or does it interest anyone? Just reply here if you have any questions or comments. :3 Thanks! ;D

Hatch
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-25-2007, 02:30 PM

OO!!! OOO!!!! MEME!!! I'm interested!!!!! ^_^ I haven't really RP'd any like that but I'm willing to ^_^ Just let me know when you plan to start it and I'll be there!!!

L L A M A N O ! S E
Old Time-y Roleplayer
Send a message via AIM to L L A M A N O ! S E Send a message via Yahoo to L L A M A N O ! S E

Old 04-27-2007, 02:56 AM

It sounds really interesting, to say the least. It'll also be a nice break from the endless fantasy or imaginary-type threads that we drown in here on Menewsha.

Not that I'm complaining, seeing as how I'm a part of a significant number of them! xD;;

But it definitely sounds like an interesting, unique idea, something I would easily consider joining. :3

Yoshaki
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via AIM to Yoshaki Send a message via MSN to Yoshaki Send a message via Yahoo to Yoshaki

Old 04-27-2007, 03:12 AM

Hmm this sounds cool enough in my mind. I just wonder exactly which facet we will have to cover. Cause there are so many groups that fill the nightlife. But then you never said we just had to have one. Just name your side and I'll be there.

moopoo
n/a

Old 05-08-2007, 03:32 PM

Im all for it just let me know and ill be their.

Lennifer
*^_^*

Old 05-08-2007, 03:38 PM

• Oooo! I love roleplays like that as well :] A lot of my characters have that sort of lifestyle XD I'm interested :]

Madeline Sparrow
*^_^*
Send a message via MSN to Madeline Sparrow

Old 05-09-2007, 07:45 AM

I'd love to come and play with you all if you'll have me. It sounds like it could be interesting. :)

Wendy Darling
Second Star to the Right

Old 05-10-2007, 11:42 PM

Yay, awesome -- I FINALLY got some replies. XD

At any rate, I was gonna have a few races that went along with it. First off, humans. They're a given, and naturally, like in the real world, they occupy the cities. Might have a vampire race since vampires DO come out at night, yanno. For the nightlife feel and all. Urban vampires, omg~ :o

We could have more as people bring them up. I'm still thinking on how I should start it.

Anyone have any ideas? Town name? Also, country it's in? If US, the state? Climate? :o

Needs some more thought, but feel free to post your ideas. Still recruiting!

Jelly-Kitty
n/a
Send a message via AIM to Jelly-Kitty

Old 05-13-2007, 04:29 AM

I'm really interested. I have a couple characters in mind that suit this kind of RP. (one of which is a vampire :3 ) I also enjoy the kind of urban nightlife feeling. I dont know how well i can portray it, since i live a pretty sheltered life in actuallity. I'm not saying that I'm ignorant or anything, but that I dont really know amounts and costs of weed or something like that realistically. x.x Or how to make 'ghetto talk' sound smooth and not lame. But please bear with me.

I'll come back soon with more Ideas of my own, okay?

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 05-13-2007, 07:16 AM

Ahh, the urban jungle at night... are we talking large city like New York or Miami? Are we talking hip clubs and parties until 3am and dancing and drinking and so forth? I love to go to bars and sometimes clubbing. It's really weird walking in a large city alone or with a friend at some random hour of the morning. Some freaky people out at that time.

I am looking forward to seeing what ideas everyone has. I will probably RP with Maddie since she is my mule but I haven't decided yet. Or, if necessary I can RP with both if we need more characters.

Yoshaki
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via AIM to Yoshaki Send a message via MSN to Yoshaki Send a message via Yahoo to Yoshaki

Old 05-13-2007, 03:16 PM

Hmm I actually really like Miami. With all those Latin countries nearby and the Coast Guard so bad at their job it is far easier to score drugs around there. And I think that would be nice for the storyline. I can't tell you how many times I have heard friends complain about a lack of *insert drug here* when a big ring coming from Bolivia or Canada gets caught.

I think the whole thing is all about the people who walk. Night or day if said so. If we are gonna deal with Vampires I figure a lot of this will be club life, that locked away from the open world, "I'm gonna live till I die." mentality. Seems a bit vague to start with, but character backgrounds will probably progress the story-lines as we all lose ourselves in the odd wonder of the city, and find something bigger under the ultraviolet dreams and the tequila sunrises!

But I'm rambling now.

Umm Cali would be nice. Warm, fun, and a bit odd in all its fashions spreading from north (rich) to south(poor) and how street culture evolves between them.

New York is a bit more hectic, I generally love people who try to hit it big over there, musicians and the sort. They crowd clubs hoping for a decent clap. On another hand it is prevalent in its drug violence...though it is going down a bit...it feels like Cali with its great separations, but the oddity is how close they are...it kinda makes you colder.

Miai I already got my name on. Warm climate, great clubs, quick drugs, and an odd look through the world at large. Miami is usually a place people go to escape from the rest of the worlds issues. Sure it is still prevalent in murderers, crime vandals, drug dealers, prostitution. It all works there. It is an odd city...

Umm but yeah that's all I got for now.

Wendy Darling
Second Star to the Right

Old 06-03-2007, 01:28 AM

Apologies for not returning to this earlier -- I've just finished school, so I should be about a lot more often.

You all bring up interesting points. Miami sounds fantastic, to be honest. To add to the whole vampire thing -- werewolves come about every full moon. It would be interesting to have all these different races and such interplayed throughout the city. They'd not be known as what they really are though. Wouldn't want a panic breaking out. >3

The ideas are slowly coming along -- I do need more that you all can feel free to contribute and ones that I'll whip up myself, but in the meantime, keep bringing stuff to the table. :D

Also, I need to know who all is totally set and interested, meaning, I should contact you ASAP when I get everything set in stone and create a thread.

WitheredInnocence
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to WitheredInnocence Send a message via MSN to WitheredInnocence Send a message via Yahoo to WitheredInnocence

Old 06-03-2007, 02:01 AM

If this is going to be at the very least a literate rp, I'm all for it. If not, don't bother contacting me.

Wendy Darling
Second Star to the Right

Old 06-03-2007, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WitheredInnocence
If this is going to be at the very least a literate rp, I'm all for it. If not, don't bother contacting me.

Literate is an understatement. Frankly, I'm a Nazi when it comes to literacy. (But I don't bite, so don't worry.) ;D I'll contact you then, once we have more things set up.