Donut
Looking for a place to call home
Send a message via AIM to Donut Send a message via Yahoo to Donut

Old 06-18-2007, 05:08 AM

i know from the past, that i have had some stupid ideas on rp's, but would anyone like to try out a kinda romance reality rp?

the setting would be in a big town, and the town is separated by 2 groups, and one from each group starts to like each other,...something to the lines of that...

would anyone like to join?, or should i like not even start it?

whats your thoughts?

kin no megami
(^._.^)ノ
Banned

Old 06-18-2007, 05:14 AM

Sounds like west side story

Sinspiration
Demon Overlord
Send a message via AIM to Sinspiration Send a message via MSN to Sinspiration Send a message via Yahoo to Sinspiration

Old 06-18-2007, 05:14 AM

Okay, I dont wana sound like an ass or a grammar nazi or anything bad, but perhaps you should take time to develop your writing a little, expand on your idea because im sure you've got some pretty cool things brewing and then present us with an extended carefully written idea. Most of all I just wanna wish you good luck on it, no matter how you go about things, and if you ever need help developing ideas you can call on me because I'm sort of an input<output machine if you wanna look at it that way xD Take care and take it easy anyway. *thumbs up*

Donut

Old 06-18-2007, 05:17 AM

i might not even start it i was juts seeing if anyone was willing to join if i did, or help me out a bit

Rusalka
(。☉౪ ⊙&...
Send a message via MSN to Rusalka

Old 06-18-2007, 03:59 PM

I might be interested in it.. I have a character of mine in mind to play already though.. it is a male character. :P

kiarakiara
ʘ‿ʘ
Banned

Old 06-18-2007, 05:57 PM

I might be intrested as well if you were willing to learn a few grammer/spelling lessions. I could help you out just Pm me little birdling.

(:

Poi
The Poison Girl
Send a message via MSN to Poi

Old 06-18-2007, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiarakiara
I might be intrested as well if you were willing to learn a few grammer/spelling lessions. I could help you out just Pm me little birdling.

(:
Er... you kinda need some too, "little birdling". O.o;

"Interested" "Grammar" "Lessons"

PM should be all capitals.

"willing to learn a few grammar/spelling lessons" should be "willing to learn a few grammar and spelling techniques" or something along those lines.

There should be a comma after "out" in the last sentence.

Yes, I'm being a grammar and spelling Nazi but only because you shouldn't speak until you can back yourself up. :\ It kinda seems like you're trying to take advantage of this guy for his mistakes..

Donut

Old 06-20-2007, 02:35 PM

thanks you Poi.

and i am still thinking up more of the plot, and all i have to say, is if you don't like my grammar, then you don't have to join. humans are not perfect, so what?

and just to throw it out there, i cant spell good either, and those of you that have RPed with me know that....well i am still thinking weather or not to post this, so give me a bit more time, and i still might

Sinspiration
Demon Overlord
Send a message via AIM to Sinspiration Send a message via MSN to Sinspiration Send a message via Yahoo to Sinspiration

Old 06-20-2007, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut
and all i have to say, is if you don't like my grammar, then you don't have to join. humans are not perfect, so what?
My advice,
Advice 1: Grammar lessons (best learned from REAL English teachers and/or Word Processing teachers), they're helpful and make you look neater.
Advice 2: Do not take lessons from Kiarakiara. She can't even spell Literate correctly and has no right to offer lessons she can not teach.

Footnote: You're not being forced to learn grammar, but it'd make the RP of some-one who's putting in all their effort and imagination look much more attractive as opposed to one where there the sentences either do not make sense or the grammar just is poor along with spelling (Spell Checkers can usually catch on the more common mistakes)

Also, proof reading for mistakes before posting and/or asking some-one to read through what you write may help spot errors you may have missed in the initial write-up.

And how do I know all this?

Yes, I typo a lot but I usually go back to correct my mistakes if I spot them. I learned word processing and passed with a Distinction (Highest level) and even though my final English grade was a D when I left school, English is a natural talent for me that cannot be bound by some stupid grade in an overly extended and, quite frankly, boring test that did not appeal to my abilities as a writer.

Good luck on improving, and do not ever let people push you into things you're not entirely comfortable with. And never fall for illiterate, delusional junkies like Kiarakiara.

Rusalka
(。☉౪ ⊙&...
Send a message via MSN to Rusalka

Old 06-20-2007, 09:07 PM

Everyone stop nitpicking... My number one pet peeve is bad grammar and spelling but the best way for them to learn is just go at it at their own pace and not because everyone is harassing him about it! If you don't like his mistakes then don't roleplay with him.

He's already said humans aren't perfect so stop nitpicking the small details. The roleplay idea is good, that's why people join roleplays anyways not the way they articulate themselves. Those who can't stand it stay away.

Hatch
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-21-2007, 02:54 PM

Amen!! By the By Donut, if you'r not making this a Private one, I think it'd be fun to try ^^

Donut

Old 06-22-2007, 02:07 AM

thanks you Kale, and Hatch
and yes if you want to, you can post character bios. and i hope to get more of a plot up by sometime tomorrow....hope that whoever doesnt care much on spelling and grammer, would join to test this one out with me...thanks

L L A M A N O ! S E
Old Time-y Roleplayer
Send a message via AIM to L L A M A N O ! S E Send a message via Yahoo to L L A M A N O ! S E

Old 06-22-2007, 06:38 AM

Donut, I agree with Sin.

Sure, this isn't school or a job interview, so having top-notch grammar and spelling isn't a major priority, but still. Is there really anything wrong with putting enough effort into your posts to check it over? The newer versions of Firefox come with a spellchecker, and I simply adore it. Even being a grammar Nazi like I am, it helps me to catch mistakes that I never would've noticed.

And Kiarakiara is a major hypocrite. Despite the fact that she's in my RP, which is literate, she is still far from it. As Sin said, she can't even spell 'literate' right! But I take pity on people and she offered me a sob-story. I can't be mean to people with a sob story. xD Also, I like the idea of maybe teaching her a little, but I don't like to be a nag.

Your concept is an interesting one, and, if you tried to put a little more effort into your posts with improved grammar or spelling, I'd be more than willing to try it out with you. It sounds insanely cute, to be honest. If you're willing to at least use Microsoft Word to type up your posts first [you can use the spell/grammar checker there] and then putting them here, I'd be willing to try it with you, regardless of your post sizes. Let me know, hm?

Donut

Old 07-13-2007, 03:48 AM

ok, have have gotten the time to post this, so if anyone wants to join Please pm me your bio for it...thanks