The Auctioneer
Better than Santa!
NPC

Old 05-28-2012, 01:52 AM

If you check the link in my signature, you'll see that I'm having a bit of a sale. I'm not the only one selling Valentines Day 2007 rares, though! So if you've been looking high and low for them, get to the Marketplace!

And now for the question:

As you've likely noticed, it has been some months since the last time I've auctioned rare items off. I could probably talk to sources and get special knock-off versions of some of the items from the previous months - but do you think I ought to?

Please post your thoughts on retroactive rares! And thank you in advance for the market research!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Auctioneer View Post
There seems to be some confusion over my post, so I will clarify and hope that helps refine the answers.

By "knock-off" I do mean "single-poses from previous CIs recolored" as I have done with other items.

All of my other items are purchased from my dealers (what you would refer to as "from banned accounts"). I am not talking about finding a "fresh supply" of old rare items.

Last edited by The Auctioneer; 05-29-2012 at 01:58 AM..

momochan
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to momochan

Old 05-28-2012, 02:18 AM

You should! I think it'd be pretty cool to have some!

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 05-28-2012, 03:11 AM

I....personally like the items. I know it's just another rare to eventually collect - but hey - I like new items to go after XD

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 05-28-2012, 03:16 AM

Knock-off items? What are we talking about here?

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 05-28-2012, 03:19 AM

That's what I want to know Clair. I'm think maybe he meant re colors like some of the other auctioneer items have been. I'm not a big fan of most of the auctioneer items. Being a collector I'd go for them anyway but that's kinda besides the point.

What I'd really like is for you to talk with Channah and see if you could get some more of her items out there. Or the new cloud hibiscus's.

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 05-28-2012, 03:22 AM

If it's recoloring then I would love the have the giant '07 Fan and the Love Sash/Boa in all shades of blue, pwease. :drool:

Popcorn Gun
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Penpal

Old 05-28-2012, 03:28 AM

I'm thinking this means they're considering simply creating more of the already released rares for circulation via the auctioneer. Thus there would be MORE pure love boas, or whatever item they plan on releasing. So same pixels, created at a different time.

Mystic
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 05-28-2012, 03:29 AM

As long as there's no making new items to sell then I see no problem with it. If new items are being made just to sell then no, I do not agree with selling them.

Vickyll3
Multi Media
Penpal

Old 05-28-2012, 03:30 AM

Yea I want to know what knock off is Like recoloring?

But anyways I'm up for new items
Means so excitement to menewsha

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 05-28-2012, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popcorn Gun View Post
I'm thinking this means they're considering simply creating more of the already released rares for circulation via the auctioneer. Thus there would be MORE pure love boas, or whatever item they plan on releasing. So same pixels, created at a different time.
This would be wonderful! :drool:

Kiako
We are heroes; heroes of the nig...

Old 05-28-2012, 03:32 AM

I wouldn't mind if the Knock-Offs were re-colourings, like what Vickyll3 said. But if they are something completely different... I dunno. I guess I would have to see them to give you an honest opinion. Too many variables at the moment xD

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 05-28-2012, 03:32 AM

his post said from the previous months so I'm guessing it'll be special recolors of recently released Cis just like this other ones he's had have been. So maybe like...plum colored hair from hawtsome, a blue spear from the siriusly spear, or a brown alpaca?

Kiako
We are heroes; heroes of the nig...

Old 05-28-2012, 03:34 AM

I have missed SO many CIs since I left. That makes me sad and makes my efforts of getting them all seem for not now xD

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 05-28-2012, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
As long as there's no making new items to sell then I see no problem with it. If new items are being made just to sell then no, I do not agree with selling them.
Mystic:
Could you elaborate more on this, please? :B

I am a tad confused by it because the purpose of the Auctioneer is to sell/auction items.

Mystic
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 05-28-2012, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa View Post
Mystic:
Could you elaborate more on this, please? :B

I am a tad confused by it because the purpose of the Auctioneer is to sell/auction items.
Sorry, that was worded badly. I blame it on lack of sleep and being in front of the computer too long. XD

I meant that if there's too many items that are made to sell as auction items then it'll flood the market. If the items are taken from banned accounts like before then I wouldn't have a problem with it. Although those items are limited enough where a few extras wouldn't hurt much. Hopefully that makes more sense. ^^;

M i n u x e
Jiggly Jell-o

Old 05-28-2012, 03:52 AM

I think it is a good idea to release special versions of the recent CIs. Depending on how they look I could see many people being interested in them. I have some gold saved up so I would be willing to spend it on new CI recolors that I like.

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 05-28-2012, 03:55 AM

@Mystic: No worries. Just want to make sure we fully understand people's opinions. :yes:
Thanks for elaborating. :D

Connielass
Queen of Nutcases

Old 05-28-2012, 04:09 AM

There are SOME items that I think could stand a re-coloring. The only reason I didn't want some of the CIs is because I just didn't want the particular colors they came in.

Siri
\(@O@)ʌ...
Send a message via AIM to Siri

Old 05-28-2012, 04:37 AM

What do you mean by knock-off?

Jezriel
(^._.^)ノ
Penpal

Old 05-28-2012, 05:35 AM

Re-releases of old items is always a touchy subject. Recolors, however, are a different thing entirely and worth wanting as an item by itself - or INSTEAD of the 'original'. Not all of the original rare items have color schemes that I really use, but I like the items and want them anyway. If anything got re-done in Teal/Atlantis colors, for instance, I'd have to be all over that like white on rice.

My vote? Dooo eeeet. :D

dessertdesiert
ヽ(´▽`;...
Penpal

Old 05-28-2012, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
Sorry, that was worded badly. I blame it on lack of sleep and being in front of the computer too long. XD

I meant that if there's too many items that are made to sell as auction items then it'll flood the market. If the items are taken from banned accounts like before then I wouldn't have a problem with it. Although those items are limited enough where a few extras wouldn't hurt much. Hopefully that makes more sense. ^^;
I would have to totally agree with you on this one. There are far too many items that are so rare that it wouldn't be bad if a few were released or taken from banned accounts >.>'

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow

Old 05-28-2012, 12:11 PM

I'd say yes..though it'd be cool to see old Items recolored to bu tif its just hte recently released that'd STILL be awesome..

Vickyll3
Multi Media
Penpal

Old 05-28-2012, 01:34 PM

Oh if that's what it is Maria, then that would be cool

fireprincess
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Mak...

Penpal

Old 05-28-2012, 01:40 PM

Oh you definitely should!!! :eager:
I'd love to see more items from George the Alpaca, At the bottom of the garden, and definitely more wigs from the Hawtsome!!! I LOVE those wigs so more colors would be great!

HIM_ROCK
NPC

Penpal

Old 05-28-2012, 03:47 PM

HIM says doo eeeett