Arc Angel
Sure, I'll play with you-- in ex...

Old 09-03-2014, 03:37 AM

Amory's tears ceased for a moment as he heard Sam's reasoning, but instead of finding the logic in it, his eyebrows knit together. Teal eyes searching the other man's face, he felt the lump growing in his throat. Speaking would prove difficult when he had already had such a hard time slowing his tears. Yet, this was important to ask. "How... How did you know that my old Don wished me dead?" He managed, confused and in disbelief at this situation. His safe haven had shattered. "No, no, it wasn't for you. I know it was for me. They wouldn't know of you... That's why you have to leave! Before they see you, they can't hurt you." Tears came fresh now, sobs quietly shaking his body as he lost all sense of his composure. Amory was broken.

Yet, the embrace and kiss along his neck did work to at least slow his tears and even his breathing. Closing his eyes for a moment, Amory turned to face Sam, burying his face in the other's shoulder. "Even if I believe that... and I do... I'd hate myself if anyone hurt you. I can't get you involved in my past." He spoke more clearly now, though his voice was softer and his features remained somber. "I don't know what to do." He then admitted, feeling quite lost in this complicated, threatening world. Why had he gotten involved with crime bosses to begin with? He had known the risks. The younger Amory just hadn't cared.

In the back of his mind, he remembered the first time he saw Don Giueseppe. At the time, he'd appeared years younger, talked smoother, and knew how to make a man melt. Amory was drawn in from the first time they spoke. He signed his contract not but a week later, after talking through the financial help that Amory would need to make himself a decent living while working. The don had been a sweet, understanding man back then. So much had changed over time.

Amory's tears dried after not much time had passed, at which time he allowed himself to look up at Sam. One of his hands rose to gently caress the other's chin, admiring him quietly as calm slowly washed over him once more. Being in his arms was enough to do this on its own.

Lunna Dea
Lady of Niflheim, Mistress of Sh...
Send a message via Yahoo to Lunna Dea

Old 09-03-2014, 04:31 AM

“any one with a good pair of ears has heard the rumors about how your don’s swore you would never sing in this town again if you left him.” Reaching out Sam brushed a tear away from Amory’s cheek. “ I heard the story of him yelling at you as you left his club on your last night not to long ago. He was boiling mad. I was surprised to hear that Don Carpi had you headlining yesterday and nothing had happened.” Smiling he wrapped him up tight. “in fact it was the stories of how well you song and how kind you were to the stage hands that had me hat in hand at the back door today. I thought that if they had you then they might need a new hand to help, never thought to walk in the middle of that fight with your wardrobe mistress and the stage manager.” He sighed enjoying the feel of holding Amory even if he was still scared.

As Amory became calmer Sam sighed and kissed his shoulders. “my golden bird, I have weathered worse than the anger of a bunch of thugs.” Unwrapping his left arm he pointed to a nasty looking scar near his armpit. “I took a bit of shrapnel in one of the attacks in New York between the Don’s. they thought I would lose my arm but not only did I not lose it I have full use of it to.” To prove it he ran his hand acrossed Amory chest and down to the top of his pants. There he let it rest his finger slowly tracing circles on his side. “I heal faster then you would believe.”

As Amory looked up at him he smiled. “there you are lovely bird.” Leaning into Amory’s hand he kissed his palm. Then he leaned in and kiss him on the lip again. It was not as deep as the last few ones but it was more sweet then the others were. “ don’t let them scare you, the only power they have is what you give them.”

Arc Angel

Old 09-03-2014, 07:08 PM

Amory nodded thoughtfully in acceptance of Sam's explanation of how he knew that sensitive information. He did see how that would lead the don to be suspect for that sort of behavior. It all made more than enough sense, though hearing that there were rumors of his exit of his last job didn't do much to calm him. Instead, sighing, he let out a weak laugh. "I guess that's how things work in the city." He commented, with a hint of dry amusement. What did uplift his broken spirits was what Sam said next, about why he applied for the position. Eyes looking up at the other in wide disbelief, Amory felt quite the surprise. He came to work... for me? Maybe that was assuming too much. Blushing lightly, Amory returned his smile with a small one of his own. "I'm glad you did end up coming to work with us. I do hope you end up liking it there." He spoke genuinely, gaze focusing in on him as his tears halted altogether.

Amory looked over the old wound he was shown with curiosity, lips parting at the explanation for the brutal scarring. Unsure of what to say, Amory's hand moved to gently rest atop it, his grin remaining. "I knew you were strong." He replied softly, then felt his eyebrows drawing close in confusion. "Why have you gotten into so much trouble? Have you worked for dons in the past?" He questioned, unsure of how someone would have ended up with so many scars without having done so. It seemed like Sam had been in quite a bit more trouble than having a rebellious youth would explain.

Amory smiled as Sam leaned towards his hand, a fluttery feeling in his stomach as his palm was kissed. He returned the kiss gently, taking the sweet gesture as the as much-needed comfort he sought. Then, looking up again at Sam, he thought over his words. "That may be true..." He began, realizing that he was only afraid because he allowed himself to be. Not worrying would not cease anyone else's violent actions, though. "I just hope it all stops. I may be working for a don, but I can't take the excess of violence." He admitted, perhaps a tad shyly. It was strange for someone in his situation, even as a songbird under a crime boss, to still be so sensitive to violence.

Lunna Dea

Old 09-03-2014, 08:14 PM

Sam was happy that Amory would accept what he said about how he found out about his Don hating him. It had been all over the clubs the night after the don had thrown out all of his stuff from the back stage area. There had been a bet on how long Amory would survive before the don had him killed. Now Sam would bet that the money had disappeared and no one was going to get their money back. He smiled as Amory laughed. He wondered how long it would take for him got get a full bodied laugh.

Reaching up he brushed Amory’s cheeks when he blushed. why is he so embarrassed that I wanted to work with him. After hearing his voice how could I not try to get close to him? “my song bird I already like working there with you. You got me the best seat in the house and I will do all I can to make you shine.” even if it means I am killing people to protect you.
As Amory looked over the wound Sam smiled and watched his face. He sighed as Amory touched his wound. “I lived in a tough neighborhood and I had a bad habit of putting myself in between people who are at odds with each other. Over the years I just have not fully leaned to stop putting my self between fighters.” Bowing his head he blushed. “in fact that is how I lost my last job, I knocked out my boss for picking on a younger employee.” It was the easiest why of explaining what really happened with the Don. Looking back up at Amory the hints of blush disappeared as quickly as they came. “I don’t work for the Don’s, they are only trouble. I only work for Don Carpi because I am working with you.”

Holding Amory close Sam smiled and kissed Amory’s forehead. His fingers slowly running along Amory’s shoulder blades. “you could always talk to Don Carpi about having a body guard, though I don’t think that it would be the best. With their love of guns and not really thinking about who gets caught in the cross fire.” Kissing along his shoulders again he sighed next to Amory’s ear. “But I will protect you the best I could. I will try to keep the violates away from you too.”

Arc Angel

Old 09-04-2014, 03:03 PM

Feeling the brush of his cheek, Amory looked up at Sam in curiosity, unsure of how he'd managed to draw him in. With ladies, it was a different story-- they always seemed to be around, always appeared with perhaps a bit more interest than Amory cared for. However, Sam was different. He cared about him, and he found some warm satisfaction in hearing the other call him his songbird. Amory fancied that he indeed was. "Thank you, Sam." He spoke gratefully, again looping his arms around the other and leaning in for a hug, breathing in his scent. He could certainly get used to having him around, if allowed to.

Amory looked over Sam's old wound in wonder, fingers gently tracing it before his gaze turned to fully focus on his face once more. His expression sombered a bit as he spoke of his old neighborhood and how he'd lost his last job. Frowning a little at first, he then noted the other's blush. It was enough to melt his insides. Grinning, he trailed on of his hands gently along the other's chin. "Hopefully no more trouble comes for you. I want you to be safe, too." He spoke evenly, with a firmer voice now that he'd recovered his strength. His words were serious, despite his grin. Amory may not be fully-loaded or insanely skilled in combat, but he had enough spirit to be willing to brave harm if it meant helping someone he cared for. "They... can spell trouble. That's for sure." He chuckled a little, acknowledging the danger in his work, then added, "They put me on my feet, though. Carpi is a good man despite some fall backs, and he's doing well by me to have hired me. He's not cruel to his men, as others may be."

Amory smiled wistfully at the gentle touches he received, from both Sam's fingers and lips. He still felt as if melted in the other's embrace, though the topic of discussion remained serious. "I don't think I'd ask for one of his lackeys... I trust that you will." He decided slowly, almost hesitant to belief that Sam could defend him. Amory didn't want to think of him being harmed again. Then, noting the time, Amory placed a gentle kiss on Sam's cheek before looking up at him with a small smile. He was sad to know he'd have to leave his embrace, but it was getting late. Or rather, early. Amory would have to go into work without sleep if they didn't get some rest soon. "Let's hit the hay for now, huh? It'd be a long day tomorrow with some rest." He asked, now feeling a bit more at ease, though he couldn't help but question still, "Assuming you're still alright with staying here..."

Lunna Dea

Old 09-04-2014, 06:02 PM

Sam smiled as Amory wrapped his arms around him. It had been to long for him to have a man hold him so. There had been a few ladies that had tried to get him home with them but not a one knew why he had left them at the door. Better to have left them at their door then to have strung them along and left them at the altar. His eyes danced in merriment at the thought of them at the altar, though he knew that the government would never allow them to merry. Maybe one day but that day was not going to be any time soon. Turning his head he kissed the skin in the crook of Amory’s elbow.

“I hope too that no trouble comes for ether of us. But if it dose we will stand together againted it.” He smiled as he gently brushed his finger tips along Amory’s lips. They were as soft as he thought they would be. Catching Amory’s hand he twined his fingers through the others. This was how he wanted them to be always though he knew that one day they too would be pulled apart. “then we will just have to keep our heads down when the trouble comes knocking and roll with the punches.” He nodded in agreement to what Amory said about his Don. This one was one of the better ones. From what he knew Carpi had never haired an outside man to kill any of his rivals he kept it all in house. Maybe he should talk to Carpi about what he had to offer him.

“I will be your knight in shining armor.” Taking Amory’s hand he kissed just the tips of his fingers. “but yes it is rather late and you do need your rest if you are to be singing tomorrow.” Scooping Amory up he carried him to the bedroom. “as long as you want me I will stay.” He looked over at the bed. “though we may want to look into getting a bit bigger bed in the near future.” He smiled and gently placed Amory on the bed before climbing in himself.

Arc Angel

Old 09-05-2014, 04:00 AM

Hearing Sam's words of encouragement breathed new life into Amory. Upon finding the knife earlier, he'd experienced a complete mental break, but here he stood completely recovered and more so. Looking up at Sam in adoration, Amory found that he had a difficult time tearing his gaze away from him. Why me? What have i done to deserve this man? Smiling, he simply nodded along in agreement with his words, feeling a reply unnecessary when they had both already spoke in length about their determination. It was just a matter of up-keeping it now that the violence seemed to be spreading.

No matter the danger awaiting the both of them - which he was unsure of existed, at this point - Amory again felt safe in Sam's arms. He wanted nothing more than to remain in them as long as possible. Though he found Sam's words about being his knight a tad silly, he still blushed lightly as he lifted his hand to kiss it. "I couldn't ask for anything more." He responded, a smile playing along his lips before they parted in surprise when he was scooped into Sam's arms. Then, laughing shortly, he found himself being carried over to his bedroom and right into bed. As he was laid down, Amory laughed a little again, smiling as he lay on his side to watch as Sam joined him.

"Be careful saying that." He spoke a tad playfully, on his comment about staying as long as he was wanted. Amory didn't seem to see an end to that anytime soon. "I'll have to keep that in mind. Bigger bed soon." He then noted thoughtfully, again smiling as he curled up beside Sam.

Lunna Dea

Old 09-05-2014, 04:47 AM

Smiling Sam touched his head to Amory’s his eyes became soft filled with love. “and all I ask of you is to let me take care of you and be my song bird. Let me make you into the best form to let your voice soar.” Running his hand through Amory’s hair he tried to force it back into form. “we will have to steam your hair tomorrow morning.” The laugh lightened his heart as he lifted Amory into his arms. It felt right to be carrying him this way.

As they curled up into the bed Sam sighed and wrapped his arm around Amory pulling him close. “I hope you love to cuddle, I have missed that.” Nuzzling in to the back of Amory’s neck he sighed and closed his eyes. There was little chance he was going to fall asleep any time soon but it still felt nice to be this close to him and just be laying together. His hands wrapped around Amory’s waist and settled. “sleep well my song bird. I hope you will always find me enjoyable.”

Arc Angel

Old 09-06-2014, 04:57 AM

The look in Sam's eyes made Amory's heart soar, but he didn't find the right words to reply to him right away. Instead, as they cuddled up beside each other, he felt himself slip into a quiet sense of ease. His body relaxed between him and the mattress, smiling and letting out a small laugh as he was pulled in closely. "Who has a problem with cuddling?" He questioned a tad playfully, smiling warmly as he felt Sam's face nuzzled into the back of his neck. This was bliss. "I love it." He then added to clarify, voice quiet and now calmed. The other man just had that effect on him-- he knew he could trust in him and find his sense of serenity.

"Goodnight my dear, Sam... May I always be your songbird." Amory spoke softly, voice full of sleep as his eyes drifted closed. He did end up falling asleep rather quickly, despite the action of the past few days. Something between the hit man he'd learn of and his don's death had exhausted him, and now he was all too happy to fade into sleep int he arms of someone he cared for. He slept peacefully and with little movement, only stirring once the proper time in the morning came around. At around 9am, Amory would wake slowly, opening his eyes to yawn and stretch before turning almost immediately to look for Sam. He still felt his heart flutter at the thought of the man, especially after last night.

Lunna Dea

Old 09-06-2014, 05:26 AM

Taking a deep lungful of Amory’s sent Sam smiled. “I don’t have a problem with cuddling and it seems you don’t ether. But there are some out there that do not enjoy it. They fear what will happen if some one comes.” He had never understood that when they were in a privet home but some people seemed to have that problem. He could smell the product he had used in Amory’s hair but there was also the flowery sent that he had fallowed the first night home. He was coming to find he really liked the smell of Amory. Kissing the back of his neck he sighed.

“good night Amory sleep well.” As he slowly fell asleep Sam sighed he would have to make a trip out of here tonight to find out if there was any other jobs before he put in his vacation papers. As his breath slowed to a relaxed state sam gently rubbed his back. “I will be back, don’t worry about me.” With that he carfully got up as not to wake Amory and left through the window.

The next morning Amory would wake to find that Sam was not in the bed with him. Nor when he when looking for him would he find in the house. There was not a single sign of him in the house.

Arc Angel

Old 09-06-2014, 05:35 AM

"Weirdos." Amory replied playfully, meaning the people that were afraid of cuddling. Who was afraid of spending time curled in a love one's arms? That just seemed silly to him. As he turned to face the direction Sam had been lying in, Amory frowned a little. "Sam?" He questioned, assuming he'd woken up already. He tried calling for him once louder, but to no avail. Frowning, he stood and scoured his apartment for any sign of him, but found nothing. Not a single sign of him lingered in his apartment. Thoughtful, Amory guess that he might've gone to work early, or out to try to find an apartment, but he still felt ill at ease. After falling asleep beside someone, he had assumed that meant he would wake up him.

That he was wrong to assume this troubled him. Still, he slowly got himself ready to work. Amory showered and styled his hair as close to Sam's way as he could, though it definitely hadn't worked as well without his help, then got dressed. Today, he picked black slacks and a white button-up with purple pinstripes running up along it. His jacket was a simple black, strewn over his briefcase as he picked it out and made himself a little breakfast. By ten, Amory will have finished readying himself and walked to work, peeking in through the back door as he arrived to be greeted by some stage hands. His focus was elsewhere, however. "Have you seen Sam?" He questioned, hesitantly. Amory was almost scared of the answer he may receive.

Lunna Dea

Old 09-06-2014, 06:22 AM

Waking up to the smell of sewage was not one of Sam’s favorite things to do. It was even worse when it tasted like he had swallowed some of the fowl liquid. Sitting up he looked around himself trying to get a bearing on where he was. The brick around him was long passed the brown of the slug that inched by under his nose. It looked like he had been tossed into a manhole up river from where he was now and he was only lucky he had washed ashore as one might call it. He could hear the roar of the slug as it fell into deeper depths not to far down the tunnel. Frowning he tried to remember what had happened when he had reported in with the Grims. He remembered climbing out of bed and traveling acrossed the city to where they were to meet for the night but after that his mind was a blank. The sound of a car horn not far off forced his mind to start working faster then the sludge around him was moving. If there were cars moving about on the street and there was light enough for him to be seeing by down here in this gloom that meant the night had passed and it was day. Pulling himself up the rest of the way out of the sludge he groaned as the ribs protested. He must have broke another one in the night. well Amory wont be asking why I don’t have that much pain with my ribs today. He chuckled, which was a bad idea, with that thought.

Pulling his body fully up on the side shelf of the tunnel he tried not to breath in that deeply. The smell which usually did not get to him was making his empty stomach wish to rebel. Well these have seen their last days on this earth. slowly and carefully he pulled the shirt off to find that he was missing two of his six knifes. He knew that he had left Amory apartment with all of them so what could have happened with the two. Shaking his head he carefully stripped down to his under pants and shirt avoiding getting any of the sludge on them. he might smell a bit like human waste but now he would not look like it too. It took him a bit longer to get back onto the street and headed in the right direction.

The walk to the club took him through many different areas of town and types of people. By the time he reached the back door he had fallen into a river and gotten mostly clean, gotten kicked to the curb by a man who thought he was a vagrant He will not be bugging any man ever again , gotten told off by a copper to find his way out of town, and given a charitable meal and suit of warn clothes. The church bells were chiming three when he slipped into Amory’s dressing room. Looking far more tired then missing one night should have looked.

Arc Angel

Old 09-06-2014, 06:42 AM

Upon hearing that Sam was not at the club yet this morning, Amory's spirit was shot down as he trudged into his dressing room quietly. Setting his briefcase down on the vanity before him, he turned to get a good look of the otherwise empty room, the touches that Sam had left behind here. In a way, it felt as if that was all he was now. What he had left of Sam this morning was but the details he had left in his dressing room, the memories, and nothing more. Saddened by his drastic thoughts, Amory tried to shake them throughout the day, but his mood did little to improve. Even as he got on stage to talk over the performance with the band, he wasn't exhibiting his typical warmth, enthusiasm. He wasn't quite himself today, though many would pass it off as him having a bad day.

Amory was sure not to allow his behavior to hint at anything beyond this, even taking care to wave at the girls lining the backstage area in a playful manner. This was the side of Amory that the people loved, so that's what he'd show those back stage today when possible. An act. It was only when he returned to his dressing room alone again that the weight of it truly sunk in on him. He had been threatened over his life. Don Giuseppe was killed. Sam was mugged. Sam promised to keep his safe. Where was he? His eyes water a little at the thought of something happened to him, but before he could cry, he summoned his strength not to. Sam couldn't be hurt, he must be doing something important. He wouldn't have just skipped town, either, not without telling him. Right? Staring into his vanity mirror, he shook his head and stood up. He needed to get out of his head and reconcile these angsty thoughts he was having.

Amory stood suddenly to leave the room when... in walked Sam. Lips parting in visible surprise, Amory had no thoughts of words. Instead, he only moved forward to close the space between them quickly and enclose him in a hug. "Where have you been?" He questioned, voice thick with worry, his face pressing into the other's chest. The stink of sewage wasn't fairly strong, but strong enough that Amory caught it as he had nuzzled him. Pulling back, he looked up at him, puzzled. "You were gone this morning.. and... why do you smell like that?"

Lunna Dea

Old 09-06-2014, 07:01 AM

Slipping passed the people in the back stage area Sam stopped to hear what some of the stage hands had to say. Amory was not acting himself, he seemed to be under the weather. Sam mentally kicked himself for not thinking about what would happen if he disappeared and did not show back up in the morning. Amory must have been worried sick about him and what had happened. As he slipped into the dressing room he was not surprised by Amory’s surprised look on his face. He must have thought that I had left him for good. Gotten what I had come for and ran for my female lover, to laugh about how he thought I loved him. he only had a moment to think this before Amory was wrapped around him in a tight hug. “Owwwww” was his weak response as the ribs cracked under the pressure. When he pulled back Sam winced and smiled. “Ribs… Owww.” Pulling a wooden stool for behind one of the racks of clothes he tried to sit so his ribs did not pain him.

“I work up early this morning and I went out for some air and to get my stuff. I was feeling a bit better and could not get back to sleep so I thought that I could get there and back. Turns out that I was not feeling as up to it as I thought.” He sighed and pulled off the dusty, woren jacket and tossed it on the ground behind him. His undershirt was still wet from his river bath. “don’t recall how I got in the sewers but I think I passed out from the pain and was dropped there by people who thought I was dead.” Pulling off his over shirt he wrinkled his nose as he found bits of gunk stuck to the wrap. “lucky me they did not dump me in the lake. Don’t think I would have lived through that one.” Standing up he walked over to Amory’s dressing table and filled the basin that sat there with water from the pitcher. Picking up a rag from a pile of them for boot polishing he dipped it into the water and started washing himself off. The water in the basin was brown in moments. “on my way back here, which was from acrossed town I stumbled into a creek and tried to wash off what stink I could, but as you can smell it did not do as well as I had hoped. After that I was offered a nice meal and the jacket and pants from a church on eighth street. Nice lady, not the best clothes.” Undoing the bindings he slowly scrubed his skin trying not to wince each time he hit a rib that was broken. “sorry I was not there to do your hair Songbird.” He hoped that Amory would realize that when he said Songbird he also ment ‘I love You’

Arc Angel

Old 09-06-2014, 05:24 PM

As the other man let out a cry of pain, Amory quickly released his hold and stepped back clumsily. Eyebrows knitting together in worry, he leaned over him to look at him, considering the clear pain he showed in his reaction. "Sorry." He spoke quickly, sheepishly, pain in his own eyes as he saw Sam exhibiting honest signs of it. When the other man stood, Amory carefully sat, perched there quietly as he listened to the story intently. He sure does find a lot of trouble... Still, he felt a weight lifted off of his shoulders. Sam was here; he hadn't just left him behind. That caused a grin to rise to his face, even if he were presently worried over his form. As he finished explaining, even apologizing for not being here, Amory let out a soft laugh.

He stood from his stool, approaching the other and gently pressing his own chest to his back. Careful not to put pressure on his ribs, Amory wrapped his hands around the other's waist in an intimate hug. The weight with which he had said songbird right now-- was he imagining it? A small smile playing along his lips as he gently touched his forehead to the other's back, Amory spoke a soft reply. "I'm just glad you're here now. I didn't know what to do." He admitted, his own way of replying with the emotion he'd just heard. "Please try to be more careful." He added, "I was worried sick, with all the news lately..." Hell, in the paper this morning there had been a massacre of another, smaller mob's members in their own club. Their own club. Amory shook his head a little before releasing Sam with a soft sigh, stepping away to sit on the couch, thoughtful. "You really should go see a doc, Sam, with how sore you seem... Or, at least go rest for the day." He pleaded gently, hoping the other would heed his words this time.

Lunna Dea

Old 09-06-2014, 05:41 PM

Sam stopped moving and sighed as Amory wrapped his arms around him more gently. Reaching back carfully he hugged him. It was kind of awkward but it did not hurt him to much. “I would have been here sooner if I had not smell as bad as I did. No taxi would take me.” Sighing he smiled. “Amory I will try to be more careful.” And once I figure out what happened last night I will avoid that too. he thought as he brought his arms back around to wipe off some more dirt from where the wraps had caught it. At least this all seemed that it was mud not sludge. Turning to look thoughtfully at Amory he smiled. It was a warm caring smile. “Songbird, I would if I did not already know what the doc’s would say and do.” His voice had a sad lilt to it. “they would wrap it and say not to work for a while, but you need me to do up your stage look and its not that taxing once we have you all set up for the day. I can rest here once your ready.” With that he turned back to the racks and picked out a new outfit for the day.

“anyways your singing takes me away from the pain, if I went back to your place for the day I would just be laying there in slight pain with nothing to do.” He held out the suit to Amory and then pulled up his pants which had been slowly slipping down his hips as he had no belt. “I can lay here on the couch once I am clean and just relax.”

Arc Angel

Old 09-08-2014, 02:54 AM

Amory did not feel quite as relaxed until he heard Sam say he would try to be more careful. Nodding, he accepted the answer. He was worried about the other's health, if this sort of thing kept up. What sort of outrageous bad luck he had, to be caught two days in a row, injured! It made Amory pout as he perched carefully upon the couch, watching the other man. "If you insist," he replied after a few moments, taking the suit and sighing. Standing, he moved behind the curtain that had been installed. "Just please make sure you do get some rest. Lock the door, if you need." He continued as he changed casually, his form just hardly casting a shadow from behind said curtain. Once changed, he stepped out for Sam to see, still adjusting the cuffs of the suit's shirt.

"Whaddya think?" He asked casually enough now, mood lightened as Sam had come back relatively safely. Amory spun on his heel once after asking, a grin playing along his lips as he looked over at Sam curiously. He had picked it out, sure, but seeing it on may change his opinion. Amory didn't even look at the suit in his mirror, yet-- Sam's opinion was more valuable to him than his own, in this matter. He could always look at it after the other's approval, anyways.

Lunna Dea

Old 09-08-2014, 07:13 AM

As Sam felt Amory relax he sighed. If he had healed like ever regular human he would have been in a bit more pain then this last night and tonight. He wondered if Sam had ever dealt with cracked ribs and how painful they really were. He had seen men laid up with them for a week, whimpering each time they had to take a deep breath. “of course I will get some rest I will lay there, “He pointed to the couch that he had had brought in the night before. “And I will get lost in your songs. You will paint beautiful pictures for me and every one will say how marvels you are.” Moving to help Amory he stopped at the curtain. He wants me to rest. He is not going to let me help him like I would love to do. It is my job to help make him look the best he can be but all he can do is go soft on me. Moving slowly he sat down on the couch he had just pointed to moments before.

“I think that it suits you well and that we have a lot of work on that hair of yours.” Standing again he walked over and gently pushed Amory towards his seat in front of the mirror. The suit was of a dark brown with flacks of steel blue blended in. The edges were trimmed with matching blue piping. Opening up one of the draws in the dressing table Sam produced a beautiful powered blue silk handkerchief that matched the suit perfectly. “I really wish I knew what had happened last night, at least who ever did toss me down into the sewers did not break my ribs any more than they already were. I should be up and about in a few days with no pain.” He said honestly as he picked up the comb and a glass. “I will be right back.” Turning towards the door he realized he did not have a shirt on and his pants were not staying up as they should be. “ummmm would you mind terribly to go and get some hot water? If they ask why just say its for tea. In fact a tea would not be bad.”

Arc Angel

Old 09-09-2014, 03:45 PM

Amory's gaze softened as he looked over Sam, the thought of his singing truly helping him out drawing a smile to his face and butterflies to his stomach. "Sam.." He replied softly, wishing to thank him, though he couldn't quite find the proper words. Instead, he hoped the gaze he sent in the other man's direction would suit well enough to get his feelings across. As directed, he sat on the stool before his mirror for Sam to beautify as he wished. Amory didn't really care what he did-- Sam had a good eye, and it was his opinion that mattered the most to him. Smiling at the comment on his hair, he playfully piped up, "'ey, it's not all my fault! It has a mind of it's own, I swear it."

His smile dimmed a bit as Sam mentioned his problems from earlier, wondering who had done that to him. Amory let himself frown a little, the subject dampening his mood once more. Not that he minded. He, too, wanted to know who had done that to Sam. He would like to see them brought to justice for tossing this sweet man into the sewers. Yet, as Sam mentioned that he should be healed soon, Amory truly smiled again. "Good, I'm glad. I feel as if I've only ever seen you in bandages." He noted, a bit sadly, though hopeful that that would soon change. As he turned to leave the room, Amory hopped up, about to tell him not to when he seemed to notice. Chuckling a little, he nodded in agreement. "Got it." He spoke casually, taking the glass with a smile and turning on his heel to walk out the door casually to fetch it.

As he walked out, he nearly walked into the don himself. Breath catching a little, Amory stopped himself short of running into the large man.

"Amory, my boy!" He called happily, patting him on the shoulder and laughing gruffly, "I've come to talk to that new stylist of yours."

"O-Oh! Is that so?" Amory responded, a tad hesitant, though putting on his best stage face. Smiling, he gestured that the other man could go on past him and into his dressing room. "What for, might I ask?"

"Heard he got into a bit of a scrape. Can't have that, ya know." Carpi chuckled again, then stepping past him to open his dressing room's door. "We'll be done in a few, kid. Put on a great show again tonight, eh?"

Amory, still hesitant, nodded and tried to put forth some enthusiasm. "Yes, sir!" He replied a tad playfully, smiling in his direction once more before turning to get the water requested of him. This might not be good...

As the don stepped in, he regarded Sam for a moment before his booming voice introduced himself. "Riccardo Carpi, nice to meet ya. Sam, was it?" He introduced himself with a smile, the middle-aged man showing a bit of charisma as he seated himself casually and let out a low whistle as he looked about the room. "Done up nice, now! The kid's got a nice room here."

Lunna Dea

Old 09-10-2014, 09:16 AM

“I don’t think it has a mind of its own, Amory.” Sam said as he walked up and started working on Amory. He had smiled when he saw what Amory was trying to say. Gently patting Amory’s shoulders in a loving gesture, wishing to say the same things about his feelings but knowing that this was not the time or place to say it. It was not safe for them to speak of such things here for risk of someone else hearing and reporting it to ether the papers or the Don. “I think you need to stop running your hands through it like a bride on her wedding night striating her gown.”

“it almost feels to me like someone has set out to bring me down ever since your old Don took a fall. Why someone would target me I do not know, the first attack was done before anyone really knew that I was working with you.” Reaching down to the edge of Amory’s suit jacket he slipped his fingers under the shirts to the skin and gently brushed it while acting like he was neatening it. Gods how he wanted to just rip that suit off and have him then and there, yet that was a risk to all their jobs. Smiling he reluctantly let Amory go so he could get the hot water.

Sighing Sam ran his hand through his own hair and sighed as he slowly lowered himself into the couch. It was only a matter of a few moments before he was up again and stirring at the Don in complete shock. What worried him even worse was that Amory was not there. “good evening sir, I trust the night is going well.” He racked his brain trying to think of a time they might have met that would throw his whole plan into the grinder. He bowed ever so slightly as he tried to hide his wince. But with his shirt off it was much harder not to see his wince.

“thank you I have done my best to make it work sir. I was worried that I was going to cause problems but I found all I had been looking for to make this place work. And yes it is Sam, Sam Teatime.” He held out his hand in greeting. “so what might I do for you sir? Would you like to learn how to use the hair product that I use in his hair?”

Arc Angel

Old 09-20-2014, 12:50 AM

As soon as Amory has retrieved the water and had begun to head back to his room, he was stopped by a girl that performed in one of the opening acts. She began asking for tips, rubbing his forearm, talking about wanting to spend more time together... He played along with all of this, though he found it dull, all up until she raised a hand to attempt running it into his hair. Frowning, one of his own hands rose to brush it away from him before she could, however. The girl was taken aback by this and the harsh look he sent her, removing her arm from his and lowering her hand as she backed up.

"I didn't mean ya any harm, hon, honestly..." She complained, pouty and suddenly rather dejected.

Shaking his head, Amory wished to roll his eyes. "Sure ya didn't. I'm just not interested in a trashy girl like yourself. You're doing that to every successful, well-dressed man ya meet, Tracy." He retorted, a tad cold, but genuinely annoyed as he continued on his trek back to his dressing room. It wasn't like Amory to come off as cold, but he couldn't help it. He didn't like the don's curiosity in Sam, regardless of intent, and she had been in his way.

Meanwhile, the don observed Sam as they exchanged niceties, eyes lingering on the bandages he had been wrapped in. He returned the offer of his hand with a firm shake, but didn't say otherwise for a few moments as he ignored the other man's words. Instead, his features sobered a bit, words becoming quite a bit more grave as he spoke of his intentions. "I can't have a man of mine getting slammed on on the streets out there, stagehand or not. You understand why I'm here, right?" He began, pulling out a cigar to light and drew in a breath from before continuing. Smoke swirled through the air as he sighed heavily. "Look, I can assign a couple 'a guys to watch your commute or somethin', I just can't have this as a problem, kid." He continued, seemingly understanding, but also concerned over his reputation. Especially since a rival of his had just bitten it. "It's been a great deal of trouble down here, my songbird's got a hit on him, as I learned earlier... Some boys of Giuseppe's are real pissed over some dark shit that was pulled..." He remained vague, sighing heavily again as his gaze rose to Sam. "Kid, we can't have ya hurt again. My boy Amory could use you, so we need ya around... but what do we need to fix this?" He spoked, gesturing towards the areas Sam had bandaged.

Lunna Dea

Old 09-20-2014, 08:12 AM

Nodding Sam swallowed and tried to hide his frustration as the Don spoke of how he could not have his men being attacked in the street. He understood that when he hired on as a personal valet to Amory he did not inform the Don what he could do otherwise but still how could a man get any time to himself or his lover if the Don was out to set a guard on him at the drop of the first fight. “yes sir I do understand why you feel that you must protect those in your employ yet it was only one night that it happened and it looked like they will not be bugging me ever again. Last night was my own fault and had nothing to do with your business.” A look of surprise crossed his face when he heard about the hit that Amory had on his head. “you have got to be pulling my leg. Who would want to put a hit on Amory? He is such a nice guy, lovely voice.” He had wondered how he would handle the news of the hit. “do you know who would have called out hit on him? What would they gain from the hit anyways?” picking up the pile of bandages he sighed and tried not to show pain. “Why are Giuseppe’s boys up in arms about?” tuning to dressing room table he tried to neaten up all the items that already were neat. Looking over his shoulder at the Don he gave him a look of worry. “well I don’t know what we can do seeing as it only has happened once. Which was two nights ago, though I may need a new suit as my last one got rather dirty last night and can’t wear that outfit again.” He smiled sheepishly.

Arc Angel

Old 09-21-2014, 03:41 AM

The don sighed with frustration as Sam tried to brush off the incident. Did the boy not understand? It didn't matter if it were one night or ten, an injury taken by one of his mean was an insult to his name. It was a statement of weakness. His fist curled in his lap as he took in a long drag. "Boy, everything involved with that kid's life is now my business." He replied simply, then shook his head in thought. The man was stressed, greying faster too, with the results of the recent incidents. "Ah," He waved his hand in disgust at hte mention of Giuseppe's men, "The damned fools. Blame the kid for the death of their don. How could such a frail kid be blamed for that shit? Dark mess, it's a dark mess..." His voice trailed off as he stood abruptly, seemingly ignoring the rest of his questions. The man's mind was too busy to remember them all, in truth.

Pulling out a wad of bills from his pocket, he counted off enough for at least a suit's worth and laid it on the couch arm. "Fix yourself up well, kid. I've got ta' figure out the hell to do for my songbird." He let out a soft sigh, then sent a serious gaze at Sam. "Don't get yourself into trouble again." With that, he'd leave, leaving Amory to quietly slip back into the room with the cup of water.

"Sam..." He murmured at first, eyebrows knit together with worry as he set the water down, hesitating. "I heard him. About the hit. So, I... It's still on." Amory tried piecing it together, his hands wringing themselves lightly as his thoughts whirred. "What did he want?"

Lunna Dea

Old 09-21-2014, 04:35 AM

The dons frustration only added to Sam’s. If he told the don what he could do the don would want him to be his hired killer. Yet if he did not tell him then the don would keep trying to push a follower on them which would just interfere with their lives. His hands itched to pull a knife on this guy and make him understand that they did not nor want protection. “I understand that his life as your lead singer is going to be intertwined with your business. Yet I do not think that my life is going to affect your business unless it starts affecting Amory’s. I can promise your sir that it will not affect him in any way.” Maybe if the don did not get the hint that they did not need a follower then he would have to pay him a visit as Amory’s Angel and show him that protection was not needed. “if it starts to show on stage then I will willingly accept a guard dog. But please I don’t like being followed.”

He raised his eyebrow at the thought that done Giuseppe’s men thought that Amory was involved with the killing. “I don’t see how he could have done anything to one of the dons lower men let alone the don himself.” He snorted and shook his head. “as I heard it, it was one of the Don’s own occult friends that did him in.” Sam would have to make sure that it became well known about the area that it was one of the friends and not Amory.

Taking the money and making it disappear quickly Sam smiled. “thank you sir, I will do my darnsest to do as you request. And remember if you ever need a lesson on hair care products I will be happy to help.” The last was said as Amory was slipping back into the room. Sitting back down his cheery, go lucky self become more dark and brooding as he tried to think of what to do next. “yes Amory it seems the hit is still on even with the man that called it on you, dead.” He chewed on his thumb nail trying to think yet the ideas did not seem to want to come to him.

“just what I expected him to want. Just to ask if I needed protection and what not.” Turning to look up at Amory, Sam smiled and stood up. “well let us get that hair tamed. Cant have you going on the stage looking like you just work up.”

Arc Angel

Old 09-21-2014, 07:53 PM

The don left without another word, in grim silence as he snaked out of the room. He hadn't liked the responses he got, the defensiveness in that man's voice. Sam would be watched better from now on. As for Amory... He wasn't sure how to protect the kid aside from sending escorts alongside him, and amping club security. Taking a drag on his cigar, he went to go talk to some of his boys.

Amory didn't quite like the way Sam was talking right now-- he was his sense of protection, safety, and yet here he was speaking of the hit that was on his head. Hold up a minute. Amory's thoughts rewound themselves as he hesitantly went to sit at his stool for Sam. Grinning, he laughed a little. "You really think it looks so bad? Man, Sam," He replied softly, as if he took injury to his statement. Though, he didn't truly mean to complain. Sam did do a great job with his hair and clothing, Amory just fancied that he hadn't done a horrid job on his own. Still, other thoughts clouded his mind. His vision, too, began to fade as past events blurred through his head.

Sam, had he ever truly told Sam of the hit on his head? He seemed to know things, be deeper connected into this all than Amory would like to think. Even through association with him, Amory thought Sam seemed too far into the heat of things right now. Was that grave look on his face because he knew something he didn't? Amory got the feeling Sam, too, was involved over his head but just hadn't said anything of it yet. Reaching up to catch his arm before he could work on his hair, Amory turned to face Sam, worry and confusion in his gaze. "I don't feel as if you're telling me things..." He began, then averting his gaze, almost guilty to have said something about it. Still, what else would he believe? It was odd that the don had went to him about Amory's hit, no? It was odd that Sam had shown up at their door after he had had that run-in by a man on the streets, and following a visit by an 'angel. Amory wasn't sure how all of this connected, but he had a sinking feeling about it.

"Sam, did you work for Giuseppe?" He questioned, grasping at straws, unsure of what to make of the situation. He knew what Sam had told him of his past, that questioning what he'd said could be bad for the feelings between them, but he felt he had to. Amory had to sot things out, especially with his mind now so cloudy. Tears pricked his eyes as he returned his gaze to Sam. "I'm so confused, Sam. You have to help me understand here. You just can't have that bad of luck to get beat up twice on your own, can you...?"