Temmon
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-07-2007, 12:14 AM

After reading Seito's 100 item drabble, I was inspired to create my own drabble. >.< It's been a while since I last wrote, and I've been wanting to again for awhile, but I haven't been able to get around to it. I'm hoping that this will give me ideas. And it should be fun!

Actually, I'm enjoying creating a new pair of characters for each drabble. So unless I come across a pair I really like, I'm gonna keep making different one.

Edit: I dislike the old list that I was using. So... I switched to Seito's 100 Theme list here. ^^ Gonna keep this thread up though and tack the new ones on to the end. xD

Temmon
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-07-2007, 12:18 AM

This items on this list shall be bolded as I finish each one.

Posts will be in the format

Post Number
Drabble Number
Theme
Characters
Notes

1. Bite
2. Green Pen
3. First Flower
4. A Beautiful Day
5. Water
6. Jars
7. Buttons
8. Silence
9. Trash
10. Chain
11. Rain of blossoms
12. Chapstick/lip balm
13. Cards
14. Quiz
15. Fans
16. Fish
17. Smile
18. Chocolate
19. Scissors
20. Pillows
21. Jacket/Blanket
22. Glare
23. Jealousy
24. Misunderstood
25. Holiday
26. Bell
27. Dog
28. Bridge
29. Minute
30. Flying
31. Bird
32. Cloud
33. Umbrella
34. Snow
35. Singing
36. Square
37. Curtain
38. Popular
39. Rubbish
40. Jellyfish
41. Circle
42. Matches
43. Deception
44. Paper
45. Heart
46. Color
47. Moonlight
48. Death
49. Candle
50. 50%
51. Obsessive Compulsive
52. Technology Challenged
53. Lurk
54. Stalk
55. Doom
56. Butterfly
57. Check
58. Make up
59. I feel pretty
60. Clock
61. Midnight
62. Cocoa
63. Tinsel
64. Spiffy
65. Spilled Ink
66. Paw prints
67. Cute
68. Mess
69. I’m coming
70. Late
71. Missed
72. Spellcheck
73. Mail
74. Tied up
75. Nails
76. Small terror
77. Spider
78. Wine/champagne
79. Cross-dressing
80. Instruction Manual
81. Confetti
82. Glitter
83. Shiny objects
84. Rebirth
85. Marbles
86. Lamp post
87. Charcoal
88. Markers
89. Scribbling
90. Board games
91. Love
92. Sibling
93. Coffee
94. Sticky
95. Sweet
96. Sour
97. Hyper
98. Apathy & Empathy
99. Lost cell phone
100. Happily Ever After

Temmon
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-07-2007, 01:03 AM

Drabble Number: 24
Theme: strings
Characters: Berna and Arnie
Notes: None

"God dammit," Berna snapped. "Don't you think that you could possibly leave me alone for once?"

"But sweetie, you know that I love you, don't you?" that was her asshole ex-boyfriend, Arlie.

"I broke up with you for a fucking reason. Now get out of my face!"

Berna was walking quickly along a sidewalk in the campus of their college, Arlie following her like a lost puppy. He was her ex. She didn't want to see him anymore. He couldn't stand to let her out of his life.

"Please sweety, give me another chance. For old time's sake?"

"I don't want you anymore. Would you please understand that already?" A note of desperation had begun to enter Berna's voice as well as Arnie's. Being around Arnie brought back unpleasant memories of their time together. His wanting to know her every move, not allowing her to hang out with her friends without him, not allowing her to do anything without him. Eventually, she would lie to him to get a few minutes of blessed free time. That and he would plan out their every day, allowing her no dissension from his ideas.

Berna had finally made it back to her room.

"Would you just tell me what I can do, what I can change, to get back with you?" Arnie made his final plea while Berna stabbed at the door with her keys, trying to get the key into the small slot.

"You don't own me. I'm not a puppet to be dancing on your strings, doing what you want me to do. I can't live with someone like you." The door slammed shut behind her, and she hurriedly locked the door, leaving Arnie on the outside.

Temmon
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-07-2007, 01:43 AM

Drabble Number: 1
Theme: cold hands
Characters: Darcie, nameless boy, Jaquelyn
Notes: None

"How can it be so cold outside? It's April!" Darcie exclaimed to her friend Jaquelyn, as she shuddered in her sweatshirt.

"Meh. It's not that bad," Jaquelyn said with a shrug. Jaquelyn was wearing a t-shirt and jeans.

Darcie stared at her friend. "I hate you warm-blooded people," she said decisively.

"And I hate you too." Jaquelyn said, sticking her tongue out.

Right outside of the building that they were about to go into, Jaquelyn met up with an RA friend of hers and stopped to talk to him. Darcie stood there, waiting, listening and shivering.

A guy exited the building, one that Darcie had seen around, she thought that he was in her cell biology class, but there were enough people in it that she wasn't sure. He stared at her abstractly before recognizing and smiling at her. "You look cold," he said. Darcie still couldn't remember her classmates name, and she just nodded. "Here, take my gloves. You look like you've got cold hands, and it's not as cold as I thought it was."

"Ah, no, but thanks. I was just about to go inside."

"Then come with me," he insisted, "I was just about to go eat all by myself."

Darcie thought for a second. "Sure," she replied with a smile, accepting the gloves he was still handing out for her and leaving without another word to her friend.

Temmon
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-07-2007, 02:27 AM

Drabble Number: 19
Theme: Bubbles
Characters: Arlene, Stephen
Notes: Probably prefigures possibly premarital sex

The door slammed open, startling Stephen. He turned to see his girlfriend storming in.

"How was your day, Arlene?" asked Stephen mildly.

"Fantastic, can't you tell? If you don't mind, I need to get this crap off of me." Throwing her bag onto a chair, Arlene proceeded into the bathroom, stripping clothes as she went. Stephen put up the book that he had been reading and followed her in.

Arlene had the tap turned on, waiting for the water to warm up for her shower. When she reached for the switch to turn the shower head on, Stephen grabbed her hand with one hand and plugged the drain with the other. Arlene glared at him a little, but subsided. Then Stephen grabbed a bottle from a nearby cabinet and began to liberally dispense its contents into the water.

"Bubbles?" inquired Arlene. Stephen nodded in response. Abruptly, he picked Arlene up and placed her into the slowly rising water. Arlene sighed happily as the warm water began to lower the tension in her muscles. Abruptly, Stephen climbed into the bath with her. Stephen turned his face towards Arlene's for a kiss.

"Mm… Bubbles make everything better," said Arlene happily.

"Yes they do."

Temmon
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-07-2007, 03:23 AM

Drabble Number: 4
Theme: Diabolical
Characters: Ray, Lisa
Notes: A little bit disturbing, but nothing really descriptive. Definitely PG-13, though.

He was her first boyfriend. Lisa was young, only just turned fifteen, and a freshman in high school. He was eighteen, and a senior. She was obsessed with him. Everything about him. Ray was dashing, handsome, and an utter gentleman. She wanted to be with him for the rest of her life. He had even kissed her already.

Ray drove to Lisa's house to pick her up for their third date. Lisa was quiet, intelligent, attractive although she didn't realize it, and oh so very pliable.

Lisa's emotions awhirl with plans for the night. Dinner, a movie. The feeling of her Ray's arms around her. She dressed as nicely as she could, and a little more daringly than normally she would, the better to attract him.

Ray met Lisa at her door, and they went to eat. A dinner that she hardly tasted, a movie that she hardly watched, exultant when Ray's arms were around her shoulders, else not caring.

Then Ray invited her home. His parents, he said, were hardly around, leaving him to himself most of the time. They wouldn't care if she stayed with him for a while. Nervously, Lisa followed Ray into his house and onto a couch in front of a large television. He idly flipped it to some show, and started to watch it, again, he rested an arm around her shoulder. Lisa sat, stiff and tense for a while, but eventually began to relax a little. That was when the hand around her shoulder started groping her, while the other edged onto and up the hem of her short skirt. Lisa squirmed away absently, and he scooted over to stay next to her.

"Ray. I don't want this," Lisa muttered.

"Of course you do. Your body is telling me that." His hands moved more intensely.

It was then that Lisa realized what that gleam in Ray's eye meant. It wasn't cheerful and mischievous like she had thought; it was diabolical.

Temmon
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-07-2007, 10:51 PM

Drabble Number: 29
Theme: Affaire de Cœur
Characters: Madelyn, Byron and other over the phone
Notes: Lots of cursing in the bottom half

Madelyn juggled her baby daughter Vena with her bottle. "Hush, sweety, daddy's almost home," she whispered in the grumbling baby's ear. If Madelyn could manage to feed Vena her bottle and put her to bed and she actually stayed asleep, maybe she and her husband Byron could actually get a little alone time for a change.

The phone rang, Madelyn stuck the bottle in her baby's mouth and managed to grab the receiver with her newly freed hand. "Hello. Who is it?"

It was Byron, saying that he would be home late that night and probably wouldn't be leaving work until midnight.

"Can't you please just try to leave early?" Madelyn asked, dropping into a chair to have a hand free. That was impossible. The deadline for a big project was tomorrow. All the people in his department were working late to finish it.

"Alright, I love you Byron, and drive safely," said Madelyn finally. Vena glanced up from the bottle that she was happily sucking at. "I guess it's just you and me tonight, honey."

Two hours later, Vena was finally asleep, or at least not yelling anymore and Madelyn had collapsed gratefully in front of the television. The phone rang again, so she dragged her protesting body up and over to answer it.

"Hello? Byron?"

"No. He's not here right now."

"You mean Byron's not at the office? Do you know where he is?"

"No? Thank you very much. I'll find him and get right back to you."

Madelyn stabbed clumsily at the keypad of the phone. Eventually, someone picked up on the other end.

"Byron? You bastard. What are you doing right now?"

"Don't make any fucking excuses. Where are you? Your friend said that you aren't at work. Tell me where the hell you are!"

"Fine. Fine! Get the fuck out of my life!" she shouted finally, slamming the receiver back onto the phone.

Eyes full of unshed tears, Madelyn stumbled into the baby's room, where she stared at her daughter, sleeping peacefully. "A fucking affaire de cœur." She kissed her daughter's forehead. "It's just you and me now."

Temmon
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-10-2007, 04:46 PM

Drabble Number: 3
Theme: Banter
Characters: Nate, Marie
Notes: Was written kinda rushed, and in only eight minutes.

"Are you really going to school tomorrow?" asked Marie over the phone.

"Of course I am, I wouldn't miss your sweet face for all the world." That was her boyfriend, Nate.

"You say that every week, though, and you still skip. I don't want you to fail out of school."

"Hey, hon, I won't."

It really didn't help that Nate was a procrastinator, and just didn't do the work when he did go to school. But Marie knew that he was smart; she just knew it, and with her influence he might even do something with his life.

Not that it had started like that. They had met in English class. It was a regular course. She was in there because she had nearly failed English the previous year and had been frightened away from any higher level English class. He was there, of course, because he aspired to no more. They had talked every day, being two of the few intelligent people in class. Marie kinda missed their daily banter. Now it was all her nagging at him to do his work and go to school and his recalcitrant excuses and refusals. She wanted it to get better, though.

And now she was a senior in high school, just about ready to head to a prestigious college. He, on the other hand, would probably be lucky to graduate on time. Maybe she should dump him, get on with her life in college. Maybe...

"I've got something to say to you," she said at the same time that he started to speak. "You first," said Marie.

"I think that we ought to separate for a while," Nate said.

"Oh," said Marie, and she was silent.

Temmon
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-19-2007, 08:23 PM

Drabble Number: 14
Theme: Aristocrat
Characters: Sylv, Marquerite
Notes: Pre-created characters! *shock*

"Hey Sylvy?" Marquerite asked from where she was lying on her lover's chest.

"Hm?" Sylv mumbled, his hand playing with her ear.

"Where do you come from? Well, that and why are you here. I mean, I know that you come from earth, but you don't really belong here, and what's up with that?"

Sylv hesitated. "I'm the king of that entire dream world; the one through which we traipsed on our quest."

Marquerite stared up at Sylv. "Really? Then why did we have to go through all that shite?"

"Self-imposed exile," he said. "I needed to test the aristocracy; see what they would do without me."

"So you put us through hell so that some spineless aristocrats could decide whether or not to rebel?" Marquerite pulled herself up and sat stiffly a little way aways from Sylv.

"It had to be done. I do need to reinstate myself soon, however. A power struggle over succession is not what I need now."

"Have fun."

"But there is something that I must ask you. Would you, Marquerite, be my queen?" asked Sylv, holding a ring in front of him.

Temmon
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 09-06-2007, 04:01 AM

Drabble Number: 7
Theme: Blow
Characters: Brienne, Kai
Notes:

Brienne poked her new friend Kai in the ribs.

"What was that for?" he asked teasingly, sticking his tongue out at her.

"I dunno. I was just bored?" she said, sticking her tongue out in turn.

"You doing anything over the weekend," he asked, surprising her.

"Huh? Uh. No. Not really. I mean, you know how much of an active social life I have," she responded after faltering a bit. As the two friends well knew, neither did much in their free time other than the internet, games, and the tv.

"Wanna do something?" asked Kai.

"Like... what?"

"Hang out at the mall or something like that?"

"Eh. Sure. Why not?"

"Sounds great." The two worked through the details of their meeting on the upcoming Saturday.

"So... I'll see you then," Brienne said once they were through.

"Of course. Gonna blow me a kiss goodbye?" Kai asked teasingly.

"In your dreams," Brienne said, shoving him to the side. "See ya tomorrow." She walked on ahead, leaving Kai staring at her back.

((This can be moved to the Drabble subforum. Just felt like writing something?))

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 09-06-2007, 04:07 AM

will do Temmon *is moving everything* xD

and we really like drabble number 1 x3 strings. hehe puppet puppet.

Temmon
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 09-06-2007, 04:12 PM

Aw. Thankies Seito. <3

Temmon
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 09-06-2007, 07:58 PM

Post Number: 1
Drabble Number: 34
Theme: Snow
Characters: Brienne, Kai
Notes:

"It's snowing, Kai!" Brienne said excitedly, pulling her boyfriend out of the door and kissing him amidst the falling snow.

That early in the morning, the landscape was utterly pristine. The couple rapidly pulled on warm clothes to explore the snowscape. Brienne wore four layers wherever possible, yet still she was first out, scooping up a pile of snow to throw at Kai as he emerged through the door, similarly suited. He laughed loudly and returned the favor. They gamboled in the snow, building snowmen, pelting one another with snowballs.

Somewhere, out of the way, Brienne came across pawprints going across the grass. For curiosity's sake, she followed them across the lawn.

The trail ended at the base of a tree. There was a small cat there, curled up to conserve warmth. Its coat was a dark gray where it was not concealed by snow and it wore no collar. It was not yet dead, at least, for it turned its head to Brienne and made a pitiful mewling noise.

Brienne took off two pairs of her sodden gloves to pick up the cat. It fit in both of her hands easily.

"I think we ought to call it Snow," Brienne stated, heading back to the house.