jupiter
inactive account

Old 08-06-2014, 05:45 AM

I think that's only true for a very small amount of the pirating population.
Given this, I'm not in disagreeance with you on the pirating crimes. I also don't think it's "cool" for the FBI to fine a fifteen year old thousands upon thousands of dollars.

Libra
the Galaxy Fairy
Mini Pixelite

Old 08-06-2014, 06:42 AM

I agree how everyone is pretty butt-hurt about pirating.

If I really want to see a movie, I see it in theatres. Otherwise, if it's something I'm vaguely interested in watching, I'll watch a pirated version. It's the same as waiting for it to come on TV. It'll happen, otherwise, I won't waste my money on something I'm mildly interested in.

Recently, I just started paying for Spotify, so I have money going SOMEWHERE. At least I'm nice enough to do that xD

jupiter
inactive account

Old 08-06-2014, 06:46 AM

I have Netflix, which is pretty tight. Although I envy some friends who have massive data banks of movies; it's incredible the amount of things they have. Entire albums of music, years of Blockbuster hits, it's kind of cool. And I remember the days when you had to ask them for something and they would say "Give me a day to burn you a copy," and that was it.
I like to stream, and I'm not always on the ball when a movie comes out. Plus, going to a theatre can be a shitty experience; if a phone isn't going off, then someone behind you is whispering or kicking your seat. I wish I could say it was different for an opera or a live show, but those clowns are still there.

Anyway, I'm all for pirating and open source.

Libra
the Galaxy Fairy
Mini Pixelite

Old 08-06-2014, 06:52 AM

I usually don't have a problem with theaters. I usually go to the matinees though, so there aren't many people there anyway.

Ugg, the one broadway show I went to was so uncomfortable. I saw the lion king, but their seats were made for people that had less broad shoulders. I felt like I had to put my arm around my boyfriend just to feel like I had space on the other side (that he wasn't on).

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 08-06-2014, 06:55 AM

Iunno. I feel like most people who pirate things are mostly people who can't afford the media or, even if they can afford the media, would rather go without it than buy it. So I don't think pirating affects profits nearly as much as they say they do.

The punishment for pirating is absurd. I don't think it should be punished at all- But thousands? Seriously? We definitely have more important things to do with our legal system's resources than to hunt down and bully someone that just borrowed a CD from the internet.

:c I currently don't have Netflix. I had it for a few months because my friend paid for my subscription, but it expired. Netflix was pretty awesome. I'd love to have it again sometime.

jupiter
inactive account

Old 08-06-2014, 06:56 AM

What a strange way to build a seat.
I really loved that show; the costumes were so clever and beautiful. I'm very glad that I decided to get a ticket while it was in my area. What a regret it would have been to miss it! I went with a sibling, and there was this couple that sat behind us who were talking the entire time. Not whispers, but just outright talking to each other. Loud enough to hear, but not enough to make out quite what they were saying, and it was for the entire first act. So as soon as those lights came on for intermission, my sister snapped around and, in the polite manner of an opera house, told them to shut their fucking traps. They didn't say a single word for the rest of the time in that building.

There's this great theatre in town where they removed every other row and put in long tables. You purchase food at a counter, sit down with a cone, and they bring your food out to you during the movie. It's a lot of fun to have a drink and some nachos while you're watching a movie.

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 08-06-2014, 07:01 AM

I've never been to Broadway. Its on my bucket list.

>___> I'm kind of amused that the seats "encouraged" you to put your arm around someone. Maybe they did it on purpose for couples~? xD;;

I'm sorry about the rude, chatty people. :c I hate people who talk while they're watching something with someone else. The only exception is when my boyfriend and I watch something together. We like to react to things as we watch.

jupiter
inactive account

Old 08-06-2014, 07:05 AM

I totally understand when you're in a private setting, but to be so discourteous to others in a theatre like that shows--for an ancient use of term--poor breeding. Like stopping a conversation to answer your phone or text, it just seems particularly rude to me when you're not familiar with a person. I couldn't care less if I was hanging out with my girlfriends and texting, but there are some situations where it's uncalled for. I just sound like a crotchety old man when I read this.

Regarding broadway, and broadway shows, it's fantastic. I was genuinely worried that I wouldn't like some of them after the movies (e.g. Chicago) but I was so terribly wrong. Chicago was hilarious, and exciting, and it just delights you the entire time. It goes to show that a movie, while fantastic, also doesn't have that same organic involvement as a live show.

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 08-06-2014, 07:09 AM

I don't mind if people are texting while they're hanging out with me. I text all the time because I like to keep in touch with my LDR throughout the day. But if someone has to answer a call, then I think they should excuse themselves first.

:c I really wanna go to Broadway. Ideally, I would have loved to see Wicked with Idina Menzel. I have the soundtrack, and I'm a big fan!

jupiter
inactive account

Old 08-06-2014, 07:14 AM

A friend of mine has a bad habit of putting his finger up while you're talking and going "Hold that thought," and answering his phone. I heard a story one time where someone snatched it from him and flung it out a window. Like I said, it's all about how your friendship dynamics are.

I've only ever heard vaguely about Wicked, although it's very popular and I've only ever heard wonderful things about it. I'd love to see it if I ever got a chance. It'll probably run as long as Cats, so I'm sure there's plenty of time.

Libra
the Galaxy Fairy
Mini Pixelite

Old 08-06-2014, 07:18 AM

:C I don't know what it is about my friends and answering calls... Well, a couple of them keep it short and say they'll call whoever back when they aren't visiting people... And a couple others will literally have a 15 minute phone conversation in the common area where everyone is hanging out. I don't mind texting, but I'd rather people go have their phone conversations in another room.

I wish I could've seen Wicked! I still want to see it. I've listened to the soundtrack, so I have a good idea of what happens in it xD

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 08-06-2014, 07:19 AM

. That's a pretty rude way of excusing oneself to answer the phone.
rofl. Oh dear. What happened? I wanna know more of the thrown phone.

Have you ever heard the soundtrack?
@___@ I probably won't be able to go for a very, very long time. So I'm worried I might be too late. :c

jupiter
inactive account

Old 08-06-2014, 07:20 AM

You're ahead of me in that regard. I have only the vaguest of most vague ideas of what the story might be about. No specifics.

Aishh, how rude!
I liked when we would answer the phone to our parents and suddenly you're very upright, but anyone nearby is trying to shout things in the background.

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 08-06-2014, 07:26 AM

I've read the book and listened obsessively to the soundtrack. xD;;

nooo. I try to stay quiet when someone receives a call from their parents. I know that some parents can be a little stiff.

jupiter
inactive account

Old 08-06-2014, 07:37 AM

I've been a bit callous in comments sometimes when a parent would ask us what we were up to. I'm glad those teenage years are behind me, uwah hah!

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 08-06-2014, 07:41 AM

rofl. I don't want the kid to get a hard tme later from parents with no sense of humor.

jupiter
inactive account

Old 08-06-2014, 08:00 AM

What a terrible life to live, with no humor! Or worse, a dry drole humor!

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 08-06-2014, 11:19 AM

I am back~! Anything for me? *expects loves*

jupiter
inactive account

Old 08-06-2014, 11:22 AM

//crouches behind Dystopia's skirt

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 08-06-2014, 11:53 AM

Why you scare of me?

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 08-06-2014, 03:22 PM

boo! did hummy scare rettie

maidenroseheart
Can I please come down? ~Simple ...

Old 08-06-2014, 03:55 PM

Stand beside Xuv and gives her a big hug... I'm not scared of you ^_^

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 08-06-2014, 03:56 PM

hiya, mai =3

maidenroseheart
Can I please come down? ~Simple ...

Old 08-06-2014, 03:58 PM

Hello there hummy darling... how are you doing?

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 08-06-2014, 04:13 PM

hanging in there, thanks, how about yourself