Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 06-16-2015, 01:54 AM

As a huge fan of this game, I actually cried a tear of joy! For 20 years this game has been around and for the 20th anniversary they are finally going to remake it.

They teased us back in 2005 with a PS3 Tech Demo, but now this has been announced today and many people have just had their faith rekindled in Square Enix. It seems like they have been listening a bit. I can't wait for this game to come back I am just overjoyed!

onsenmark
Walküre ga tomaranai!
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to onsenmark Send a message via Yahoo to onsenmark

Old 06-16-2015, 04:18 AM

I'm still waiting for FF XII HD, though.

Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 06-16-2015, 08:23 PM

I'm sure that will be in the pipes. FF XII is an underrated game. It was really enjoyable I thought. I actually liked it better than FF XIII.

Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 06-16-2015, 10:51 PM

So many videos of people losing their shit on Youtube.

I had some idea that this was a remake many people wanted, but I didn't realize the vast amount of people hoping and dreaming for this.

I have fond memories of playing FFVII, must have competed it at least half a dozen times back in day. So I am a bit pumped for this. But I got admit that i've always liked FFVIII that much more. I know i'm in the minority there.

Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 06-17-2015, 02:18 AM

Final Fantasy VIII was an odd game for me. I mean there were things I liked about it, but I wished they had kept some things the same. There is a huge theory that Squall actually dies when he gets stabbed by the huge ice shard. Not really sure I agree with that though. My favorite part of the game was with Laguna and his friends with Raine. There was something special about that part to me. It was an ok game, but I really had a hard time finishing it. I didn't hate it, but it wasn't one of my favorites. I remember not being able to wait to play it when it first came out.

Yes I was one of those that lost his shit when I saw this...I really didn't think they would, but they did and have made a lot of fans very happy.

onsenmark
Walküre ga tomaranai!
Penpal

Old 06-17-2015, 05:27 AM

The only thing that kinda sucked about FF VIII was junctioning, and always having to siphon off magic.

Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 06-18-2015, 02:20 PM

Yes I can agree with you there, that part of it kind of sucked. They should have just kept the whole mana pool idea from previous final fantasies you know?

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 06-30-2015, 06:16 PM

I am beyond excited for this! I was really surprised that they hadn't done it yet, and had even skipped over it and remade newer FFs. I had watched my mom play earlier Final Fantasies, but FFVII is the first one I remember really playing and getting into. Unfortunately, the painful graphics made it a bit hard for me to revisit, so I've been wanting a remake for ages. This is definitely one I'll be buying when it comes out!

Now I just hope that they'll never touch IX. It's too perfect, leave it alone, don't mess with my baby.

Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 07-04-2015, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry Who? View Post
Now I just hope that they'll never touch IX. It's too perfect, leave it alone, don't mess with my baby.
That reminds me of what Jim Sterling has said.

That he's glad FFIX didn't do as well as the others, because he loves it so much, and would hate to see SquareEnix f' it up.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 07-10-2015, 03:44 PM

I'm eager to see what it ends up looking like. I know that I wont be able to play it, as I don't own a ps4, but I hope that they don't try to change too much of the storyline and such

onsenmark
Walküre ga tomaranai!
Penpal

Old 07-11-2015, 05:14 AM

I'd get a PS4 just for FF VIIr.

xPastelBishx
Too Kawaii
Send a message via AIM to xPastelBishx

Old 08-02-2015, 08:10 AM

I can't wait for it~ though I won't be able to play it lol
I don't have a PS4. If someone does a lets play for it when it comes out, I may watch instead on Youtube

YamiSora
~

Old 09-26-2015, 12:18 PM

I've heard mixed reviews on whether it'll be good or not, but I'm one for playing it first and then making my own opinion, that is, if I can afford a PS4 by the time it (and KH3) comes out. I played the old game but never got around to finishing it, heh heh.

Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 10-30-2015, 03:56 PM

I agree with Cherry Who, Final Fantasy IX was a gem, but I didn't like the ending as much .... I thought it was a bit too out there and really the writers could have come up with a much better story for the twist at the end; however the final curtain call I was able to deal with Zidane and Garnet! The song she sang was beautiful!

CrotchetyCrab
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-01-2015, 05:40 PM

I am ridiculously pumped for FFVII-r! I wasn't a huge fan of the first game, mainly due to the stupidly drawn out plot and parts that had you running everywhere when it was really unnecessary--but it was an old game, and developers were trying something new and didn't quite have it mastered.

Now, if they do it right, they'll have the remake with these fixes done. They'll tweak the issues players had.

I totally agree with onsenmark, I will be buying a PS4 for FFVII-r as well. Plus all the other amazing games coming out. But mainly FFVII-r, haha.

And FFIX was the best. Hands down. If they ever remade it, they would have to do it exactly as the original, and have the same style of animation and painted backgrounds. Because it was a gorgeous, amazing game.

This is making me want to dig up my PS2 and play it again, haha.

Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-03-2015, 03:43 PM

Yes, I already ended up buying a Playstation for for Dragon Quest Heroes so as soon as it comes out-- it's mine :) and I will be playing it for hours and hours lol... I kind of hope there will be more playable characters even if they are only temporary or something kind of like Biggs, Jesse, and Wedge at the beginning.

Juunansei

Old 12-28-2015, 07:55 AM

Can't wait to see FF7 Crossdressing scene remake.
and to go on a date with barrett again

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 12-29-2015, 09:06 PM

FFVII is my favorite game from the series!! I'm glad they're remaking it <3 too bad I don't have the necessary console, but I figure they will have it for the PC eventually

Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 12-18-2016, 10:16 PM

I can't wait! I think it may be coming out 2017, it will be three episodes from it is sounding like. I think Jessie Biggs and Wedge may even be playable characters! This should be very interesting!