salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 11-30-2016, 03:07 AM

Can anyone recommend a battery pack <3

By that, I mean one of those portable battery packs that can recharge your phone on the go.

This is my first time considering one, so I would really appreciate any advice or suggestions! I would also like to buy a couple as gifts for my friends.

Ideally, the battery pack would be used to charge an iPhone at the very least.

Thank you!

pinging everyone who helped me with the hard drive last time <3

Ancasta: onsenmark: APBCole: MercyGrim96:

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 12-02-2016, 05:43 PM

@My Friends; anyone have suggestions <3 thank you!!!

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 12-02-2016, 05:44 PM

sorry i have no idea... i dont know anything about technology. i have heard that lemons are great for power. lol. but i dont know that works... something about copper and not copper... sorry..

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 12-02-2016, 05:47 PM

The best kind of charger to get would be a USB charger. Since most smart phones use a USB to connect to the adapter for the wall, a usb charger would be viable for all usb based phone devices (iphone and android)

That being said, you also would need to consider if you want a fast charge or a slow charge. Mine is pretty slow, but good for if the power goes out.

Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 12-02-2016, 06:42 PM

Sorry I have no suggestions...I is technology challenged! Lol!

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 12-02-2016, 06:47 PM

haven't got the foggiest. i'll ask hubby later

Xogizmoox
Milk and Cookies

Old 12-02-2016, 06:48 PM

Gizzie literally got her one at the 99cent store for ONE DOLLAR and it works wonderful it's not like the traditional kind with the power pack you normally charge kind though mine charges the cellphone with two double A batteries you put batteries in the power pack box plug a USB cord into it and the other end into the cellphone and it changes the phone battery with batteries but the one I may get eventually I have seen one that wall charges or solar charges or hand crank charges PLUS has a flashlight on it so it's a bad azz charger I forgot the price or brand of whatever but it wasn't but about $20 I believe

HIM_ROCK
NPC

Penpal

Old 12-02-2016, 06:54 PM

Depends on which size you want and which type.

There are rechargable ones or AA disposable battery ones most power banks come with a standar micro USB so they'll just need to use their own wire.

Personally I own several of them: bigger ones which hold more power, which you can get about two full phone charges out of and small ones, or "lipstick" ones as they've been called which hold less power but you can still get a full or majoritory phone charge out of.

As for where to get one if you go to TJ Maxx, Claire's Accessories do them. It depends on if you want a plain one or one with a pattern on.

LiviInLove
I'm a Buzy Bee!

Old 12-02-2016, 06:58 PM

I'm not really great with these sorts of things. Sorry!

Xogizmoox
Milk and Cookies

Old 12-02-2016, 07:03 PM

Here is Gizzie, s I bought one in black and one in white plus my light up USB cord it runs on two double A batteries and is reusable too ^.^

Places like Walmart have good rechargeable ones too at reasonable prices

Last edited by Xogizmoox; 12-02-2016 at 07:07 PM..

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 12-02-2016, 07:09 PM

I know nothing of the battery packs of which you refer. However, in times past, I used to carry a fully charged spared battery with me. Of course this is an expensive alternative to a battery pack, but certainly is less bulky and cumbersome. You may be asking, "Well, Mr. Wrong smarty pants, then I would need two phones for simultaneous charging. Phones are expensive. Phone batteries are expensive, too. Do you think I am made of money?"

To that I would answer there are battery ports that only charge the phone battery without the need for the phone itself. Unfortunately, I do not know how much these nifty chargers are or even where they are sold. My guess would be wherever you purchased the phone. Whenever I have phone issues or questions I can either call my carrier's tech support or visit a retail store in person.

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 12-02-2016, 07:14 PM

I know nothing about battery packs. Sooo, I can't help ya there. D:

Xogizmoox
Milk and Cookies

Old 12-02-2016, 07:17 PM

I have one of them kind of charging docks too (spare cell battery) but then again I have multiple phones as well...... One phone stopped working fully and the new one is SAME BATTERY so I can use the dock or the old cell will charge it too...,.. Then power outages I have the one above too
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wrong View Post
I know nothing of the battery packs of which you refer. However, in times past, I used to carry a fully charged spared battery with me. Of course this is an expensive alternative to a battery pack, but certainly is less bulky and cumbersome. You may be asking, "Well, Mr. Wrong smarty pants, then I would need two phones for simultaneous charging. Phones are expensive. Phone batteries are expensive, too. Do you think I am made of money?"

To that I would answer there are battery ports that only charge the phone battery without the need for the phone itself. Unfortunately, I do not know how much these nifty chargers are or even where they are sold. My guess would be wherever you purchased the phone. Whenever I have phone issues or questions I can either call my carrier's tech support or visit a retail store in person.
https://www.googleadservices.com/pag...Qwg8IHA&adurl=
Had one of these types but mine was different branded and slightly different

---------- Post added 12-02-2016 at 01:36 PM ----------
Then here's Walmart scroll to middle bottom pages all sorts of them even a solar charger one
https://www.walmart.com/search/?quer...match&cat_id=0

https://www.walmart.com/search/?quer...cat_id=1105910

Last edited by Xogizmoox; 12-02-2016 at 07:46 PM..

Queen_Andais
I move the stars for no one.

Penpal

Old 12-02-2016, 07:45 PM

I sadly don't have a back up battery pack.

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 12-02-2016, 07:49 PM

I… *blinks and shakes head at thread* How many people even know what this thread means?

Xogizmoox
Milk and Cookies

Old 12-02-2016, 07:56 PM

It's for charging your cellphone, iPod, tablet, sometimes a laptop on some .....say your power goes out or your camping or traveling or some instance where if your device BATTERY GOES DEAD AND YOU ARE UNABLE TO PLUG IT INTO THE WALL AND CHARGE IT you plug it into this item and it will charge your items battery some of them run on regular batteries like you use in the tv remote and some you charge the pack like you do with a cellphone charger and you can use it later they are super handy to have ^.^ and they are tiny pocket / purse size
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amane View Post
I… *blinks and shakes head at thread* How many people even know what this thread means?

HIM_ROCK
NPC

Penpal

Old 12-02-2016, 08:06 PM

I own this one dispite what the review says I've never had any issues with mine.

I would certainly say go into a shop to get one then you can always ask for a gift recipt should anything go wrong then they can take it back.

Last edited by HIM_ROCK; 12-02-2016 at 08:09 PM..

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 12-02-2016, 08:14 PM

Sorry your batterys are different brands to ours so im no use lol

Xogizmoox
Milk and Cookies

Old 12-02-2016, 08:33 PM

Gizzie never knew this, I thought batteries were the same everywhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roachi View Post
Sorry your batterys are different brands to ours so im no use lol

Symphony of the Night
(◎_◎;)

Old 12-03-2016, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amane View Post
Sorry for any confusion. I added "portable power bank" to the thread title so hopefully it is more clear <3

also thank you so much to everyone who's responded or has been posting suggestions!!!! including vinny xiii who private messaged me :)

some more details! <3
  • The friends I had in mind for this gift are both "traditional" males (wasn't sure what word to use, but they would probably prefer a solid color over colorful patterns)
  • Preferably no need to put your own batteries in it. I am thinking they should be able to charge the battery pack itself and then bring it with them on road trips or hiking
  • One of my friends doesn't know much about technology, but the other is super knowledgeable about technology including what brands are good. That is why I am also hoping to get a good brand, at least for that friend? haha (but I don't know much about the brands lol)

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 12-03-2016, 03:03 AM

I do realize I am lurking in the darkness of the lunatic fringe for saying this, but I am one of those wackos who don't mind being asked what they want for a Christmas gift. Crazy, I know.

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 12-03-2016, 03:28 AM

My cousin got this one (unfortunately not available) and she likes it. It charges her phone lots before she needs to recharge the battery pack. I mean, it depends on how much you intend to charge. Bigger ones like that with more mAh will give you more charges than the ones you find in the dollar store. I got a little cheapie from Five Below and it'll give me a hit a juice, but it doesn't give me a full charge. Bigger ones can. And it depends on if the phones in question have quick charge capabilities and if the chargers do as well. I mean, you can sink anywhere form $5 to $50 on some of these things.

Utopia
Roachi's Charity

Old 12-03-2016, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xogizmoox View Post
Gizzie never knew this, I thought batteries were the same everywhere
Nope they're different. Some may be the same. But the ones that my sister in laws bf bought back from the USA, we couldn't get them here.

Symphony of the Night
(◎_◎;)

Old 12-04-2016, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wrong View Post
I do realize I am lurking in the darkness of the lunatic fringe for saying this, but I am one of those wackos who don't mind being asked what they want for a Christmas gift. Crazy, I know.
that is fine, mr. wrong :) I don't think you are a "wacko" at all

I think it's fun to surprise people too <3 I think my friend has a feeling he is getting a christmas gift from me, because he hinted at getting me a hanukkah gift. I have no idea what he would get me, and I have a feeling he has no idea what I would get him either. It's all for fun :D

---------- Post added 12-04-2016 at 12:20 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by For-Chan Cookie View Post
My cousin got this one (unfortunately not available) and she likes it. It charges her phone lots before she needs to recharge the battery pack. I mean, it depends on how much you intend to charge. Bigger ones like that with more mAh will give you more charges than the ones you find in the dollar store. I got a little cheapie from Five Below and it'll give me a hit a juice, but it doesn't give me a full charge. Bigger ones can. And it depends on if the phones in question have quick charge capabilities and if the chargers do as well. I mean, you can sink anywhere form $5 to $50 on some of these things.
thank you, yes I saw some on amazon that I am now considering. It seems like iphones require at least 2000 mAh (not sure what this unit is) to full recharge, and I saw some battery packs that have 6000 mAh so maybe those would be good (should really look up what that unit is, haha)

---------- Post added 12-04-2016 at 12:21 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopia View Post
Nope they're different. Some may be the same. But the ones that my sister in laws bf bought back from the USA, we couldn't get them here.
that's so interesting *nods* I didn't know that, although I was aware that the outlets are different. I had to buy an adapter for when I traveled to Europe, for example

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 12-04-2016, 07:33 PM

On QVC the halo is reliable