Eserel
8U CHARGIN MA LAZERS

Old 03-12-2008, 01:24 AM

please don't double post
its against the rules

Nightshade1988
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-12-2008, 02:36 PM

I dislike drawing hair. I draw mostly portraits so I rarely draw hands or feet.

CHEWYBRONCO
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-16-2008, 11:37 PM

Ha, when I used to draw anime I used to try to avoid drawing hands, eyes and feet by covering them up with things such as boots, gloves, sleeves, and hair.

But if you don't wanna avoid it I'd keep practicing and trying different styles of eyes.

Michelle
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-17-2008, 01:19 AM

I think it helps to learn how to draw real eyes before drawing anime eyes. I don't know why this worked for me. I used to be clueless when it came to eyes, but I read some articles and studied pictures more and practiced a lot. I think it's coming along a lot better once I figured out how to draw them realistically.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 03-17-2008, 02:24 AM

I love to draw eyes - they're my favourite :D <3 and I do love drawing hands too - even though I'm not that good with them and have a lot of work to do. I hate drawing feet the most I think...but I still like feet. Shoulders give me problems too sometimes.

`Monox!de
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to `Monox!de Send a message via MSN to `Monox!de

Old 03-17-2008, 08:28 PM

You don't like drawing eyes? I'm the total opposite. I draw eyes all over my papers at school and end up turning in a paper that suddenly has fifteen different types of eyes plastered all over it. Seriously, I always draw eyes. And I LOVE drawing hands, because when I do them right, I think they look really good. Feet, I can't do, because I can only draw them pointing directly to the right and left of the person. If they're at a certain angle, like their body is sort of turned, I can draw their feet then. Otherwise, it just doesn't work with me. They end up looking like they're bending forward or something. e we

Afterglow
ʘ‿ʘ
Banned

Old 03-17-2008, 08:30 PM

i hate drawing eye's too.

i just draw eyes like they normally draw them.

circle, dot!
;D

or a line. - 3-

D-Yoop
*^_^*

Old 03-17-2008, 09:46 PM

There's lots of ways to draw eyes in anime, pick a style that suits you best and it might be less of a drag^-^

Han'iurami
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via Yahoo to Han'iurami

Old 03-18-2008, 01:27 AM

Well I suppose you could try different styles and practice or simply find yourself an anime that you like and practice drawing certain features before combining it all together,sort of like a puzzle in a way.

hikage11

Old 03-18-2008, 03:12 PM

try out several styles to see which one fits the character you're drawing. a basic tip about eyes is that the eyes are usually one eye length apart.

Chinen Yuuri
(^._.^)ノ

Old 03-18-2008, 09:04 PM

I hate drawing hands >.>;
Oh and I have a good ways on how to draw the eyes =]
Its on my book o beginners x]
Let me know if you want to see them and I'll scan it for you =3

HotaruHoshi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-19-2008, 01:38 AM

I find eyes one of the things i can actually draw, but it took a while to do that, i used ot draw 2 lines and a uges circle without anything in it -aah what was I an innnocent child :P- anyway, with me i found a very good example of an eye and iris and such and started coppying the style, and befor you know it you start thinking, what if I do this or change that, and there you go you start developing your won style ^^

BahiraMalika
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to BahiraMalika Send a message via Yahoo to BahiraMalika

Old 03-19-2008, 05:55 AM

I definitely second learning how to draw realistic eyes first.
That's a must pretty much if you want to draw really good anime anything.
Aside from that, just practice eyes all the time.
And try to remember to use guidelines, just take out a ruler and draw two straight lines based on how bigs you want the eyes to be, and keep your eyes between the guidelines, this way your eyes should be even in size (and after getting them even in size, just drawing in the pupils and highlights should be pretty easy).
And yeah, if you do all of that, your eyes should look great! ^-^

Anrie Talis

Old 03-19-2008, 09:53 PM

For me it could be a certain amount of things.
Such as feet, and shoes to fit over them and still look natural. Or feet at certain angles, like from behind.
Or drawing people at extreme angles/perspectives. Or 1/3 picture and have one side or the other look "off".

And backgrounds. I suck at drawing them, I really have a tough time with these things. But still I try to draw them, and try to improve myself, only way to get better

Well if you have a problem with eyes, is keep drawing them.
Practice, practice, PRACTICE!!!
Read up on some online tutorials, see if there are books that could look helpful in your local library Ask for help from you teacher...or friends you know who also draw.
That's all I could say that might be of any use, rally hope this helps in some way. :)

celestial_maiden1112
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to celestial_maiden1112

Old 03-19-2008, 10:22 PM

I love doing Eyes, I do all kinds of anime eyes and also Hair those things are my favorite. I hate doing Hands and Legs. I am so not good and doing those things but I am getting better because I am practicing more on that

[[.sheryl.]]
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-25-2008, 03:19 AM

I used to avoid drawing noses, hands, and feet xD I still do avoid feet a bit, but definitely not as often as I used to! I also hated drawing 3/4 faces, but now they're basically all I draw... heh...

I love drawing eyes, but I'm not that great at really anime-like ones...

Try this: (Rough anime eye tutorial drawn in MS Paint xD) http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p.../animeeyes.jpg

cayah
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-26-2008, 04:51 PM

For me the thing you want to do is get the whole face drawn but leave a good space for the eyes.

I usually draw bigger eyes since thats how is supposed to be.

first draw two lines small anough to be the bottom base, and have those apart( it really depends on how big the drawing is ) but have it look normal. They have to be at equal length that was one of my problems.

Next, above the lines leave a good space, but not to much if it is a boy. Then you want to draw something that looks like a wave but not to many squigglies. That is going to be the top base.

After that, you want to do the eyebrows, if you want to just do a doodle just have lines. But if you want it to be more serious draw really light lines where the eyebrows should be, ( light enough for you to see). Then draw little lines, stop when you think its enough.

Now, back to the eyes between the space, draw things that look like this ( , and this ) . Or you can do a loop you don't want the loop to touch the bottom, but you want it to be close.

After, fill in the eyes. Or you can draw another pair of rims smaller, and inside the outer lines. And after you can draw a small circle or oval for the pupil.

( or if you want to avoid the eyes make the bangs really long, that goes same for the nose and possibly mouth)

SINCE THAT MIGHT BE HARD TO UNDERSTAND JUST USE THESE PICS TO HELP YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!

OH AND IF YOUR DOING ONLINE WORK HERE YOU GO

Good luck with your drawings.