maidenroseheart
Can I please come down? ~Simple ...

Old 11-13-2011, 06:59 AM

Okay, so I have recently watched the first two seasons and barely started the third. I absolutely love it and wanted a place to gush over the amazingness of the show. While I am doing that, I would love to hear your input on the subject... and if there exists a person who doesn't like it... your welcome to say so.

First up is Lucy! Lucy is a very energetic woman who is not the best as what she does at first. In fact, she is pretty much a seemingly normal person who loves life. Bad luck does crop up on her and in fights she begins as useless. Sigh of relief because not everyone can be super good or super bad at their abilities. Having someone in the middle is really nice. Not too big on her thinking (truthfully though it may be) how cute and all she is. That seems a little self-centered. But in this anime, it seems everyone knows their strong points and flaunts them.

Now we have Natsu. At first I didn't like him. I thought he was a little clueless and kinda a hot-headed jerk. But you know what, as I watched the show I came to see that even the class-clown has a serious side and that though you at first may act nonchalant and stupid... you might actually be the best chance the world has. He turns out to be really good with fire. Also he cares about his guild and his friends above all else and fights the hardest to help them. He can keep going when everyone else has fallen unconscious.

What kind of fan would I be if I didn't mention Grey. This is one cool character, and I mean that is the ability sense. He seems to be an even match for Natsu, but in actual battle he is not the better of the two in that regard. However he also cares for his friends and despite his rather compulsive clothing disorder he seems normal, which again is nice. He is also a bit clueless... in the woman department.

The last one I am going to mention at the moment is Erza. She is one of the other main characters of this anime. Amazingly talented and strong, she is a survivor. Everyone fears her and rightly so. She is strong and her magical abilities are amazing. She is also smart and can figure out an opponents weakness relatively quickly. She has unconventional ways of helping Natsu and Grey, like punching them, but she cares deeply for her friends and will put her life on the line to stand between them and certain destruction. However she also has a fun side that is rarely seen during the first few episodes of her appearance. It later comes out how insecure she really feels as well as how much she likes acting.

Well that is all for now. I would love to discuss some of the other characters later. Comments and such welcome! If you haven't seen the show yet, I suggest you do. You will get your dose of good action and fun comedy all wrapped up in good portions.

Aerinn
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-13-2011, 08:28 PM

Hello~
I sorta stopped watching Fairy Tail, so excuse me if anything I put below is wrong. x-x

(first off I just wanted to mention that Lucy's paragraph is really hard to read. x_x )
I think Lucy's character is the way it is in order to leave room for improvement. It's usually nice to see a weak/useless/whatever-you-call-it person grow to become a stronger fighter and character in general. Plus we get that feel from Lucy already, since she left her family in order to experience independence. And since she's in a shonen series, I would think her cutesy thinking is just for giggles or facepalming. :sweat:

Natsu is the stereotypical dense, hot-headed protagonist that has deadly potential and rushes into things without thinking. I don't have much to say about him as a character outside of that. He develops to be a bit more mature when called for, but a lot of characters do that, and if he were to be too serious, we'd lose the original Natsu.

I sorta crushed on Gray for a while, but I think he and Natsu are birds of the same feather. He's also pretty irrational at times and stubborn, but when it's time to get serious he does just that. I give his stripping a big plus.

Erza is that good ol' kick-ass character with a troubled past. She's pretty jacked up from when the series begins and when she gets her gear on, we know that something's going down. I mean, I can't find a flaw for her that I dislike, so I'll leave it there.

I'm surprised you forget Happy. Especially after the arc about going back to the alternate universe, I've come to like Happy. He's a big dork but he's really sweet and will stand up for his friends despite being pretty weak. And we can't forget his signature "Aye!" :squee:

Uhm. Not sure what else to put. I like the series, but I haven't kept up with it... :sweat:

maidenroseheart

Old 11-13-2011, 11:08 PM

Yeah, the color was a bad color to use. Not doing that again ^_^

I love how it is obvious that Lucy has grown in two ways. The first being able to have all her keys activated to save Loki before the Spirit King. The second being the clock dude showing up on his own to save Lucy from the Anima.

It took me a lot of adjustment, but I have come to really like the Natsu. His comical side is hilarious and gives the show its funny side. Same with Gray.

I really, really should have mentioned Happy :) He is a very important character, if anything for the carefree attitude he displays. And he is super nice, even to those who aren't always nice to him.

I want to add that the Master, for all that he usually sits there and lets the guild have its fun, is a super cool character. He provides the guidance role and all. But when needed, he also provides the protective role.

gummi
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-14-2011, 06:00 PM

i like it, i only read the manga but did not see anime

maidenroseheart

Old 11-15-2011, 07:56 AM

You might enjoy the anime gummi: ... amazing music!! There are a lot of places online to watch them. Just google "Fairy Tail Episodes" and you will get several websites <3

gummi
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-15-2011, 01:57 PM

in that case i think i would watch it during the winter break
been busy with school so i had no free time to d other things....i have sooo many animes and dramas to catch up

maidenroseheart

Old 11-16-2011, 02:53 AM

lol, when you do, let me know and we can talk about it as you go through them :)

Melene

Old 12-13-2011, 06:30 PM

Yes, I absolutely love it! Who wouldn't in the world love such a movie full of comedy and magic! Normally, when I think of an anime or manga with genre of fantasy, magic and stuffs with potions etc, I would imagine something like a little magic girl or an adventurer little boy as the main character searching for something or beating some witches or wizards and that's the end of it! But Fairy Tail isn't that sort of just a boring adventure, it has a cool way of expressing teamwork and faithfulness. So, I thought that we'll be able to laugh and cry as much as we could for, and wish that Fairy Tail will NEVER END!

maidenroseheart

Old 12-14-2011, 03:27 AM

You said it so amazingly well! Trying to describe this world to others has been difficult for me. They usually raise an eyebrow and ask, "Like dragon tales"? This show has both the comedy that relieves my day as well as the suspense that keeps a person eager for the next episode. And the characters grow and gain more depth to their personality. Lucy becomes better. Natsu is a go lucky guy, but you soon learn he cares about his friends and to watch out when he gets serious. Erza is strong and like the police of the guild, but you learn quickly that she is just as human as the rest with her own fears and failures. And it isn't just another show where you follow one character or super hero team of 5. You start with one character, Lucy, and slowly a family is built with more and more characters that even though there is a lot, you feel like you know them all. A lot of the plot lines are original too. Original enough that I don't see the twist coming.

KittyCat18
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-15-2011, 08:23 AM

Watched the first five episodes so far and I'm liking it. It hasn't drawn me in as much as other anime have - but it's good!

maidenroseheart

Old 12-15-2011, 08:50 AM

I'm glad your liking it :) Let me know what you think later!

gummi
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-24-2011, 08:40 PM

i like it, but i only have read the manage not the anime

Rukia Kuchiki-
*^_^*
Send a message via MSN to Rukia Kuchiki-

Old 12-30-2011, 05:08 PM

Just zipped through the manga o.o; It's so amazing <3

maidenroseheart

Old 12-31-2011, 03:22 AM

I think you would really appreciate the anime. It had me laughing constantly. I try to read manga, but for some reason it is hard.

Karasu's Notebook
shinigamikarasu's mule

Old 12-31-2011, 07:48 PM

I just started the manga and I really like it so far.

Once I finish/catch up on some of my current ones, I'll watch the anime, too.

IndigoKitsune
Computer Bug

Old 12-31-2011, 08:47 PM

I am watching the anime, and I love it! But Funimation is taking forever to come out with new episodes on youtube. I am not sure, but I think they are waiting to see how well the first box set dose, at least I hope that is what they are doing, but I could be wrong.
I have also looked at the first manga and want to start reading it some times soon.

Last edited by IndigoKitsune; 12-31-2011 at 08:51 PM..

maidenroseheart

Old 01-01-2012, 01:36 AM

There are some online sites that play the anime if you are interested. Simply google fairy tail episode... add the number you want. There are several main anime sites that are hosting. You might have to try more than one. Some links on some of them are broken.

Lacrimosa
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-02-2012, 02:34 AM

Ahh I love Fairy Tail, I keep falling behind on it though. Jeez I'm back at like episode 20-something of the anime but just a few chapters behind on the manga.
For the anime, I LOVE the music. *__* I've not got the motivation to watch it though since it's so... watered down compared to the manga. I like listening to Happy though, so cute. <3 And for some reason I really like Lucy in the manga, but in the anime I found her terribly annoying. Maybe it's her voice..

maidenroseheart

Old 01-02-2012, 04:32 AM

She was really annoying for awhile. I agree there. However, as she grows up you can see the improvement. :)

Marsyas
Words are meaningless unless you...
Send a message via MSN to Marsyas

Old 01-04-2012, 09:54 AM

I absolutely LOVE Fairy Tail. I've seen every episode out to date and I read the manga as well (I started the latter after the former).

maidenroseheart

Old 01-04-2012, 10:16 AM

That is really neat. I have started season 3 but am having trouble finding sites that offer it online without broken links.

I might read the manga. You all have been giving me high reviews for it.

Marsyas
Words are meaningless unless you...
Send a message via MSN to Marsyas

Old 01-04-2012, 10:20 AM

Well I don't know how the seasons are spread out but I have two anime sites that I could refer you to to watch it without broken links if you'd like?

I like the manga but I prefer the anime personally simply because you can relate better to the characters and their emotions, as well as their growth. But the manga is good too, its just not as appealing to me as the anime.

maidenroseheart

Old 01-04-2012, 10:29 AM

I have a hard time reading manga, but if there is one that is really good then I am willing to try. Please give me the links! I would love to watch more! Season three starts around 100 or something like that.

Rukia Kuchiki-
*^_^*
Send a message via MSN to Rukia Kuchiki-

Old 01-05-2012, 09:00 PM

Love it~
Almost updated with the manga and have watched a little over half the anime.

maidenroseheart

Old 01-06-2012, 12:44 AM

That is pretty neat :) I am starting to really, really want to read the manga now. I am going to go look up how much they cost. I doubt I will be able to get to a library that has then any time soon.