Doodlekaboodle
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via MSN to Doodlekaboodle

Old 03-24-2007, 06:11 AM

A place to discuss everything Furuba. I personally have only read the manga, up to 15, because 16 has not been released yet ... grr..

so .. . anything about the series you would like to discuss?
Who, if you were tohru, would you have chosen?
or What would you have done in kyo's position, etc. :D

now, discuss!

Man
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-24-2007, 07:21 AM

I've only saw the anime, but I liked it. To catch up with everything else, I pretty much cheated and wiki'd it. :3 I really want to read the manga, since the story is more indepth there.

It was sort of surprising that Tohru went with--gah, I don't want to spoil it for other people xD--that "one guy." I thought she wasn't going to be with anyone. Or maybe Hana. >o> I don't really know what I'd do if I was in Kyo's position; probably just close myself up. :/ I had a lot of sympathy for Akito though.

Mentis

Old 03-24-2007, 09:44 AM

I love Fruits Basket!
I can't wait to read the next volume (16) but it took me ages just to find volume 15 :cry: it's annoying that there are only the 4 DVDs too.

Kongouseki
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-24-2007, 03:28 PM

i've only made it to book 6! if i was tohru, i would pick Kyo!
i've seen the anime though.

Doodlekaboodle
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-24-2007, 03:54 PM

^.^ I would probably choose Kyo in her position, too.

[ morph ]
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-24-2007, 04:13 PM

i've only just started it [ im on 5 or 6 think ] i saw the anime. so far the manga has impressed me more than the anime. i really didnt like the choices of voices for the english dub. Kyo & Yuki are my favorite characters.

Lachesia
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 03-25-2007, 04:07 AM

Sorry, small Spelling Nazi moment...it's Fruits Basket, not Fruit's Basket! D:

*flees the flying fruit*

That said, I rented the first anime disc today. I thought, "eh, what the heck, I've heard people say it's good." OMG, I fell in love. It's so sweet, fuzzy, and yet so full of heart and genuine, sincere emotion, that I just want to run out and see the rest of it right now. ^_^

I don't make a habit of reading manga, but I might, for this series.

stilettolover
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to stilettolover

Old 03-25-2007, 05:31 AM

The anime is excellent, but the manga is 100x better. I highly recommend reading it. You can DL the scanalations at Stoptazmo.com.

The manga is... beyond good. A lot of people complain that Tohru is just a big Mary Sue. Well.. read the manga. Reeeaaaad it.

There's a certain pairing I don't quite like because they don't develop the character enough but... So good.

Lachesia
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 03-25-2007, 05:47 AM

Aha. So she DOES end up with someone. I suspected she might, even after seeing just the first disc. Good for her.

I know, she seems like a Mary Sue on the surface, but in reality, there's so much undercurrent. She's so much more than that. As are they all.

Oooo. Downloading. Thanks for the site rec, Toxic, I'm so tempted, although it might kill my ancient computer. I'll see if my library has them first, although I'm sure the waiting list is approximately 78.3 people long. XD

Lady Star
*^_^*
Send a message via MSN to Lady Star

Old 03-25-2007, 05:32 PM

Where do I star with Furuba?! This is the first manga I got really addicted too. I have all the 15 vol. realessed in enlgish but I followed the story till the very end *so sad it's gone*. It's too bad Takaya-sensei had the injury and the art change a bit but still it's wonderfull!

I liked the anime but I didn't loved it. Too bad they made that wierd ending. After that there isn't any possibility of a second seasson for it.

stilettolover
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-25-2007, 07:12 PM

The art change was a smack in the face, but it did one good thing: show the characters changing. I prefered the original style, I felt the newer style it's harder to differentiate the characters, but hey, she finished the story even after she was told she might never draw again.

buffy606
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-25-2007, 08:09 PM

I love Fruits Basket! It's the best Anime and manga....Tohru and kyo are my fav. i cant wait for the last vol. to come out...so i can see how it all ends

Lady Star
*^_^*

Old 03-25-2007, 09:36 PM

I agree with you 100% stilettolover. They look so grown up but ti was so sudden. I also have such a hard time knowing who is who *hehe* Sometimes I just have to go back to make sure what character it's infront of me.

But still, I'm glad she finished it.

Elwing
(^._.^)ノ

Old 03-25-2007, 10:38 PM

I have seen a part of the anime, kinda weird story...
I still have to see the rest tho, I think I'll do that when I'm out
of anime ideas. =3

Divine Tempest
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-25-2007, 10:46 PM

• Shigeru and Momiji are both <3

stilettolover
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-25-2007, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffy606
I love Fruits Basket! It's the best Anime and manga....Tohru and kyo are my fav. i cant wait for the last vol. to come out...so i can see how it all ends
^^ The series ended in Japan. I posted a site earlier about where you can DL the scanalations if you don't want to wait for them to come out.

I still buy the volumes as they get released. The story is just amazing.

Lady Star
*^_^*

Old 03-26-2007, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stilettolover
I still buy the volumes as they get released. The story is just amazing.
Me too. vol. 16 comes out next month ^^

sam_doll
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to sam_doll

Old 03-26-2007, 05:31 PM

I love Fruits Basket! I bought the first five volumes of it, not knowing what the manga was about and now I have all the way up to Vol. 15 and I'm having a hard time waiting for 16 to come out. Though I know it's sometime next month.

Lennifer
*^_^*

Old 03-26-2007, 05:43 PM

Ahh Furuba. I haven't really got into it all that much, to be honest, I loved the concept, but I find it a little, cheesy, although, it's funny <3 It was one of the first manga I actually bought <3 And I got it as a reward so I kind of like the first the most <3

Although i think it's cute ^^ I liked the art much better in the beginning It gets a little stranger later on in my own opinion.

the storyling is quite cool though, as far as I have got in It, (which is book 6, but I've read some of the much more recent/later chapters) I like it, but some of it I find a bit, annoying. x) Other than that I like it.

I've got to read a bit more of it, but I thought it was a bit of a shame she chose Kyo, lol, no reason why really. xP (she did didn't she? X3)

stilettolover
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-26-2007, 07:56 PM

The art gets weird because the artist seriously injured her drawing hand.

Lady Star
*^_^*

Old 03-26-2007, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Do you know what was the accident? I know she was injured but I can't re-call what was it.

stilettolover
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-28-2007, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Star
Quote:
Do you know what was the accident? I know she was injured but I can't re-call what was it.
I don't remember. It's referred to as a "sickness". I know she needed to have the tendons in her hand repaired.

sapphireaster
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-29-2007, 09:01 PM

[.I have connections ;D
I get to read up to 21. On Saturday, my friends and I are going to have a big Furba marathon woot!
.]

Doodlekaboodle
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-29-2007, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphireaster
[.I have connections ;D
I get to read up to 21. On Saturday, my friends and I are going to have a big Furba marathon woot!
.]
wow, really?? lucky. .. I'm waiting on 16 coming out in around 9 days or so .. .

Cindy bear
ʘ‿ʘ
Banned

Old 04-02-2007, 05:16 AM

I love this anime. I cried on some episodes but I'm still a little shaky about the ending (somewhat confused about it too)