Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 12-26-2007, 10:54 PM

She gulped back a sob that had caught in her throat.
"Because I'm in love with you... I thought you might learn to love me..."

She turned away from him, letting her fresh tears slied down her face and watched the hit the concrete.

"Please, Aiden. I know you hate me, but I made a promise that no matter what I'd be there, right by your side. So please, don't just give up on me! I'll do whatever you want me to! I'll change my name, my looks, go into hiding! Whatever it takes to make you happy, so you can forget about this mess, but don't hate of me!"

Slade White
Dead Account Holder

Old 12-26-2007, 11:07 PM

"L-love?" he turned again, but, this time, he turned slowly and suspiciously. "Cherry, you're so stupid. So naive. For one, I do not hate you; if I hated you, I would not be trying to protect you from harm, and I would not be trying to protect you from myself."
He trudged over to the sobbing girl, grabbing her by her bare shoulders.
"Changing yourself will not make me happy, Cherry," he said. "I appreciate you the way you are, okay?"

Love was such a strong word to him. And, to think someone so different could fall in love with him was completely mind-blowing to him. His fangs became normal-sized, and his pupils turned from slits to human-like round circles; his eye color was that gorgeous blue color again. He continued to stare at her in bewilderment, his talonless fingers still grasping her skin. His lips parted slightly, as if he were deep in thought.

Abruptly, he let go of the red-headed girl, turning his back on her once again. He gulped down a lump of nerves caught in his throat, and begun searching for a way down.
"What would make me happy," he started again, his back still facing her. "Is if you would help me find a way out of here. We can discuss this matter later, when we get back home."

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 12-26-2007, 11:12 PM

Cherry looked up at him through her tears. She nodded. Then an idea popped into her mind. Something she had just realized.

She walked gracefully towards the side of the building, spread out her arms as if they were wings and lefted on foot, as if to step off the edge of the five story building. SHe sucked in a breath and prepared herself to leap. She wouldn't risk her friends life for this, so she decided to try alone.

Slade White
Dead Account Holder

Old 12-26-2007, 11:21 PM

As Cherry silenced, Aiden couldn't help but turn around. She never gave up that easily; nor did she take "we'll handle this later" as an answer. He saw her staring over the ledge; he assumed that she was just taking in how high up they were. The "mutt" almost turned around once again, until he saw the girl teetering on the edge.

"Cherry!" he ran over, wrapped his arms around her torso, and carried her a few steps back. "What the hell were you thinking?!"
He put her down slowly, staring at her with vigor, his eyes flashing red once or twice.

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 12-26-2007, 11:23 PM

"I think I figured out something!" she answered. "I think it can help us get us down from here."

She tried to pull herself away, to go back to the ledge, but Aiden wouldn't let her.

"Aiden! I really think I know the way down! But I've got to go first, okay? I've got to make sure that it's safe!"

Slade White
Dead Account Holder

Old 12-26-2007, 11:26 PM

"Whatever," he let her go. "Just don't get yourself killed."
He stepped back to allow Cherry to do whatever she had in mind, watching her carefully to make sure she'd be alright. That is, if he could help it.

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 12-26-2007, 11:32 PM

She stood on the edge again, prepared herself for the jump. Turned to give Aiden a thumbs up and jumped. For a few moments she fell through the air and then suddenly she was yanked upwards by some invisable force and let down gently. Her feet hit the ground and she looked back up to see if Aiden was looking down to her.

Slade White
Dead Account Holder

Old 12-26-2007, 11:36 PM

"What the hell was that?" he asked, noticing he used the word 'hell' whenever he was worried, stressed, or angry. In other words, he realized he said it too much. "How did you do that, I mean?"
He peered over the ledge, his hands gripping the side that she was on. A part of him wanted to jump before she explained, but it could be something that only Cherry could do. Instead of pondering it any farther, he stood.

"So, ah," he began, looking down at her. "Should I jump?"

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 12-26-2007, 11:39 PM

"Yup! I think it's safe for you to jump down now! I'll catch you!" She raised her hands above her head, as if to ready herself for the extra weight she was about to hold up."

Slade White
Dead Account Holder

Old 12-26-2007, 11:45 PM

He rolled his eyes at her, slightly smirking, as well.
"Get out of the way, stupid," he retorted, moving over so he wouldn't land on her. He jumped, his hair whipping the air around him like no tomorrow. One eyebrow was raised, as if he were just standing a normal room.
"When is it gonna-" he was yanked. "Catch... me..."

He landed on the ground, smoothing his hair down with his large hands. He did the same with his clothes, scoffing as he realized the rip in his jacket, shirt, and shoulder.
"Well, what now?" he asked, crossing his arms. "You seem to have good ideas about what's going on here."

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 12-26-2007, 11:49 PM

"Well, remembered something from a long time ago. Once when were little we climbed a tree. We climbed out on a branch together and started swing by our arms! Well, the branch broke but neither of us were hurt." She explained. "After that day, I've never been hurt when I've fallen. Not once. I always thought I was just lucky, but maybe it has to do with what I really am!"

Slade White
Dead Account Holder

Old 12-26-2007, 11:52 PM

((I'm getting out of here, because I'm having problems with my parents. And, for fear of punching the hell out of them, I'm gonna leave. I'll talk to you later.))

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 12-26-2007, 11:53 PM

((okay, when you be back on?))

Slade White
Dead Account Holder

Old 12-27-2007, 02:50 AM

"It may be! Your power is quite useful, I may add. Maybe you have some healing abilities thrown in there, too," he said, seeming to get excited. He cleared his throat, throwing on that same, stoic look he usually put on. Running a hand through his long, soft, raven-black hair, he took her by the hand once again.

"I don't know about you, but I'm eager to get home. This wound on my shoulder is gonna get infected if we don't get a move on, he rolled his eyes. "If I were a full vampire, I'd heal on my own. Or even a half vampire half demon! Stupid human side."
He twitched a bit, obviously angry with the weakness in him. Leading the girl through the unfamiliar streets, he scoffed a bit as he noticed they were on the poor side of town. His parents had never brought him here; nor did he ever think about venturing here on his own.

"Well... maybe someone will tell us where to go..." he said, sighing. "I doubt it, though. Some of the less wealthy people blame their misfortunes on people like me."

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 12-27-2007, 12:22 PM

"Aiden, we can't go to your house or mine! That's where my parents would expect us to go!" Cherry cried. She pulled at her friend's hand, trying to stop him but she wasn't nearly strong enough to.

"Aiden, we neede to find some place we can hide!"

Slade White
Dead Account Holder

Old 12-27-2007, 04:55 PM

"Well, you're probably right. But it's just as dumb to hide in an unfamiliar place, because they can attack us from any angle. They can ambush us at any given point, without us even expecting it. I don't know about you, Cherry," he said, his pupils turning to slits. "I don't want to be killed. More importantly, though, I do not hide."

He smoothed his long hair back with his fingers, somewhat manually brushing it. Cutting his eyes at her, he figured his ego was much less important than her life. Aiden knew, and he knew well, that Cherry had no idea what her powers were, let alone did she know how to use them. That could, potentially, become dangerous; especially since both of her parents seemed exponentially powerful.
"Well, okay. We'll hide. But only because I don't want you in harm's way. Where do you think we should go?" he asked, sighing heavily.

'I'm never ever going to a ball again,' he thought to himself, smirking a bit at his female counterpart.

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 12-27-2007, 05:02 PM

CHerry smirked. "We should hide in a motel! One of those really crappy ones! I'm sure my parents won't think to look for there! We'll stay there for a little while, just until we can find a more sutable for our living needs, room mate!" She giggled and squeezed her friends hands. "We should also get new clothes, we stick out wearing these!" She added, nodded at their ball attire.

Slade White
Dead Account Holder

Old 12-28-2007, 03:13 AM

"Oh, great," said the disgruntled man, sliding his hands in his jacket's pockets. "I have to stay in a crappy hotel, dressed in awful clothes, with you all night? Wooonderful. I'm almost too excited."
Taking the overly-excited girl by her hand, Aiden led her through the unfamiliar streets once again. Grimacing, the spoiled man stepped over puddles of oil and other unknown fluids. Aiden searched until he came across a small boutique of sorts, with half-decent, casual wear lining the walls. The clothes were a menagerie of colors, making the vampire recoil a bit.

"Okay, this'll have to do. Come on, hurry," he said, opening the door for the red head. As she was ushered in, he peeked around a rack of clothing to scope out a clerk. He found no one at all; not even the stench of human. His brow furrowed a bit, and he turned around to look at Cherry.

"Ah... Hellooooo?" he said loud enough to be heard by anyone in the store. "Hell-"
His shoulder was grabbed, and he turned quickly on his heel. A smiling man released him as their eyes met, and Aiden stepped back.

"May I help you, sir? Ma'am?" the clerk said, nodding to the both of them.

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 12-28-2007, 11:18 AM

[b]"Yes, we're in need of some new clothes, sir," CHerry said, gesturing towards their, Aiden and her's, clothes. "As you can see we've had a little rough of an evening."

"What on earth happened?" the clerk asked, now just noticing their ruined ball attire.

"We were in a little accident. Thank goodness that neither of us were harmed," Cherry said. The man looked at them in suspicion. "We were on the way to a wedding when our car slipped off the road. We're already late for the wedding, the least you can do is help us get some decent clothing so we don't look like trash when we go to explain to my
sister
why we missed her wedding!"

The clerk's eyes widened. "Oh, my! I'm so sorry! Yes, I can help you. Please, come this way."

Cherry smiled, then turned to Aiden. "Hook, Line and sinker!" she whispered with a grin. "This guy fell for it!"[/b]

Slade White
Dead Account Holder

Old 12-28-2007, 06:28 PM

Aiden placed his hand over his friend's mouth as the clerk turned around to check on him.
"Don't jinx us, dear," he said. He meant about saying it was a lie, but the clerk assumed he meant the wreck. "She is correct, though, sir. Could you be so kind as to assist us?"

"Of course. I commend you two for still trying to get to that wedding," said the clerk, sifting through the clothes' racks. "Your sister is lucky to have you, ma'am."

"She sure is," Aiden said, smiling. As the clerk handed him a suit, he smirked. "This'll fit well, I'm sure. Could you point me in the direction to your dressing rooms, sir?"

"Of course," and he did so. The clerk rolled an entire rack of beautiful dresses out, wheeling them over to Cherry. "These look about your size, ma'am. Please choose whichever suits your fancy, hm?"

Slowly peeling his white shirt off of his sweaty, bloody body, Aiden winced. The large wound on his shoulder had begun scabbing over; the minor ones were very close to being healed. He tore his, now useless, old shirt, wrapping it around his shoulder, just in case the scab started to bleed. He placed layer over layer on his body, finishing by sliding his old shoes and belt on. Sweeping up and gathering his old clothes from the floor, he emerged from the changing room.
"Alright," Aiden announced as he exited. "I'm ready. Where's your trashcan, sir?"
He maneuvered around the racks of clothes in order to toss his used clothes, and then back around to stand near Cherry.
"Made a decision yet, dear?"

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 12-28-2007, 06:51 PM

This time CHerry chose a bright green evening gown and a pair of sandles to go with it. She made sure that she had the necklace Aiden had given her. She turned to smile at Aiden. "Yes, dear, I've decided on this one!" She said in a loving mannner.

"Oh, you two make a great couple, when do you two think you'll get engaged?" the clerk asked.

"Oh, we are engaged, I haven't gotten a ring eyt, because he wants me to decide which one I would like best! HE is the sweetest! Aren't you sweet-heart!?"

Slade White
Dead Account Holder

Old 12-28-2007, 07:06 PM

Aiden almost choked on his own saliva as Cherry said they were engaged. And that he was going to let her choose the ring.
"That's right, love," he said, slightly twitching as he turned to her. "Now, hurry on and get changed so we're not late. I'm sure they'd understand, but, boy, do we have stories to tell!"
Nodding, he ushered the girl to the dressing room. It was disgusting him to keep lying; to act so pleasant; to be even hypothetically involved with this girl. As soon as they arrived somewhere out of the public's eye, he would have to give her a stern 'talking to'.
"She's such a... joy," said Aiden to the clerk.

"I could imagine so, sir! You two seem to really click."

"Yep. We click, mhmm."

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 12-28-2007, 07:17 PM

Cherry quickly changed her clothes and returened to stand by Aiden. She was eager to contiue with her newest scheme to upset Aiden,.

"Let's go, cupcake!" she said. Grinning up at Aiden's face, batting her eyes in a girly manner.

Slade White
Dead Account Holder

Old 12-28-2007, 07:31 PM

"I told you not to call me 'cupcake' in public, dearest. Now let's get out of this man's hair and to that altar, shall we?" he took the girl's hand after paying the clerk. "Keep the change, sir. Thanks for your help."
Aiden trudged out of the store nonchalantly, pulling Cherry aside as he heard the 'ding' of the door.

"Okay, I commend your story-telling abilities, Cherry, but there was no need in taking it so far," he said, pulling her along. "Now we're in even flashier clothing and we have to get into a hotel without being seen."
He let his hand raise to his face, and rubbed it downward. A sigh left his lips, and he stopped for a moment, checking his surroundings.

"There's one. Is it disgusting enough for you, hm?"

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 12-28-2007, 07:38 PM

"Is it for you!?" she asked in a mocking tone. "I think it's fine, but we should check in as one person! It'll be safer if only you signed into the hotel, that way if my parents do come her, they'll be looking for two people!" SHe grabbed his hand and started pulling him towards the hotel.[/b]