xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 03-04-2014, 11:27 AM

The turtle neck can be rounded on the corners to make it softer.
and the vertical lines may need to curve according to the contour of our curvy body.

Libra
the Galaxy Fairy
Mini Pixelite

Old 03-04-2014, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummy View Post
aw, very cute =) ask Maria about tweaking her nemesis dress <3
Like taking her dress and playing around with the design or shading? I don't feel comfortable with that idea... Taking another person's art and tweaking stuff about it is considered frankendolling, and that's basically ingrained in my head as a big no no.

Now, if both of us made a dress together (from the beginning process) then I wouldn't mind it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dystopia View Post
I love that skirt.
Thank you! I think you've come in here and mentioned that before. I think I have the skirt perfect, I want to make a silk shirt that goes with it, perhaps even a waist belt and then I'll call it quits on this piece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xuvrette View Post
The turtle neck can be rounded on the corners to make it softer.
and the vertical lines may need to curve according to the contour of our curvy body.
Click on thumbnail for full view
This wasn't exactly my reference, but this is a good example of what I was trying to go for.

I took the turtleneck's edge pixel off to make it look less square, but I don't think I understand what the problem is about the ribs in the sweater not being curvy enough. They do taper off at the bottom.

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 03-04-2014, 04:51 PM

It is the breast.
Because of your overall outline of the shirt is very tight, the curve shape on the breast and how it flare beneath is much obvious.

The picture you showed, is a front view, not quarter view, front view tend not to show as much curve. But if you look closely, you can still see there are slight curve on the vertical lines. The picture shirt is looser than your pixel one though.
The closer to the outer line, the more it should follow the outer line contour. The middle ones would be straight.

Libra
the Galaxy Fairy
Mini Pixelite

Old 03-04-2014, 05:29 PM

Hmm.

So the one of the left is the one where I made the lines more curvy and curving towards the left. You might not notice much on her breasts, since when I made those different, the ribs for the sweater looked more pointy. In the end I left the breast ones mostly the same. The red one shows how I actually did the ribs.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 03-04-2014, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClariusFlorina View Post
Like taking her dress and playing around with the design or shading? I don't feel comfortable with that idea... Taking another person's art and tweaking stuff about it is considered frankendolling, and that's basically ingrained in my head as a big no no.

Now, if both of us made a dress together (from the beginning process) then I wouldn't mind it.

Thank you! I think you've come in here and mentioned that before. I think I have the skirt perfect, I want to make a silk shirt that goes with it, perhaps even a waist belt and then I'll call it quits on this piece.

Click on thumbnail for full view
This wasn't exactly my reference, but this is a good example of what I was trying to go for.

I took the turtleneck's edge pixel off to make it look less square, but I don't think I understand what the problem is about the ribs in the sweater not being curvy enough. They do taper off at the bottom.

Hummy meant for you to ask me how long it too for me to tweak the "nemesis" dress here on mene. :P because you mentioned not being satisfied with your items even after tweaking. My damn dress took me over a year to finish and I'm still not 100% satisfied with it :P I have over 60 edits of the thing XDD *should really make a picture that shows all the progression* lol

I started calling it the "dress of doom" - when it was finally done, Jelly called it "nemesis" :P

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 03-04-2014, 06:47 PM

*tilts head*
*:/*
Maybe pixel is too small to show the detailness of the curve.
Oh well.
I am too lazy to research now. x.x

Libra
the Galaxy Fairy
Mini Pixelite

Old 03-04-2014, 07:07 PM

Quote:
*tilts head*
*:/*
Maybe pixel is too small to show the detailness of the curve.
Oh well.
I am too lazy to research now. x.x
Yeah, the only way I can achieve what your talking about would be to widen the ribs, which would change the piece to much for my taste. I do plan on making shirts with vertical stripes that will be 2 pixels thick, but I want that to be a shirt not a sweater.

That's the other hard part about making clothes, you have to decide what's more important: including every single detail or a simplistic look, or something in between. I'm trying to go the more simplistic route.

@maria: Ah, yeah after about the 10th version I save I consider it finished lol. I also don't save every version I make though.

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 03-04-2014, 07:25 PM

Still think the turtle neck rather stiff... x.x

I don't think I can be much help unless I am willing to move my lazy ass.
Making me sounds like a ignorant ass posting around nitpicky on other people's hardwork. XD

If you think it is fine, then it is fine.

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 03-04-2014, 10:53 PM

Have I? Sometimes I lose track of my posts. @___@

I like your office-y items in general tho.

Libra
the Galaxy Fairy
Mini Pixelite

Old 03-07-2014, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Still think the turtle neck rather stiff... x.x

I don't think I can be much help unless I am willing to move my lazy ass.
Making me sounds like a ignorant ass posting around nitpicky on other people's hardwork. XD

If you think it is fine, then it is fine.
I mean, that's what I wanted with the turtle neck. Something big and upright. I think we've had the conversation before that I listen to everyone's comments and critiques, but half the time I don't implement them because they are something I specifically didn't want the piece to become. Some things I will change, but some things I've changed like 10 times before I posted it so I know it turned out like crap when I tried it originally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dystopia View Post
Have I? Sometimes I lose track of my posts. @___@

I like your office-y items in general tho.
Maybe you haven't? Maybe I was wrong? Haha, who knows.

I think I need to reorganize the front post again... >_>

Last edited by Libra; 03-07-2014 at 07:34 PM..

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 03-09-2014, 07:38 PM

I understand that.
I just wish I can convey my message better.

Libra
the Galaxy Fairy
Mini Pixelite

Old 03-12-2014, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClariusFlorina
Current Project: Rooms

Version 1

Version 2 Dark Trim ~ Version 2 Light Trim
New thing I'm working on: Mene rooms/hallways.

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 03-12-2014, 10:56 PM

I like the indoors backgrounds. We def need more indoors backgrounds!

Libra
the Galaxy Fairy
Mini Pixelite

Old 03-12-2014, 11:46 PM

Thank you! I'm trying to decide between making some wall paper, or just putting in some stripes to make it more interesting.

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 03-13-2014, 02:14 AM

I really like the way version 2 of those walls looks. We definitely need more interior wall options, and having plain colors, with light and dark trim options is great!

If you go for wallpaper or patterns, might I suggest thin vertical pinstripes? I tend to prefer subtle and subdued patterns for walls.
Or what about some wall decals? That might be a fun way to add patterns or designs, without having to fully commit to wallpaper patterns.

Also, I love your sweaters, the pencil skirt, and the peacock feather hair pin! (I so miss the days of Mene hairpins.)

Last edited by Chexala; 03-13-2014 at 06:16 AM..

Libra
the Galaxy Fairy
Mini Pixelite

Old 03-13-2014, 02:35 AM

Thanks Chexala! Haha, I love my thick stripes, but I'll definitely see what I can do about some pinstripes too. Wall decals, what a cute idea! They would be perfect for the background too, considering most have minimal colors to them.

Yeah, I'd like to see more hairpins as well. I mean, I see why hats are so useful, at least they are wearable on both genders.

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 03-13-2014, 03:21 AM

Thick stripes are good too! I saw a photo of a room recently that had thick white and yellow stripes on the walls, and it was pretty neat looking.

Yeah, hairpins aren't very gender neutral, so I see why they stopped making them as EIs. They seemed to stop making them as commons too though, which is sad to me.

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow

Old 03-14-2014, 07:39 AM

oh wow i love all those rooms 'makes grabby hands' are you gonna make them like a set where we can use them all 'bright eyed look' and i LOVE THE LIGHTS.. oh gods.. GIVE MEH THE ROOMS haha.

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 03-16-2014, 01:35 AM

Those rooms are fantastic! I would love to see that become an item available to use!

Dustywebs
Greetings Traveler!

Old 03-17-2014, 03:42 PM

The room looks good. Other than that naked doll wallpaper. I'm not really into that....

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Send a message via Yahoo to Cardinal Biggles

Old 03-20-2014, 07:21 AM

I really love the idea behind the sconces!

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow

Old 03-20-2014, 02:14 PM

Makes me anxious to see them in a ci or ei or even just a shop where we can buy 'wall papers' like that..

Libra
the Galaxy Fairy
Mini Pixelite

Old 03-20-2014, 04:31 PM

Thanks everyone! I think it'd be great to have a separate shop just for room stuff like this. Maybe every season change out the inventory and add in new wallpapers/wall decals/lighting/windows/window treatments!

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 03-20-2014, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libra View Post
Thanks everyone! I think it'd be great to have a separate shop just for room stuff like this. Maybe every season change out the inventory and add in new wallpapers/wall decals/lighting/windows/window treatments!
I fully endorse this idea of a home goods shop!

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 04-22-2014, 06:29 PM

what garter belts? I NEED THOSE JEANS