Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 04-17-2009, 02:50 AM

An Elven Love Story

The year is 1342.
In the Medieval world of Antronesia, live elves of all nature - Dark Elves, Light Elves, Season Elves, Garden Elves, Healer Elves, and every race of elf you can imagine. Each Elven Race have their own Kingdoms within Antronesia. In the Kingdom of Winterglade, live the elves whose skin is silver like the moonlight and whose hair is as white as freshly fallen snow. These elves are known to the world as the Elves of Winter. They reside in Winterglade, the land of pleasant cold weather and snow, year round; only to leave once a year to the Human World to work their winter magic upon the land.

In the Kingdom of Winterglade, bordering the Kingdom of Elimlee, there live two teenage Winter Elves named Dimitrius Cardei and Emelaide Ioveanu. Dimitrius was a talented snow wielder who could create the prettiest of snowfalls in the blink of an eye. Emelaide, on the other hand, was better suited to wielding the ice making the temperatures lower.

These two elves began working together at the age of fourteen, and over the last few years, have grown to have strong feelings for one-another. However, when a chance meeting brings Dimitrius face to face with a Spring Elf from the Kingdom of Elimlee, Dimitrius begins to wonder how strong his regard for Emelaide is, as well as beings to form feelings for the young Spring Elf named Ariala Gallagher.

The Winter Elves of Winterglade

~Art drawn by meervahl from Gaia Online~
Dimitrius Cardei
  • Human Age: 17 | Elf Age: 126
  • Long white hair, usually pulled back in a ponytail at the base of his neck
  • Crystal Blue Eyes
  • Generally dresses in light blues and whites

~Art drawn by meervahl from Gaia Online~
Emelaide Ioveanu
  • Human Age: 17 | Elf Age: 126
  • Short white hair, layered, cut at her shoulders, front strands generally braided and pulled back by an Ice-crystal pin at the crown of her head
  • Sapphire Blue Eyes
  • Generally wears mid-thigh skirts, mid-calf boots, elegant blouses; all in different shades of blues

The Spring Elves of Elimlee

~Art drawn by Olympia_Aurion from Gaia Online~
Ariala Gallagher
  • Human Age: 16 | Elf Age: 119
  • Waist length blond hair that curls in tight ringlets, normally held up in a high ponytail
  • Deep Green Eyes with Golden Flecks
  • Dresses in as many florals as possible without seeming to crazy

~Art drawn by colorful set~
Erreminette Flynn
  • Human Age: 16 | Elf Age: 119
  • Bright Red Hair that flows half way down her back in thick waves
  • Chocolate Brown Eyes
  • Dresses usually in green colors

~Art drawn by Olympia_Aurion from Gaia Online~
Marreck O'Sullivan
  • Human Age: 16 l Elf Age: 123
  • Wavy, chocolate brown hair that hangs to his shoulders
  • Deep Brown Eyes
  • Dresses in trousers mostly, very plain shirts. He never bothers with dressing to fancy.

Last edited by Emma Corrin; 05-18-2011 at 03:33 AM..

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 04-17-2009, 03:06 AM

It was a calm late afternoon as Dimitrius and Emelaide walked hand in hand through the woods of Corinsglade, the town which laid on the border between the Kingdoms of Elimlee and Winterglade. The snow was gently falling around the couple, barely registering on their snow white hair.

Emelaide smiled up at Dimitrius as they walked, happy to simply be walking with him on their day off of work. Each had taken apprentice jobs with a master of their respective talents to better prepare themselves for the work ahead of them in the Human World. For in the Human World, Winter was almost over and they had to prepare one final snow storm that would end Winter with a bang. "Dimitrius?"

"Yes Emelaide?" Dimitrius said softly as he slipped his arm around her waist, pulling her close to his side.

"Do you ever wonder what the Human World is like? This storm is the first we've ever been a part of, I'm nervous to go to Earth... What if I muck up everything and make too much ice or don't lower the temperature enough and everything starts to melt. Or what if I lower it too much? Wh-"

Dimitrius placed a finger against Emelaide's lips as he stopped and turned her towards him. Smiling, he placed a gentle kiss upon her forehead and whispered softly, "Don't worry, Emelaide, everything will be perfectly fine. Has your Master said anything to distress you so on the matter?" He inquired as he removed his finger to brush a strand of hair that had blew into her face back behind her ear.

"Well, no, not exactly.."

"Then why worry? You know very well you'll do fine Em, just trust your magic and let it guide you."

Emelaide laughed, "You sound so philosophical when you speak like that!"

Dimitrius simply smiled, "My Master taught me that. How else do you think I perfected my talent so quickly?"

Emelaide rolled her eyes as they began walking once more. Giggling softly as the snow picked up and began to fall with heavier flakes, she bumped her hip against his and said softly, "Show off."

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 04-17-2009, 03:18 AM

Ariala danced in circles around her best friend, Erreminette. "Will you calm down?" Erreminette said though the red haired girl had a smile on her face as her friend showered her with flower petals.

"But its so exciting." Ariala said. "Only one more snow storm then we can shower the Human World with sun and flowers and trees." She said, leaving flowers raising from the ground where her feet had been.

"I know." Erreminette said, catching up in the excitement of the coming Spring. "Though I think I'm pretty well tired out from caring to the Castle Grounds."

The girls twirled into the forest that connected the Kingdoms of Winterglade and Elimlee. The flowers and trees brightened as the girls danced through the woods. The woods opened up to a large meadow. Where the young girls twirled, filling the meadow with fresh flowers.

"Let's go back Ariala." Erreminette said as they ventured closer to the border of the Kingdoms. "Its chilly from the Winter here." Ariala nodded in agreement and the two girls began to wander back not realizing how close they had been to meeting the Winter Elf couple.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 04-17-2009, 04:03 AM

Dimitrius grinned as he whispered into Emelaide's ear, "Mmm, but you know you adore my snow falls."

Emelaide blushed, "That I may, but there is something I love much more than the snow fall."

Dimitrius laughed as he pulled her in front of him and wrapped his arms around her waist, "Really? What's that?"

Emelaide grinned as she stood on her toes, her hand slipping around his neck, brushing her nose against his, "You know perfectly well what."

Dimitrius smiled as he pulled her close with his left hand as his right slid into her hair, pulling her in for a passionate kiss, "That, perhaps?"

With a slight nod, Emelaide brought her lips back to Dimitrius'.

Dimitrius laughed as he kissed her forehead, "Come, Emelaide, the storm is set for the day after tomorrow. We must head back to town and finish the preparations."

"Yes, of course. Mother will probably be worried due to my being gone so long," Emelaide said with a soft laugh.

"You're probably right," Dimitrius nodded as he added teasingly, "especially since you're with me."

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 04-17-2009, 04:24 AM

Ariala's breathing had become harsher by the time the two girls had gotten home considering they had danced their way there, working their magic to leave flowers in a path behind them. "Ariala." Her mother called from the canopy of trees.

The girls glanced up into the treehouses to see the houses suspended above the ground in the trees with rope bridges that weave through the trees in complicated patterns. "You first." Erreminette said to her friend, gesturing to the rope ladder hanging down from the trees.

The girls climbed to their village in the trees, fully tired after the dancing and the climb. "Ariala!" called a boy from across one of the rope bridges, he was fair skinned with lush brown hair and deep green eyes. "Tired?" he asked upon closer look.

"Never, Marreck" Ariala said, supressing a yawn from her childhood friend. "I'm perfectly fine, just a little worn out." But her facade was fading quickly as a stifled yawn escaped.

"You should get to bed, Ariala." Marreck said, "Spring's coming soon and you'll need all the strength you can get." Marreck smiled a wide smile before ushering Ariala into her hut in the trees.

Someday... Marreck promised, watching her. Someday you'll be mine...

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 04-17-2009, 04:43 AM

Emelaide sighed as she stood on the step leading to her ice cottage, "Tomorrow morning then?"

Dimitrius smiled as he stepped up onto the step and placed a kiss on her lips, "Definitely."

As Dimitrius kissed Emelaide again, Emelaide's father called from inside the house, "Em? Is that you? Come in for dinner! You'll see Dimitrius tomorrow. Say goodnight and hurry into the house."

Emelaide blushed as she called, "Yes father! I'll be right there!" Turning back to Dimitrius, she smiled, "Goodnight."

"Goodnight Em, sleep well," he said softly as he kissed her cheek before stepping back. Giving a small wave and a smile, Dimitrius headed down the lane towards his own cottage.

Emelaide smiled as she gave one last look at him before heading into the cottage for a family dinner and a pleasant sleep, looking forward to the following morning when her beloved Dimitrius walked with her to her Master's cottage for last minute preparations for the coming storm.

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 04-17-2009, 04:57 AM

The next morning Ariala awoke to the sun streaming onto her bed through the slightly crooked window. She yawned, sitting upward then wobbling slightly due to a headrush. "Morning already?" Ariala said to no one in paticular.

"Ariala, hurry up!" Erreminette called from the doorframe. "We have to practice for after the storm. Master is waiting for us." With that, Ariala managed to leap out of bed at a suprising speed that human eyes would've missed.

"I'm up, I'm up." Ariala mumbled to herself more then Erreminette.

The two girls sprinted off to the castle which sat just below the canopy village to practice their Springtime Magic.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 04-17-2009, 05:13 AM

Dimitrius, who happened to live alone due to his parents living in the Castle as aids to his Majesty the King of Winterglade, sighed as he got out of bed and walked out of his room, heading towards the front door, from which small knocks could be heard.

Dimitrius groaned as he neared the door, "Who is it and what could you possibly want this early in the morning?"

Emelaide laughed as the door opened. Throwing her arms around his neck, she stepped inside the cottage as she placed her lips against his, "Mornin' sleepy-head!"

Dimitrius smiled as he wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her close as he shut the door, "Mornin'. What are you doing up so early?"

"The better question is, what are you doing still in bed so late?" she inquired with a grin. Stepping out of his grasp, she skipped over to the kitchen and began making his breakfast, "Now you hurry and get ready, the Master won't appreciate you being late, neh?"

Smiling, he walked over to her, slid his hands around her waist from behind, and placed a kiss on her cheek, "Mm, quite right, love. Nothing too big, alright? I'm not that hungry."

Emelaide nodded as Dimitrius stepped away and headed towards the bathroom to shower and brush his teeth, calling after him in her sing-song voice, "Toast and jam alright?"

"Whatever you like, Em," Dimitrius called back as he shut the door and turned on the water.

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 04-17-2009, 05:27 AM

Ariala skipped lightly to the field where the Master was waiting while Erreminette walked beside her. "Where do you get all this energy Ariala?" She asked, still rubbing the sleep out of her eyes.

"What can I say? Its a gift." Ariala answered. She could feel the familiar warmth of magic spreading through her from her head to her toes, which had begun to leave flowers sprouted where she had been.

"Ariala, Erreminette!" A familiar voice shouted from behind them. The girls turned to see Marreck running to catch up with them. He darted like an arrow, gaining speed at an unbelievable pace, that only elf eyes would've been able to see.

"Marreck!" Ariala said, throwing her arms around him in a friendly embrace. "I have an idea, let's all go to the meadow today, after practice that is."

"And what would we do?" Erreminette asked, finally seeming to be awake.

"Hide and Seek of course." Ariala said joyfully.

"You're so childish." Marreck said teasingly. He winked quickly at Ariala to let her know he was joking. "I'm game. How about you Erreminette?" he asked, turning the the red head.

"Alright." She said, "But let's get through practice first."

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 04-17-2009, 05:43 AM

Tying his hair back with a ribbon, Dimitrius walked out of his room dressed in white pants, a white jacket, and a light blue button up shirt.

Emelaide, dressed in a light blue skirt, a white blouse, and a light blue zip-up jacket, smiled as she placed a plate of toast on the table where Dimitrius had sat, "Blueberry Jam I presume?"

"Of course, what better flavor?"

Emelaide laughed as she placed the Blueberry Jam beside Dimitrius' plate before returning to the counter to grab her own plate and jam, "Strawberry."

Dimitrius simply smiled as he spread the jam onto his toast, "I'll never agree."

"And I'll never listen," Emelaide said with a laugh as she took a bite of her toast smothered with Strawberry Jam.

The two talked of the oncoming storm and their plans for the coming off-season as they ate their meal, did the dishes, and headed out towards the Masters' College Villa, the home of all the Winterglade Masters.

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 04-17-2009, 05:59 AM

"Students." The Master said calmly and though he had spoken quietly all of the students were silent and eager for his teachings. "Spring is coming quickly and the Winter Elves are preparing themselves as well for their last storm of the season." He paused, "Therefore, we shall be preparing as well." The class was leaned forward listening carefully to the Master's every word. "We'll be practicing lotus trees today. Remember to focus on your goal."

The students split and each went to their own spot to grow their trees. Naturally, Ariala had gotten her tree to sprout first, carefully bring the seedling from the ground. She had always been best in her class. "Well done Ariala." Master praised her. She smiled at the praise but it quickly vanished after a jealous glance from Erreminette.

She would get it, Miss Know-It-All... Erreminette thought to herself then immediately felt regret. She shouldn't be jealous of her best friend. Even if she does always grow her plant first...

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 04-17-2009, 06:17 AM

With a kiss on the cheek, Dimitrius left Emelaide to attend the seminar held by Master Kioplian, the Master of Precipitation.

All through the seminar Dimitrius lead the class in their examples of hail and snow for he was Master Kioplian's apprentice. The Master was getting quite old, even for an Elf, and would soon be passing and becoming one with the mountain that looked over the Kingdom of Winterglade. Therefore, he had begun looking after his students' work in hopes of finding a replacement among them, in which he found Dimitrius and immediately took him on to train him for the position of Master.

However, in Emelaide's class, Emelaide struggled to keep her temperatures down to the right temperature for the proper amount of time. Although she was second in the class, she became quite nervous in front of the Master, which in turn caused her magic to slip up here and there.

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 04-17-2009, 06:02 PM

Marreck glanced with envy at Ariala's blooming lotus tree, nearly fully grown. How she could use her magic so quickly was beyond him. His own tree, along with many others' in the class, was barely a foot tall. He saw Erreminette giving Ariala a jealous look when the Master had praised her.

"Focus, Marreck." The Master said to him. Pondering about Ariala's magic and Erreminette's jealousy had distracted him from his lotus tree which had begun to wither slightly.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 04-17-2009, 06:47 PM

"..and you must focus on the upcoming storm. We cannot have any slip-ups that will mess with balance," continued Master Zephirla, the Master of Freeze.

"Yes, Master Zephirla," replied the class in unison before gathering their things and heading out of the lecture hall.

Sighing, Emelaide walked out of the room, not even noticing Dimitrius leaning against the wall across from the door.

Dimitrius laughed as Emelaide rounded the corner without even noticing him and quickly ran after her. Slipping his arm around her waist, he inquired softly, "Rough day?"

"I hardly know where to begin.. You know how nervous I get in front of the Masters," said Emelaide softly as she rested her head against his shoulder.

"Aye, that I do. Don't worry, love, everything will be fine comes tomorrow. How about we relax and skip lecture this afternoon to have a picnic in the woods, sound good?"

"Sounds perfect," Emelaide said with a grin as her arm slid around his waist and walked out of the Masters' College Villa.

Smiling, the couple walked in such a way in silence, simply enjoying each others' company.

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 04-17-2009, 07:02 PM

"Thank goodness that's over with." Erreminette sighed to herself as the three friends left the class. "I'm drained, I just hope I'll be prepared to handle Spring." She mumbled, tired from the long class.

"Its not so bad." Ariala said even though she herself was feeling worn out.

"Says the elf who grew her lotus tree first." Marreck said teasingly, wrapping an arm around Ariala's shoulders in what he hoped came off as just a friendly gesture. His feelings for Ariala were growing every day but he would be mortified if she found out before he was ready to tell her.

"Do you guys still want to play hide and seek?" Ariala asked, "I'll understand if you guys want to duck out." She wanted to go the meadow badly but she didn't want to rub it in how she had so much energy left.

"I still want to go." Erreminette said, "Let's get some lunch before we go though. I'm starved."

Marreck forced a smile. He had been hoping for a day alone with Ariala.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 04-17-2009, 07:14 PM

Dimitrius laughed as he watched Emelaide raid the cupboards of his cottage, "Em, love, you're not going to find much. Why don't we just go to your place and find something?"

Emelaide shook her head as she piled more food into the basket on the table, "We can't, then father will know I skipped this afternoon and he'll be terribly furious with me."

Dimitrius simply smiled, "Aye, that's true. Though, you do realize we're only going for the afternoon?"

Laughing, Emelaide added a few more items before closing the basket, "Yes, but I'm starved!"

Laughing as he stood up, Dimitrius walked over to Emelaide, kissed her cheek, and picked up the basket, "I can tell."

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 04-17-2009, 07:27 PM

After a lunch of sandwiches, the three friends headed towards the forest with Ariala skipping slightly ahead of the other two leaving a path of flowers behind her.

"Ariala, don't leave us behind." Erreminette said, shaking her head lightly at her friend. Erreminette began running in circles at an inhuman speed around her best friends.

"Show off!" Ariala said, teasing her friend.

Marreck, who had been watching the two girls silently, caught up in the excitement and began running at full speed towards the forest. "Race you to the meadow!" He yelled behind him.

"No fair!" Ariala yelled back, running so fast that her feet barely touched the ground.

"Cheater! No head starts!" Erreminette yelled, chasing after her best friends.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 04-17-2009, 07:48 PM

Emelaide smiled as she laid down the blanket upon the freshly fallen snow. Taking the basket from Dimitrius, she immediately set about laying out the plates filled with food such at grapes, cheese, bread, jam, apples, carrots, and other such fruits and vegetables. Sitting down beside Dimitrius, she kissed his cheek as she looped her arms through his, resting her head upon his shoulder, "I love you."

"I love you too, Emelaide," Dimitrius said with a smile as he lovingly tucked her hair behind her ear and placing a kiss upon her forehead.

"What say you to a game of cards while we eat?" said Emelaide with a grin, pulling out her very worn deck of cards from years of playing together.

Dimitrius grinned as he layed down on his side pulling over a plate of grapes as he propped himself up on his elbow, "You know perfectly well I'll accept."

Grinning, Emelaide sat cross-legged on the blanket, facing towards Dimitrius, and began dealing out the cards for a game of War.

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 04-17-2009, 07:55 PM

"Ha!" Erreminette roared triumphantly. "I win!" Though her magic wasn't nearly as advanced as Ariala's, Erreminette was the fastest elf of the group.

"Of course you do." Ariala said, her breath came faster after the long run.

"You always win." Marreck said, a bit sour because he had wanted to show off for Ariala.

"I'm seeker!" Erreminette said then ducked her head into her hands and began counting. "One, two, three..."

Ariala giggled happily then ran for the trees that sat closer to the edge of the border between the Spring and Winter kingdoms. She crouched down and moved quietly backwards, shuddering slightly from the cold.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 04-17-2009, 08:02 PM

Emelaide's highly sensitive ears twitched as the snow crunched under something's feet a few yards away.

Dimitrius, noticing Emelaide's uneasiness, looked up from the game and inquired, "Something wrong?"

"There's something out there.. probably just an animal, nothing to worry about I'm sure. Still.. I get an uneasy feeling.." she said more to herself than to Dimitrius.

Standing up, Dimitrius set down his cards, "I'll go take a look, you stay here alright?" he said as he placed a kiss on Emelaide's head.

With a nod, she watched Dimitrius set off into the small patch of woods as she called, "Alright, but be careful! I think it's an animal that wandered too far away from Elimlee!"

"I will!" he called back shortly before he completely disappeared from Emelaide's sight.

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 04-17-2009, 08:11 PM

Ariala smiled at her great hiding place. Erreminette would never find her. The wind shifted and she huddled closer into herself. How do the Winter Elves handle this cold? She wondered to herself.

A sound from behind Ariala startled her and she let out a small gasp. Probably nothing... She thought. But when she turned she saw an elf walking towards her. The breath caught in her throat as she took in the elf boy.

The boy stood tall and looked only slightly older then her. His skin was silver like the moonlight. His hair was white as the snow he stood on and pulled back at the nape of his neck and the pale white colors he wore almost blended in with the snow covered forest behind him.

"Hello." She said timidly.

Last edited by say-i-love-you; 04-17-2009 at 08:24 PM..

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 04-17-2009, 08:36 PM

As Dimitrius neared the young girl in front of him, he could help but grin at her shiver, "Aren't you a little far away from home, Spring Elf?"

Waiting for her reply, he neared the young girl, someone hardly younger than himself, and smiled down at her, holding out his hand to help her up, "My name is Dimitrius Cardei, Apprentice of the Master Kioplian, and you are?"

Try as he may, he couldn't take his crystal eyes off of the young elf in front of him; the deepness of her eyes, the slightly tanned complection, the waves of her blonde tresses - it all had him mesmerized for he had never seen a more beautiful creature outside of his race in all his years.

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 04-17-2009, 08:42 PM

"I'm Ariala Gallagher," She reached for his hand and stood. "Thank you. I may have crossed the border on accident." She said, a shy blush appearing on her cheeks. "See, I was playing hide and seek with my friends and well I guess I must've went too far from the meadow." She managed to lift her face to his and her breath stopped as she stared at his undeniable beauty.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 04-17-2009, 09:02 PM

"Ah," he said softly before inquiring, "Do you know your way back? I'd hate for you to tread farther into our Kingdom, you may freeze before you find your way out."

Slipping off his jacket, he handed it to the girl, "Here, this may help with the cold."

As he spoke, the gentle snowfall that had been going on for quite some time began to slowly lift until it ultimately stopped falling around them.

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 04-17-2009, 09:08 PM

"Th-thank you." Ariala said, shivering more from nerves then the cold. "I, uhm, could use some help finding my way thank you." She said, though she knew the exact path she had taken from the meadow. She didn't want him to leave quite yet. She had never seen a Winter Elf before and their beauty amazed her.

She turned to the east slightly to start walking even though she was aware that the way back was in fact to the west.