Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 04-17-2009, 09:12 PM

Dimitrius couldn't help but chuckle as she went the wrong direction, never suspecting it was on purpose, "Miss Gallagher? I believe your meadow is this way. If my knowledge of your Kingdom serves me right, the way you're headed is towards a waterfall and stream."

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 04-17-2009, 09:16 PM

"Oh." Ariala said, a blush rising on her cheeks. "Thank you, I fear my inner compass isn't what it used to be." She said with a smile and began walking again in the correct direction.

"So, I've never met a Winter Elf." Ariala said, attempting at a conversation. "Isn't it terrible being in the cold all the time?"

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 04-17-2009, 09:26 PM

Dimitrius smiled as he stuck his hands in his front pockets, "Nah, we love the cold. Our cottages are even carved out of ice. The furniture and such isn't ice, but the basic structure is. What about you? How can you stand all of the heat and green all the time?"

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 04-17-2009, 09:28 PM

"Ahh," Ariala sighed thinking of the gardens, "The heat feels great, it isn't too harsh nor too little. And the green is so beautiful." The magic hummed through Ariala and left roses behind her. "See? Beautiful, no?"

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 04-17-2009, 09:32 PM

Dimitrius simply smiled as his hair gently blew in the wind, "Aye, pretty to look at while passing occasionally, but nothing I could stand to live with all my life; I much prefer making a fresh snowfall."

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 04-17-2009, 09:38 PM

Ariala smiled up at him and was disappointed that she could hear the faint calls of her friends. "I think the winter is beautiful yet I can't imagine going a day without seeing a fresh flower bloom."

The calls of her friends were more audible now to the elves' super sensory hearing. "Ariala!"Called Erreminette followed by Marreck.

"Okay, you win. Come out now." Erreminette called again, this time more worry in her voice.

"I guess that's my cue." Ariala said, shrugging out of the jacket he'd given her and handing it back to him. "Thank you for walking me back."

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 04-17-2009, 09:41 PM

Slipping the jacket back on, he gave a slight bow, "'Twas my pleasure Miss Gallagher. You'd best run along now, your friends sound worried."

With a smile he turned and headed back the way he came, making his way back to Emelaide and their picnic.

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 04-17-2009, 09:46 PM

Ariala skipped back into the meadow with a large grin on her face. "Finally!" Erreminette called to her.

"Where have you been?" Marreck asked, worried.

"I went to far back into the woods and I, uh, ran into a Winter Elf." Ariala explained.

"A Winter Elf?" Erreminette asked in disbelief, "I heard they're very beautiful."

"He was." Ariala said, still smiling. "He helped me find the way back." She giggled.

"He?" Marreck asked. The jealousy in his voice was barely hidden but Ariala didn't notice in her happiness.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 04-17-2009, 10:09 PM

Dimitrius grinned as he slowly stepped up behind Emelaide. Placing his hands over her eyes, he knelt behind her and whispered in her ear, "Miss me?"

Emelaide grinned as she leaned back into his chest, "Quite a bit, actually. What happened to you? Did you find out what it was?" Catching the scent of flowers on his jacket, she quickly turned around, her glare fierce and cold, "You did.. who was it?"

Dimitrius couldn't help but smile as he caressed her chin with his hand, pulling her lips to his and place a tender kiss upon them, "Don't worry love, it was just some Spring Elf who wandered too far into the Wood, no reason to be jealous. I only gave her my jacket because I couldn't just leave the poor thing to freeze."

Sighing, Emelaide rested her cheek against his chest, "I know it's nothing to worry about.. it's just.. the Spring Elves are quite beautiful, far more beautiful than I am, I can't help but get jealous!"

Dimitrius smiled as he stroked her hair gently and placed a kiss upon her head, "Don't be silly, my love, you are far more beautiful than the young elf I met, I promise. Besides, how could any other elf in the world compare to you? You are far superior to all, you know that perfectly well."

Emelaide rolled her eyes and she sat back on her heels and turned back towards her card pile, "Sure sure, enough flattery, you're forgiven already. Let's get back to the game, shall we?"

Dimitirius grinned as he placed a kiss upon her neck and cheek before standing up and walking back over to his seat, laying back down in his prior position and picking up his pile of cars, "Alright, let's see how long it takes me to beat you," he added with a teasing chuckle as he placed a card down.

Giggling, Emelaide placed a higher card down, taking the two card and adding them to her pile, "We'll see about that, Dimitrius."

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 04-17-2009, 10:19 PM

"I think I'm going to head back now..." Marreck said, grumpily.

"But Marreck, we only started playing." Ariala said with a hint of whine in her voice.

"Really, I think its best I go." He said, turning on his heel and sprinting back into the forest. His feet left the grass where he walked dry and brown.

"What's his problem?" Ariala asked, completely oblivious. Erreminette just rolled her eyes, it wasn't her place to tell Ariala about Marreck's feelings.

"Well we can't play with two people." Erreminette said. "Maybe we should just head back, I'm hungry anyways."

"No. Let's practice." Said Ariala with a smile. The magic pumping through her felt warm and pleasant.

"Ariala, I'm hungry." Erreminette said.

Ariala smiled and reached for the ground where a tree was beginning to sprout. The trunk grew taller as branches expanded from it. As the branches began to grow, leaves expanded, leading to blossoms. Erreminette looked curiously, wondering what kind of fruit she was growing. Finally, apples sprouted from the tree.

"Here you go."' Ariala said, tossing Erreminette an apple.

Last edited by say-i-love-you; 04-19-2009 at 02:43 AM..

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 04-17-2009, 10:27 PM

Emelaide grinned as she picked up two more cards, "I win again!"

Dimitrius frowned as he placed another card down, "I think you cheated. You gave me all the low cards while I was gone while keeping all the high cards for yourself, didn't you."

Winking, Emelaide grinned, "Why, whatever do you mean? I would never do such a thing!"

Grinning, Dimitrius quickly sat up and reached across the pile of cards towards Emelaide's hand, who quickly moved her cards out of reach. Laughing, Emelaide fell back as Dimitrius fell on her, trying to grab the cards from her hand. Finally succeeding in taking the cards from her, he kissed her lips gently before leaning back and moving back to where he was, giving her his previous deck, "Now we're even."

Emelaide simply grinned and placed a card down after Dimitrius laid his card, "Really?" Smiling as she took the cards, Dimitrius rolled his eyes and gave up, "I give up, you did that on purpose."

Laughing, Emelaide nodded, "I had a feeling you'd get fed up about this point and force me to switch. Nice plan, neh?"

Dimitrius laughed, "Aye, clever. Next time I deal."

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 04-17-2009, 10:36 PM

"Ariala, we should go back..." Erreminette said, noticing the light dimming.

"Alright, wanna race?" She said with a sly grin.

"Yes!" Erreminette called, appreciating the challenge. The two girls took off towards the treehouse village with incredible speed. Erreminette could hear Ariala's footsteps as she glided gracefully through the forest but Erreminette was much faster and she emerged from the forest seconds before Ariala. "Ah, sweet victory." She called to Ariala.

Ariala simply stuck out her tongue before she heard a familiar voice. "Ariala Gallagher." the Master called.

"Yes, Master." Ariala said respectfully.

"You're being summoned to the High Castle." He said then examined her clothes which were crinkled from playing in the meadow. "I suggest you change first."

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 04-17-2009, 10:43 PM

Dimitrius smiled as he dealt the new hand of War, "Last game, then we'll head back. It's getting late and your father won't be happy to find you're out late again with me."

Emelaide nodded with a laugh, "Yes, but only because we're near marrying age and he's afraid I'll be taken away before he has time to prepare for the news."

Dimitrius simply grinned, "Aye, but we're not to that point yet."

Emelaide nodded, "I know, but he doesn't realize that. But enough about him, I'd much rather focus on beating you for the third time in a row."

Dimitrius laughed as he placed down a card, "We'll see about that, love."

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 04-17-2009, 10:50 PM

"Wonder what that's about." Erreminette said, trying to hide her envy.

"I don't know. Guess I should change." Ariala said before sprinting off to her tree house. She pulled on a fresh green dress that was knee-length with long sleeves to keep the night's chill away.

"Heading somewhere?" Ariala's mother asked.

"I was summoned to the High Castle." Ariala said, her nerves working at a rapid pace.

"Oh," Her mother said, taken aback, "Well hurry along then."

Ariala sprinted off to the castle quickly. The tall doors loomed above her theateningly. The guard looked down and took in who it was then opened the doors. Ariala walked to the Throne Room to see the Lord waiting for her.

"My Lord." Ariala said with a curtsey.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 04-17-2009, 11:03 PM

"..not fair!" Emelaide exclaimed with a frown.

Dimitrius grinned as he collected another set of cards, "Payback, love. I told you I'd win."

Emelaide rolled her eyes as she took another bite of her bread and cheese sandwhich while placing down another card, "The game's not over yet."

The two continued on this way for quite sometime until finally Dimitrius redeemed himself and won the match. Smiling as he handed the deck back to her, he teased, "That's what you get for cheating."

Sticking her tongue out, she packed the cards away and began helping Dimitrius pack the empty plates back into the basket before folding the blanket.

Walking hand in hand, the couple made their way through the forest, heading back to their cottages for a good night's sleep so they were well rested for the storm.

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 04-17-2009, 11:09 PM

"Ariala Gallagher." The Lord said, looking down at the elf below him. "As you know Spring is quickly approaching." Ariala nodded her head, knowing she musn't speak without being spoken to. "Your magic is far above those in your class so you will be among the first group to enter the human world with the older elves at your sides."

Ariala let her jaw go slack and closed her mouth before she appeared rude. "Well," The Lord said "do you accept this?"

"Y-Yes." Ariala stammered, flattered by the advancement in ranks.

"Very well. You will train with the older elves from now on. You may leave." The Lord said, dismissing her.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 04-17-2009, 11:13 PM

After doing the dishes and putting everything away, Emelaide kissed Dimitrius's cheek 'Goodnight' before heading home.

After bidding Emelaide 'Goodnight', Dimitrius sighed as he layed in bed, unable to get the thoughts of the Spring Elf out of his head. "Why does her face keep popping into my thoughts? She means nothing to me and I'll never see her again.. What is it about her that keeps her locked in my memory?"

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 04-18-2009, 01:30 AM

Ariala pranced back to the treehouse buzzing with nerves. What would her friends think about her promotion? It was no secret that Erreminette was already envious of Ariala's magic.

"I heard you were summoned." Marreck said once Ariala reached the village.

"Uh, yeah." She said. "I was moved up in rank so I'll be working with the elder elves this Spring."

"Congratulations!" Marreck said, swooping up Ariala in his arms into a hug.

"Thanks." Ariala said, not nearly as excited.

"Worried about telling Erreminette?" Marreck guessed.

"Yes, a little." Ariala smiled weakly before retreating into her house.

After changing into her night clothes, Ariala laid in her bed and the moon shone through the window making her skin shine white. Just like the Winter Elf... Ariala thought. She smiled thinking about him and fell asleep with him in her thoughts.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 04-18-2009, 02:04 AM

.*. The Day of the Storm .*.

Emelaide grinned as she sat upon her white-stallion next to Dimitrius, who sat upon his silver-stallion, wearing a light blue elegant dress with a sash around the waist that tied in the back into a large bow. The hem of the dress reached just above her knees and was very loose and flowy. Around her neck was a white ribbon that matched the sash and bow on her dress, as well as the ribbon that was decorating her short hair in a thin circlet.

Dimitrius gently squeezed her hand in support as they listened to their instructions for the coming storm. Dimitrius was dressed in the Winter-Apprentice's Robes - Long elegant robes dark blue in color with silver accents along the trim. His hair was held back at the nape of his neck in a ponytail with a dark blue ribbon that matched his robes.

When the King of Winterglade gave the signal, the elves who were to participate in the storm immediately set off on their horses, each picking riding the currents of the wind until they reached the Human World, where they immediate set off to their respective groups and began the storm.

Dimitrius grinned as he called forth hail and snow, showering the Northern continents with shimmering snow and ice.

Emelaide, on the other hand, was busy whispering to the winds, causing the precipitation to swirl and blow as the wind picked up speed and the temperatures dropped into the negatives.

Soon their work was done and the Winter Elves returned to the Kingdom of Winterglade to celebrate.

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 04-18-2009, 03:56 PM

"Spring is here!" Ariala cried with excitement. Tomorrow the elves would be off on their way to the Human World to grow sprout flowers and trees all over the globe.

"I wish you'd ride with us, Ariala." Erreminette said, even though she was envious of her friend, Erreminette was wise enough to know that she should be happy for her friend before her own jealousy.

"Me too." Ariala said, "But I have to go to practice my trees with the elder elves. So I'll meet you back here tonight for the Feast." She finished, then skipped off to the woods to practice.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 04-18-2009, 09:01 PM

As the feast dragged on, Emelaide helped herself to more wine than needed, unfortunately making her a bit tipsy as Dimitrius tried to walk her home before she got too out of hand.

"B-but I don't want togo h-homeyet," Emelaide slurred dramatically with a wave of her hand before giggling as she fell into Dimitrius' side.

Sighing, Dimitrius held her close, "You have no choice, love, you're drunk."

"Iamot drunk! I'm perftly perftly fine fora a walk in the woodz," slurred Emelaide through giggles.

Dimitrius, knowing he'd never get her in the house without a short walk, reluctantly agreed, "Oh alright, but only one turn understand?"

Nodding Emelaide skipped off ahead just like a small child, stumbling here and there but never falling.

"This is most definitely not going to go well, I can tell already," said Dimitrius to himself as he darted after her, taking her hand and pulling her to his side, leading her around rocks and trees so she didn't trip or run into anything; Emelaide simply giggled and talked of their day on Earth as they walked.

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 04-19-2009, 12:30 AM

The new group of elves that Ariala was working with were far more advanced then her. Ariala sighed as she had gone from best in the class to one of the worst.

"Okay." The Master called. "Tomorrow we'll be going down to Earth. Ariala, I suggest you practice."

Then older elves began to leave the forest but Ariala wasn't done quite yet, she was going to prove herself to them, somehow. She worked her way to the meadow where she continued growing trees getting her magic to work faster and faster. Time had begun to slip away and Ariala didn't seem to notice the disappearing light.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 04-19-2009, 02:14 AM

"I was so terrible Dimitrius! I-I'm a failure!" said Emelaide with a sigh as she sat down in the snow.

Dimitrius sat beside her, wrapping his arms around her and pulling her close. Placing a kiss on her temple, he smiled, "Don't say such things, love. You were right beside me the entire time, you were marvelous."

"Nnno no, I was wretched! It took all I had to keep those temperatures in the negatives! The other elves assigned to my group weren't much help! I was supposed to guide them, I was horrible!"

"Em, don't. You can't take the blame for them. Everyone knows you did your best, and the storm was a success! What more could we ask for? Now we have a whole year to spend together, uninterrupted by the calls of duty."

"Mmm, but you won't want to spend it with a failure like me!"

"Well, not with the drunken you, but with the usual you, I'm quite looking forward to spending my days with. Now come on, let's get you home, alright? It's getting late and I'm sure your parents will be home by now."

Emelaide shook her head as she rested her head against his chest, "I'm too sleepy..I don't want to move.."

Dimitrius simply chuckled and picked her up in his arms. As Dimitrius stood up, Emelaide put her arms around his neck and rested her head on her arm, immediately falling asleep. With a light sigh, Dimitrius carried the sleeping Emelaide back to the village, only to find her parents had decided to stay at the party for quite awhile longer. Not knowing what else to do, Dimitrius carried her back to his cottage. Deciding to give her his room for the night, he tucked her in before heading back to the living room and making up the couch to sleep on himself.

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 04-19-2009, 02:20 AM

Ariala shook her head in disbelief when she realized how late she had been working. I must have missed the feast... She thought, sourly.

"Ariala?" She heard Marreck's voice ask in the darkness.

"Did I miss the feast?" Ariala asked.

A low chuckle came from the dark, "You would be worried about the food. And yeah, its nearly over." He said, his voice closer this time.

"Ugh," Ariala said. "I would miss out on that."

"Come on, we have a big day tomorrow." He said, taking her hand and leading her out of the forest.

"Are you nervous?" Ariala asked in a small voice after they had been walking silence for a while.

"Yeah." Marreck answered honestly.

"Me too." Ariala said with a sigh.

"Don't worry, you'll be great." Marreck said just as they reached the village. He walked Ariala to her house and gave her a friendly hug goodnight. "Sleep well."

"You too." Ariala said, then disappeared into her house and went directly to bed.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 04-19-2009, 02:54 AM

Before heading back to the living-room after changing into his pajamas in the bathroom, Dimitrius popped his head into the doorway of his room and smiled. 'She really is the most beautiful creature,' he thought as he walked over to her and placed a kiss upon her forehead, careful not to wake her up. After brushing a lock of hair from her eyes, he quietly made his way out of his bedroom and out to the living-room, where he laid down on the couch for bed and immediately fell asleep as his head hit the pillow.