Esmme
See you later, Cole. "How do you...

Old 03-17-2010, 05:58 PM

Update: A synopsis of the thread is now available further down on this page!

Here in the world of fantasy, there are truths . . . and there are lies. But when the lie turns out to hold a bit of truth, and the truth is a lie, which way to does one turn?
Many generations ago, there was a small town that bordered the mountains. It is said that it was completely demolished by dragons. Whether this is truth or not, none can tell. But there are some that believe this "truth" with their whole heart.
In a world where dragons have the ability to look human, to roam the human lands, how can a zealot for this truth spot the dragons from their own kind? There is a way to tell dragon from man - a marking. Wings tattooed on the back of an individual shows their true heritage.
Some recent dragon kin have found a way to avoid such markings. But not all of them.
Some people don't care about whether dragons roam their lands - aside from the zealots. Humans are interesting creatures, but still hold rulership over the land. There are now two different groups.

-The Outlaws-

Wishing to help the dragons find peace through the realm, these humans strive to seperate themselves from the other people of their land. They would do nearly anything to keep the dragon-kin from dying off, and have been known to shelter them from danger. Living in a mountain-side camp, they are keeping their location hidden from the Zealots. If a dragon wants help, this is the group they come to.

- Not many are actually accepted into the Outlaw encampment, but few people share their beliefs

-The Zealots-

They wish to eliminate the remaining dragon-kind from the realm. True believers in the destruction of their families all of those years ago, the Zealots go on travels through their whole lives, unwilling to settle down in a home until they have solidified that the dragons have all been killed. With no homes, the Zealots are self-proclaimed wanderers, and can be spotted by their silver medallion - the bloody claw of a dragon.

- Not all Zealots are "evil," but they certainly have a way of twisting the truth
- They are protectors of the people, so when innocent's are involved they strive to save humanity

-The Dragons-

True victims of a misunderstanding, the serpents have been forced from every home they try to lay down. With Zealots hounding their every movement, a dragon must be careful with what they say and do. Usually wanderers, the dragons have been known to hide their identity and settle down within the human ranks. One of the weaknesses that all dragons share is the fear of silver. Silver acts like a scalding metal, a poison. Avoid it at all costs.

- Dragons don't need to blink
- They can shift from dragon to human at any time (or partially, even)

-The Humans-

If you don't fall into any of the above groups, you are one of the many people who merely dwell in the land as a merchant, farmer, or some sort of average person. Some are mercenaries or former-warriors, but for the most part, this is everyone else that doesn't choose a side.

-Important Figures-

Abel
A high ranking Zealot.

Devan
Abel's eternally youthful assistant.

Joseph Da Vinci
A young noble who has become Aesh's master.

Darren
See'r's Father; Leader of the Outlaws

Halt
Ranger and tracker of the Outlaws

Ms. Valerie
A young medic in the lower ends of Pay'Tions

Remiel
Friend and trainer to Aaric

Silas
Aaric's father and loyal worker for Abel

Makai
Stranger and traveling companion to Aaric

The Characters in Play
Pictures of Each; More Detail in the Profiles Below

See'r
Blind Outlaw

Alchemy
See'r's Life (:XD)

Mablyn; Maye
Newcomer to the Outlaws

Tweak
Crazy Zealot

Cyril
Zealot With An Attitude

Cocoa
Young street dweller in Pay'Tions

Aaric
Son to Silas; an unsure Zealot

Rayeth; Rayeth
A "pet" to Abel

Aesh
A dragon who yearns for peace

Jake
Friend to Aesh

Dante
Dragon Form

Leif
Mysterious city dweller

Byron and Knox
Young carnival entertainer

-Profile Skeleton-

Fill this out and send it in to me. ;)

My Puppeteer: (Username)
I want to be called: (Character Name)
I Am This Old: (Age)
Did you look at me?: (Gender)
Classification: (Grouping; Outlaw, Dragon, Zealot, Other, etc.)
What do I see when I look in the mirror: (picture or really good description of human)
What happened in my life: (Biography; doesn’t have to be extremely complicated)
I think of myself as: (Personality)
I can’t stand: (Dislikes)
My favorite things in the world: (Likes)
Posting Color:

-Accepted Profiles-

SPOILERX

Quote:
My Puppeteer: Ever_After

I want to be called: Lyle Whitered

I Am This Old: 36

Did you look at me?: Male

Classification: Other

What do I see when I look in the mirror: This.

What happened in my life:
Lyle was born and raised in Pay'Tions as an only child. He studied medicine under his father and when his father passed away took over the family practice. He has a soft spot for the street kids and knows most of them by name. He goes so far as to treat them free of charge for their larger more serious injuries. Since he grew up in the sea side town and is a doctor Lyle is well known in the town.

I think of myself as: He’s a big softy. Normally a very laid back person and always making jokes. However when he is working on a patient he does a complete 180. He takes his medical practice serious.

I can’t stand: bullies, sweet things, people who give up

My favorite things in the world: Making kids smile, dogs, cherry flavored things, and being a doctor.

Posting Color: Bold
Quote:
My Puppeteer: Kriemedesan
I want to be called: Kooper
I Am This Old: 343 (but looks 34)
Classification: Dragon
What do I see when I look in the mirror: Copper-brown hair, green eyes, bronze skin, 6’3”, dragon is a shiny, but dark, reddish gold, shiny wing tattoos on back
What happened in my life: Very greedy dragon who hoarded a lot of treasure that was left behind from war. One day an unfortunate casualty of highwaymen was stabbed through the heart. In his last seconds of life, he offered all his money to any that would save him from death. He had meant it towards one of the robbers, but Kooper heard. The dragon appeared, scaring away the robbers, and giving his second heart to the human before taking his money to add to his mountain of money, an actual mountain. Later on, against the code of his Pendragon, he attempted to steal the Philosopher’s Stone from an alchemist. Instead, he was cursed to have everything he touches turn to copper. For his thieving, he was exiled and he locked himself away with all his riches, afraid to touch any. He cannot even eat true food, but melts the copper down. If it were not for the human who has his heart, he would die. He uses his own scales for clothing. Greedy, selfish and bitter, but he feels nothing towards humans at all. Does not like them, but does not hate them. He is more upset by his banishment and wishes to rejoin, though his pride will not allow him to admit it.
I think of myself as: Smart and too important to risk assisting others, but also ashamed that I failed against a human.
I can’t stand: Being mocked, stolen from and not being able to taste food. Those that do not like him, because he does not think there is anything wrong with himself.
My favorite things in the world: Compliments, valuables and the smell of food. Those that do not like him, because he does not think there is anything wrong with himself.

I want to be called: Zirc Bembry
I Am This Old: 25
What do I see when I look in the mirror: small brown eyes, square head, brown hair cut less than an inch, 5’9”, dark clothing
What happened in my life: Just a street kid who got lucky one day when he woke up with new abilities, and odd markings on his front and back. He used this to get better positions in crime, but uses abilities defensive or to get through defenses only. He is your average guy and does stupid things, for girls that he likes, which get him into trouble. He can be awkward around those higher social class because of his parents; a rich lord drove off his father and then his mother as a mistress, giving birth to his younger brother. The lord killed his mom and only kept his little brother to upset Zirc. He is still in search of Michael, but his hatred of the rich was quelled by an elderly duchess who took him in after his father died. She left him very little because she had children of her own that wanted to have nothing to do with him, save one, but she did give him a locket.
I think of myself as: He does not consider himself good or bad, just getting by. He is kind to those that are kind to him, nothing to those that have nothing to do with him and harsh to those who oppose him. He wants to get out of the business simply because he hates having to watch his back.
I can’t stand: My father, abusive people, drunks and the idea of dating a dude.
My favorite things in the world: My brother, gentle people, outdoorsy types and girls.

I want to be called: Nilrem
I Am This Old: Unknown
What do I see when I look in the mirror: An old man with a long face, but clean-shaven and grey-white hair cut neatly. He is oddly fit and has piercing blue eyes.
What happened in my life: He has been around before you were a twinkle in your grandpappy’s eyes. He has witnessed many things and been involved in just as many, but now he just wants to retire. He is a simple hermit avoiding the world, but occasionally has to travel in search of supplies. He will not back down from protecting the weak, but he does try to avoid fights.
I think of myself as: Not as energetic and optimistic as I once was but far more patient and wise.
I can’t stand: Evil, disappointment, most other humans and cooking.
My favorite things in the world: The honorable, the honest, the pure and eating out, his one flaw in avoiding people.

I want to be called: Drayk
I Am This Old: 401 (but looks 36)
What do I see when I look in the mirror: black hair, red eyes, which he keeps covered, black wing tattoos that roll all the way to his ankles
What happened in my life: Hiding from dragons and zealots alike, working on getting to the top and having fun. You know, the usual.
I think of myself as: An unacknowledged, powerful Pendragon, who knows better than to waste time on those that cannot help themselves. He is certainly no enabler.
I can’t stand: Weakness in anything and being outsmarted
My favorite things in the world: Strength in all abilities and whatever I want when it is the best time for it

I want to be called: Skin
I Am This Old: 37
Did you look at me?: Female
Classification: Zealot
What do I see when I look in the mirror: Skin was nicknamed this after one of her greatest wins against a particularly nasty dragon. She was nearly killed by the flames, but managed to take him down, if at the loss of her beauty. Her skin is nothing but melted scars, but her brown eyes are as fierce as they were before, if covered by a magical mechanical device that prevents her from being blinded by light from lack of lids.
What happened in my life: Originally, she was just a great-grandchild of one of those who claimed to have escaped the destroyed mountain city. She was trained from youth and certainly has the zeal, putting it above everything else. She even had a predetermined husband to provide the best children for continuing the trade, but he backed out after her worst fight. She now is the guardian of Ghowe and is held in high standing as a warrior, but not at all as a woman.
I think of myself as: Calm, calculating and almost emotionless but for a destructively femininely rooted concern for others, no matter how she tries to control herself.
I can’t stand: Dragons, lazy people, low standards and overreactions
My favorite things in the world: Um…

I want to be called: Ghowe Apoderk, pronounced “Go-weigh”
I Am This Old: 19
What do I see when I look in the mirror: Light blue eyes, soft and white-blonde hair, five-two, small and pointed features
What happened in my life: Ghowe grew up to the melody that her family had been killed by dragons and, although she cannot remember, she bears a scar on her chest from the incident. Despite her ever-growing fervor and sheer lack of silence on her distaste of them, other zealots tend to avoid her except Skin, who has acted as her surrogate mother. They get along well and Ghowe gets the best missions, showing off skills not accustomed to a normal human. She understands how society works, but does not care to be among anyone who is not a fellow zealot.
I think of myself as: Does not think about her personality, but she is very blunt when she actually does talk and does not pity herself for anything. She believes that if she works hard and stays on the narrow path she will succeed in life, so, aside from her obsession to kill all dragons, she is actually a well-rounded person.
I can’t stand: Dragons, dragons, dragons; did I mention dragons?
My favorite things in the world: Simple luxuries (because she does not feel guilty), being included by other zealots, weapons and killing dragons.
Quote:
My Puppeteer: April.
I want to be called: Ezand Abyssus Otto.
I am this old: Twelve.
Did you look at me?: Male.
Classification: Human.
What do I see when I look in the mirror: Ezand.
What happened in my life: When I first woke up in that forest I had no idea who, what or where I was. Scared and alone I wandered aimlessly, passing many things I couldn't name even though I recognized them. Slowly but surely though some memories started to come back. Some.. but not all.
The troupe, the barge ride.. By's gross octo-jellyfish-thing.. I'd laughed at that last thought, until I remembered those bastard mauraders.. Why? How could they?! We did nothing wrong! Mother, Father.. everyone..
Lukan, Byron.. they just have to be alive. I can feel it. We'll be together again some day. I promise.
I think of myself as: An avenger. I grew up with a loving family; my life was practically perfect-- I was happy, damn it! To have that taken away from me by bandits in the span of less than a day.. I can't rest until I find and rid the world of that trash.
I can’t stand: Being indebted to anyone. Marauders, criminals, thieves, scumbags-- I'll kill 'em dead.
My favorite things in the world: Apples, entertainers/performers, magic and rain or water in general.
Posting Color: Sea Green.

SPOILERX

-Outlaws-

Quote:

My Puppeteer:
Esmme
I want to be called: See'r
I Am This Old: 23
Classification: Outlaw
What do I see when I look in the mirror: See'r
What happened in my life: I am the son of the leader to the Outlaws. Being blinded by a Zealot that believed me to be a dragon, I have lived my life as a blind man. Don't underestimate my abilities - I have more than you'd think.
I think of myself as: Typically calm, and very understanding. Despite my past, I can speak with a Zealot without being ruffled - not that I can see who I'm speaking with.
I can’t stand: Deep water, wide open spaces, loud sounds.
My favorite things in the world: Silence, the sun, things with texture that he can feel.
Posting Color: Blue

My Puppeteer: Amaya Mori
I want to be called: Alchemy
Did you look at me?: female
What do I see when I look in the mirror: Alchemy
What happened in my life: My parents, with all the best of intentions, left me at the outlaws camp. I live with a woman who is like a nurse figure for the camp. What I really want is to be able to fight along with the others to protect the dragons.
I think of myself as: I will admit that sometime I don’t think things all the way through. Normally I’m very energetic and when I decided to do something I put my all into it. That works the other way also though; if I decided I don’t want to do something I can be very lazy and put it off till the last minute.
I can’t stand: being treated like a helpless girl, people who blindly hate others,
My favorite things in the world: getting stronger, cakes, warm summer days
Posting Color: Purple

My Puppeteer: TheJupiterAlien
I want to be called: Mablyn
I Am This Old: 18
What do I see when I look in the mirror: Fair skin and layered tousled dark brown hair.5'4" with a slightly plump but curvy figure. Brown eyes - the left one lighter than the right. Wears a cream blouse with a dark brown underbust vest made of leather, with matching frayed shorts and a loose black belt. Calf-high black boots, with a tan bag slung over her shoulder casually.
What happened in my life: She grew up in small village outside Pay'Tions with her grandma who taught her basic skills to recognize dragons, as well as old legends and tales which she believes with all her heart. Her neighbors taught her basic hand-to-hand combat and life skills. She's lived a simple but good life, with few wants. Spending nights at the local tavern working as an entertainer, she's saved up her money. Now that's she's of age, she's off to travel the world as a wanderer, standing up for peace between dragons and humans.
I think of myself as: Flirty and charming, but quick to get defensive.
I can’t stand: Hate, intolerance.
My favorite things in the world: Dried cranberries, books, liveliness.
Posting Color: Plum

-Zealots-

Quote:
My Puppeteer: Esmme
I want to be called: Tweak
What do I see when I look in the mirror: Tweak
What happened in my life: As all Zealots, she is a wanderer. And a strange one at that. Sometimes she's just plain crazy - she might forget what she was doing in the first place, shoot the wrong person, or randomly jump around in a tense situation.
I think of myself as: . . . crazy. And random.
I can’t stand: Flowers, sweet drinks, and bugs.
My favorite things in the world: Candy, tea, fighting, winning, and music.
Posting Color: Pink

My Puppeteer: MintyRey
I want to be called: Cyril Noto
I Am This Old: 21
What do I see when I look in the mirror: Cyril
What happened in my life: A thief and a soldier of fortune, Cy's ancestors were one of the inhabitants of the village destroyed. A few had escaped and vowed vengeance on the dragons. Most of his family had been raised as Zealots, each generation hunting down the great fiends. As a kid, Cy never took hunting dragons seriously. That is until the day his grandfather died. He had been brought along on a mission by his stern but loving elder. They had found a dragon in hiding and in the confrontation, his grandfather died from a grave wound. Since then, Cy had sworn revenge on all dragons, especially the one who cause his dear mentor's death.
I think of myself as: Sly and Smooth. A professional thief with room for improvement.
I can’t stand: Dragons [ever since his grandfather's death], Fake treasure, Hyper people
My favorite things in the world: Treasure and money, Stealing, Roaming the wide open spaces
Posting Color: Sienna

I want to be called: Coco
I Am This Old: 14
What do I see when I look in the mirror: Coco
What happened in my life: I'm a street rat, orphaned from what I think was a dragon attack, but really I can't remember. My older brother, Milki, always told me it was the dragons fault, why I was livin' in the streets and stuff. But now he's gone too, and I'm lost in the streets alone.
I think of myself as: the perfect thief, mature for my age, only stealing to get by. I don't know if I want revenge on the Dragons, but if I had the skills and the chance, I prob'ly would hurt a dragon. .
I can’t stand: Other street rats, they have a filthy nature. Old ladies that treat me like a stray cat. M'row.
My favorite things in the world: Sweets, daytime, a warm bed.
Posting Color: Grayish.

My Puppeteer: MiriuOniaya
I want to be called: Aaric
I Am This Old: 17
What do I see when I look in the mirror: Aaric
What happened in my life: I've never known a home, only tents and campfires. I have been trained my whole life to hunt dragons, but my father keeps me close to him so I have not yet wandered on my own. Remiel is my mentor, my trainer, and my voice of reason. My father is Silas, a strong man who works for Abel and a true Zealot. My birthday approaches and with it my freedom to wander.
I think of myself as: Quick-footed and reliable. Not as anger-filled as most Zealots, but eager to prove I am strong and capable, and want revenge for my mother's death.
I can’t stand: Liars, the cold.
My favorite things in the world: Hot springs, a fulfilling meal, a close companion.
Posting Color: Brown

-Dragons-

Quote:
I want to be called: Rayeth
I Am This Old: Looks to be about 23, but is really almost a century old.
What do I see when I look in the mirror: Rayeth has blond hair and blue eyes, and happens to be a pale white dragon with blue "highlights."
What happened in my life: I was found as a child, a young dragon, by Abel himself. The Zealot has kept me under his lock and key for years, and has amazed people with my "wonders" as a dragon for long enough. Though I wish to be free, the Zealot keeps my loyalty by using what I will call a "heart gem," which is directly linked to my own heart through some sort of bond. As long as Abel wears his own Zealot medallion, which has my gem upon it, I will belong to him.
I think of myself as: A human hater, feral, and aggressive toward anyone around me.
I can’t stand: Humans in general, loud noises . . . and the ocean.
My favorite things in the world: Rain, snow, and many types of food (considering I don't have many).
Posting Color: Blue

I want to be called: Aesh
I Am This Old: Looks about 20, but she's truly much older than that.
What do I see when I look in the mirror: Aesh
What happened in my life: Born amidst the war with the small town in the dragon's accursed history, Aesh saw what happened. She knows truth, but doesn't speak of it. She has settled herself down in a human city near the mountains - she feels more at home near the rocky cliffs.
I think of myself as: Calm, serene . . . and generally a good person. But on the flip side, when her dragon instinct takes over, she's a terror for the humans. Don't get on her bad side.
I can’t stand: Zealots, the cold, water, and being bound.
My favorite things in the world: Food, warmth, and having a home.
Posting Color: Red

My Puppeteer: dragonjake
I want to be called: Jake
I Am This Old: looks 18 but is 1800
Did you look at me?: male
What do I see when I look in the mirror: Jake
What happened in my life: Jake lives peacefuly in a human town by the sea where not many travelers vist.
I think of myself as: quite and secretive.
I can’t stand: people constantly asking questions but most of all Zealots.
My favorite things in the world: quite and peaceful places.
Posting Color: Green

My Puppeteer: Amaya Mori
I want to be called: Leif
I Am This Old: looks 24, but is very much older then that
Did you look at me?: male
What do I see when I look in the mirror: Leif
What happened in my life: I have moved around from town to town in my long dragon years of life.Currently I am living in the town of Pay'Tions running a books store. It's not very exciting but it's quiet and a good cover.
I think of myself as: I like to think that I'm a pretty laid back kind of guy. I run my store and sometime will join the guys for a night of drinking and hitting on pretty girls.Trouble does seem to find me a lot though, not 'hey I'm a dragon' trouble, but bothersome none the less.
I can’t stand: Whiny people,house work, and any time between the hours of 3 am and noon.
My favorite things in the world: books, warm summer nights,sleeping.
Posting Color:Red

-Humans-

Quote:
Originally Posted by MintyRey
My Puppeteer: MintyRey
I want to be called: Byron Chroma Otto
I Am This Old: 12
Did you look at me?: Don't be confused, I'm a girl.
Classification: Human
What do I see when I look in the mirror: Byron
What happened in my life: Born as part of a set of triplets to a family of traveling performers, Byron and her two brothers, Lukan and Ezand, were raised learning the family trade. Because already two boys had emerged from their mother's womb, her family expected the last child would be a boy as well and had already chosen the name Byron for the third child. When they saw that it was a girl, they gave her the name nonetheless, a reminder of the surprise they received. Byron and her brothers became three of the most popular entertainers in the traveling troupe. Byron's talent lay in her agility and flexibility, becoming a good acrobat under her aunts' tutelage. But disaster struck one rainy day when, after a successful show in a small town, her family was massacred by marauders. The town was razed to the ground and most of it's inhabitants were slaughtered as well. Byron managed to escape and was eventually taken in by a circus owner who worked her, as well as his other employees, hard with minimum pay. Eventually the man's cruelty caused the other entertainers to riot and Byron once again found herself without a home. She decided to set out on her own, working solo as a street performer. She's searching for her only other family member that she believes is still alive, Ezand.
I think of myself as: An optimistic child with a lot to learn in the world. Although Byron doesn't know anything about dragons and the rumors surrounding them, she has come to believe many a tall tale shared by the occasional bard. She takes most problems in stride and isn't above using her childish looks to take advantage of people. Byron is often mistaken for a boy but she doesn't bother to correct anyone.
I can’t stand: People who yell unnecessarily, Marauders, Sleazy businesspeople, Ghost stories
My favorite things in the world: Changing weather and seasons, Festivals and places where she can work, Her pet monkey, Knox, Lively music
Posting Color: Indigo

- Synopsis -

The Journey Begins

Dragons -

Aesh starts out in her master's home, taking care of the children that roam the estate. She is notified that Da Vinci (her master) is sick, thus heads out for the nearest town - Pay'Tions.

Jake is another dragon, and is staying in a home within Pay'Tions. His day starts out normally . . . until someone knocks on his door. He finds Aesh there, and she asks where to find the doctor so she can seek out some medicine. At first he refused to help . . . but eventually felt bad about it. The two then join up in order to get there in a timely manner.

Zealots -

Wandering about in the forest, Tweak is having a mental episode, and happens to run into Cyril. The two choose to travel together to their destination; coincidentially they head to Pay'Tions as well (in search of dragons to slay). On the way there, they tell one other a bit about themselves. Come to find out, both Zealots are out for revenge against the dragons (Tweak lost her eye and her Zealot's "badge," and apparently was "called" a nutter - like she is).

Outlaws -

After having a confrontation with his father (which is completely normal) See'r makes his rounds through the Outlaw encampment. He ends up training some new recruits, showing off his skill as a blind fighter. Near the end of his day, Alchemy (his best friend for many years previous) ambushes him with the high hopes of pinning him down to win the battle. As always, See'r turns the tides, beating her to the ground. After an epic battle, the friends dust themselves off and agree that it's time to stop fighting. The two then go off to have dinner, laughing about their experiences together.

Alchemy has lived amongst the Outlaws for many years, and still has not gotten permission from their leader (See'r's father) to join them officially. The only way to pass the test is to beat See'r, so that is what she is striving to do.
Finishing their dinner, See'r and Alchemy agree to train the next day.

The Day Grows More Exciting

Dragons-

Upon meeting up in an inn, Aesh and Jake share a quick meal. Both dragons end up trying to judge if they are facing one of their own kin, but can't quite place it without asking directly . . . so they just hint at it with the hopes of finding out. They are interrupted by the silverware (silver is bad for dragons), and a young girl blabbering about a lost cat. When she leaves, both Aesh and Jake return to their drinks and food.

Zealots-

Arriving at Pay'Tions, Tweak and Cyril head for the tavern. Upon looking around for anyone that catches their eye, they spot Aesh and Jake. Tweak is the first to talk with them, making something up about losing her precious kitten so she can observe them as they ate. Seeing Aesh touch the silverware, she concludes her story and heads back to Cyril at the counter with nothing to report other than "they smell different, but can touch the silverware using her sleeve." Cyril advises that they start with the odd pair, though decides to wait until the area is a bit more clear of civilians.
When Jake suddenly dazes off into a world of dreaming about his dragon-flying, Cyril orders him a drink . . . and snaps his fingers to get the man's attention. Before Jake could come to, Cyril asks for Aesh's name. Upon introducing himself, Cyril Noto holds out a hand adorned with a silver ring - a test for their new friend.
After a moment of hesitation Aesh braves the silver, and accepts the handshake. She hides the fact that she was burned with her sleeve, and they carry on with conversations about their business in Pay'Tions.
When Jake snapped out of his daydream, he seemed worried about Aesh's burn, but the woman shrugged it off. She took care of it as soon as she excused herself for the evening, heading off to get to the inn across the street.
Tweak took the initiative and started talking to Jake, amazed by the fact that he still hadn't blinked in over a good minute (dragons don't need to blink, you see). The dragon introduces himself, and Tweak links arms with him (thus contact with silver on her person). Jake excuses himself swiftly for the bathroom, and Cyril gives Tweak the a-okay. The targets had been decided. Cyril goes after Jake, and Tweak heads after Aesh.

Outlaws-

See'r speaks with his father, and is given permission to leave with the next group headed out to trade goods. Caravan traveling is new to him, so in his excitement he seeks out Alchemy. She is depressed that her friend is leaving without her, and prompts the blind man to stay safe and tell her everything when he returns. He agrees, and then works with his best friend to find a way to convince the head Outlaw to let Alchemy leave as well. They eat their dinner amongst the other men in the encampment, happily sharing everything in friendship. A sparring session ensues after the meal, giving Alchemy an extra boost of courage. The fight was intensive, lasing for a long while . . . and Alchemy ended up winning for the first time. In the end it was this act that showed showed her courage, and proved to their leader that she was ready for traveling. By nightfall, she was both an official Outlaw, and had been given permission to "keep an eye on" See'r as he traveled.

Battle at Nightfall

Dragons and Zealots-

Jake is confronted by Cyril near the back of the tavern, and is cornered by the silver bullets that the Zealot threatens to fire with. As soon as he shoots, Jake dodges, blurring past him and escaping into the city's streets before heading home, completely losing Cyril. The Zealot ends up stopping for a rest right outside of Jake's house unaware of the fact that his target was so close.

Tweak heads to the inn and gets to Aesh's room, attacking her. The Zealot gains the upper hand, planning to bring her prey back to Cyril.

Jake escapes his home, and runs to the inn he'd last seen Aesh headed to. Seeing Tweak, the dragon attacks with his fire-breath, catching the inn on fire. Tweak's evasive actions allowed Aesh to escape. Cyril calls out to the civilians in the inn, waking them so they could avoid the fire's damage.
After a long fight, the dragons fly off to escape their foes. Amidst the battle, Tweak was wounded, and passed out within the burning building. Though they hardly knew one another, Cyril risked his safety to go into the blaze after her, thus saving her life.

The Next Day

Zealots-

Tweak wakes up in the hospital, and talks with Cyril about their plans. They choose to head out after the dragons as soon as they're all healed up and have purchased new equipment.
Despite being told to stay in bed for a few days, Tweak cons Cyril into taking a walk. With broken ribs and a smoke-burned throat, the Zealot pulled a "stubborn child" act and forced herself onward. The two Zealots headed for the tailor's first to replace their burned clothing. Causing a bit of trouble in the store so Cyril can conduct a bit of his usual thievery, Tweak manages to pick up and pay for an outfit that catches Cyril's eye - which is an odd thing, considering they never even thought about one another in such a way. As they leave the store, Tweak causes some "accidental" spills that catch the shop owner's attention. Cyril slips some things into his person before waiting for her outside, all the richer.
(There was a time blip here, so they were moved to the next day. I will say that they headed back to the hospital to let Tweak rest.)

Dragons-

Jake finally lands because of the bullet wounds he'd received from Cyril. He'd been carrying Aesh on his back the entire flight, and was finally weakening. They land, but continue walking in human form in order to distance themselves from Pay'Tions and the Zealots.
When Aesh finally stops Jake, she chooses to patch him up so he can heal quickly. Stopping for a longer rest, they take turns sleeping for a long while. When they wake, Aesh sheepishly mentions returning to Pay'Tions. She still needs the medicine for her master. Shifting forms, Aesh chooses to carry Jake while he continues to rest.
They finally reach Pay'Tions again, and become human in order to enter the city. After a short visit to retrieve the medicine that Aesh needed, the two dragons head out once again. During their trip to deliver the medicine to Lord Da Vinci, Aesh learns a bit about Jake's guilt-filled past. Comforting her new friend, Aesh finally convinces him to start a new life and try for peace once again. They stop to rest, and the woman eventually forced Jake to fall asleep.

Outlaws-

After resting up in the med-building, See'r and Alchemy prepare for their journey. They were told to ride in the wagon with the spices, and eagerly agree. The journey was long, full of many mocking words and recollections of their childhood together. On arrival in Pay'Tions, the two are told that they have a week before the caravan moves onward.
Their long-awaited freedom was initiated by wandering about the town with a bit of spending money from See'r's father. They eat, and find a place to stay while they're in town. After doing so, they head off into the carnival that has recently opened up nearby. They soon find that their "best friend" status is slowly changing into something more.
Stopping by the ocean for a bit of playing in the waves, the two love-birds are interrupted by See'r's fear of deep water - and choose to just sit around in the sand for a while to talk. After getting their fill of words, they start a game of tag to dry themselves off a bit (good luck with that!). Their relationship dropped into the more "childish" sort of affections - perhaps because they were finally leaving those stages behind. After a long game of tackle-tag, the two head back to their inn to wash the sand out of their clothes and rest.

Day Two

Zealots-

The two Zealots then head out for a meal while pondering where the dragons have gone. Upon hearing the noise from the nearby festivities, they choose to check out the carnival.

Dragons-

Aesh leads Jake on toward her home, sounding eager to show him around. The dragons hunt, eating a nice meal as they continue onward. After discussing the difference in their size (Aesh being half the size of Jake), the two dragons take to the skies to head toward their destination.
Starting a race, they have a bit of fun. They needed to slow down after a while due to the strain on Jake's wounded wings, so took an easier pace into consideration. When Jake's wing finally gives him too much hassle, they settle down to walking.

Outlaws-

Slowly waking up, Alchemy finds her head on See'r's shoulder. After another moment of blushing and talking, the two friends hint at their changing relationship with a bit of confusion and fear. Alchemy isn't so sure she wants things to change, and See'r's actions have become more caring toward her.
As they head down for breakfast, their awkward moment finally calmed, the two start to ponder what they want to do for the day. See'r mentions hearing about a carnival that is nearby, and they decide to go check it out. They look around a bit, having all kinds of fun together as best friends once again. After wandering, See'r's attention is snagged by a voice from his past.
An eternally youthful boy, Devan, is the servant to a high-ranking Zealot named Abel. Many years ago, See'r was confronted by the two . . . and he lost his sight. Hearing Devan's young voice sent shivers up his spine, and he asked Alchemy to lead him to the stand.
With words that spoke of lies, Abel began to tell the crowd about miracles . . . and dragons. The general public wasn't so keen on dragon stories - most thought they weren't real. But as the day went on, Abel's words grew more and more convincing. He told the story, though with many lies mixed in, of the "heroic deeds" that had wounded a dragon. See'r remembered it as losing his sight (he was that dragon!). Alchemy recognizes the story upon a few promting words from See'r, and gets ready to darn well attack the man on the stage. Her friend stops her, knowing that Abel himself is far stronger than her. It was one of the many reasons that See'r had fought to become so strong - he'd been beaten so easily that day.
Alchemy storms off, leaving See'r alone in the crowd without realizing it. She was so frustrated with being unable to do anything, that she wasn't thinking straight. See'r tried to go after her, but ended up running into Devan. He avoided the youth, and continued his search for Alchemy.
The woman ends up suddenly realizing that she'd left him, and starts to look for See'r. Devan shows up, acting just as he looked - like a child. Showing her to where See'r was, they part on friendly terms.

Meeting

Zealots-

While See'r and Alchemy were nearby, Tweak and Cyril listened to Abel's silver-tongued words as well. Amazed by his sheer ability to lie, the two eventually drift away and find something to eat. Coincidentially, they end up at the same place as the two Outlaws.

Dragons-

Finally arriving at Aesh's home, the woman becomes more lively than ever. Hiding Jake in the barn, she brings him food and water without the other servants knowing. As he eats, Aesh takes care of his wounded wing.
After finally cleaning him up, they both choose to head in to meet the master of the household. Aesh hides Jake's wings in his shirt with the help of bandages, and then they moved on out of the barn as soon as they were ready - a cloak had been used to further hide Jake's dragon wings.
Da Vinci is hardly in his twenties, but seems much younger due to his sickness. As he questions Aesh (his trusted servant) about Jake, the three of them come to find themselves in a lively story about the "burning inn" from their visit to Pay'Tions. Come to find out, Aesh is quite the story-teller.
Both Jake and Aesh paint dragons in a friendly light, wishing that Da Vinci would listen to the good things about dragons instead of the worst of it all. After leaving the topic of dragons, the young lord shows off some of his artwork and sketches, glad to have a new friend to talk with.
More than a few times Jake almost gave away that he was a dragon, but Aesh helped smooth it over. While they look at the pictures, naming off scenery that looked familiar, Aesh excuses herself from the room at the sound of a wagon approaching the household. Come to find out, it is a sort of "tax" collector who charges Aesh for keeping her secret amongst her family there in the house. Jake ends up scaring him off, much to Aesh's delight.
Leaving Da Vinci to rest (after telling him what happened), the two dragons head down for dinner. Aesh shares a story with the children and other servants, and then they all head off to bed to wait for the next day. After fixing up Jake's wings once again, they say goodnight to one another.

A new dragon enters the scene - Leif. He is in Pay'Tions, supposedly choosing to settle down there somewhere. Not much is known about this figure - he still hasn't quite risen to his prime.

Outlaws-

See'r and Alchemy head to the opposite side of the carnival in hopes of ignoring Abel's presense. Finally able to escape their melancholy thoughts, they find a sweet stand and purchase a few cakes and other baked goods. Sitting down to share them, the two friends become more light-hearted.
The two Zealots (Tweak and Cyril) join their table to eat. They speak of dragons, and See'r seems to be wary about the two newcomers. Tweak does most of the talking for the Zealots, and Alchemy does most of it for the Outlaws. Though they started off on rocky ground, the four eventually decide to hang around for a bit together. Heading for the nearest ride - a Ferris Wheel - they all move along for a friendly bout of questioning and inquiries.
Cyril, constantly nudged and drug about by Tweak, finds his attention wandering while his friend does all the talking. See'r follows along after Alchemy, braving his fear of heights by getting in the ride with the others.
The four of them grow more accustomed to one another, though eventually step off the Ferris Wheel and part ways.

End of the Second Day

Zealots-

Tweak and Cyril say goodnight to one another, and head to seperate rooms. By morning, they were each called away by the Zealot forces - they said goodbye to one another for the last time before breakfast, and left the scene.

Enter Aaric, speaking with his father and Remiel. Being sent away from home (more like released!), Aaric leaves his old life behind. Though considered a Zealot, he isn't quite so hate-filled as his father. As he travels, he enjoys the simplicity of life.
Dusk nears, and Aaric finds himself confronted by a stranger - Makai. After a bickering sort of introduction, the two men choose to travel together for a while.

Dragons-

Jake and Aesh still sleep. . . .

Enter Rayeth, a dragon "pet" to the Zealot Abel. After being shown off in Abel's show, he manages to cause trouble behind stage. During his "show," the dragon noticed one youth - Byron - watching him. She snuck in the back stage to see him, which caused quite the bit of commotion with Devan and Rayeth.
Rayeth eventually leaves the silver cage he was held in (but not without pain, I assure you) to taste a bit of freedom. Hearing Byron calling for her pet monkey, he manages to guilt himself into helping her look. Boldly taking her along with him, they find the creature eating in a tree outside of the performer's tent.
While Byron assumes that Rayeth is really a performer instead of a captured creature, Rayeth doesn't ellaborate on the issue. They introduce themselves, slowly becoming more friendly as the hour passes by. After finding Knox (Byron's monkey), the two have a bout of silence. It isn't long before they are soaring through the sky above Pay'Tions, happy to feel the air rush by. After a detour over the ocean shore, the two return to the ground to part ways. Byron promises to show up at the performance the next day, and they each head off to rest.

Outlaws-

See'r leaves Alchemy at the inn, knowing she's asleep. He ends up wandering about the lower areas of Pay'Tions, and gets attacked by some street-dwelling gang that thought he was easy prey. After kicking the crud out of them, See'r is left wounded in the street. He was stabbed by a dagger from behind, and was bleeding badly.

Enter Cocoa, a young street boy who offers his help (though not very kindly) to the blind man. Apparently the fight was too cool to ignore. Bringing See'r to his medic friend, Ms. Valerie, Cocoa does his best to do whatever he is told to while See'r gets patched up.

Alchemy wakes soon after See'r leaves, and finds herself storming through the street looking for him. Worry and anger on her mind, she's out to get her best friend back to the inn at all costs. Devan approaches her, whispering about knowing where to find the blind man.

Enter Mablyn, who is leaving her home for the first time. After a full day of travel, Maye comes to find herself near the Outlaw encampment - and is confronted by Halt and his "daughter" Amy. The two escort her to the inn within their village, finally coming to rest within their normal habits.

Time Skip!

The day starts out with Byron and Knox making money! She gets some food with the intention of sharing it with the dragon whom she assumes is a paid performer for Abel. She gets there just in time to meet Skin and her companion.

There is an interaction between the Zealots and the youthful servant: Devan. While they interact and wait for Abel to appear, they are prudently ignoring the commotion coming from the tent.

Within the said tent, Alchemy went after Abel. She wanted to kill him for hurting her best friend, See'r. When she got there, she spoke briefly with the dragon in the cage . . . and then was attacked by Abel when he appeared. After a fight in which Alchemy ended up being sorely outmatched, she heard See'r show up.
There is an intense battle during which See'r strikes, but . . . in his blindness, his weapons hit Alchemy instead of Abel. As he stabs his best friend, he is left alone in the backstage area to listen to her die.

Abel leaves, nonchalantly heading out to see Skin and her Zealot companion.

- The Story -

Looking out over the lake below, Aesh sighed. It had been so long since she had flown over it's smooth waters - but she couldn't. Not around the humans. Not without the fear of death.
The woman brushed a stray strand of dark brown hair out of her face, looking rather depressed. This was life now. Life consisted of sewing, mending, cooking, and acting . . . human. Never could she be a dragon.
Unwilling to leave what safety she had, Aesh was unsure if she could live like she did much longer.
"Aesh-a!!"
The childish voice from inside called the woman back to reality. It was time to bathe the Master's children. As a maid, it was her job. Blinking her brown eyes slowly, Aesh headed into the halls to find the first little rascal. So the day began anew.

"You shouldn't be outside, See'r!"
The blind youth stayed silent, his head held high. The others didn't know what it was like - he was able to be alone and peaceful. But here . . . well, here he had things to do. There was never peace amongst the Outlaws.
"What if someone decided to take advantage of you? We'd find your body lying dead somewhere!" The older man fumed, sinking into his chair with a weary sigh. "As my son, you should know that your death would stirr the Zealots. They'd take you without a second thought!"
See'r stood with his hands clasped before him, still silent. The black blindfold that was tied about his eyes gave him a somber appearance - as usual. When the lightest of breezes shifted his long silver hair about his tall form, brushing his long black coat against his legs, the blind youth let a whisper of a smile grace his features. This was how things went every day. Normal.
See'r bowed slightly, knowing that the leader of the Outlaws, his father, had nothing more to say. Slowly heading down the hall and back to the front door, he slipped outside and into the morning air.
Another day. Another day I will be able to roam free.

"No, no," Tweak narrowed her single yellow eye, frowning at the cup before her. "Nonononono," she mumbled. "I put sugar in there, not salt. Blegh." Dumping her tea out onto the ground beside her, the wanderer looked up at the trees. "Sometimes I worry."
Her heavy brown hat flopped over her sight, and she shoved it back into place with a grunt. Whipping out a large stopwatch, she spun the dial happily. When it stopped, she grinned.
"North it is then."
Picking up her small ragged bag of belongings, Tweak headed into the trees. Off to hunt more dragons.

Last edited by Esmme; 01-09-2015 at 06:26 AM..

dragonjake
The one true dragon! >:D
Send a message via MSN to dragonjake Send a message via Yahoo to dragonjake

Old 03-17-2010, 08:36 PM

Jake was stood by the sea, not far for the town and he took a deep sigh then sat on a rock watching the sea lap onto the beach "i want to fly again" he moaned as he sat there looking at the horizon then he closed his eyes and listened to the waves "why is there nothing to do. i would love something to happen in this boring town, like a festival" then he sighed again and walked to his house.

MintyRey
N00b

Old 03-17-2010, 08:42 PM

Smoke was rising from the cigarette in his lips. "Tch. Only this much?" He said, pocketing the little amount he had found on the two unconscious men. Cyril peered down at his victims in dismay. "Why'd you guys have to go around paradin' as if you had a lot? And where'd you get those fancy clothes. Just for that, I'm takin' 'em." With that, he started gathering the expensive bejeweled costumes from the two men's backs. He would only leave behind their underwear and shoes. Now that he had a better look, the shoes weren't all that great, a tell tale sign that they weren't as rich as they seemed. Cyril groaned in self disappointment as he stuffed the clothes in his bag. "Well, at least these are real. They'll sell for a lot in town." As he turned away from the men on the ground, his attention was called to another traveler in the woods. She had an odd outfit for anyone from the area but somehow seemed familiar. He moved closer to get a better look but made sure he wasn't seen.

Esmme

Old 03-17-2010, 09:03 PM

Tweak stepped over a strange looking root, only to pause, spin about, and poke at the wood. "You aren't going to eat me, are you?" she asked the life-less root. After waiting for a reply, she nodded sagely. "It's not alive. I knew that."
Her yellow eye flit to the edge of the trees as she caught a slight sound, and she sat still as stone for a few moments. Satisfied that nothing was wrong, the young woman tugged on the tassle that hung near her ear, licking her lips. Nothing to be worried about. "You're just a little squirrel or something," Tweak said aloud, shaking her head. Her sharply angled navy hair shifted about her face, and she brushed a bit of dirt off of her black leggings. "I really worry for myself."
Blinking rapidly, the slender girl sniffed the air, breathing deeply. She tugged on the white tassle once again before spinning in a half circle and facing the direction she had originally been headed. "Off we go."
Oblivious.
-

Sitting still, Aesh (which means fire in Hebrew ;)) let her hands sit in her lap as she stared out at the warm valley below. She rested on the balcony now, having finished her chores with the children. Her brown eyes flickered back to the garment in her lap, and she sighed quietly. She picked up the needle and thread, slowly stitching along the seams of the small shirt.
"Aesh!!" The woman let her head shoot up, and she silently observed as the youngest child ran up to her with a worried look on his face. "Papa is sick!"
Standing, the tall woman brushed past the child and into the house. A few minutes later she was sent out onto the road with a pack. Bring back medicine. For a human? No. For a friend - absolutely. Heading along the road, the dragon let her head drop, her gaze fixed on the ground. It was best not to draw attention. It was absurd being sent alone without transport or protection - but it was necessary. Quickening her step, Aesh headed for the nearest town - a sea-side port called Pay'Tions.
-

Unmoving, See'r let the wind guide his hearing. It was training - he was in the middle of a match with one of the new recruits. As Outlaws, they were always looking for newcomers that would aid them and turn to their cause. Being one of the trainers there, See'r was one of the tests.
There. A slight rustling. The older man thought he was unable to fight back. And he was wrong.
See'r burst into motion, a thin silver chain unwrapping from his arm and snaking out to wrap about the other man's leg. With a tug, the blind youth stood over his "enemy."
"Never assume your enemy has a disadvantage," See'r said quietly, gently pulling his weapon away from the soldier. "Go clean up. My father will wish to see you soon."
Stepping back, he bowed slightly as he heard the other man do so, and then the blind youth stood still again. Next.

MintyRey
N00b

Old 03-18-2010, 01:02 AM

"Hm...Odd behavior, odd clothes, no alertness whatsoever..." Cyril paused for a moment before jerking his head up in enlightenment. "That's it! She must be a weirdo!" He still hadn't remembered where he had seen her from but decided to continue following her anyway. She was headed in the general direction he was and his equally odd reasoning dictated that wherever there were strange people, there was bound to be treasure of some sort. It proved true in the past anyway. Making sure to stay in the shadows, the stalker diligently followed the one eyed young woman.

Amaya Mori
The purple crayon of your life!

Old 03-18-2010, 06:09 AM

Alchemy stormed out of the little house she had been living in since she was a child. Thar irritating woman had all but forced the dress on to her again.How was she suppose to prove that she could fight just as well as the men if she had to were dresses when ever she went out.The blond would admit that it wasn't the worst dress she had been forced to wear.The soft black material stopped just above her knees and the dark red long sleeved over coat she wore tied along her chest so that the coat billowed out. ' All in all the effect is nice.' Shaking her head to throw the thought out of her mind she went back to mentally cursing her guardian and her attempts to make her more feminine.Pushing her way through the forest she stopped when the sight of a very familiar back came into view. It was a goal, or more a test, to her self that if she could sneak up on See'r then they would have to let her fight. Being as quiet as she could, a hard feet for the 19 year old girl, she made her way towards the blind male.

Esmme

Old 03-18-2010, 06:50 AM

Tweak seemed to have no bounds on her energy. The short youth practically skipped along as she went, her single eye watching the branches above her instead of the ground at her feet. Humming a broken snitch of song, she sniffed the air. After walking for many minutes, the young woman yawned, and reached down to tug at one of her boot's buckles. They rose to her thighs, buckled multiple times all the way up - and one of them was coming loose.
"Oh bother," Tweak grumbled, shaking her head. The action rewarded her with her hat slipping in front of her gaze. Pulling the thick brown hat away from her face, she pushed it back into place. "Now I need a new buckle." Muttering to herself about inconviniences, Tweak glanced about before continuing on her way. May as well stop somewhere and get a new one. Later. Cracking her knuckles, the Zealot shielded her eyes and looked to the sky. "Can't tell from here," she said loudly, sighing. Stepping over to the nearest tree, she scampered up as quickly as she could, peeking out over the tops of the forest for a few minutes. "Uh huh. Left." She looked the opposite direction. "No, no. Right. Definitely right." Dropping rather suddenly, Tweak hit a branch wrong. "Well cr-" her words were cut off by a rush of leaves and snapping branches as she slipped, hitting the ground with a cry as debris rained all about her.

-

Standing before another of his "victims," See'r bowed slightly. "You did well," he stated, clasping his hands in front of him as the other warrior walked away. Sighing quietly, the silver-haired youth stood still again, letting the wisps of wind soothe him. Without moving, he waited for the newcomers to break formation and head over to the food court for lunch.
Alone, the leader's son stood still. Waiting.

Last edited by Esmme; 03-18-2010 at 06:58 AM..

Amaya Mori

Old 03-18-2010, 07:02 AM

Alchemy paused while the newcomers walked away from her target. She contained her urge to lunge at him from behind, years of trying to knock down See'r at least once had taught her that that never ended well. So crouched down as low as the dress would allow her she made her way closer to him. Her crimson eyes trained to the ground to avoid snapping a twig or kicking over a rock.She felt a rush of pride that he hadn't noticed her yet, she took it to mean she was getting better. that or he was humoring her. Of course she pushed aside the anger that brought on. SHe did take her training seriously.Finally deciding she was close enough she propelled her self into the air aiming a high kick for the silver man's head.

Esmme

Old 03-18-2010, 07:09 AM

See'r kept his expression neutral, shifting ever-so-slightly to avoid the blow. Knocking her leg aside, the youth reached for where he thought her to be and snagged her arm, spinning Alchemy so her back was to him. His thin silver chain rested just about her throat, and he smiled a bit as he spoke into her ear.
"Good."
Pushing her away gently, See'r turned his back to her. He didn't have eyes - he wasn't limited by which direction he was facing. Lifting one of his arms slowly, he motioned for Alchemy to come at him again. He knew she wished for the fighting, the challenge. Who was he to turn her away?
Some of use admire courage.
"Again," See'r said quietly, his voice barely above a whisper. She'd hear him. She always did.
Lifting his head, the young man waited for her to sink back into the noise of the day; for Alchemy to try again. Perhaps this time she'd be able to pin him. Not many could, but . . . perhaps.

Amaya Mori

Old 03-18-2010, 07:23 AM

There was a moment of irritation, it came when ever she failed, but it was quickly ignored. " yes, See'r."Shifting herself back into a fighting stance she let her breathing even out and studied him for a moment.Most would think that without sight he would be an easy opponent, they were wrong.Reaching around with her left hand she grabbed the handle of her leather whip, the only weapon she was allowed to have. She had to time this just right if it was to work. using the force of her left arm she sent the tail of the whip curving towards his back. Hoping that the sound of the whip cutting through the air would distract him she lunched her self more towards waiting till she was close enough to send her unoccupied fist at him.

Esmme

Old 03-18-2010, 07:35 AM

See'r heard the whip - it moved quickly through the air, almost disorientingly so. Trying to figure where it would strike, he let himself be distracted. It made room for a greater blow. Alchemy's strike was successful, and her fist was able to stun him. He let out a muted cry, shifting back a bit. Shocked for a moment, See'r then recovered quickly, snagging the woman's wrist and twisting it - hopefully she'd let go of her weapon. His own was once again wrapped about his arm, and the fighter kept it there for a moment. Let this play out a bit more.
Instead of evading, which he usually did, See'r kept hold of Alchemy's wrist, pulling her to him. He slipped a foot behind her ankle, pushing her off balance . . . and tumbling into the dirt.
Slowly his pale hand moved to where she had hit him. See'r wiped expression from his face once again, and turned his attention back to the battle. Whoever could pin their opponent first was the winner. It was always that way. Moving forward, See'r listened closely to see what the young woman's next movement would be.

Amaya Mori

Old 03-18-2010, 07:49 AM

Somehow she always ended up on her back when ever they fought.It was o.k. though because unlike the others she knew See'r didn't go easy on her just cause she was a girl. putting her mind back into what she was doing Alchemy used her boot clad foot to drag her discarded weapon to her. This time she grabbed it with her right hand, she had a stronger grip that way.Flicking her wrist upward she watched as the length of the leather shot up before she twisted it trying to get it to wrap around her trainer arm. The blind had been toying with this idea for awhile now.If she could use the whip to drag him down it would be easier to pin him, he was taller then her. ' bringing him down to my level should help.' She pulled with all of her strength.

Esmme

Old 03-18-2010, 07:54 AM

The slightest of smiles flashed to See'r's face when the whip wrapped about his arm, and the silver-haired youth tried to yank away - to no avail. Being pulled forward, he couldn't help but stumble. Intelligent. Falling to his knees, See'r let out a small breath, tensing. Just as he moved to react, the sound of a few horsemen galloping nearby caused him to falter. Loud noises always did. Forcing the effect away, See'r had to re-think where Alchemy was, and then moved to find the girl's arm. Unfortunately, he was a bit thrown off . . . but that didn't stop him from fighting back.

((Gotta go! I'll post tomorrow. ;)))

Amaya Mori

Old 03-18-2010, 08:13 AM

Her plan had worked, at least this far. The leather was wrapped around his wrist and he was on his knees.A strong rush a pride hit her for a moment. When she heard the horses she thank her lucky star, 'this is it, just you wait See'r.'Alchemy used the distraction to her advantage. Springing up to her feet she moved as quickly as her feet would allow to stand behind See'r.In one fluid well practiced motion she slammed her elbow int to his back throwing her whole weight into it.

dragonjake

Old 03-18-2010, 08:08 PM

Jake walked into his house, then walked over to the kitchen but stopped and took of his cloak and chucked it by his door and sat down and let his mind go blank "well another boring hour, maybe when i wake up there will be something interesting happening" then he closed his eyes and nodded of.

Esmme

Old 03-18-2010, 08:25 PM

See'r hissed when he felt Alchemy's weight against him. Instead of falling to the ground as expected, the youth forced his way on top - when he fell, he drug the woman with him. Things were flipped now - See'r had Alchemy beneath him. Relaxing, the blind man felt his harsh breathing begin to even out.
"You grow stronger," he stated, smiling. Though he faced slightly away from her, the silver-haired male had his attention completely focused on Alchemy. "And faster." See'r chuckled lightly. "You almost had me."
-

Aesh headed along the road through the entire week. It was a long process . . . but her dragon endurance kept her going. The woman looked a bit ragged when she reached the sea-side city, but she did get there without incident. Moving to the first door she found, she knocked on the door. "Hello?"

((That way Jake can meet up with someone. ;) And they're both dragons. :lol:))

Amaya Mori

Old 03-18-2010, 10:39 PM

Once again Alchemy found herself on her back pinned down. If it was anyone else they might have grown tired of this outcome but the blond girl was persistent. Gazing up at the sky over See'r shoulder she smiled. Through the years she had grown very use to not looking at him while they talked, so much so that she sometimes forgot to look at other when she spoke to them. "Thank you. But almost isn't going to convince your father that I'm good enough to train with the rest of the men.Gods,I hate being a girl sometimes." Pushing him off of her she sat up dusting off the bottom of her dress and fixing her ponytail.

Esmme

Old 03-18-2010, 11:26 PM

"My father is a very stubborn man," See'r said, standing. He tightened the blindfold about his eyes before speaking again. "And you are a very stubborn woman. I think you'll get your way." The blind youth brushed his hand against her arm, motioning for her to follow. As usual after their training, See'r would get her something to drink. After all, it was common courtesy to be kind to others - and he seemed to have no problem being kind to Alchemy.
" 'Almost' is far better than your first try," See'r said with a small smile, shaking his head. Her first try had been . . . disastrous. See'r had hurt her that time - it was something that came with not holding back. The thought, as it did every time, made the youth tilt his head slightly and think of the same question: "Were you hurt?"

Amaya Mori

Old 03-18-2010, 11:53 PM

Standing Alchemy started walking next to her old friend and training partner. It was being reassured by See'r, and he was right even she knew she sucked the first time she tried to take him down.She had been young then, and well never again would she try jumping down from a tree on to a person. She still had the scar on her left shoulder from that incident.She was proud of it though, it was a marking of the first time she had tried to reach her goal of defeating See'r.
A huge smile spread across her face at his concern, he was always watching out for her during their fights. " Nope, not hurt at all this time." She regretted telling him about her injury the first time.Even back then Alchemy didn't like the idea of him thinking of her as some weak girl and she knew that he was upset about hurting her.

Esmme

Old 03-19-2010, 03:00 AM

See'r nodded when he heard she wasn't injured. He made less of a deal about it than most of the other men in the camp, but he was still worried when the battle ended.
Reaching the building they were headed to, his section of the house, See'r went into the kitchen. Since he knew it by heart, the youth easily reached up for one of the cupboards and pulled down a couple glasses, setting them on the counter before him. It was no time at all before he had water in each of them, and held one out in the direction he had last heard Alchemy.
"Perhaps next time," he said, sipping his drink.

Amaya Mori

Old 03-19-2010, 04:46 AM

Taking the glass offered to her Alchemy lend against the counter and took a gulp of the water.It was refreshing after not only fighting but the walk through the woods.The blond childishly stuck her tongue out at his words. " I will defiantly beat you next time...and just so you know I'm sticking my tongue out at you."Finishing off her drink she placed the cup into the sink so that it could be washed later. She had always been relaxed around See'r, Comfortable as if she was part of his family. When they were younger she would fallow him around like a shadow until the day she decided that she would beat him to prove her self as a fighter. " so, oh great son of our leader, have there been any interesting newcomers?"

Esmme

Old 03-19-2010, 05:01 AM

((This is the opportune moment for any people to join our Outlaw group. :lol: But I don't have anyone signed up. ;)))

See'r chuckled quietly when he heard that she was sticking her tongue out, and set down his glass.
"So, oh great son of our leader, have there been any interesting newcomers?"
He smiled wryly at the "title," and shrugged. "Promising, yes." He let his hand trail along the countertop for a moment, his fingers lingering on the scratches and marks. "Interesting . . ." A small smile at that. "The large man with the high-pitched voice. He's interesting enough."
The unseeing youth leaned back against the counter, crossing his arms.
"And the little one. He's shorter than you, Alchemy." He nodded in her direction, a smile tugging at his lips. "And quite the spit-fire. I think the two of you would get along just fine."

Amaya Mori

Old 03-19-2010, 06:35 AM

(( maybe you should put up a thread on the OOC topic forum))

Rolling her eyes Alchemy picked up the glass and put it into the sink with hers. Her back was still turned when she heard the blind male comment on someone being shorter then her.Crossing her arms she mumbled under her breath " I've grown taller." ignoring the fact that he could most likely hear her. Turning around once more so she was leaning against the counter she stared at him" than I'll just have to sneak around and watch the training from now on." Though it wasn't like she already didn't do just that. Even when she was young she would sneak away from her chores to watch the training, it was where she learned how to fight in the first place.
Playing with the ends of her hair the blond teen started to feel a little guilty. She had not only stormed out of the house this morning but she was also ditching her chores again.not to mention that See'r probably had to start training the new fighters.Putting cheer into her voice she asked" so when does the training start for the day, I need to be on time if i'm going to spy."

Esmme

Old 03-19-2010, 06:50 AM

See'r let his face remain expressionless once again before responding. "Just after lunch," he replied, tilting his head in her direction. "Though I will take the last few of them when everyone else is too tired to stand." In other words, he had most of the day off . . . until dinner, just about.
"I'll be sure not to stand under any trees."
The slightest hint of a smile tugged at his mouth, and the male prodded Alchemy with his elbow.
"You should finish your chores," he whispered, leaning a bit closer to her. "Before someone actually notices we ran off together again."
Slowly pushing himself away from the counter, he nodded, and at that moment a couple roudy men burst into the room to get a drink. See'r stood still until they had passed, and then moved along the familiar counter-top until he neared the door. Tilting his head slightly to listen for Alchemy, the unseeing male nodded once, and stepped outside into the warm noon-time air. In his free time he planned on helping a few of the men find matching armor and comfortable weapons.

dragonjake

Old 03-19-2010, 08:22 AM

Jake heard knocking on the door "who the hell could that be?" he got up walked to the door and picked up his cloak and peeked through the gap in his door and opened it, he stood looking at her for a bit the said "hello"