Esmme
See you later, Cole. "How do you...

Old 03-19-2010, 05:15 PM

She raised an eyebrow, tilting her head. He smelled different - more dragon than human. But that wasn't why she was here.
"Do you know where I can find the alchemist? A doctor, perhaps? I am in need of some medicine for my master."
Her brown eyes scanned over Jake, flashing back up to his face. Aesh smiled slightly, hoping her dirty appearance didn't make her look any less friendly.
"Do you know where I can find someone to buy the medicine from?"

MintyRey
N00b

Old 03-19-2010, 09:32 PM

It would be a while before the marksman could stop his loud laughter. 'Served her right, bouncy little oddball.' Feeling slightly sorry for the half-pint, Cyril walked up to where she had fallen. "Hey, you alright?" he asked, looking down at her leaf covered form. He hadn't noticed before that she had an eyepatch. He had thought it was some fancy hair accessory due to the odd angle he had been watching her from. "Didn't die did ya?" he added, lightly tapping her hat with his foot.

Esmme

Old 03-19-2010, 10:22 PM

Tweak looked up at Cyril slowly, her single yellow eye narrowed. "You're laughing," she hissed, looking suddenly rather . . . dangerous. She sat up, snatching her large hat off the ground and shoving it back onto her head. "No, I did not die." Standing, she brushed as many of the leaves as she could off of her. Her leather-covered arms were fine . . . it was her pants and hair that seemed to retain most of the mess.
The young woman grit her teeth as she bent down to wipe of her buckled boots, and when she stood, she was breathless. Narrowing her single eye, Tweak leaned toward Cyril's face, and poked his arm with a thin finger. "You're a Zealot," she stated, grabbing the chain around his neck to inspect the silver pendant. She glanced to the matching one around her neck before nodding to herself, adjusting her loose hat afterward. "We're both Zealots."
Tweak coughed into a fist, a few of the rings she was wearing glinting in the sun. "Ouch," she whimpered under her breath. "Damned trees." Clearing her throat, she looked up to meet Cyril's gaze. "I know you from somewhere." In a sudden switch of thought, Tweak pointed East. "I'm going to the next town," she said, licking her lips. "Rumors of a dragon living in Pay'Tions."

MintyRey
N00b

Old 03-19-2010, 11:25 PM

"Ow?" he replied in an annoyed manner after she had poked him on the arm. He now felt that laughing at her accident had been 100% the right thing to do. But it did surprise him to hear her call him a Zealot. Even more so when she proclaimed herself a Zealot as well. Her medallion was glinting proof of her words. "Pay'Tions huh?" he said, casting a considering glance in the direction she pointed to. "All right, I'll go with you." He now remembered where he had seen her from. She was indeed one of his comrades. She was at the southern base, handing in a report to the higher ups. He heard rumors that she was good at her job despite her various quirks. Either that or she was really lucky since he couldn't make out any sign that said 'warrior' on her. "Name's Cyril Noto." he introduced himself, sending a cloud of smoke to her face.

[If they don't have bases, please tell me so I can edit :sweat:]

Esmme

Old 03-20-2010, 12:38 AM

((Bases are good. :yes:))

"Blegh!" Sticking her tongue out, Tweak waved the smoke away from her face. "Alright then, Cyril. You can come if you want." She muttered about not wanting company, immediately shaking her head slowly. "I'm . . ." she paused, tilting her head in thought. "They call me Tweak. It's probably the best name for me."
Sighing quietly, the young woman nodded in the direction of the sea-side port. "Well . . . let's go."
Moving into the trees, she let a bit of a perk enter her step. Alright, so maybe it won't be that bad to have someone else tag along. I wonder how good he is . . . .
"How long ago did you get your badge?" Tweak asked, poking the medallion around Cyril's neck. "I'm going on my second year." She nodded, her sharp-angled navy hair flitting about her face. Her single eye moved to the male's face, and she smiled slightly.

MintyRey
N00b

Old 03-20-2010, 01:08 AM

"You're right. It is a fitting name." he said with a grin after hearing her name. He followed her in the direction of the port, walking with less effort in comparison to her energetic gait. When she tapped his medal, he felt it was the best time to keep it in his shirt once more. "Six years." he curtly replied, not even bothering to look at her or act friendly. Despite being on the same team, Cy didn't bother with niceties unless it was absolutely necessary. The only things he was interested in were money and hunting dragons.

Esmme

Old 03-20-2010, 02:11 AM

"Six years?" Tweak tilted her head in thought, catching her hat in the process. Then something else grabbed her attention, and she had to reign her thoughts back in to remember what they were talking about. "I would have been going on six years . . . but they took my mark away."
She let her single eye linger on the path before her, her steps becoming less erratic. Finally evening out her stride, Tweak sighed. "That's what I get for being . . ." she paused, "well, for being a nutter." A slight frown crossed her smooth face, and she sighed again. Picking up the 'I don't want to talk' vibe from Cyril, she merely shrugged, and let her hands drift to her pockets.
A few minutes of silence followed, in which Tweak merely watched the world around them, her yellow gaze observing the many drifts of nature and it's oddities. The young woman stood a few inches shorter than Cyril, though she felt much shorter. Her hat made her look taller than she really was. In all actuality, Tweak was about three inches shorter than her new traveling companion - without her hat. Her hat made it about two or three inches above Cyril's head.
Silently observing their surroundings and the man beside her, Tweak continued on the way through the forest in a direct manner . . . as though she knew exactly where she was going.

MintyRey
N00b

Old 03-20-2010, 02:40 AM

"How come?" he eventually asked. The silence had finally gotten to him. He let his gaze fall on her while he walked. While too much talking annoyed him, complete silence bored him. It looked like the forest would go on for some time. Best to get to know the partner you'd be working with before any trouble shows up was what he reasoned. His cigarette was starting to shorten. It was his last smoke. He truly hoped they'd reach the town before he ran out, otherwise, he wouldn't be able to keep up his loquacious mood.

Esmme

Old 03-20-2010, 03:08 AM

"How . . .?"
Tweak glanced to Cyril for a moment, and then her single eye widened in understanding.
"Ah," she cleared her throat, a blush creeping onto her sharp features. "I . . . it was nothing." Silence. And then her blush worstened. "I was helping someone take down a dragon," Tweak said slowly. "And they thought my training was sufficient. Two years ago, I killed the wrong man." She sighed, and her gaze dropped to the ground. "The dragon messed with my head, and I ended up slitting the throat of the man who was in charge." She emphasized her point by drawing a thin finger across her throat. "And the dragon killed most of the others. I survived . . . but the mangy beast took my eye." Tweak pointed to her gold-decorated eye-patch. "And I plan on finding that no-good, sunnuva-"
She stopped, gritting her teeth. "They only let me have my medallion back because I tried so hard. And now they say I'm nuts." Tweak rolled her yellow eye, sighing. "Can't say I disagree."

MintyRey
N00b

Old 03-20-2010, 04:10 AM

"Harsh." Now Cy faced her fully, taking in her features more than before. Especially the eyepatch. "So vengeance huh? Now that's more like my story." His mood was now light and sociable. Her tragedy reminded him of his own and it fired up his eagerness to hunt. "S' why I hate them. They play with people's lives as if we were toys." He placed an arm around the girl's shoulder as if she was a close friend. "Well Tweak, Imma help ya with yer revenge. If you ever find that dragon of yours, count me in to back you up."

[I wanted to post more but I'll be getting off soon. Goodnight for now :D]

Esmme

Old 03-20-2010, 04:28 AM

((Have a good one!! :boogie:))

Tweak eyed the arm he slung about her shoulders for a moment before nodding. "Alright. That's the one I'm going after now." Her yellow gaze moved from his arm to Cyril's face. She adjusted her hat, as he had bumped the ragged rim when he put his arm around her. "So I hope you're ready for some dragon slaying."
She gave a weak smile that suddenly grew, and she reached out to snatch a random leaf as it fluttered by. "Autumn," she whispered, sounding almost awestruck. "Fires can still start in Autumn."
Her single eye blinked slowly, and she smiled again. "I hate fire." Shaking her head, Tweak crumpled the leaf before concentrating on getting to Pay'Tions. They would be there within the hour if they kept up their pace.

dragonjake
The one true dragon! >:D
Send a message via MSN to dragonjake Send a message via Yahoo to dragonjake

Old 03-21-2010, 08:07 PM

Jake felt a bit uncomfortable being stared at by a traveler but then he looked over at a big brown hut over the other side of the village and pointed at it "there's a doctor over there, you can see it from here.Shall i show you how to get there?"

Esmme

Old 03-22-2010, 06:26 PM

See'r sat down beside a short table, running his fingers over the ragged bit of leather armor before him. Tilting his head to listen to the area about him, the blind youth slowly began to stitch a rip in the thick material. The course thread made See'r smile; he enjoyed being able to feel textures such as this - which was one of the reasons he volunteered to patch up armor for the other Outlaws. He loved feeling the nicks and gashes that were engraved in the different men's clothing and protection, loved feeling the rough edges and smooth surfaces.
His pale fingers ran over the thick stitches after he tightened them, and See'r sighed quietly. His father would expect him to return soon. The youth frowned behind his black blindfold, placing his recently patched armor down on the table.
"Be sure this gets back to it's owner," the tall youth said as he stood, nodding to a nearby soldier. When the other male muttered his response, See'r headed toward the largest building in the mountain-side city.
-

Aesh looked in the direction that Jake had pointed, and nodded slowly. The action made her dark hair flit about her face as it slipped from the twin buns on either side of her head. "I can do it alone," she said quietly, wiping a smear of dirt off of her cheekbone. Her brown eyes scanned over the boy again before she slowly turned toward her destination, and the dragon almost walked away. She turned back to Jake.
"Are you . . ." she paused, hesitating. Aesh looked at her feet for a moment, unsure of what she was about to ask. Perhaps it wasn't best to ask about being a dragon. "I'm sorry. Never mind. Thank you for your help."
Slowly walking in the direction of the medical building, the woman nodded to Jake.

MintyRey
N00b

Old 03-22-2010, 06:59 PM

"Is that right?" Cy said, removing his hand from her shoulder and searching his pockets for something. In moments he found it, the empty packet of smokes and his lighter. The lighter was gold and ruby, ironically emblazoned with a stylized dragon. It was custom made. For someone else, that is. The cunning thief had swiped it off the unsuspecting passerby. A crime lord from one of the western towns. He didn't know the man personally and neither one had a grudge against the other. He just happened to pass by when Cyril needed a lighter while flaunting his personal, bejewelled one. Of course, the thief couldn't pass up the chance and took it while the man was preoccupied. Whether or not his victim was truly a crime lord as the rumors were told, Cyril could only guess. But for good measure, he left the town right away. No need to stick around potential enemies and he was already done with his business there anyways.
Tossing away the empty paper box, Cyril flicked open the lighter and nonchalantly held it near Tweak's face just to see how much of a pyrophobe she really was .

Esmme

Old 03-22-2010, 07:13 PM

Tweak clicked her tongue in disapproval when Cyril threw the box into the brush, and shook her head a bit. She then let her single eye linger on the lighter in the man's hand. She tensed, and her breathing caught.
"That's not funny," she whispered stiffly, swallowing audibly. "Nonono, not funny."
For a moment, she was merely tense, and even stopped walking. And then she pulled against Cyril's arm, shaking her head. "No." She trembled, shuddering and keeping her yellow eye locked on the lighter. For a moment, her gaze glazed over.

Fire everywhere. Smoke filling the air. A dragon's cry echoing through the town.

Tweak shivered. It wasn't a memory, but a nightmare. The young woman turned her face away from the lighter, her frightened gaze flickering to Cyril's face.

Last edited by Esmme; 03-23-2010 at 03:49 AM..

MintyRey
N00b

Old 03-22-2010, 07:33 PM

Cyril smirked before pulling the lighter away. His face didn't show much concern for her fears, just a grin of amusement. But he wasn't mean, just curious. "Alright, alright. I was just kidding." he said, placing a hand on her hat and shaking it around in jest. "Didn't think it bothered you that much." Cyril pocketed the lighter before facing Tweak. "How do you expect to fight dragons properly with that kind of fear by the way? You do know they can breath fire right?" Once again, the Zealot blew a puff of smoke into the teen's face, as if to simulate a dragon's breath.

Esmme

Old 03-22-2010, 07:49 PM

Tweak seemed to shift moods the instant the lighter was put away. When he messed with her brown hat, she frowned a bit, fixing it when Cyril was done. When he blew the smoke into her face, she didn't even flinch. If anything, she met his gaze steadily - and then waved the cloud away.
"I will kill them, fire or not," she hissed, coughing into her fist lightly. She then reached up and snagged his cigarette from his mouth, a sly smile on her face. "And if you keep breathing smoke into my face, I'm going to shove this thing up your nose." Tweak almost tossed it aside, but then just popped it back into his mouth. Glancing about, the youth laughed, and waved a tendril of smoke away from her face again. "I sorta like you."
Her yellow eye moved from his face to his hand, and Tweak slipped from his grasp, holding her hat in place as she trotted ahead. Every step the girl took made the tassle that hung beside her face bounce, and the over-abundance of necklaces around her neck chink together.
"We are going to kill a dragon," she said in a quiet voice. "I'll do it alone if I need to." With a smile, Tweak brushed a few bits of dirt off of her shoulder. "To Pay'Tions!" Tweak jogged back to Cyril, linking her arm with his.
Already over the previous "lighter event," it seemed.

dragonjake
The one true dragon! >:D
Send a message via MSN to dragonjake Send a message via Yahoo to dragonjake

Old 03-22-2010, 07:50 PM

Jake watching the woman walking away until he couldn't see he then he turned, shut the door and went to his chair and sat there staring at his empty fire place until he was day dreaming. then he remember what the woman said before she walked off then he blinked "what was she going to ask me." he sat there thinking when he suddenly sat up "unless she was a dragon and was going to ask if i was one" he sat there, then after a while he shook his head "she couldn't have been. even if she was how would she know I'm one." then he went back to day dreaming

MintyRey
N00b

Old 03-22-2010, 08:14 PM

Cyril was caught off guard when she took his smoke from right under his nose. While a little annoyed by it, there wasn't much he could do. She was already bouncing around animatedly and before he knew it, the little oddball was clinging to his arms. It seemed her mood changed just as erratically as she moved. Perhaps it wasn't such a good idea to partner himself with this energetic kid. 'At least she has guts...I hope.' he thought. With a sigh, Cyril started moving once more, sticking to his own pace without regard to whether Tweak moved just as fast. Soon the smell of sea brine filled the air and the two finally arrived at the port town.
"I need a smoke." he said, dropping his shortened cigarette and crushing it under his foot as soon as they set foot on the Pay'Tions' cobbled streets.

Esmme

Old 03-23-2010, 03:59 AM

Aesh swiftly spoke with the man in the medical building, obtaining the medicine that her master needed. Clutching it in a small sack under one arm, she glanced to the house where Jake dwelled. Should I speak with him again? Glancing back down the street of the sea-side city, she shook her head. Best to just return to her job and previous life.
-

Tweak smiled slightly at Cyril, shrugging her shoulders. The youth let her hands move to her own sides, and immediately let a "normal" expression slip over her face. Best to hope people think I'm normal. The youth looked about the damp streets and vaguely lit sidewalks, her yellow gaze lingering on a woman that slowly walked along one side of the road.
"Where to start," she muttered to herself, and then placed her hands over her eyes and grumbled under her breath until coming to a decision. "The tavern it is." Tweak looked to Cyril, nodding once. "Good to run into you. Are you coming? Or will you just wander about until I find you again with news of the little beastie?"
-

See'r stepped out of his father's room with a smile on his face. The leader of the Outlaws was going to let him go out with the next batch of recruiters. He would be outside of the mountain-side encampment for the first time in his life. Eager to share the news, the blind man moved toward the training grounds.
Where to look for Alchemy? Tilting his head, See'r's long silver hair fell about his face as he listened for activity. Swiftly approaching some of the newer recruits.
"Has anyone seen Alchemy?" he asked, his deep voice low. Facing straight ahead of him, See'r asked again. "The woman I was sparring with this morning?"

Amaya Mori
The purple crayon of your life!

Old 03-23-2010, 04:25 AM

Laundry duty was what you got if you stormed out of the house in the early morning. Shoving the dirty bed sheet in to the bucket of cold soapy water Alchemy mumbled under her breath about evil plotting nurses. The blind teen knew that her guarding was trying to keep her busy till dinner so she didn’t have a chance to sneak off and watch the newcomers train. Red eyes stared down t her blurred reflection in the water; she would just have to think of something. She wanted to see these new recruits that interested See’r. Thoughts of her friend made their way to thoughts of his father. Slamming her hands into the water she began to scrub the stains with a bar of soap. She was just as good as those recruits, maybe even a little better since her years of sparing with See’r, why wouldn’t he let her train officially. She wanted to stop Zealots from hurting innocent dragons just like everyone else. ‘”It’s not fair.” She tried not to pout about it around others. She was alone now, outside the small building she and the medical woman lived in, so it was o.k. to let the frown deepen on her face.

Esmme

Old 03-23-2010, 04:42 AM

It was roughly a half an hour later when See'r approached the small building where Alchemy lived with the area's medic lived. Nearly tripping over the first step up to the door, the blind youth sucked in a breath as his knee struck the step's rough surface. I forgot there were stairs here.
When he finally stood straight again, he cleared his throat and knocked softly on the door. I wonder if she's still in?

Amaya Mori

Old 03-23-2010, 04:53 AM

Folding the last load of dry sheets into the basket Alchemy carried them into the house while the newly washed laundry hung out to dry. If the sheets were dry before the old bat got home then she was leaving. She’d deal with the punishment later. Setting the basket down on the kitchen table she moved towards the front door at the sound of knocking. Opening the door she stared in shock at the blind man in front of her. “uh..See’r? Is training already over?”Had she lost track of time while doing all of those pointless chores. That would be jsut her luck.

Esmme

Old 03-23-2010, 05:28 AM

The door opened soon after he'd knocked, and a slight smile made it's way onto the tall man's face when he heard Alchemy's voice. "Training?" See'r shook his head slowly. "No, I was merely excused early." Again. "Do you have time to talk?"
Tugging on one of his long black sleeves, the youth cleared his throat. "I have news about the next caravan that will be leaving in a few days."

Amaya Mori

Old 03-23-2010, 05:39 AM

Turning her head to make sure that there was nothing on the floor for him to trip on Alchemy moved out of the door way. “Sure come on it. I’m just waiting for the sheets to dry.” She was confused. Normally she didn’t hear news about a caravan until they came back, and only then it something worth telling had happened. Moving towards the kitchen she stopped turned then grabbed his wrist to lead him to the table. There where baskets lying around the floor and she didn’t want him to trip over them. She really needed to pick those up. Pulling a seat out for him she sat down across the table to stare at his face. “ So, what’s so great about this next caravan?”