Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 03-29-2012, 02:38 AM

Xander snorted. "Meat is meat?" she guessed, taking some for herself. She figured more protein was good, this far north. At least it tasted good.

"Long as the dragons find enough to eat, I don't care what it is," Corey muttered. "And as long as it's warm food."

Xander chuckled and started eating.

Mageling
Mostly void, partially stars

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Mageling

Old 03-29-2012, 02:44 AM

Faith was a little hesitant to try the meat, not knowing what it was, but it tasted good, so she ignored the mystery for now. She'd ask again later.

"Most of our dragons know how to fish," Ryan said. "It's part of the reason the weyr is near the water. Better things to eat there. And sometimes a few will go out and come back with a whale or something. Everyone gets enough food." And he was sure that food would be shared with the visiting dragons, until they picked up on the fishing for themselves.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 03-29-2012, 06:11 AM

Xander snorted. "You don't have to worry about Calypso, at least. Sounds like she's having a ball. Oh, she'll have shiny things to bring up once she's hollowed out a space, so there'll be enough to go around."

Honestly, she was rather amused with her dragon. Calypso didn't even want everything down there, she was just gathering things because she could and because no one else had yet.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 03-29-2012, 09:34 PM

Faith paused for a moment, listening to what her dragon was doing, and grinned a bit.

"I apologize if Calypso starts complaining," she said to Xander. "I think Lapis might have started to bother her about bringing things up from the bottom. Little magpie," she added affectionately.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 05-19-2012, 01:28 AM

Xander snickered. "Nah, I don't think she minds. I'm pretty sure she's preening just a little at the attention and the fact that she's the only one that can do that."

Mageling

Penpal

Old 05-19-2012, 01:58 AM

Faith snickered as well, and then glanced at Ryan when he snorted.

"Yue is out rolling in the snow," he commented. "She missed the north."

"Yeah, there wasn't much snow for her to play in around the Hollow," Faith replied, referring to the mountain weyr.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 05-19-2012, 02:05 AM

Xander snorted and shook her head. "Yeah, they seem to be pretty happy here. For the moment, at least."

"Vyren is currently wondering why he's sitting in a puddle of water and why the other dragons are avoiding him." Corey rolled his eyes.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 05-19-2012, 02:12 AM

"Not like that's much of a mystery," Faith teased. Obviously, the native ice dragons didn't appreciate the fire dragon around.

"They'll ignore him soon," Ryan assured them. He glanced at the other three. "I think it's a little cold for the three of you to stay in the eyries with your dragons, but I'm sure I can find some bedrolls for you if you want to try." He was used to it, having effectively been raised around the ice dragons, but the others wouldn't be used to the relative cold. The eyries were much warmer than the true outside, but they were still cooler than inside the weyr proper.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 05-19-2012, 02:28 AM

"Well since mine is digging hers out underwater, I think I'll stay in the weyr proper. Thanks." Xander shivered briefly. She was used to nice moderate temperatures, not this.

Corey snorted. "I'll be fine. Vyren gives off enough heat that I'll be comfortable in there with him."

Mageling

Penpal

Old 05-19-2012, 02:37 AM

"I wouldn't mind a bedroll, though," Faith said. Lapis wasn't as warm as Vyren, after all, and she didn't want to be too far from her dragon. Ryan nodded.

"Alright," he said. "I'll warn you, it won't get dark like you all are used to. Arctic summer and all that."

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 05-19-2012, 02:56 AM

"This is what blankets are for. You pull them over your face and it gets dark. Or you sleep on your stomach." Xander grinned, only a little cheekily.

Corey snorted at her and shook his head. He'd be fine, or he'd figure something out.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 05-19-2012, 03:40 AM

"Hush, you," Faith replied teasingly. "I'll snuggle in next to Lapis, maybe under one of her wings. That should work."

Ryan rolled his eyes at them.

"Well, whenever you're done, after dinner is usually personal time," he said.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 05-19-2012, 07:41 AM

"Alright. I'm cold so I'm going to go find a spot to settle down inside. I'm sure Calypso will have shiny things for everyone by morning." Xander shivered a little again. She rather liked her nice balmy coastal weather.

Corey snickered at her. "I think I'll go wander around for a bit and get Vyren settled in. Might as well start now."

Mageling

Penpal

Old 05-19-2012, 08:31 PM

Ryan nodded.

"I'll show you to the guest rooms," he said to Xander. He looked at Faith and Corey. "Will you two be able to find your way back to the eyries?"

Faith nodded. "I can," she said. She was sure Corey could, too.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 05-19-2012, 09:03 PM

"We'll be fine. Don't worry. And if we need help, we've got dragons that can talk to each other." Corey grinned briefly.

Zander waited patiently for them to be done talking so she could go inside and get warm. And maybe see if she could find some tea or something warm to drink.

At least Calypso was having a ball.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 05-19-2012, 09:27 PM

Ryan nodded and tilted his head at Xander.

"Come on," he said, gesturing to the door. "The guest rooms aren't far."

Once Xander and Ryan were walking away, Faith turned and started to head towards the eyries. If she was lucky, there would be a stock of bed rolls there, just like back home. If not, then she would ask for one. But she was going to stay close to her dragon, like usual. She glanced at Corey to see if he was going to do the same.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 05-19-2012, 09:30 PM

Xander nodded and followed him up to the main building.

"Happy to be back?"

Corey fell into step with her, taking his time walking over to the eyries. There was no rush, after all.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 05-19-2012, 10:03 PM

"It's home," Ryan replied, stretching a bit and shielding his eyes from the glare of the sun off of the snow. He figured it was close to nine or ten at night, in the lower latitudes, since the sun was starting its nightly dip towards the horizon. "Yue is pleased to be back."

"So what do you think?" Faith asked Corey as they walked. "About the north, I mean."

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 05-19-2012, 10:08 PM

Xander snorted. "Calypso's having fun," she agreed. "But it's too bloody cold. I feel like a walking popsicle."

Corey was quiet for a few moments, considering his answer. "It has its own charm," he settled on. "It's cooler than I'm used to, but we haven't frozen yet, which is always good. And Vyren likes it here."

Mageling

Penpal

Old 05-19-2012, 11:44 PM

"You get used to the cold," Ryan replied. He wasn't bundled up nearly as tightly as Xander was. "Although it's not as cold as it could be. It's really very mild right now." He briefly entertained the thought of bringing her back in the winter; that way, she could see the auroras properly and he could take her to watch the ice-carving competition down in the neighboring town.

"I'm not surprised," Faith replied. "Vyren seems to be able to amuse himself anywhere." Lapis, on the other hand, was watching some of the other dragons fishing. It didn't seem difficult, but she seemed to be having a hard time of it. "Lapis is sulking," Faith added. "Fishing here is harder than she thought it would be."