Hollywood
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-15-2009, 08:37 PM

Alright! In the sprawling expanse of this event, it's easy to get lost in the ebb and flow!
I myself have been hopping from thread to thread, never finding one place to anchor myself and earn me some CARROTS!

So, as many have done before me, I have succumbed to creating my own Hang out thread!

Please come and chat with li'l ol me!
It's been a while since I've been around for a Mene event, and I would love to meet some new people!

My thread doesn't have rules beyond the obvious, just come and chat and have a great time!!

A little question to start us off:
While on Mene, what else to you have on the go?

me: Right now I am switching between here and Gaia (waiting for those CI- O WOW they came out. I'm not impressed.... i should have guessed) Perez and Facebook.... and also playing a mean game of Civilization on my DS.... multi tasking to the extreme!!!

4nj3L
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-15-2009, 08:46 PM

*walk in * Hello! Right now aside from having... 4 other threads on here that I'm trying to reply to (too lazy to make my own thread and stay there), I'm finishing off the list for a scavenger hunt I run on Solia.

Hollywood
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-15-2009, 08:53 PM

OOhhh a scavenger hunt! That sounds fun!
Forgive me for being..... not in the know... but what is Solia? is it an avatar site?

Stallion Duck
an angel who did not so much fal...
Send a message via MSN to Stallion Duck

Old 04-15-2009, 08:56 PM

Hello.
I just jumped off Gaia, I finally got the last Easter Event, so now I'm here to tackle Menewsha's.
xD

Pa-pancake
\(@O@)ʌ...
Send a message via MSN to Pa-pancake

Old 04-15-2009, 08:57 PM

Poking in because I have time to try to reply in multiple threads but yeah Solia is another avatar website! :)

Hollywood
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-15-2009, 08:59 PM

I didn't participate in gaias easter event at ALL!
Its so muc easier for me to just buy what I like on their MP. There isn't anything there that holds my attention long enough anymore to keep me there longer than half an hour every couple days.
I do like the new aquarium penguin, and the salon update.... not sucha big fan of the April CI's though.... they need a breakthrough item.

Pa-pancake
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 04-15-2009, 09:01 PM

Wow! You guys are all really active in other avatar sites ^^ Mene is the only one I am on :)

4nj3L
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-15-2009, 09:04 PM

@Hollywood: Yep!!! Here: Solia. It is, but it's a pain to write up stuff for it. XD Though I was a bit annoyed when nobody posted for the last round.
@Stallion Duck: I've given up on Gaia's event. I don't have the patiences.
@Pa-pancake: OoO I know you!!! From another thread. XP

Hollywood
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-15-2009, 09:04 PM

Pancake, I USED to be super-involved with Gaia, but things change. I was never really interested in the games or anything. Just the community and the pixels. Its just changed so much that it doesnt hold much interest for me anymore, which is why I like Mene.... its all about posting in the forums!!
Though I can never bring myself to fully quit. Its like a bad car crash! haha

edit: 4nj3L- I will check it out right now!!!

Pa-pancake
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 04-15-2009, 09:08 PM

Holly: I guess when you put so much time and effort into something, you'd feel kind bad to just leave it all behind huh? But Mene is great that way... it encourages us to really participate instead of lurk all day. I love it here!

4: I'm everywhere during the event ^^"

Hollywood
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-15-2009, 09:10 PM

I agree completely, Pancake!!!
I devoted a lot of myself to that site... I had some really great friends. But everything changes. Someone posted a link to Mene once upon a time, and that was it for me!
Granted, I did forget about mene for a little while.... but since I've been back, I have been here daily. I really enjoy my time here. My only complaint is that it is a LITTLE slow moving. But the quality of the conversations generally makes up for the speed of them.

Stallion Duck

Old 04-15-2009, 09:12 PM

I feel horrible because I wasted the better part of three days on it.

@Hollywood: I like the Cherry Blossom CI but its not one of the better ones they've had in a while.

Hollywood
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-15-2009, 09:16 PM

Stallion Duck, so far I havent really been impressed with much the last year. They seem to have stopped caring so much about the CI's in favor of the EI's.... and even THEN... most of the EI's aren't that great!!!!

Stallion Duck

Old 04-15-2009, 09:17 PM

True.
Every now and again they have some good EIs.

4nj3L
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-15-2009, 09:17 PM

@Hollywood: Yey!!! add me if you do join. I have the same username there too.
@Pa-pancake: Xd I'm almost everywhere.
@Stallion Duck: I haven't seen them yet. Will go check.
I think Gaia has become to commercialized; they have too many sponsors and the prices for some of the cash only items are crazy. I'm only there for the events now.

Pa-pancake
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 04-15-2009, 09:18 PM

Holly: Mene is a little slow I agree but I think its still okay and rapid threads kind of give me a headache now that I was finally to able experience one here. So I decided that I like the slow and steady thread speed Mene has ^^

I have heard a few horror stories about Gaia and some good ones too. I like how they have ZOMG nd all. It would be cool if Mene had something like that ^^

$: That's great! Glad to see you are loving the event a lot! :)

Stallion Duck

Old 04-15-2009, 09:21 PM

I'm still on Gaia because I've got some friends that are too good to give up.

Hollywood
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-15-2009, 09:23 PM

4nj3L- I totally did join!! I'm just sort of reading through all the info that is included in the initial PM... then I guess I need to go post in the welcome forum and stuff in order to earn some gold! The avatars look really nice! I am definitely intrigued!!

@Pancake- I have also found that on the whole, users are a lot more friendly here, and are more capable of having legitimate conversations!!

Pa-pancake
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 04-15-2009, 09:26 PM

Holly: Yeap! I haven't exactly met anyone really mean or rude. There have been rather strict and uptight members but they are never rude or they don't have the intention to be.

The conversations here are actually really interesting and easy to jump into which is also why its very easy to make friends. I have definitely made a lot just since the event started. I feel as if I have known them for a long time ^^

tigerangel
(ó㉨ò)
Penpal

Old 04-15-2009, 09:28 PM

>randomly pops in<
During this event, I haven't really been anywhere else.
I check in on Zantarni and wajas first thing in the morning.
I also keep my unicreature window open.

Genji to Heike
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-15-2009, 09:29 PM

That's real nice to hear, you making friends (smils). It's always worthwhile to have friends everywhere you go. I have been away long so it's my first event after a long time but not necessarily my first one. Anyway, happy easter to you.

Hollywood
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-15-2009, 09:31 PM

Ducky- I know what you mean!!! I log in just to keep tabs on a few people. But the friendships aren't as good as some I've cultivated here!!

Pancake- I think I have witnessed a couple people be... erm.... rather catty under the guise of being helpful.... never to ME, but I have seen it... i think its quite obvious when someone is being all hoity-toighty (especially in the exchange... holy moly!!!!) and it can be quite off-putting. BUT mostly, people are great! like everyone who's hopped into this thread so far!

Where do you guys usually hang out on Mene?
I am generally in my shop in the exchange, and recently have been hitting p a few threads in the menewsha nation!

edit:
Genji to Heike It's my first event in a loooong time, too! I'm having lots of fun so far! Welcome Back to Mene!!

tigerangel, whats Unicreature? it sounds fun!!

4nj3L
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-15-2009, 09:31 PM

@Pa-pancake: ^w^ Yep!!!! I find Menewsha a bit slow, though that could be the fact I'm more on Solia and they've had a number of events recently and I'm part of a fast moving thread. *shrug*
@Stallion Duck: I never did make any really close friends on Gaia that I can think of., so it wasn't hard to become more of a distant lurker. Only one of my friends is still really on it.
@Hollywood: Cool! if you're in need of gold I suggest the game & contest subforum of Town Square. It's easy to make gold there. Plus that's where the hunt is. And the prize for each round is 2k.

Hollywood
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-15-2009, 09:36 PM

4nj3L THANKS! thats great advice! I'll start making my way around soon!!
I'm just gonna do a bit more posting so I can but some pants and shoes on, then I'll leave the coziness of the newbie forum and take my first brave steps into the world beyond! haha!

Stallion Duck

Old 04-15-2009, 09:36 PM

Sadly, I've yet to meet any good friends on here.