Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 02-27-2015, 06:43 AM

27 February 2015

While 2014 was a awesome year for fun, travel and reflection, I did not end up finding a job. Never mind, I'll brush it off as my unintentional gap year and I'll be more active in my job search attempt.

I'm a little tired at the moment from writing a job application under pressure but I managed to submit it in time which is a relief, that the time spent writing it was not wasted.

I feel optimistic at present.

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 03-05-2015, 01:08 AM

5 March 2015

Today's challenge is 100 words, so I'm going to try to keep this post short and sweet. I‘ve been thinking that it’s about time I start doing things to get what I want from life. The main thing is for me to be happy. The two things I feel will help me obtain happiness are purpose and love. My purpose in life is unclear but I feel starting a career in a job where I make a meaningful contribution to society is a start. I have love of family and friends but I am missing love of the romantic kind.

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 03-08-2015, 05:00 AM

8 March 2015

I like today's prompt...especially in relation to International Womens' Day. If I ruled the world I would do all I could in my power to ensure gender equality. The feminist in me also would like for all people to have the rights and opportunities to live self-determined lives free from discrimination. I once read something written on a wall somewhere and it said something like (and I paraphrase): Follow the rules, not necessarily the law. My interpretation of that is that some things that are right are unlawful. The reasoning I imagine is for privileged people to maintain power over disadvantaged people...and that is kind of messed up.

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 03-17-2015, 10:21 PM

18 March 2015

So today's prompt is cloud shapes...funny thing about that is that I have been looking up and enjoying the colours, shades and clouds in the sky lately. I'd even mentioned it in the stargazing thread in Menewsha Nations. The clouds here have not so much been in clumps to form shapes that'd resemble thing, but more like spotted patterns that are relatively consistent looking. I am rather fortunate in that my hometown does not have smog and hardly ever has fog so the sky is lovely and we can enjoy the glorious beauty of the natural sky, be it day or night.

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 03-27-2015, 07:12 AM

27 March 2015

The prompt for this day is 'I won' and I think it's a strange one because at present I feel like I've lost. I was to sing and perform music with friends over the weekend and I've come down with a cold so it seems at present that I won't be able to. It's a disappointing turn but I am still holding on to a last string of hope that I'll recover in time. It's not over until it's over right? here's to optismism in the form of hope.

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 05-17-2015, 12:11 PM

17 May 2015

Gee, where has the time gone...I haven't written since March and a fair bit has happened since.

Firstly, I wanted to update on my last entry, in terms of recovering in time to perform/sing as planned, I hadn't....but I went for it anyway. By the time the day of the performance had arrived I felt a fair bit better though not fully recovered. So I sang anyway and strangely enough, no one noticed that I was unwell at the time, so I somehow pulled it off.

In other news, I went out to eat a buffet dinner earlier this evening, and among the cold salads and cold meats was a plate of small pickles. Whole shiny green pickles just tempting me to grab the tongs and take one to eat. So I did, I took one and when I went back to my seat it was the first thing I stabbed with my fork and take a bite of. It was a surprisingly sweet pickle with just the right amount of sour.

So basically, I chose to eat a pickle today and it's because I thought of Menewsha and of Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa:

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 07-03-2015, 02:44 AM

3 July 2015

So June was an interesting month for me in many ways...but I think for me personally though, one of the most interesting things was that a guy asked me out. It is the first time for me and it came as equally a surprise and a shock because I did not see it coming at all. I had no idea he felt that way about me but I did and still think that he's a nice guy who I get along well with.

I said no, because there are significant differences culturally and I don't think it'd work out, most importantly because I don't have romantic feelings for him.

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 09-29-2015, 06:21 AM

29 September 2015

In recent months I went on two short holiday breaks, I had a good time on both trips.

I also celebrated my upcoming birthday, it was the first time I organised a party over 30 guests so I was nervous initially but it turned out great.