Kalyst
Kalyst the Conquerer is in!

Old 08-12-2009, 05:07 AM

This is a branch-off from MNPL "Mene's National Pokemon League"

Come on in, chat, hangout , whatnot -this is for all you Poke-dorks out there on mene who may want an event-special Pokemon thread. ;)

This thread will be hosting a special giveaway!!

Submit your Wish Tag to Jirachi before August 15 for a chance to win one of the following-

Hippopotas

*Slack Off

I, II or III Gen. Starters of any Nature

(Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile, Treeko, Torchic, Mudkip)

Code:
Wish Tag

Username:
FC:
Your Wish- (Hippo or Starters. If Starter, please specify only one)

**You may only submit ONE wish per day-all wishes will be given to Jirachi. From there, it will decide on which ones to grant. All wishes are based on availability of the Pokemon and when the wishes are submitted. Check back on August 14 to see who's been selected.

miku_hagane34
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-12-2009, 05:49 AM

ooooooooooooo i love pokiman XD but i think this might be spaming im not shur cuz its kinda off topic

XD

but i could be compleatly rong you know

Kalyst

Old 08-12-2009, 03:21 PM

ROFLMAO! Hahaha, what do you likes about Pokemon so much?

Oh and for anyone who might be confused about the Hippo, the move Slack Off will be breed on it. It's a move that only the Slakoth family can learn by leveling and is a one-turn recovery move-great for a tank/wall like Hipowdon, it's evolved form.

Lucentas
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-12-2009, 03:24 PM

'Allo! *wave* Nice thread you've got going here. I'm a big fan of the Pokemon games. :3

Pink-White-Chocolate
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-12-2009, 03:26 PM

Hello^-^
Pokemon is awesome!
I've got a lot of the games, plus a bunch of Pokemon cards.
I'm a fanatic, but not in a creepy way ^-^;

Meh Ish Dum
Devout follower of Jesus Christ

Old 08-12-2009, 03:29 PM

I'm the ruler of making pokemanz illegally. *ninja*

But not to go off topikz.

I don't understand the giveaway.

Lucentas
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-12-2009, 03:30 PM

I used to collect the cards until about the time Ruby/Sapphire came out...then I just didn't have the money any more, lol.

Plus it was around that time that my local Pokemon League disbanded, and without anybody to play or trade with, a trading card game isn't that fun. D:

JessiFlakes
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-12-2009, 03:33 PM

I loves pokemon! *w*

Like Lucentas, I used to collect the cards until Ruby and Sapphire came out... I stopped because I didn't want them any more. I ended up with some of them anyway (Skitty <3 ) because my friend gave me some though.
xP

Pink-White-Chocolate
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-12-2009, 03:33 PM

Yeah, I used to play with my brother, but since he moved out I haven't had anyone to play with.
My little sister is stupid and doesn't understand it.
Plus she isn't as obsessed with it like I am^-^;

JessiFlakes
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-12-2009, 03:36 PM

Pink: That sucks. >:
I assume you've tried to teach her and she failed, right? Lol.
I tried teaching my brother and he epic failed. xP

Lucentas
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-12-2009, 03:39 PM

I gave my Pokemon cards to my best friend for "safe keeping"--now they're sitting in her closet somewhere, lol.

My family never really expressed interest in the cards or games either--one of my sisters used to play Red back when Pokemon first came out and it was the big thing, but she never got as into it as I did. And they never really wanted to play the card game, no matter how many times I asked them if they did. xD

JessiFlakes
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-12-2009, 03:43 PM

Lucentas: Lol! I have all my cards in a binder. Except the deck my friend put together for me, that's in my "special box". And except the ones my brother gave away behind my back. I was sooooooooo MAD! >:

I was more into it than my siblings too, so I know what you mean. Lol.

Pink-White-Chocolate
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-12-2009, 03:47 PM

@Jessi: Yeah, she doesn't listen and she argues about it all the time.
I could never finish a match with her.

@Lucentas: Mine are in a shoe box next to my bed.
Every time I get a new card it goes straight into the box.
I don't even know exactly how many cards I have.
I'm tempted to count.

Kalyst

Old 08-12-2009, 03:49 PM

Lucentas-Thanks! *bows* haha, I haven't bothered to make it very pretty yet, but I'll do so in a bit here><

Gaaaa, I cried when the league in my area dies...good and there were so many really good asian players too. I used to make so many friends at the League.

Pink-White-Chocolate-Well, it all depends on a person's definition of creepy, lol. I have alot of the original cards myslef and practically all of the older versions but I never got Silver *cries*

Meh Ish Dum-The giveaway is done over Wii. Basically, when you fill out the Wish Tag and you include your FC (Friend Code) Tell me what time you'll be online (I don't know if everyone's inn the same time zone but I'm in California-so is that Pacific time?) and from there, I'll tell you what you'll need. Basically, I'll set up a trade over Wifi. You can trade me practically anything for them so you don't have to worry about what I want which is why it's practically a "giveaway"

JessiFlakes
-somehow, that's how m collection in the newer cards grew too><

BettyBeat
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-12-2009, 03:51 PM

Oh my goodness. I absolutely love pokemon, but I couldn't get past second gen. I hate not being able to Catch em all. hahaa

JessiFlakes
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-12-2009, 03:51 PM

Pink: Ugh, I hate that! My brother did the same to me pretty much. But he was always trying to fight with me anyway. >w<

Kalyst: People gave them to you too? Lol. I only wanted a skitty card, because I love skitties, but he gave me a bunch more because he was getting rid of them. He gave them out between me and two of our other friends, and I still ended up with more than enough for a deck. xP

Kalyst

Old 08-12-2009, 03:58 PM

JessiFlakes-yeah, a couple of friends and my boyfriend who said I had to expand my collection beyond the older cards. I haven't kept up with the rules lately but I bet it's so much more complicated nowadays...*cries*

BettyBeat
-hahaha, I know what you mean. I'm playing though Colosseum and XD for the Gamecube so I can get Ho-oh and another Lugia to Palpark to Platinum. Not like that'll matter as Heart Gold oul Silver is coming out soon but still...nice to have a Mt. Battle Ho-oh and a Lugia with Psycho Boost.

Lucentas
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-12-2009, 03:59 PM

@Kalyst: Yes, California is Pacific time. :3

I kept mine in a binder too--I had most of the cards from all of the sets up to about the third Neo expansion, I believe. I played a Psychic Haymaker with a side emphasis on Energy control--you'd better believe I had four promo Mewtwos in that bad boy! When the League disbanded, I dismantled the deck and put all of the cards back in their places in their sets, but first I wrote a list of the cards I had in the deck, just in case I ever wanted to remake it.

And then they introduced a bunch of new rules and phased out entire previous expansions and my plan was ruined. xD

I just don't think I have the money nor the social situation to start up again...although if I ever did find another community of players, I just might.

And it iiiiiiiis complicated. D: They introduced a bunch of new things. Ah well. At least I still have my memories of the good old days, when everything was new and simple...

*flargles* I'm so excited for HG/SS! Gen II was my absolute favorite generation of all time, but my cartridges' save batteries died years ago. D: I've been waiting to romp around Johto again for far too long!

Last edited by Lucentas; 08-12-2009 at 04:02 PM..

JessiFlakes
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-12-2009, 04:00 PM

Kaylst: Yeah, I think it would be too. >w<
And with Sapphire/Ruby comes double battles, so that would confuse everything too, wouldn't you think? ._.'

Lucentas: Four mewtwos?! Dang! xDD That's a good idea, writing down what was in the deck. Smart thinkin'!

xD They did? I never kept up with what they did, really... I was old school pokemon. xP

There's always hope, right? xP

Pink-White-Chocolate
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-12-2009, 04:01 PM

@Kalyst: Most of my cards are the American versions.
But I've got a bunch of Japanese ones, along with some Spanish ones.

@Betty: I know what you mean.
I can never catch them all either because you have to link up with people that have a different game than you.

@Jessi: That's what siblings are for though, right?
Lol ^-^;

Majinkoz
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-12-2009, 04:01 PM

Hey what's going on?

Pink-White-Chocolate
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-12-2009, 04:04 PM

@Majin: Not much.
Just talking about Pokemon.

Well, I've gotta go for a while guys.
Talk to you later!

JessiFlakes
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-12-2009, 04:05 PM

Pink: Except my brother kept trying to put me in the hospital on top of it. <w<;

Maji: Hey there. Not a lot. xP You?

Lucentas
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-12-2009, 04:07 PM

I have a few Japanese cards because the card store where I usually went to buy boosters also sold Japanese boosters and individual cards. I heart my Neo 1 Lugia. (Lugia's one of my favorite Pokemon, haha.) I don't have any in other languages besides English and Japanese, though.

But yeah...I think if I ever found another community of players, I'd be willing to spend the time and money to get back into the game.

JessiFlakes
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-12-2009, 04:10 PM

I have a few in Japanese and one or two in French. xP
The rest are all in English.
What's your number one favorite then?

*Nods* makes sense. I think my pokemon days are over though. xP