Seiki Nova
Wishing on Shooting Stars

Old 01-21-2008, 03:09 AM

My parents don't support the time that I spend online here on Menewsha, so if I were to bake anything to show anything that's site themed, they'd get really pissy and yell at me for my unhealthy obsession.

I don't do hardcore baking, but I like making deserts and breads. Cakes are fun to decorate for sure, and cookies come in so many different varieties. Bread is really fun to make too, and its tasty haha.

I would have made a Yumeh cake (not saying what kind of yumeh cake because then all of you would totally be taking my idea : ( ).

vadeil
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-21-2008, 03:12 AM

Please Partake of My Creation!
Username: Vadeil
Category: Confections
Creation Name: Awesome Apple Thingy
URL:
The Apples: X

De-skinned Apples: X

Cut Up Apple: X
Found out one of the apples where rotten >.<

Cut Up And Placed Apple Peaces: X

Finished With A Caramel Sweetness: X

Comments: Its made out of apples and caramel, a some what healthy midnight snack. as i said up there one of the apples where rotten T.T that sucked. I was inspired by the fact that we could use fruits in this contest.

Seiki Nova

Old 01-21-2008, 03:17 AM

That's too cute vadeil <33

vadeil
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-21-2008, 03:20 AM

thank you ^.^

i felt like a kid when i was making it xD

Seiki Nova

Old 01-21-2008, 03:23 AM

When you posted saying that you were going to do something with apples and caramel, I was like "What could she possibly make that's themed with those items?". I actually thought that it was going to be a caramel apple with a kitty, and the number 1 carved into it, so I was semi-on it xD But you did something a little more creative than that. : )

vadeil
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-21-2008, 03:28 AM

well if i felt like doing more cutting and had more apples i could have cut out all the letters and numbers and could have had a cat in the middle.

or or i could have stacked layers of flat round apple slices then decorate it as a cake with the caramel.

Seiki Nova

Old 01-21-2008, 03:32 AM

Haha! I think it's a cute entry just as it is! <3

Lyca
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyca

Old 01-21-2008, 04:14 AM

Oh goody, moar entries! mmmm Apples! That's really sweet.

I'm in a sugar coma now. XD

ladyumbra
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-21-2008, 04:16 AM

@ Knerd, yes well you make my mene experience awesome, you deserve to be symbolized in icing.

Hurrah for more entries and competition. Gotta make some cookies and pudding tomorrow.

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 01-21-2008, 05:21 AM

::starts a post and gets COMPLETELY DISTRACTED for forever, apologizes!::

@Karla: *giggles incessantly* D: <3 People who do video entries are so cute. The eggs kept hiding from you. XDDD Cute!

I'm sorry you had to make it secretly. XD That's sort of the reaction my parents had when I wanted to take photos for the iPod contest. "You're buying five dollars worth of plastic greenery from Wal*Mart... why? ?_?"

@Seiki: Yeah - I recently got 'fussed at'/'talked to' by my dad who was worried about me putting so much effort into Menewsha for free. :' I understand his concern. And I'd have the "unhealthy obsession" conversation with my parents before too. u_u; (Not recently, thankfully.)

I enjoy baking as well. :3 We have a bread machine, so that sort of takes all the interest out of it for me. XD So I just make my mom bake bread for us when I can talk her into it. 8D

But I do cakes and cupcakes a few times a year. And cookies once or twice. XD

@vadeil: I wasn't sure where you were going with this either, but it came out really cutely! :D I wouldn't have thought of that, I don't think. XD And the whiskers. XD Nyaw!!

@Lyca: XD My mom baked cookies today (just ginger cookies) and all I could think of was, "OHM NOM NOM. FINALLY SOMETHING AFTER ALL THAT TEASING." and I hate probably two cookies more than I should have and now I am like, "*___* ::wait for sugar crash::"

@ladyumbra: I'm really excited about that! :D Yay! Yes please do enter again. \X3/

MOAR I say!! XD

*finally finishes post. RUNSAWAY* :O

Karla
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-21-2008, 06:26 AM

Ck - haha. XD;~ <333
I knoww. ; o; <3

Hahaha. Nice nice. XDD <333

ToriKat
(ó㉨ò)

Old 01-21-2008, 07:58 AM

O_O WOO! Looks like a lot of new entries! *squeals*

More stuff to look at and wish I could eat. >D

Sakura_Madison
The Lover of Red
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Sakura_Madison Send a message via MSN to Sakura_Madison Send a message via Yahoo to Sakura_Madison

Old 01-21-2008, 03:29 PM

I have to upload mine today. I got nice pics for my nice cake!

Tre Le Coco

Old 01-21-2008, 04:05 PM

i should go buy some cake mix in my lunch break today xD

hehe i shall use my super food photo taking skills :twisted:

fuyumi_saito
(。・ω・&...
Send a message via MSN to fuyumi_saito

Old 01-21-2008, 04:13 PM

I think i'm going to make cookies.. The entry for the cookie one is great though, so I don't know how well I'll do..but I'll try my best ^^

Edit: I just remembered something I saw on tv..though mines going to be a lot different from it but still, it's similar *is now very excited*

Cami
(ó㉨ò)

Old 01-21-2008, 05:31 PM

Yay for another video entry. XD Karla, your cake is so much better than mine is.

Seiki and CK: While I was visiting my parents, my mom asked me in a disgusted tone, "How much time do you spend online when you're at school?" And I replied, "Less time than you spend watching TV."

Karla
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-21-2008, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amari Tsuki
Yay for another video entry. XD Karla, your cake is so much better than mine is.

Seiki and CK: While I was visiting my parents, my mom asked me in a disgusted tone, "How much time do you spend online when you're at school?" And I replied, "Less time than you spend watching TV."

xDD Thanks.
I think you're came out better. x3;;
Mine had a lot of accidents. ; o;

Archer
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 01-21-2008, 06:08 PM

Username: Archer
Category: Cakes
Creation Name: Yumeh's Paw Print Birthday Cake
URL: Happy Birthday Yumeh!
Side View
Top View
Comments: This cake didn't turn out exactly as I had envisioned it. In fact, my idea's for it changed several times as I was baking and the paw prints were a last minute decision. (I was running out of frosting! ;A; )

It's a chocolate fudge cake with chocolate mousse in the center. Yum yum. Except when I was waiting for the mousse to set in the fridge... it never did. I'm hoping it will do it's job, though, of adding moisture to the cake. <3 The frosting is a basic Wilton buttercream, but will milk instead of water to add to the taste. The only good thing about winter is that I can store cakes with spoilable frosting out in the garage. XD Covered, of course. >> <<;

I couldn't figure out how to work green into the cake, but I managed blue in the frosting and gold foil on the cake board and the gold (Well.. yellow.. u_u ) sparkles and candle on top. I haven't tasted it yet, but my family and I will enjoy it after dinner tonight. <3

Karla
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-21-2008, 06:26 PM

That is an amazing cake Archer. x3;;

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 01-21-2008, 06:29 PM

@ToriKat - You and me both, sister. You and me both. ;___;

@Sakura_Madison - Yay! \o/ MOAR entries. X3

@Tre Le Coco - That would be wonderful! XD I can't wait to see super-food photos! :o

@fuyumi_saito - The more entries the better! I'd love to see more cookies entries! :3

@Amari Tsuki - Sadly, I can't say the same to my parents. XD Combined, they probably watch less television than I spend.... I dunno... Drawing. They may watch as much as two hours a day, each. But if you average it out over a week, they still probably watch less tv a week, each, than I spend a day online. >_>;;

@Archer - Yayyyy! XD Another entry! And it's very cute! I like the little paw-tracks along the sides! :3

\o/

MOAR entries while I am at work! MOAR!

(Please. XD)

<3

Reya
*^_^*

Old 01-21-2008, 08:30 PM

Lets see if this works correctly...:crosses fingers:...

Username: Reya
Category:Cookies
Creation Name: Yumeh's Yummy Birthday Cookie!
URL:I hope this workes!
Angular View: http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/a.../Meneangle.jpg
Top View: http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/a...sa/MeneTop.jpg Close up!: http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/a...enecloseup.jpg
Comments: Yes, this larger-than-your-head block of sugar is really a cookie! Measuring 113/4 inches its almost a cake!...but not.

Im very proud of my self and the fact that i did not get burned! I have an ongoing argument with the oven and every time i use it it attacks me.

This did not go as i would have hopped tho'. While the edges burned the middle was still gooey, so i had to put tin foil around the edges(or, because i was afraid of the oven, get my braver father to do it for me. Under strict orders and supervision of course. >.< ). I was planning on using chocolate frosing for the Yumeh, but when i opened it, someone had slashed open the sealer thing, so aparently it was "tampered with" and "unsafe to eat", i say it was a waste of perfectly good frosting... :( , but i had to mix all of the food dye to get a blackish color, so now i have blue hands and yellow all over my face! And it doesn't come off! I also stuck my thumb through the frosting tube when i was doingthe bday hat...ruined my nail polish! XB.

I think it turned out pretty good tho! Were going to eat it...well, as soon as i get the picture up and posted...so i better hurry!

Happy Birthday Mene!

Cami
(ó㉨ò)

Old 01-21-2008, 08:59 PM

Man, I want a piece of Archer's cake. That sounds fabulous.

I also really like Reya's cookie. Cookie cakes have always been my favorite.

Azureile
(ο・㉨・&...
Send a message via AIM to Azureile

Old 01-21-2008, 11:50 PM

Username: Azureile
Category: Birthday Confections
Creation Name: Yumeh's Yum-meh Fishy-not-a-Fish
URL: x

No Bites
One Bite
Two Bites
Three Bites, Gone!

Comments: Simply made with bread, peanut butter, and sugar. Oh, and a broken Smartie for the eyes.

I ate it all in three bites. :D

Lyca
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyca

Old 01-22-2008, 12:09 AM

I love your cake Archer! I just learned how to do ruffles. hehe....I think we took the same class.
Yay for Wilton.

Candiie
(◎_◎;)

Old 01-22-2008, 12:14 AM

that cake is AMAZING!! archer!! O___O