Mythos
deimoni isos

Old 11-16-2013, 04:54 AM

Last edited by Mythos; 01-02-2014 at 07:58 AM..

Mythos
deimoni isos

Old 11-16-2013, 05:33 AM

I've prepared quite the surprise!

Are you ready for this?

Before the snow started falling I hid so many presents out and around this
little winter wonderland village just for you to find! There are dozens of
different packages out there in their own little hiding spots just waiting to
be discovered but, uh, I have to warn you that with all of this holiday spirit
floating around there might be a few extra challenges in getting to these
gifts than just running around and looking for them!

Last edited by Mythos; 12-22-2013 at 09:00 PM..

Mythos
deimoni isos

Old 11-25-2013, 09:36 AM

The objective of this game is to use each round to travel around the map in order to find hidden presents. To do so you will need to fill out a form for each round in order to indicate which direction you are intending to travel and how you are planning on overcoming the daily obstacle.

Each of the three options for overcoming these challenges will have different results in how successful you were in overcoming said challenge that round. This ranges from not moving at all to moving two squares in one round. This equates to having a 1-in-3 chance of receiving an item each time you play.

The map will remain the same each day as will the presents which correspond to each location on the map. Because of this your presents will be unwrapped once all of the rounds have been completed.

Please note:
  • One account only: mule* or main. NOT BOTH.
  • Trades with unwrapped prizes will be sent after the last round ends
  • Accept trades within 1 month or prizes will be forfeit and donated to active charities
  • Rounds will end/begin at 12 Midnight Mene time (PST)** as presented on the forum timestamps.
  • Use the form! I will NOT accept any imitations!
* Approved charity mules are welcome to get items for their charities.
** The first round will end on 11:59 Mene time Dec 24th in order to give everyone a full first day to post!

STEP-BY-STEP DIRECTIONS:
  1. Check out the map and your current location
  2. Decide how to overcome the daily challenge by choosing A, B or C
  3. Decide which direction you're going to head in this round by choosing North, East, South or West
  4. Copy and Paste the form and fill in your choices
  5. Check out your results
  6. Repeat the next round!

Q: Are there spaces with no presents?
A: Nope! Each space on the map has a gift box associated with it with the exception of F6 (the origin point with the crossed candy canes!) Which has NOTHING. Please try to avoid landing in this square. However there is a chance that you will not overcome the daily obstacle and will therefore will not get a prize for that round.

Q: What if I don't win anything because I'm just hugely unlucky during the event?!
A: Don't worry! I will be keeping track to see how everyone fares throughout the event and if I feel you were exceptionally unlucky you will get some kind of consolation prize.

Q: Do I get two of something if I land on a square twice?
A: No. You've already gotten your gift from that space so it doesn't pay to back track!

Q: What do I do when I get to the edge of the map? Do I carry on to the other side like in Asteroids?
A: No, you will be stopped at the end square and will need to turn. Effectively you would be running into a fence so keep inside the playing field or, uh, bears will get you! BEARS!

Q: How many times can I move each round?
A: Once. You can move once. If you accidentally post the same form twice I will only count the first one.

Q: Can I go Northeast? Or Due Southwesternish(but-more-South-than-west)??
A: Yeah, sure, but not in a single round. Please select either North, East, South, or West not a combination of any two.

Q: When do I get to find out what I've collected?
A: At the tail end of the event or just afterwards depending on the size of everyone's hauls there will be an 'unwrapping' thread.

Q: Am I allowed to play/continue playing if I missed a day?
A: Of course! In the event that you miss a day (or even several) it will be as if you haven't moved from the spot you previously occupied.

Last edited by Mythos; 12-26-2013 at 07:16 AM..

Mythos
deimoni isos

The event is over! You will be able to open your gifts soon!

Last edited by Mythos; 01-04-2014 at 05:54 AM..

Mythos
deimoni isos

AFeel your way onward
1 Space

Things are going to go slow-- let's be honest that's more because you don't want to bump your shins into anything than trample anyone-- but you manage to find your way out of the middle of the cloud by dropping to your hands and knees and bear-crawling forward however there were a few times your hands got trapped under some shoes... Ouch!

B Use an umbrella
2 Spaces

You have to admit it was a very good thing you sprang for the heavy duty umbrella! For a few minutes you're more concerned with keeping the confetti off of your rock'n doo but when it becomes clear you're not going to get anywhere in a hurry by bumping around in the crowd you use your umbrella as a people-plow to get out of the colorful chaos and back to hunting down your last gift!

C Use a massive fan
0 Spaces

Suckers! You were so prepared for this moment... everyone better get out of the way! As soon as the first flecks of confetti start to drop down you pull a massive fan out of... where did you even get that, anyways? You laugh maniacally as you turn it on and rush forward for your glorious gift which awaits you but are suddenly tugged backwards as the cord reaches it's limit. Next year you'll have to remember the extension cords!

Last edited by Mythos; 01-04-2014 at 05:52 AM..

Mythos
deimoni isos

Old 11-25-2013, 09:37 AM

The right-most coordinate represents your current location.

Heads up! Your Round 10 locations have not been added to this thread yet!

~LONGCAT~ || F5 | H5 | J5 | J4 | K4 | K2
.Simplicity. || F8 | D8 | C8 | B8

Admiral || E6 | C6 | C8 | A8 | A10
Angel Spirit Girl || F5 | E5 | E7 | F7 | H7 | H6 | H4
Antagonist || D6 | D8 | C8 | B8
Aoi Kazuya || F4 | F2 | D2 | B2 | B4 | B6 | B8
Ascadellia || E6 | D6 | F6 | F5 | F3 | H3
Anglie || F8 | H8 | J8 | J10 | J11 | K11 | K10

beautiful_psycho || G6 | E6 | E8 | E9
BellyButton || F7 | F8 | G8 | I8 | I10 | I11
blueblackrose || F8 | H8 | J8 | J7 | J6 | J4 | K4
BrotherOfDarkness || D6 | B6 | A6 | A5 | A4 | C4

Cardinal Biggles || F8
Chexala || G7 | H6 | H5 | J5 | J4 | J2
ClockReject || G6 | G4 | G2
ClockworkLupine || G6 | G7 | I7 | I9 | I8
Cora || F6 | D6 | D8 | F8 | H8
CrimsonShadow || G6 | E6 | E8 | F8 | F7 | F5 | H5

d2hiriyuu || G6 | G5 | G4 | G2 | G1
Damia Flagg || G6 | G5 | H5 | J5 | J7
DariaMorgendorfer || H6 | H8 | G8 | F8 | F6 | F5
Darth Mudkip || G6 | I6
derpy_shy || E6 | D6 | D7
dessertdesiert || E6 | E8 | F8
Divacita || H6
DivineHeart || G6 | G8 | E8 | F8 | D8 | D7 | B7 | B6
dragoness129 || D6 | D7
Dystopia || G6 | I6 | I4 | J4 | K4

EirianHikari || E6 | E7 | D7 | C7
Ethos || F8 | H8 | H6 | I6 | J6 | K6 | K4 | I4

fireprincess || F4 | D4 | D3 | B3 | B1

girlbot9 || F7 | F6 | H6 | H7
GwenaHikari || F8 | H8 | J8 | K8 | K7 | K5

Hadsvich || F5 | D5 | D6 | C6
heartages || F8 | H8
hilarbees || F5 | D5 | D7 | D8 | B8 | B10
hummy || F8 | D8 | D6 | B6

iamnotspam E6 | E5 | C5
iC[a]ndy || F6 | F4 | E4
Irishrain || H6 | H8 | H10 | I10 | H10
Iroase Delschatten || F7 | F9 | F7 | H7 | J7 | J5 | J4
Ivvy || F4
Izumi || F8 | F10

Jeannesha || F8 | H8 | J8 | J6 | J4 | H4 | F4
JellyFairy || D6
jhecvincent || D6

Kamikaze Kendra || H6 | F6 | F8 | F10
KatMagenta || F4 | H4 | J4
Kent || G6 | G8 | I8

LaVida || D6 | B6 | A6 | A8 | A10
Ling || F7 | F8 | D8 | D7 | D6
Linnea || E6 | C6 | C8
Liztress || H6 | J6 | J7 | H7

Mageling || F8 | D8 | D6 | B6 | B8 | B9 | B11
Maha-Aamir || E6
maidenroseheart || F7 | D7 | C7 | C8 | C10 | E10
Maria-Minamino || F8 | D8 | D6 | B6 | B8
Mikio || F8 | E8
M i n u x e || G6
Mnemosyne || D6 | F6 | F4 | G4 | H4 | J4
musasgal || E6 | D6 | D5 | D3 | C3

Nema || E6 | E4 | C4 | C3 | B3 | B4 | B5
Neora || G6
Nephila || F5 | H5 | I5 | K5

onsenmark || F5 | G5 | I5 | I7 | I8 | H8

PapillonCameo || D6
pollik17 || E6 | G6 | G7 | F7 | D7
PopcornGun || E6 | G6 | G5 | G6
PrincessKasumi || F8 | F10 | H10 | I10 | I9 | I7 | I6 | I4

R a n d e h || F8 | H8 | H10 | H8 | J8
Rochiel Silverfire || F7 | F9 | F11 | H11 | J11 | J10 | J8
Roxxxy || F5 | D5 | D7

sadrain || D6 | D8 | D10 | C10 | E10 | G10 | G9
Saravi Boo || H6 | H4 | J4 | K4
Seridano || F4 | D4
Shadami || H6 | J6 | J4 | K4 | K2 | J2 | H2
Shania583 || F5 | F3 | F1 | E1 | E2 | E3 | E5
shinigamikarasu || F7 | D7 | D5 | C5 | C4 | B4 | B6
Silver Storm || F8 | F10 | D10 | D8 | D7 | D5 | D3
spicedroses || F6 | F8 | F10 | E10 | C10 | C8
star200shadow || F7 | E7 | D7 | D6 | D5 | D3
steelmagghia || F5 | F3 | F1 | G1 | G3 | G5 | I5
SuperZombiePotatoe || D6 | D8 | F8 | G8 | I8 | I7 | I9
Suona || G6

TimmyTheNerd || F5 | F7 | H7
The_Crow || F7 | F9 | D9 | B9

Vickyll3 || H6 | G6 | F6 | G6 | H6 | I6 | J6
Velvet || F5 | F7 | D7 | D5 | B5 | B4
Vox || G6 | I6 | J6 | J4 | J3 | H3 | H2 | F2

WherededIGo || D6 | D7 | D6 | D4
wish || F4 | F6 | H6 | H5 | G5 | E5 | E6
Woofie267 || F8 | G8 | I8 | I9
Woodlandnymph || D6 | D4
Wrenji-chan || G6 | I6
Wyrmskyld || F5 | F3 | F1 | D1 | C1 | B1

x---AznCo0ki3 || F7 | F9 | D9 | C9 | C8 | C7 | C5 | D5
xxlostlightxx || F7

zigbigadorlube || F7 | E7 | G7 | G9 | F9 | E9
Zombie Pixie || G6 | H6 | H7 | F7

Last edited by Mythos; 01-15-2014 at 05:46 AM..

Mythos
deimoni isos

Round 1 - Tragically Tangled Lights

Err, uh, I might have left some of those string lights hanging around. And by 'some' I might mean a massive web of hopelessly tangled string lights that form a gloriously festive spider web across the... everywhere.

A Daring Acrobatics - You're feeling rather spry! You try to tumble and dive through the web of lights!
B Chop them down - Who is going to miss a few lines in this mess? You give hacking a way through a go!
C Untangle the mess - What a mess! It needs to be done anyways. You work on untangling the wires in your path.

RESULTS

A Do some daring acrobatics
2 Spaces

Well look at you all diving and twisting about in the snow like an over caffeinated ermine! Those blinking tripwires are no match for your mad aerobatic sashay as so many try to wriggle and jiggle through the tangle. Your landing would have been perfect if there weren't a patch of ice right under foot causing you to slide into the next snow bank but your nose landed right on your first giftbox! Lucky you!

B Chop them down
0 Spaces

The anticipation of goodies galore out there in the snow is too exciting to let it lie! Without hesitation (or critical thinking) you pull out your trusty hedge clippers and snip your way into the problem wires. Not three snips into the snarl of bulbs and cords you encounter a very shocking... shock! With a cartoonish puff of smoke rising off your on-end hair you decide that getting rid of the twitches and sparks will be enough of a gift for right now!

C Untangle the lights
1 Space

What a mess! Who put up these wires? An amateur weavers club? Tut-tut! You set yourself to methodically mull over the muddled mess with determination and systematic tugs. Where all else fails you even go as far as untwisting a few bulbs to get them loose from the greater gnarl. It certainly took a huge chunk of time out of your day but in the end, with tired fingers and eyes, you managed to drag a giftbox out of the snow while wrapping up that last string of lights.

Last edited by Mythos; 12-27-2013 at 05:33 PM..

Mythos
deimoni isos

Round 2 - Holiday Crowds

Oh good! You made your way through the lights... well... some of you did. Either way by today you've definitely made it out of the webby mess of lights but then again so have many others. Many, many others in fact. Hoards of them are swarming the little holiday village trying to do whatever it is people do this time of year en masse. I didn't know winter villages had traffic jams but you're in the middle of one now!

A Ask to pass by politely - It never hurts to be polite! You're certain they'd move if you just ask!
B Dance your way onward - With enough jazz hands and hip shimmies hopefully the crowd will part!
C Run right at them - Red rover, red rover you'll bowl your way over (Whether they move of not!)

RESULTS

A Ask to pass by politely
1 Space

How sweet you are! While everyone is shouldering their neighbors out of the way, you make your way onward with polite requests and even a little helpful side-stepping, yourself. Charming your way through seems to have worked fairly well but unfortunately some of these not-so-merry meanderers do not take to your kindly appeal as you had hoped and rather rudely check you into place after only a little progress forward.

B Dance your way onward
2 Space

Where did those maracas come from? How did you get those castanets? Honestly, there isn't any music playing besides whatever tune it is you've got going on in that noggin you are waving your hands and tapping your toes to. Even more astonishing than your ability to keep a beat while one is otherwise missing is the fact that people are giving you PLENTY of room to shake your groove-thing.

C Run right at them
0 Spaces

There is no time like the present! People have always told you to face things head-on and boy did you give it a literal interpretation. With a determined bellow you powered on- full steam ahead- toward the crowd only to collide face-first into a very confused body builder (Oh my!). With stars spinning around your head you do your best to explain yourself but it is such a long, rambling explanation that by the end of it time has already run out for this round!

Last edited by Mythos; 12-27-2013 at 05:32 PM..

Mythos
deimoni isos

Old 11-25-2013, 09:38 AM

Round 3 - Crazy Carolers

Ahh, much better. The crowds have passed by and the streets are less packed and more comfortable once again. It seems a few of you got a little trampled but you'll have to shake it off or you'll miss your chance to get more stuff! ... I SAID YOU'LL MISS YOUR CHANCE TO-- *is drowned out by the deafening sound of belting carolers*

A Steal their song books - They can't keep caterwauling if they don't know the words! You grab the books!
B Suggest a break - Maybe they're just that painfully off key because they're tired?
C Offer them cocoa - Something tasty might just distract them from deafening the neighborhood!

RESULTS

A Steal their song books
2 Spaces

It isn't anything personal, honest! It is just that the sound these carolers are making is more devastating than an actual ice storm! Acting quickly (perhaps even in a panic) you do a quick snatch-and-grab and then bolt in the opposite direction as the carolers. Sure some of the make chase and a few even catch you but at least they won't be singing in your ear anymore. You're free!

B Suggest a break
1 Space

You had to wait for their song melodies to meet at a pause but you manage to quickly squeeze in the suggestion before they attempted another round of 'Deck The Halls". The offer is gladly taken to by several of the carolers and those who need it most take careful swigs of honey and lemon. Cheered the joyous and now reinvigorated crowd starts up again just as soon as you get a few paces away, swarming you once again.

C Offer them cocoa
0 Spaces

With a glimmer in your eye you offer the carolers cocoa and the charitable act certainly gets their attention! Right away you are surrounded and bombarded with questions about the quality and source of the cocoa you are offering. It suddenly becomes clear that this isn't just some ordinary group of carolers. It is, in fact, the Cocoa Connoisseurs Club. The interrogation will leave you feeling drained for the round, but at least you had good intentions!

Last edited by Mythos; 12-29-2013 at 05:44 AM..

Mythos
deimoni isos

Round 4 - Rampaging Reindeer

Wow... my ears are still ringing, how about you all? Good thing some of you were good at thinking on your feet because I'm pretty sure the neighbors were just about to call the cops! What's that? You hear a rumbling? It... oh no... did I forget to close the gate to the reindeer pin? You better watch out!!

A Make a break for it - If you can just get ahead of the reindeer stampede maybe it won't be so bad!
B Let them pass - Surely there wasn't that many reindeer in that pin. You'll wait the stampede out up a tree.
C Try to jump on a back - Sure it's risky, but you'll finally get to the end of that 'do reindeer fly' debate!

Results

A Make a break for it
0 Spaces

Alright, some of those reindeer look like they've had a pretty good holiday feast. How fast on their feet- er hooves- could they be? Well just a few steps into your dash you figure out the answer that that question and get bounced around between a few lanes of reindeer. It's a little hard to move anywhere after it's all over since all of the activity and thundering hooves made you incredibly dizzy!

B Let them pass
1 Space

You've seen enough adventure movies to know that usually the best answer for something like this is to just pick a side and wait for whatever it is to finish falling, rolling by or stampeding but man is it taking a long time! Surely this pin had to continues for miles in order to pack in that many deer... It takes what feels like hours but finally the last deer wanders by and gives you a nod before you are finally able to move on.

C Try to jump on a back
2 Spaces

All of that dancing and acrobatics earlier really made for a great warm up! As the reindeer come hurtling toward you, you pull out some mad (*cough* holiday) elf moves by swinging yourself around one of their necks and holding on tight! In no time at all it loses it's cool and bounds up, up, up into the air! The other reindeer totally stop and give it the "Oh you did not" look and your ride drifts down and shakes you off all embarrassed like.

Last edited by Mythos; 12-28-2013 at 07:59 AM..

Mythos
deimoni isos

Round 5 - Polar Bear Parade

Whew! That was a close one. Has anyone ever told you that you have some sweet moves? Unfortunately that -ahem- little stampede might not be the last of the animals running amok. You see there were... oh... seven dozen polar bears in the petting zoo as well and when I checked just a moment ago there were exactly zero. I'm sure looking for your next set of gifts will be interesting today!

A Try tunneling - You know what's up! You get into the snow and like a worm possessed dig a tunnel to safety
B Play dead - You're just... making a snow angel! Yeah! Hopefully the snow is deep enough to hide you!
C Dawn creative camouflage - A bear pick you out in this jolly jungle? Ha! Not in that gift wrap and ribbon suit!

Results

A Try tunneling
1 Space

You hit the powder and wiggle your way onward- at an admirable speed for blind worm tunneling I might add! You can hear the bears wandering around above you and they seem to be moving on but one decides to take a break and sits on the snow just above you! You did make progress but until that bear gets up you won't be going much further!

B Play dead
0 Spaces

As soon as you heard of the possibility of bears roaming around you hit the deck and kept stone still in hopes not to attract their attention. If it weren't for a nosy cub you would have gotten away with it but it mistook your clever rouse for the signal for nap time. You don't get to progress any this round in terms of presents... but you did get cuddle time with a cute little cub!

C Dawn creative camouflage
2 Spaces

Some ribbon... and oh yeah! Yellow and violet polka-dotted wrapping papers! Now that is the definition of style! The polar bears pass right by you (Huh! What do polar bears know about fashion anyways!) and you're free to wiggle your way off to find more gifts!

Last edited by Mythos; 12-29-2013 at 07:56 AM..

Mythos
deimoni isos

Old 11-27-2013, 07:43 PM

Round 6 - Super Intense Snowmen

Ahh, much better. Good thing no one is going to ask the authorities about where a dozen polar bears came from... right? Right?! Excellent!! Now I'm sure you're all relieved. After all that chaos the villagers seem to have let loose making the most of their time outdoors by building lots and lots of snowmen. ...And wouldn't you know it, they've all seem to come to life! Now if only these snowmen weren't converging on everyone like frosty Frankensteins I think I'd feel a little more relieved!

B Steal the top hats - If the magical hats gave them life then removing them should stop them... right?!
A Get out of sight - It is every man for himself! You make a beeline for cover and hope nothing saw you!
C Wreck the snowmen - Push them over and grab hair dryers or heat guns... Destroy them all!!

Results

A Steal the top hats
0 Spaces

You artfully make your way over to the snowman army and start grabbing every top hat you can get your mittens on! Soon your collection is truly immense but you find yourself within a densely packed circle of hat-less snowmen who seem to have arcs of electricity emitting from antennae you uncovered by taking their fancy hats. To keep them from doing anything beyond looking like a perturbed robotic snowman army you wisely spend the rest of your time this round handing back top hats.

B Get out of sight
2 Spaces

With a dive in the right direction and a few somersaults... maybe a cartwheel for flair you manage to get around the first wave of the robotic snowman army. It is clear they are searching for you but quickly have a... meltdown! (Hahaha... I sleigh myself.) You take advantage of this and tumble your way onward at great speed.

C Wreck the snowmen
1 Space

Before you stands an opportunity like never before... A field full of snowmen advance toward you and with a sled in one hand and a snow shovel in the other you run forward to wage an epic battle against your frosty host! You are only able to advance onward until you are overcome with exhaustion against the robotic snowman forces.

Last edited by Mythos; 12-30-2013 at 07:56 AM..

Mythos
deimoni isos

Round 7 - Giant Ball of Snow

Alright, so the villagers wanted me to tell you all that they apologize for their little (read: "enormous") mechanical snowman army and hope we can put it all in the past- they're really friendly folks. Honest! I wouldn't have hired them if they didn't seem nice... To make it up to you they've all gotten together and decided to make a really big friendly looking snowman on the top of that hill over there. The one with the 30 foot wide ball of snow hurtling straight at us!!

A Take the high ground - You know how physics works! Nevermind the snowdrifts, you're booking it uphill!
B More snow angels - Drop to the ground and hope the deep snow around you sticks to it and you do not!
C Take cover inside - That's an awful lot of snow but with all of these buildings look sturdy! You duck inside!

Results

A Take the high ground
2 Spaces

The giant snowball bounces and rolls down toward the village below but you've faced your fair share of gravity-related catastrophes! Right away you spring for the highest point you can find and are pleased with your quick witted-ness when the snowy monster goes racing past you and even uncovers the next gift for you! What luck!

B More snow angels
1 Space

Your jaw falls slack at the size of the ball of snow rumbling your way and you throw yourself into the powder to hide from it's immensity-- I mean... maybe it'll just go away if you can't see it... right? -- Apparently not. Instead of avoiding the giant ball of doom it rolls right over you, taking you and the snow you were hiding in with it! Fortunately you were deposited back to the ground pretty quickly afterwards!

C Take cover inside
0 Spaces

Oh no, you're not going to have any of this jumbo-sized snowball nonsense! You find your way into the closest house and laugh triumphantly at your cleverness! That is until you hear a soft but kindly "Ahem" from behind you. It is the home owner, a sweet looking grandmother, and you'll be stuck inside being force fed ribbon candy and given the full tour of her photo albums for the rest of the day.

Last edited by Mythos; 12-31-2013 at 07:54 AM..

Mythos
deimoni isos

Round 8 - Waaay too Many Snowbirds

Is everyone alright? I'm starting to get the feeling these villagers aren't as sweet as they first appeared but then again we all get a little crazy around the holidays. Today looks a lot calmer although I can't say it'll be much quieter than it was with those carolers hanging around but this time the songs are coming from millions of migrating snowbirds who were drawn in by all the seeds that giant snowball shook out of everything! If you can get through that fairly feathery cacophonous carpet of birds you'd better make sure they don't fly off with your presents!

A Run at the birds - There might be millions of them but they'll scatter at the sight of a person! Run at them!
B Throw more seeds - They're just eating... maybe if you toss better seeds out of your path they'll clear off!
C Try loud bird calls - Who knows? Maybe waving your arms and saying "CAW CAW" loudly is the polite thing to do!

Results

A Run at the birds
1 Space

Sometimes it pays to just act... this time... well it could have been worse! You charge head long at the birds, certain that they would move away as you approached and those closest to you did but those were the small birds. Maybe you felt a bit cocky getting past the fat little robins and finches but the murder of crows beyond them don't seem to be very phased. As you slow down, intent not to actually run over the birds, you find that the rest of the murder has closed in behind you. I'd suggest you just root around where you are until they get what they want!

B Throw more seeds
0 Spaces

Clearly these birds were hard up for food or else they wouldn't have flocked here in such large numbers! You grab handfuls of birdseed from an extremely convenient sack and throw it out just to the side of where you were planning to look next. The birds, however, were just looking at you and greedily flock to you in order to get the good stuff you're throwing out for them! In no time you're under a heap of little birds! It's like an adorable holiday version of a horror movie!

C Try loud bird calls
2 Spaces

Your mother told you not to do it. Society would frown on such behavior... but you thought about how often opportunities like this occur and it was clear that you just HAD to seize the moment. With arms flapping and a big gulp of air you start your battle-bird cries and wave after wave of birds lift into the air in the wake of your... "caw-ll". You still need to be careful where you step (birds can be very messy!) but your path was otherwise unhindered!

Last edited by Mythos; 01-01-2014 at 07:53 AM..

Mythos
deimoni isos

Round 9 - Rambunctious Revelers

Ahh, yes. It looks as if the birds finally continued on their way and in their wake the cheerful villagers are all out once more to enjoy the winter season. It's a good thing the birds have cleared the air entirely because it appears that with these long, dark winter nights the 'villagers' have taken to large and lovely firework displays that are wowing folks for miles around. What might also wow them are how many of these fireworks are aimed at street level. Erm... I think that one is pointed at you.

A Toss a bucket of water - Better extinguish them fast before anyone gets hurt. Especially you!
B Duck behind a snow fort - They can't hit what they can't see! Take cover!!
C Dodge them in slow-mo - Whoosh! The trick is keeping your focus and waving your arms like a hummingbird!

Results

A Toss a bucket of water
0 Spaces

Oh no! Not today! You quickly grab a bucket of water and sling the contents out toward the offending pyro-techician in time to... get his boots wet. With a wicked grin on his face he takes aim but you only just manage to throw yourself into some snow covered bushes before the real volleys start blasting all around you! You'll probably be still for a while... enjoy the light show!

B Duck behind a snow fort
1 Space

Whoa! Those bottle rockets look like no joke! You high-tail it to the nearest somewhat dependable source of cover and dive inside just as the first blast heads your way. What you didn't bank on was a huge patch of ice waiting for you on the other side of the snow fort wall which will cause you to slide on your belly like a pingu quite a ways from where you originally 'landed'. At that distance it seems safe enough to quickly root for some gifts!

C Dodge them in slow-mo
2 Spaces

You've been at the top of your game this entire festival and now as we're inching ever closer to it's close you pull out all of the stops! As the rockets and whiz-bangers blast toward you, you lean back and dodge them as if you're in a slow-motion sequence-- I mean someone ought to be filming this!-- Of course what everyone else doesn't know is your boots are stuck deep in the snow and you're just trying to keep from falling backwards but the villagers are so impressed by your sweet moves they decide to stop firing at you.

Last edited by Mythos; 01-02-2014 at 07:53 AM..

Mythos
deimoni isos

Old 11-27-2013, 07:44 PM

Round 10 - Clouds of Confetti

Everyone is gathering for the last big hurrah, singing songs and throwing their arms over one another's shoulders. It's a heart warming sight of shared high spirits for the festival and the new year ahead of us. Overhead large balloons burst on cue with outstanding amounts of confetti showering down over everyone... And look! More balloons! More confetti! Soon the air is so thick with it it's as if you're in a techno-color fog! You'd better find your way to those last presents quickly!

A Feel your way onward - With arms outstretched you can at least make sure you don't run right into something!
B Use an umbrella - Well it isn't rain or snow but they're not so different from confetti, right?
C Use a massive fan - Haha! Everyone can eat all this confetti because you'll blow it all out of your way!

Results

AFeel your way onward
1 Space

Things are going to go slow-- let's be honest that's more because you don't want to bump your shins into anything than trample anyone-- but you manage to find your way out of the middle of the cloud by dropping to your hands and knees and bear-crawling forward however there were a few times your hands got trapped under some shoes... Ouch!

B Use an umbrella
2 Spaces

You have to admit it was a very good thing you sprang for the heavy duty umbrella! For a few minutes you're more concerned with keeping the confetti off of your rock'n doo but when it becomes clear you're not going to get anywhere in a hurry by bumping around in the crowd you use your umbrella as a people-plow to get out of the colorful chaos and back to hunting down your last gift!

C Use a massive fan
0 Spaces

Suckers! You were so prepared for this moment... everyone better get out of the way! As soon as the first flecks of confetti start to drop down you pull a massive fan out of... where did you even get that, anyways? You laugh maniacally as you turn it on and rush forward for your glorious gift which awaits you but are suddenly tugged backwards as the cord reaches it's limit. Next year you'll have to remember the extension cords!

Last edited by Mythos; 01-04-2014 at 05:52 AM..

Mythos
deimoni isos

Old 11-27-2013, 07:49 PM

Your Holly, Jolly Hauls!

COMING SOON!

Last edited by Mythos; 12-27-2013 at 08:38 AM..

Mythos
deimoni isos

Old 11-27-2013, 07:50 PM

Reserved

Last edited by Mythos; 12-17-2013 at 07:47 PM..

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 12-23-2013, 11:22 PM

Aw, the map is so beautiful. :D

Ascadellia
(╯°□°)╯...
Penpal
Send a message via MSN to Ascadellia Send a message via Yahoo to Ascadellia

Old 12-23-2013, 11:24 PM

We can post, right? :3

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 12-23-2013, 11:26 PM

To overcome the challenge I will: A: Daring Acrobatics
I'm heading: East

I hope I did this correctly....

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 12-23-2013, 11:28 PM

I think so!
To overcome the challenge I will: A - Daring Acrobatics
I'm heading: North

I'm ghostie, this shouldn't be too hard for me!

ClockReject
(^・o・^)ノ”

Penpal

Old 12-23-2013, 11:35 PM

To overcome the challenge I will: C - Untangle the mess.
I'm heading: South.

Ascadellia
(╯°□°)╯...
Penpal
Send a message via MSN to Ascadellia Send a message via Yahoo to Ascadellia

Old 12-23-2013, 11:48 PM

To overcome the challenge I will: C
I'm heading North!!

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 12-23-2013, 11:51 PM