DariaMorgendorfer
La La La La La, you're standing ...

Old 12-09-2013, 05:06 AM

Thank you, Mythos, for the awesome banner!

Last edited by neller; 12-23-2013 at 10:03 PM..

DariaMorgendorfer

Old 12-09-2013, 05:07 AM

Your Hosts:

DariaMorgendorfer
Hey folks! You may have seen me on such shows as "Beavis and Butthead" and MTV's "Daria". Now, I make my happy little home here on Menewsha, bring sarcasm and humor to all it's good little girls and boys. I am really looking forward to seeing what you all come up with!

Helpful hints from Daria:
Be creative! Originality goes a long way with me. I have a huge sense of humor, so if your avatar makes me giggle, you probably have a winner. Please no icky avatars (i.e. pain, torture, bloody, etc.) This should be fun so, above all else, have fun!

neller
Hey there, I'm neller and I'm all for a greatly themed avatar. I can be found searching Menewhsa for those avatars that make me laugh, gawk and wonder "how did they do that?" I love to learn what Menewshan's offer creatively and can't wait to see what ideas you guys can come up with! Creativity counts!

Helpful hints from neller: I love to see items used in ways that they have never been used before! There is more to an avatar than the avatar itself, so always consider a background to match your theme! Item flow, consistency and layering are important, so make sure your items are in theme and look nice together!

Linnea
Yo, Linny here, your friendly neighborhood color coordinator. I've been around Mene for a while now and have come far in terms of colors and layers and I have learned from the best Mene has to offer. Now it's time to put my eye to good use! Show me colors and show me creativity! Do it and reap the rewards!

Helpful hints from Linnea: Please, please, PLEASE remember to follow the directions! That being said, I really like to see clever ways of using items and neat ways of layering. Doing what everyone else is doing is boring. Be bold!

Rules
Read the rules and follow 'em. That's all I ask! XD Make sure you read them all too, because there may be something in the rules that's necessary for your entry...
  • First and foremost, make sure you follow the Site Rules.
  • Be respectful! Constructive criticism is fine, but please don't be rude to other entrants.
  • You can only enter once in each of the categories, and you may not enter on a mule account. If you do try to enter on a mule, we'll know, so just don't bother. XD
  • Please be sure to use the entry form when you post your entry. Failure to post the form will result in your avatar not being entered into the contest.
  • You may use your own inventory and the DAC to make your outfits.
  • Please be sure to save your entry to an outside image host like Photobucket or imageshack. What we see is what we'll judge, so be sure that the avatar you enter is saved and won't change.
  • If you want to change your entry, you may edit your submission up until it is posted on the front page. Once it is posted on the front page, you'll have to PM Linnea, neller or Daria if you want to change anything.
  • Entries must be submitted by the end of the event. Click here to find out what time it is in Central Time Zone right now! Winners will be announced in the Community Discussion forum shortly after the event ends.
Prizes
We'll choose first, second, and third place winners in each of the categories. Other prizes might be added as the event goes on, depending on the amount of entries received.

Prizes are as follows:
First place: 5,000g
Second place: 3,000g
Third place: 1,000g

Last edited by Linnea; 12-14-2013 at 03:49 AM..

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 12-09-2013, 09:21 PM

Holiday Delights: A Colors Contest

This Festival of Winter Nights has got me thinking about how much I don't like the cold so I decided that I'd like a mostly warm colors contest this time around. It is going to be a pretty straight forward.

You just have to make an avatar with the colors blue, red, brown and gold. And because I'm nice like that I'll let you all use some accent colors of white and/or silver/gray. These are accent colors though and should not dominate your avatar entry!

*Absolutely NO black this time, so pay attention to your items!

*Teal will not count as a shade of blue this time.

*Khaki/tans/creams will count as shades of brown though.

*The hair and the eyes should meet the color requirements too.

*Any skin color is acceptable, unless it's an equippable skin and then that too has to match.

*If I have to, I will not accept your entry but you can always redo/edit as many times as you need!

*Transparent fire from Calesco's Fury is an acceptable form of fiery colors.

Good luck and feel free to ask questions should they arise

Holiday Delights: A Colors Entry Form
Username:
Image of My Entry:

Quote:
[size=4][color=Navy][b]Holiday Delights: A Colors Entry Form[/size][/color][/b]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Image of My Entry:[/b]

Entries:

LingzigbigadorlubeNephila

PrincessKasumiBearzybloodstainedwings

WoodlandnymphfireprincessKatMagenta

X---AznCo0ki3shinigamikarasuRochiel Silverfire

Suonastar2000shadowR a n d e h

Damia FlaggVelvetSadrain

Sleepy AnarchyLONGCATClair Voyant

blueblackroseWherededIGoAntagonist

Kamikaze KendraGwenaHikariRoxxxy

Seridano

Last edited by Linnea; 01-04-2014 at 03:45 AM..

DariaMorgendorfer

Old 12-10-2013, 12:11 AM

Once upon a time on Menewsha Island:

The Mayor decided to throw a big ball for all the NPCs on Menewsha to celebrate the defeat of the pirates and the safe return home of all the NPC players. Doesn't that sound like fun?

YOUR AVATAR CHALLENGE:

Cosplay as one of the many Menewsha NPC players dressed for the party!
You must be a recognizable NPC and you must have them in some festive form.

So for example, I am dressed as Yumeh.

For my description I would say: He has his favorite noms and some shiny bits & treats around him to chase and make a mess.

REMEMBER GUYS: Creativity, and clean fun/humor goes a LONG way with your judges in this contest.

Yes, I will accept group entries if you want to have more than one NPC go to the Ball together. You can also make a theme for a group entry if you want. If there are enough single and enough group entries, I MAY just judge them separately (as two separate contests), giving more people chances to win the bit prizes! So let's have LOTS of AWESOME entries!!!

You may only enter my contest once. No mules please.

Just in case you need a refresher on who our NPC players are, we have this handy guide for you to use!
http://www.menewsha.com/forum/main/i...npc-guide.html

NPC Ball Entry Form
Username:
Image of My Entry:
What NPC you are cosplaying:
Description of what your NPC player is doing to celebrate:

Quote:
[size=4][b][COLOR="RED"] NPC Ball Entry Form[/b][/color][/size]
[B]Username:[/B]
[B]Image of My Entry:[/B]
[B]What NPC you are cosplaying:[/B]
[B]Description of what your NPC player is doing to celebrate:[/B]
Entries:

NPC Ball Entry Form
Username: PrincessKasumi
Image of My Entry:

What NPC you are cosplaying: Fatima Hadar
She decided to enjoy the ball, so she didn't bring Zea this year. For whatever reason, no one really seemed comfortable around her. And in doing so, her shoulders and arms felt... lonely like it was missing something. So Fatima brought along one her plushed snakes. But Zea had other plans as she snuck into the ball under Fatima's dress.

Username: zigbigadorlube
Image of My Entry:
What NPC you are cosplaying: Afrodonkey
Description of what your NPC player is doing to celebrate: Living it up as the king of rock and showing off his bootiful arse at a special holiday concert!

Username: Nephila
Image of My Entry:
What NPC you are cosplaying:Evangeline Gray
Why going all out of course my dear! Helping to decorate, cook, and keep up with all the fabulous Christmas orders for my shop. People always want to look their very best at Christmas and my shop offers the highest quality of festive attire. Oh but look at me going on about my work. Of course most importantly I'm making sure my dear children are having the best Christmas while making sure they leave some treats for the guests. Let's see I have one and. . .oh my where's your brother?

Username: Bearzy
Image of My Entry:
What NPC you are cosplaying: Cessy
Description of what your NPC player is doing to celebrate: Cessy arrived early to the ball so she's decided to have a bit of fun, skating around outside and hitting some of the other attendees with snowballs.

Username: bloodstainedwings
Image of My Entry:
What NPC you are cosplaying: Mr. Mayor
Description of what your NPC player is doing to celebrate: Getting warmed up by the fire with a nice drink and sweater. He just came in from getting his tinsel back from a certain mischievous NPC who stole it earlier. He has yet to manage to get his tree back... but that can wait until after his drink.

Username: Woodlandnymph
Image of My Entry:
What NPC you are cosplaying: Channah
Description of what your NPC player is doing to celebrate: What's this a fancy dress party? No? Well.....if Channah wants it to be a costume party, it's gonna be a costume party. She came with her own entourage, backdrops and koi ponds to suit her fancy mood for some fun frippery and photo ops. Because, well, let's face it. She's pretty fabulous. Just get this woman a drink, cause momma needs her liquor. Stat!

Username: fireprincess
Image of My Entry:
What NPC you are cosplaying: Vicktoria Valentine
Description of what your NPC player is doing to celebrate: The Mayor is throwing a ball, and Miss Vicky wouldn't miss it for the world. Why, it's the social event of the season! She put on her very best gown and accessories, and baked one of her famous lovlipop treats for the party. She also baked a couple batches of cupcakes for the rest of the townsfolk. Vicky could hardly contain her excitement as she strolled through the streets of menewsha and into the ball room

Username:Velvet
Image of My Entry:
What NPC you are cosplaying:Peeblo
Description of what your NPC player is doing to celebrate: Uh-oh! Looks like Peeblo is being his usual self at the Christmas party. He's celebrating in his own way by destroying the holiday food and brought his own kind of holiday beverage! Look at that mess he is making.. There goes the presents!

Username: KatMagenta
Image of My Entry:
What NPC you are cosplaying: Lise
Description of what your NPC player is doing to celebrate: Lise is celebrating by decorating a corner of the ball in her own brand of festive style. Saving her friends follow islanders getting a headache from all that gold and glitter and, ugh, colours. She's even got into the spirit by wearing a matching mask! Err... that is a mask, right?

Username: Rochiel Silverfire
Image of My Entry:
What NPC you are cosplaying: Lapis Kem
Description of what your NPC player is doing to celebrate: With her signature class, grace, and regality! A nice bubbly glass of champagne, a beautiful starry night, wonderful music, and charming company make for a delightful night of celebration!

Username: X---AznCo0ki3
Image of My Entry:

What NPC you are cosplaying: Cain
Description of what your NPC player is doing to celebrate: Tired of being called "Santa's wittle helper" Cain is determined to show everyone just how much of a helper he really is. Those damn kids will learn how to respect him and all of his non-santa's little helper related elfness. This Christmas...he's gonna go out and find all the little toys, trees, cookies and milk and he is going to DESTROY THEM. Well...maybe eat the cookies and drink the milk and then destroy the presents and trees. But, one thing is for certain no one will EVER call him "Santa's wittle helper"ever again.

Username: Damia Flagg
Image of My Entry:
What NPC you are cosplaying: Tesel Valentine
Description of what your NPC player is doing to celebrate: I can't believe I let Vicktoria dress me up. I feel so out of place in something like this.

Why do I have to wear make-up? I have to bring a gift to the host... What is in this tiny little bag? It's not big enough for a proper weapon. Sorry Vicktoria, I won't go unless you let me keep at least one of my weapons with me.

Did someone just kiss me on the cheek? Who was it? I'm afraid to look because I might have to kill them.
Can I leave yet?

Username:~LONGCAT~
Image of My Entry:
What NPC you are cosplaying:Baby Yan
Description of what your NPC player is doing to celebrate: With his favorite stolen panties, some fireworks that might be Peeblo's , oh and Channah's lipstick which he has had copious amounts of fun drawing on the walls with, Yan is having the party of his life. And with that face can you stay mad at... Is that pie?! Who gave Baby Yan pie??!!

Username: BellyButton
Image of My Entry:

What NPC you are cosplaying: Cessy! :)
Grown-up parties are super fun! I love seeing all the pretty dresses and hearing the music playing, but most especially I love the treats! You won't tell grandpa, will you Auntie Daria? *giggles as she scarfs down a cupcake wayy past bedtime*

Username: Suona
Image of My Entry:
What NPC you are cosplaying: Channah
Description of what your NPC player is doing to celebrate: Our lovely Channah has styled her hair differently for the party, but still looks ravishing. I feel that she would be the type to wear a fantastic holiday sweater and nobody would dare mock her lest they wished to have their head meet her purse. Here we have Channah enjoying a lovely party with the gang, but as she went to put her present with the rest, she found some hooligans trying to tamper with them. A few swings and she put the party back in order so that everyone could still have fun. I feel like she'd be the strong hero that wanted to protect everyones good spirits. And all while not spilling her glass of bubbly. Truly a phenomenal and loving woman, I'd say.

Username:star2000shadow
Image of My Entry:
What NPC you are cosplaying:Cessy
Description of what your NPC player is doing to celebrate:Adult party's can be lonely when your the only kid there, so Cessy has wandered outside to build herself a companion. and look they even almost match in their color choices.

Username: WherededIGo
Image of My Entry:

What NPC you are cosplaying: Emilio
Description of what your NPC player is doing to celebrate: After making sure the party was going well, Emilio decided to make sure the fireworks were going alright as well, and decided to join in the fun and let some loose. However, he was standing too close and one stray firework decided to go off in his immediate proximity.

Username: Antagonist
Image of My Entry:
What NPC you are cosplaying: The Star Eater
Description of what your NPC player is doing to celebrate: By bringing out his favorite: Stars! Stars everywhere. Decorative stars, playable stars, edible stars...and his secret guilty pleasure of eating stars dipped in rich, creamy ice cream with marshmallows. The goddesses warned that he'd get fat but hey, that's what celebrations are for, right? :DDDD

Last edited by DariaMorgendorfer; 01-02-2014 at 04:17 PM..

neller
The Lover of UNICORNS

Old 12-10-2013, 12:15 AM

Food-y Festive Fashions!
(Say that ten times fast!)

The holidays are a special time for everyone! We all gather around for our family and friends...oh and did I forget FOOD?!
For this challenge, I would like to see you create an avatar from an image of your favorite festive foods! Your inspiration can come from the Chex mix your family puts out to tide everyone over until dinner, or the big old turkey your grandmother cooks every year, or even the 3 tier fudge cake that always tastes like paradise.

RULES:
1. Your avatar must be inspired by an image of a single food item as a focal point (no images of dinner tables!)
2. The image of food that inspires you may be of an appetizer, main course, dessert, or a beverage. Just keep it festive!
3. You must post the image that inspires you.
4. If your festive food isn't a norm, feel free to explain why it's festive to you!
__(Don't worry, my family puts mac n' cheese out every year!)

BASICALLY, I would like to see you be inspired by the specific image of food you chose, not so much by the food itself!

Food-y Festive Fashions Entry Form
Username:
Image of My Entry:
Image of Food-y Inspiration:
How is your inspiration festive?: *optional

Quote:
[SIZE=4][COLOR=brown][FONT=Trebuchet MS][B]Food-y Festive Fashions Entry Form[/B][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[B]Username:[/B]
[B]Image of My Entry:[/B]
[B]Image of Food-y Inspiration:[/B]
[B]How is your inspiration festive?:[/B] *optional

Entries:

Username: PrincessKasumi
Image of My Entry:
How is your inspiration festive?: I have stockings, candles and those holly mantle leaves! ^u^

Username:Nephila
Image of My Entry:
How is your inspiration festive?: I'm dat sexy old fruit cake from last year *wink*

Username: Woodlandnypmh
Image of My Entry:
((It's a cupcake in this picture, but it has the perfect pat of "butter" on it.

How is your inspiration festive?: Mashed potatoes are always a part of the Christmas meal here!

Username: bloodstainedwings
Image of My Entry:
How is your inspiration festive?: In my family, on Christmas eve you are not allowed to eat meat. not sure why. anyways, we always have fish instead! there are three courses and the first, my fav, is seafood pasta! I love how colouful and delightful it is. I also love the movement of pasta as it is being twirled.

Username: fireprincess
Image of My Entry:
How is your inspiration festive?: When I think of cherry coffee cake, I think of Christmas. My aunt makes this wonderful desert around Christmas time, and brings it to my grandparent's house. I love sitting with them eating and laughing, just having a good time.

Username: X---AznCo0ki3
Image of My Entry:

Image of Food-y Inspiration: [x]
How is your inspiration festive?: I was just sitting here dreaming about baked goods when I heard a little voice call out to me "HELP! HELP ME! PLEASE" it said over and over again. Bewildered, I looked around and saw my gingerbread house. The house was...melting...alas I had left it too close to the stove and down came all the candy. But, what I boggled my mind was the scene inside. There was poor Gingerella wailing in despair as her house came crumbling down.

Username: Rochiel Silverfire
Image of My Entry:
How is your inspiration festive?: HAM!!! Yum yum yum!!! =^^=

Username: KatMagenta
Image of My Entry:
How is your inspiration festive?: Despite how full we are already my uncle serves Christmas pudding with home-made white sauce after Christmas dinner every year.

Last edited by neller; 12-30-2013 at 03:34 AM..

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 12-10-2013, 04:13 AM

Don't be a monkey!
Once again we will have a Monkey Cage for all you unruly hooligans and cranky-pants who disturb the peace.
Yea, I'm talking to you there, with the face and the eyes.

Trust me, you don't want to end up here because if you do then you will not be able to enter in the contest you were cranky about until... we feel like letting you out! Buhahahahaha!

Last edited by Linnea; 12-14-2013 at 03:56 AM..

DariaMorgendorfer

Old 12-11-2013, 02:49 AM

And a reserved!

Last edited by neller; 12-22-2013 at 06:00 AM..

neller
The Lover of UNICORNS

Old 12-16-2013, 06:54 AM

Reserved!

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 12-16-2013, 10:00 PM

and a reserved for moi!

DariaMorgendorfer

Old 12-20-2013, 12:36 AM

I call this thread OPEN! Ready for business!

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 12-23-2013, 11:18 PM

Those are some interesting themes! I look forward to crafting avatars for them!

Ascadellia
(╯°□°)╯...
Penpal
Send a message via MSN to Ascadellia Send a message via Yahoo to Ascadellia

Old 12-23-2013, 11:30 PM

I will do my best to get in all of the contests this time

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 12-23-2013, 11:32 PM

Good luck with that! I always plan to, but never do.

PrincessKasumi
Stalker Ninja
Penpal

Old 12-23-2013, 11:44 PM

I'll do my best to enter in each category! :D

Ascadellia
(╯°□°)╯...
Penpal

Old 12-23-2013, 11:49 PM

Last time I did decently. :3

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 12-23-2013, 11:58 PM

Well, good luck to both of you (and everyone else!)

Ascadellia
(╯°□°)╯...
Penpal

Old 12-24-2013, 12:04 AM

Thank you~

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 12-24-2013, 12:05 AM

can't wait to see everyone's entries!

Ascadellia
(╯°□°)╯...
Penpal

Old 12-24-2013, 12:52 AM

Linny, you look really nice. Owo I love how you layered the background.

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 12-24-2013, 01:30 AM

oh so exciting! you can bet im going to enter this!

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 12-24-2013, 01:36 AM

Time to go color crazy/avatar XD!

steelmagghia
Not ready for school to start!

Old 12-24-2013, 01:44 AM

This is super cute. I may try to enter it later, but I just used up all of my creativity right now.

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 12-24-2013, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascadellia View Post
Linny, you look really nice. Owo I love how you layered the background.
why thank you! i need to change to get into my holiday delights outfit because i feel like i have to make an entry with the same colors you guys have to use to i do it every contest hehe

DariaMorgendorfer

Old 12-24-2013, 03:28 AM

I can't wait to see the entries this time!!! Should be fun!

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 12-24-2013, 05:34 AM

Holiday Delights: A Colors Entry Form[/color]
Username: Ling
Image of My Entry: