sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 02-06-2014, 05:41 PM

"That's a shame, really. You can play totally ... awesome female commander in Mass Effect. Maybe check it out when you have a chance? The game has amazing story and character build-up!" Mikheil obviously swallowed something like 'badass' when he paused, feeling as if it could sound crude to a girl. Sure, she played video games, which was perhaps not as rare as gamers made it out to be, but still not entirely common, and some even bloodier than the ones he preferred, but still. Anna was a girl, he would treat her proper manners and respect.

Unbeknownst to him, all of this and more made him a true 'friendzone material', at least according to Internet. It came from still copying his brother, Davit, who always had been proper to ladies, but so insanely cool and impressive that all girls swooned for him. Only Mikheil wasn't 'cool' like that, never managed to be no matter how hard he tried. Perhaps 'tried' was keyword here, he wasn't a good actor, at least if it didn't concern hiding his own emotions some.

He was going to comment on Star Wars, say that he wasn't hater of new movies like most fans seemed to be and chat about it some more, but then he noticed she was looking around. Really, had he scared her off already? Or maybe he was just that plain and boring? Mikheil kept a straight face (or at least thought he did) and looked down at his nearly empty coffee mug. Was it what had left a bitter taste in his mouth? But moments later, Anna spoke up and suggested they moved to another table.

Mikheil looked at her surprised, not only because thought of joining someone else hadn't crossed her mind, but also because she was inviting him along. "Uh, sure," he agreed, not entirely sure what he was signing up for, but unwilling to let her slip away just like that. Then, his gaze shot towards poor guy who had gotten hit by spotlights, nearly literally in some sense. Croat's fingers entwined tightly around cup, as if it would offer some consolation and turned head away - Mikheil felt nearly embarrassed along with that guy and didn't want to look like laughing along.

But Anna seemed focused on something else and following her line of gaze, he stopped to look at someone who women certainly called 'super handsome' (Billy). He had been one of the clappers for sure and still looked smug and pleased. He was the kind to get all of the attention by just being in a room and flashing a smile. He could fall and turn it into a success, probably with a line like "oh, gorgeous, I lost my footing because of you" finishing it with a wink that just made girl melt right into his arms. Davit had been like that, only he wasn't a stuck-up jerk so even guys looked up to him. Then again, Mikheil still felt some envy towards this freckled model-material. He would try to stay out of his way, for sure.

When Anna thanked him, Mikheil shrugged awkwardly. "You're welcome? You gotta look really good to pull off such attitude without looking like loser, though... Besides, world just needs a little bit of everything for some balance, huh?" he laughed and didn't sound as bitter as he actually felt. Still, it was nice to know that least Anna didn't fall for such type right away. Who knew how long the resistance would last, however.

He looked back toward the guy who had broken plate and saw that short girl with boyish haircut was ushering him back towards buffet that he had fled from to fill up another plate and then towards table she had been sitting at with bunch of girls. Guy's shame was obviously melting away as he seemed to be drawn in talking about band whose logo was on his T-shirt and girl's smile certainly helped, too. Mikheil didn't miss that extremely pointed look Suzanna gave Billy, either. "Looks like she plans to give him a piece of her mind," he commented and then turned his attention fully towards Anna. "So, let's stay here or swoop on someone unsuspecting?" he inquired.

Evelin seemed like a nice girl. Troubled on some level, but nice. And when people could manage to be nice while nervous or unhappy, that was a big feat Suzanna certainly could appreciate. At her comment about sketchbook and tattoos, counselor looked up from page for moment. Ah, so she was interested in that also? How nice, then perhaps Evelin wouldn't be judgmental towards her profession. Some people were, and even extremely, although they followed strangest trends themselves. She found it funny, but also a bit annoying. Hopefully, Megumi had joined her in looking through drawings now. If not, Suzanna gave her another reassuring smile.

"I will bring it out in the evening, as we have about half an hour of breakfast time left. And yeah, I work as tattoo artist and creating new designs for my portfolio is kind of my hobby. Besides, some people want crazy things as tattoos, so I've got to practice drawing a lot of things to stay on top," she said with grin to Evelin. When she confessed to being stressed, mostly because she looked strange, Suzanna's eyes gained compassionate expression. "Hey, I think everyone has right to look how they want to, unless it's plain offensive. And that's the last thing your unique style could be called as, so don't worry. This camp is about being who you are, after all."

At this moment, she heard a plate shatter and looked in that direction, catching Billy starting to clap which many followed. Suzanna frowned - what did this guy think he was? Some kind of snobbish bully? He was counselor! He was supposed to help the boy, not make the situation ten times worse. For second, girl wondered just why he had applied for the position and even more - how he had ended up getting it. She would ask it for sure later on. And say a few things what she thought about people acting like that.

"Excuse me," she told both girls at table and stood up. Poor guy was retreating from buffet, looking for a broom to sweep shards up and Suzanna could bet that he planned to flee dinner hall right after. She would be just as bad counselor as Billy if she let that happen. In decisive manner, she walked over to him. "Let me help you with that," young woman said cheerily and mentally sighed in relief that he replied in clear English, albeit nearly stuttering from nervousness.

Soon after, remains of plate were gone and she had cleverly gotten his agreement to join her table for meal amid discussing female singers in Metal (as his T-shirt had Nightwish logo). As they were moving towards it, she looked at Billy with clearly disapproving, even sharp expression and shook her head slightly. Back at table, Suzanna settled down in her place and spoke with guy for a short while more until delicious food fully took up his attention. She looked at Megumi and Evelin, hoping they would understand why she brought him along.

~ p o p p e t ♥, Queen_Andais, star2000shadow, Eastriel are absolutely amazing ~

Last edited by sadrain; 02-06-2014 at 07:06 PM..

Seer Of the Future
Live Breathe Art

Old 02-06-2014, 10:11 PM

Clearly interested as Suzanna mentioned she was a tattoo artist, Eve's eyes lit up. How awesome! Maybe she would get another tattoo from Suzanna sometime. She always was looking for great tattoo artists. "I would love to see it! And I know what you mean by staying up with all the crazy styles. Being an artist its part of the territory." she commented happily, and as she moved to pick up her empty plate, she watched the scene unfold in front of her. Anger flashed through her system like a shock of electricity. Her eyes burned with an intense anger that seemed completely out of place for someone like her. From her conversation with Suzanna and Megumi, she was who she normally was, but if she saw anything like the shit she went through, she just snapped.

Setting her own plate down with a hefty smack, she growled under her breath. Her fingers curled into fists. Cussing under her breath, she marched straight towards Billy. As he finished clapping, she shoved him, hard. With a lot more force then her body should have actually, straight into the side of an empty table. Her eyes set dead on him as she sneered at him. "If you EVER, bully someone again, or make fun of them, I will personally make your life HELL. Understood? I didn't realize they let stupid school boys into an ADULT camp. Learn to grow up." she snarled. Holding back the will to punch him in the face, she turned on her heal, her hair snapping out behind her. Growling she then sat down in a huff and recomposed herself.

Looking over to Suzanna, she smiled lightly. "I am totally fine with him coming over here. But if that guy gives you any grief, you tell me. I don't deal with bullies. Period. People have enough to deal with by themselves, much less idiots who don't grow up." she said, a bit of anger still left into her words, until she let out a heavy breath. She really shouldn't have gotten angry, but she couldn't stand people like that. She nearly killed her high school bully in pure rage when he made fun of people like her loosing their hair because of cancer. She had promised her parents she would do her best to never loose it like that again. It was another reason she often avoided people, they were too stupid and heartless to be around sometimes.

Artifex
less than three

Old 02-06-2014, 10:52 PM

Japan.
I'm sorry, let me repeat that, JAPAN.
Artifex was so excited she could feel the butterflies fly around her tummy like a whirlwind. She didn't think she'd get a wink of sleep on the flight and yet, as usual, the car-like motion of the plan knocked her right out for most of the journey.

That said, from the moment she stepped off the plan her pale, gentle features were stuck in a permanent grin. This was it, this was the beginning of a whole new life.

Barely able to contain herself when she came to the camp the energetic ginger ran straight to the mess hall. Now, being a morning person you would think that Artifex would always be on time if not early. This was never the case because as long as she could remember her and her entire family had been tardy to just about everything and this was no exception.

The large room was already filled with numerous campers, some had finished their meals, some were on seconds and she was just getting in line for her first go-around. She had to admit, Arty was pretty anxious about all this. She was not naturally a social person, it was something she had actually spent much of her elementary school years developing. She would hover on the edge of large groups and quietly watch the way the popular kids acting, adapting that behaviour into herself until it became second nature.

That didn't stop her from being anxious at the prospect of having to start over in a new place though. Make new friends all from scratch, she took a deep breath and let it out slowly. Remain calm.
Arty was rather glad at the diverse group of people though. Standing at 5'11 for a girl was ridiculous enough back home in Canada but in Japan? She may as well have worn a Godzilla cosplay.

~You should totally do that!~ spoke that little voice in her head, ~It'd be hilarious! Rampage across the country side. THE UNSTOPPABLE GINGER-ZILLA HAS COME!~

A snort of laughter came from her as she turned sharply away from the line with her plate of food-a little too sharply actually. Artifex suddenly found herself stumbling over a shorter camper which sent her teetering back and forth as she desperately tried to regain her balance.

A few steps right, "aaahhhh" some hasty steps left, "Aaahhhh!" and forward-it was almost mesmerizing to watch her try and keep the glass of orange juice on her tray from tipping over as she did the dance of 'please don't spill!'. "AAHHH NOT THE JUICE!" she yelped as she stumbled back, finally losing her footing completely and falling right on her butt. The food of course, went flying but in a desperate attempt she reached out and actually caught the glass of orange juice, mid air, without spilling it. Never mind the mess of food that had now ruined her specially planned 'first day' outfit.

"Wholey Ice in a Bucket" Artifex blinked at the cup of OJ in her hand, "DUDE! I CAUGHT IT!" she may have said that a little louder than planned and quickly began to blush red enough to match her hair. Arty wasn't normally such a clutz but whenever she got too enthusiastic about something it seemed like she would start running into everything.

blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play t...

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 02-07-2014, 05:37 AM

The car ride to camp Jiko o hakken had been much noisier and longer than Takumi had intended. Originally he had planned to take a taxi to the camp, but his siblings insisted that they drive him instead because they didn’t spend enough time together anymore. Sure it was true that the three of them hardly got a chance to really spend time hanging out and catching up on things, but they all had their separate lives now that they were adults. His sister laughing caused him to break from his train of thought. “Are we there yet? It shouldn’t be taking this long to get there. You guys are up to something aren’t you?” His dark eyes looked from Yumi to Kai. Another laugh came from the pair. “We’ll be there soon, but really that all depends on you. It’s been so long. We want to hear you sing. Please?” The look in his younger sister’s eyes made it hard for him to say no. Takumi sighed, running a hand through this hair. “Fine, if it will get me to camp sometime in the next century,” he joked. With a grin his sister turned on the karaoke cd she had with her. It had a mixture of different songs. One of her favorites to hear her older brother to sing was White Night True Light, which also happened to be the opening theme from one of the siblings’ favorite anime. The young raven haired man song with the music as it played. Once the song was over he looked to his siblings. “Happy?” The pair nodded, the woman asked him to sing one more. Luckily for Takumi it was too late as they were finally at the camp. “I’ll sing more next time if you sing with me Yumi,” he told his sister as they said goodbye. He bid his siblings farewell.

Thank God I’m finally free. He chuckled a bit before heading off to put away his things. It was probably lucky for him that it was still early and he had time to get his things put away before breakfast. Truly he did love his siblings, but he was thankful to finally be away from them. “Note to self never go on a long car ride with your brother and sister ever again,” he said to himself as he reached his cabin and put his things inside. He left the cabin behind to go do some exploring. Things seemed pretty quiet other than the birds and the arrival of other campers. He wondered aimlessly for a while getting a feel for the place and hunting for a good spot where he could meditate. His search came up empty as his stomach growled loudly telling him it was time for breakfast. It took the male a little bit, but he found his way back to the dining hall. From the sounds of things inside he was one of the last ones to arrive.

Taking a deep breath Takumi opened the door and entered. Things seemed to be rather lively once he was inside. At first he tried to block everything out and just focus on getting some food. That was hard when the person nearby was stumbling back and forth trying not to spill their drink. He closed his eyes when the young woman finally fell. Food went flying and he was sure that he would probably be the one to end up wearing the orange juice when it went. A couple pieces of food were all that landed on his head. “Nice catch,” Takumi said, offering the woman his hand to help her to her feet.

Artifex
less than three

Old 02-07-2014, 12:57 PM

Artifex blinked and looked up at Takumi, then smiled and accepted his hand to help herself up. Then proceeded the slightly awkward moment of realizing she was good two inches taller than him. "um, Thanks. I can't believe I actually caught it" she looked at the cup in her hand in disbelief for a moment, then shrugged and took a sip, "Ah, totally worth it though. Best orange juice ever!" Arty declared with a little giggle.

~Well he's kinda hot~ started the commentary in her head again, ~Actually there's a few hotties around here and guess what? You just got ALL of their attentions, and in the worse possible way. Congrats. You fail at camp to. Arty's smile faultered a little but she was really trying to stay optimistic here.

Before even bothering to brush herself off she noticed the bits of food that had landed in Takumi's hair. "Sorry about the mess" she apologized, reaching up to pick it out for him, "I'm really not this bad most of the time, but on the bright side now I get to meet my first fellow camper!" Arty held out her hand in greeting, "Howdy! My name's Artifex, what's yours?"

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 02-07-2014, 02:43 PM

He felt an ice cold stare at his back. In fact, he felt several, but thought nothing of it. To him, this was just customary. It wasn't meant to offend or hurt anyone. Billy might actually argue that it could help someone. Only high-strung people would see his actions as a blatant attack on the plate dropper. Billy, however, saw it as a way to help someone overcome their fears. To be put on the spot like that, you need to learn how to react cool and calmly. The more you pushed these people, the sooner they realized that their actions shouldn't warrant a response. Simply put, Billy was all for teaching people not to reach to such common, meager things. If you constantly squirm when someone tickles you, you'll always be tickled. When you learn to suppress your emotions and urges to scream, people will leave you alone. It was how things worked. The attackers always left when the attacked lost the desire to react.

Subduing his clapping, Billy didn't even have a chance to raise and offer the camper a hand. Just because he started the clap didn't mean he wouldn't offer the guy (his name is John) some help. The cold glare he received from Suzanna only caused his brows to wrinkle. Why was she giving him a death glare? Hadn't she seen his change in posture? Didn't she notice that his legs were already swinging around the bench-like chairs? Had she not noticed that he was going to move toward the kid? Clearly, she missed the wink and smile he shot John. As far as Billy was concerned, this male camper, John, wasn't mad. Had John been given a chance, he might have laughed. Instead, John was now beet red standing beside Suzanna. Billy could only feel his pain; John must have been so out of his comfort zone. To be mommied by a female (Suzanna) who was not his mother must have done more damage to the guy's dignity than some clapping. God, how had things gotten so out of hand?

Just as he was giving John a heartfelt 'sorry' expression, Billy found himself sliding into the table across the way. Since when did Suzanna leave her post and assault him? Finding his sight, he realized that it wasn't his co-counselor but rather a small woman with multi-colored hair (Eve). To be frank in his analysis, Billy wasn't interested. He wanted a less eccentric woman. But who was he to judge? Everyone had their forms of expression. Perhaps she just liked the wild colors of pink, blue, and purple?

Soaking in her tone and venom, Billy found himself sighing inwardly. How was it that some people always overreacted? More so the women than the men. Eyes scanning the crowd, he could pretty much tell that all the women were peeved at him. Was it really that bad? Had they no vices? No flaws? He found it hard to believe. Looking from Suzanna to Megumi to Anna to Eve, he let out a calculated exhale.

"I apologize if you found my actions bull, but that was not the case." Rising from his spot on the table he was pushed into, he carefully brushed out the wrinkles in his shirt. Moving from Eve to John, he extended a hand. "Sorry to put you in the spotlight more so than expected."

John, thankful to have a guy within reach, accepted Billy's hand and smiled. "Psh, it's nothing. It actually brought up some memories from high school when I might have started a clapping session." Sheepishly, he tucked his hand behind his head. "I guess I know how she felt now."

Giving John a pat on the back, the freckle-faced counselor stepped back. "I'm sure we've all done something to cause someone else pain or embarrassment. Purposeful or not, we do our best not to succumb to such things and yet, we do." With the entire sea of eyes on him, Billy cleared his throat before addressing everyone. "At this camp, we're all here to learn, to grow, and to better understand who we are and what makes us important. I want you all to think with a clear, clean, and free mind as you go about these next few weeks. Try to understand another. Learn the culture. Befriend people. Find yourself. Learn and teach. We're hear to grow and here to show the world that they were wrong about us. That we are important. That we do have our own successes and reasons to scream, 'I'm the best!' Don't let things get to you. Take everything with a grain of salt. Step back and think before you react." A smile slid onto his face. "I'm Billy Pelham, Camp Counselor for the Olympians." He paused to let it sink in. "If at any time you feel bullied, threatened, scared, hurt, lost, or confused, please don't hesitate to talk to me. I promise, I won't judge. I promise I will listen. And I promise I will do all I can to help. Whether it be matter-of-fact advice or emotional support, that will be up to you." He smirked. "I'm no psychiatrist. I'm no expert. But I am human." Bobbing his head some, he flashed everyone another smile, this one far more handsome than the last. "So please try to have fun and, if you need to sock me for being out of line, then do it." His eyes flew to Eve. "Do what makes you happy and what feels right. Commit and become, that's all I ask."

Billy's eyes looked at the other counselors who seemed to be giving him the thumb's up thus far. Giving a quick glance to the clock on the wall, he shook his head. Of course it was almost time to go. "If we want to keep on schedule, I ask that you finish eating and discard your trash properly. Yes, I mean recycle, if possible. When done, meet on the front lawn in front of the lake. We'll do a group ice breaker and then break off into this year's teams. Thanks!"

Whirling around, he looked Suzanna in the eye. She could hate him all she wanted, but he was born for this role. Sure, he had no experience, but he was rational, logical, and partial. What he lacked in sensitivity and passion, he made up for with his executive-like approach. Giving her a light head bob, he stepped away and returned to his table, John trialing along behind him. Helping the camper find a seat, Billy went behind the counter and into the kitchen to retrieve some food. It wasn't fair that he miss out on the food. Noticing two late comers enter, one nearly spilling her juice, he offered both of them a plate too.

Returning with the food, Billy ushered Artifex, Takumi, and John to his table. Plopping down the food, he waved off some of the other counselors. "Yeah, yeah. I'll have them bring their plates." Looking at the trio, he laughed. "Sorry to make you eat and go, but whatever you can wolf down, feel free to bring outside with you. I do believe the camp director will give us a speech so you'll have ample time to eat."

TwitchTumblrInstagram
Wanna roleplay? WTF or Mene

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 02-07-2014, 04:31 PM

He was a little surprised that the woman in front of him was taller, but then again he probably shouldn’t have been since most Westerners were taller, including the females. “You’re welcome.” The ways she was acting caused him to smile a bit. With how energetic she was it reminded him of his younger sister. His English wasn’t the best, but he tried to follow what she was saying to him. For the most part he understood what she was saying. This was one of the few times he was thankful that he had taken his ex-manager’s advice.

When Artifex moved to get the pieces of food out of his hair he instinctively took a step back. “No, harm done,” his words sounded disjointed as if he wasn't quite sure he was staying the right thing. His dark eyes looked down at the woman’s hand before taking it. "I am Fujiwara Takumi.” While he was speaking he hoped that his English was correct. No sooner had the two introduced themselves than they were being ushered over to a table. This made the young man confused. Once in a seat he looked at the man who had ushered them to the table. Listening, he only understood half of what he man had told them. At least it was enough to get the jest of what was going on. Clearly he had succeeded in being almost too late to get food.

Artifex
less than three

Old 02-07-2014, 06:53 PM

When Takumi pulled back from her reaching hand, Artifex withdrew it as though nearly bitten, "I-sorry"
~Come on girl, think before you act! You are in a different country after all. You probably just offended him by trying to touch his hair! Get. It. Together.~
Thankfully he still accepted her handshake which eased her anxiety a little and she smiled again, "Nice to meet you, um... F-Fugi-wara" she sounded it out a little awkwardly and suddenly they were moved, with some new food, over to a table.

After listening to the councilor Artifex gave a nod of understanding though she did notice Takuma's slightly confused look. "Um, Billy" she spoke up, having just heard his name previously when he had introduced himself to the room, "Thanks. But do you think I might have time to change quickly as well?" she asked, gesturing to the mess that was her food-covered outfit. It was mostly some sort of sticky syrup that she had first mistaken for Maple Syrup for her pancakes. Unfortunately Arty had been quick to discover-now that it was all over her-that it was definitely some other, more artificial sugar blend and that was actually more upsetting than you might think, particularly to a Canadian. At least she knew how to get maple syrup out of clothing.

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 02-07-2014, 07:09 PM

A small smile appeared on his face as he looked over at Artifex. How could have overlooked something so simple? He kicked himself for not bringing that up when he first spoke to them. Oh well, it didn't really matter. She covered it and rather politely too.

"That is understandable." Offering her another smile, he flagged down one of the bilingual campers to explain what was happening to explain what was happening to some of the campers who didn't speak English. Again, Billy wanted to kick himself for not learning another language. Granted, he figured that was why most teams had one English counselor and one multi-language speaking counselor. His co-counselor, however, didn't seem to speak another language. He really hoped that meant everyone on his team could at least manage to speak and understand English. If not, oh what he would give for Google Translate right now!

With the other Asian counselor done explaining to some of the campers in the area, Billy let his eyes wander over the redhead before him. She seemed oddly familiar. But why? Recalling her face, Billy finally recognized her from the camper sheets he was given. This one, Artifex, was on his team. Using this, he decided he would state one thing more to her. "Seeing as you're on my team, I'll catch you up to speed if you miss anything, Miss Artifex." It was around that time that Billy was noticing something else. Looking to Takumi, Billy found himself shocked that he ran into two of his campers already. In fact, now that he thought about it, Eve, Megumi, and Anna were all on his team to. Hurriedly, he looked over his shoulder and spied that the boy Anna was with, Mikheil, was also on his team. Sometimes it was great having such a vivid memory.

As his eyes ran back to the late comers before him, he caught a glimpse of Constance and Lucas, two more of his campers. Already recognizing eight of the Olympians, Billy happily crossed his arms over his chest. So he made a few enemies, but he also gained some respect from these late arrivals. Still, he would have to address Suzanna and Eve later. Eve's actions were rude and, quite frankly, threatening to the other campers. Suzanna, the one person who was to back his play, seemed to add fuel to the fire and only made things worse. Nonchalantly, he sighed. Women, he supposed.

PrincessKasumi
Stalker Ninja
Penpal

Old 02-07-2014, 10:53 PM

This was going to be a nice retreat, and the only thing he would miss from not being able to use electronics is his mp3 player. He could careless about anything else. But you know what, he'll be damned if is going to a nice secluded retreat without music. Which is why he packed it anyway, he had his phone too but, it should be phone. They'll probably take the phone and put it then return it when his time there was done, when camp was over. Ever since Seong Jae-sang became some what of a celebrity back home and across Asia, and somewhat in other places if they seen his movies and were a fan. His most recent one was called Ninja Assassin and it was his last movie that he did before he went to server his military term. When he came back he started on a new movie which he is currently making.

Jae-sang was grateful for a private plan that would take him to the airport. This way he wouldn't have to deal with people on a normal crowed plan, even first class wouldn't save him. When the plan had finally landed he made sure he was wearing his shades, with his outfit. Seong Jae-sang stepped off the plan and quickly melded with the crow going inside the terminal to grab his baggage. He got a few long stares. He wasn't sure if it was because his 6'1" height or they are trying to figure who he was. Either way he didn't want to stay too long. He stood back a bit to let others brag their luggage while he waited. After a few minutes he noticed his two suitcases came down the conveyor belt, he gently push his way to the front and swooped them off the belt. He turned to go look for his ride.

They were going to have some sign with the word camp in it, he couldn't remember the rest. Shrugging at the thought he set his luggage down and looked around until he found the sign he was looking for, he gave a slight energetic wave, before picking up his luggage and walking over to them. It looked to be a young respectable middle aged woman who was going to be his driver. He gave a polite bow and a greeting in Japanese. Just as the driver took his luggage and went to put it in the truck, Seong Jae-sang got pushed, so hard his shades actually came off, and the person didn't even apologize they kept walking quickly. Jae-sang checked his belongings on his person, but nothing was missing, he looked in his wallet everything was there. So the person didn't steal anything, they were just plain rude. That's when it dawned on him that he didn't have his shades, and that everyone was staring at him. Oh no.... Just as soon as he bent to pick up his shades crowds of fans and paparazzi he assumed since they had cameras came rushing over. His driver called for him in a hurried ton, opened up the door and ran over to the drivers side of the limo. Jae-sang sprinted off for his limo and dived right through, closing the door behind him just in time.

Before the mob could surround the car like maniacs, the driver drove off. Presumably towards the camp. He let out a audible sigh. "Sore o tojite ita... Arigatō." Jae-sang leaned back in his seat. A few seconds later the window behind the driver rolled down. She called out to him to see if he was alright. And she was sorry that he had to go through that and not worry she wasn't a rabid fan, but she a fan, kinda. He smiled, and nodded. Most of the ride was in silence with a few minutes of small chit chat here and there. When he finally arrived, he asked the lady for a piece of paper which he promptly signed and handed to her, she thanks him. Jae-sang watched as she took his luggage and heading off for the logging's. He assumed she was taking it to his room he'll be staying in, how kind. He slipped back his shades before looking around and spotting a large amount of people in one area, he headed towards them.

Once he got to them, he realized it some sort of kitchen area, there was many choices of breakfast laid out, although there were selections missing, since everyone was eating and probably on seconds, and god forbids thirds. Jae-sang walked over and grabbed him a small bowl of strawberries, four strawberry banana and creme crepes with whip creme. My god, crepes were so delicious, whenever he had the chance to get them, he would no doubt order them if they were available. Jae-sand looked around, most of the tables were almost full by now with a few tables with only a few people or one person. Once he found the table he was going to sit at, he walked towards it which happened to be where Constance and Lucas were.

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 02-08-2014, 10:19 PM

Constance chuckled a little through her mouthful of food; it had only taken but a few moments, but the mountain of food was quickly starting to shrink in size. She nodded at his greeting before adding, "I highly doubt you would've been intruding on anyone." She chuckled to herself once again as she looked at the handsome features of the man she sat beside, paired with his accent, something that seemed much softer than her own American-ized Romanian accent, he was definitely a work of art. She nodded to herself as she took a few more bites of food, listening in on what Lucas had to say.

"Oh yes," she replied with a smile, using her napkin to wipe food from the corners of her mouth. "It should be quite a bit of fun, wouldn't you say?" At that point, the red head had to slow her feverish devouring of food to take a drink of orange juice. Just as she was setting the cup back down, a loud crash could be heard behind her, pulling the woman's attention to what had started the rain of applause. She looked at the startled male and watched as a slew of women proceeded to go after one of the guys, causing him to apologize. "I hardly see what the problem is," she said rolling her eyes, her attention clearly on the food before her.

"People have clapped for me many times when I've fallen, not like there's anything wrong with it." Constance was clearly oblivious to the act that many could take as bullying, but to her, any attention was good attention. The red head's pace was starting to slow down, which was probably fortunate seeing as she probably had at least 3 or 4 helpings on the plate and it was nearing the bottom.

Looking up from her food and conversation with Lucas, she spotted a male that was making his way towards their table. A bright smile came across her face as she waved the new comer to their table, kicking out the seat that was across from her as a further invitation. Stretching her hands high above her head she giggled a bit, this laugh much more girly than her earlier ones, "Yup, this camping trip should be quite fun!" Thus far, from what she really took in was she had one super attractive British man sitting next to her and coming to join them was an equally hot babe of an oriental decent male.

Sadly, Constance hadn't paid too much attention to the other campers, though that may have been to her benefit because she would probably get into more trouble wandering off then, than without seeing them right away. Not to mention, there appeared to be a few women that she could probably rope into following her. Once the man she had waved over finally sat, the woman was quick to excitedly say, "Hi, I'm Constance! What's your name?" She then peered back to the dirty blonde beside her and asked both men, "So what brings you guys out here then, hmmm?"

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 02-09-2014, 07:45 PM

It had been a long while since Suzanna had been in high school like environment. Her workplace consisted of just two people - her and Jeff - as they were the ones who did all the cleaning and catering around their tattoo parlour too, and while she interacted with plenty of people, drama flares weren't that common. So, to say this all didn't throw her off tracks would be lying. With John she could deal normally, but when Evelin went off to to push Billy. Now, she didn't like him, but being someone deeply against physical violence of any sorts and knowing her duties, she couldn't just sit back and let that happen (Although, when she lost control, she was quite the pushy-punch type of person, too, something she was quite disappointed about in herself).

However, while she got up and halfway there, Evelin was already on her way back. "I hope I never get on your bad side, Evelin," she commented as they moved towards table, "but then again, physical assault doesn't really put you in much better position than him. Maybe next time..." She stopped in middle sentence, as there was no time for further discussion as Billy had already come over. With mental sigh, Suzanna took her seat again, elbows on edge of table and hands propping her chin.

Of course, he saved his image with flair, not just to their table, but whole camp. She wasn't surprised, perhaps only slightly envious of the confidence he had. But that was first thing you would notice about him and therefor, nothing new to Suzanna. When he looked at her, there were no signs of hate in her hazel eyes as he perhaps had suspected. In fact, she looked at him in extremely evaluating manner, gaze piercing as if she saw right through him. Of course, what Billy thought she could see there and what was there was quite different.

Right about then, her attention was diverted to yet another clumsy person (Artifex) and counselor felt an incoming headache. But as Billy was already on his way to help them out, she decided not to get involved and rather watch what he would do. He handled it well, at least didn't mock either of them. If anything, this little chaos had made him take on his duties a bit more seriously. The tall woman left dining hall soon, most likely to change. Funny, Suzanna realized that even among all of these people with eastern decent, she would be one of the shortest - only Megumi was shorter. But that was a mere fleeting thought, there were more important things on her mind. Like pondering if this camp had been a good choice or one of the big mess-ups of her life. If it was, at least no one would point it out for rest of her life (other than herself).

"Now, let's not be negative, these are just first few hours. Sure, I can't make everyone impressed like him, but I can walk the longer road and actually help people... Hopefully. He can play first violin if he pulls it off, but rest of orchestra is important, too," she sighed softly and stood up, beginning to clean up the table, at least her part, as she had finished eating a while ago. By now, her slight smile was back in place and she chatted it up with Evelin and Megumi, if it was possible and they hadn't withdrawn in turtle-like shell. If so, she would try to shed it away carefully. It didn't matter that Evelin had lost her cool like that, there was a probably reason to that and so, Suzanna didn't judge and treated her just as friendly. Maybe during camp, this colorful girl could learn to vent her emotions other ways than through punching or art.

By now, she too had realized that many people that had caught her attention (Evelin and Megumi, Anna, Mikheil, Artifex, Lucas and Constance, Rain) during meal were of her future team. Suzanna had excellent visual memory, even back in school she simply read the pages enough time to remember them like a snapshot, while what the teacher spoke often went over her head - Suzanna really was the book-worm type. Knowing that, you would think she would catch this fact sooner, but she hadn't had the time to think on it much. "I look forward to working with you both in my team," she told Evelin and Megumi before they left dinner hall to listen to camp leader's speech.

Sun was indeed unfairly hot and bright, Suzanna shielded her eyes with hand and noted that next time, one of the jean shorts would work better for bottom. Yesterday, she hadn't had time to notice it so. Not that she really minded heat - cold weather was one of her enemies and also induced fear in this woman, for reasons she didn't really want to dwell on.

Mikheil missed what Evelin said to Billy, but he did see that push and sighed softly. Not because he felt particularly sorry for model-material. It just was worrisome how quickly things were spiraling into chaos and he sincerely hoped that a fight wouldn't break loose. The guy didn't look like one to punch woman, but the type could be rather unpredictable and Mikheil certainly wouldn't claim to be best at reading people.

Well, he had been right enough this time and soon, Billy was giving loud and flashy speech about camp's purpose and his position here. Croat had only one reaction when he learned this freckled 'hottie' was a counselor - groan and letting his head fall down with soft thud on his arms, in a position similar to what one would take when they tried to nap at table. "I should have known..." he murmured. But maybe he would be lucky enough and they wouldn't be in the same group. If they were, this camp surely would be a disaster, with everyone grasping each word from Billy's lips, girls swooning and guys following while he (Mikheil) fell a victim to mockery.

That's just how it always went. Billy could pretend to be all just and supportive, but in the long run, he would find someone to make the butt of all jokes. And why not the weird-talking kid with nerdy hobbies that looked like a lost puppy (according to one of his ex-friends)? He would probably mix punting of the puppy with giving him a nice pet between ears, but it's not like it got any nicer because of that. Male sighed and straightened up, trying not to look too displeased. Anna didn't know he was worried about such things, it would only make him lamer. Besides, it's not like he could entirely know what this guy was like? "Fool's hope," Mikheil rebutted mentally.

He began gathering his dishes and before standing up, flashed blonde girl a smile (of course, nowhere as stunning as Billy's): "I hope we end up in same team." Moments later, he regretted it, thinking that it was way too forward and all that, but what had been said was said.

~ p o p p e t ♥, Queen_Andais, star2000shadow, Eastriel are absolutely amazing ~

Last edited by sadrain; 02-09-2014 at 08:12 PM..

Seer Of the Future
Live Breathe Art

Old 02-10-2014, 01:45 AM

Evelin watched with eyes filled with ice as Billy spoke, before cooling off. She would really have to try to not let that guy get under her skin. This was just another reminder of why she stayed away from people. Bad memories flittered through her mind, and her slight wince at the thought of all the pain was the only give away. Rubbing her forehead, she sighed heavily, and looked up at the clock. That would be another reason for why she seemed to be acting up. She needed to take her pills. Before she could slink away she heard Suzanna and ducked her head. "Sorry." she said softly and pulled at a strand of hair. "I can't stand.... People getting hurt, no matter how small." she breathed and then looked to Megumi. She was almost positive she had scared the tar out of the female. Good first impressions... People would think she was a freak, nothing new to her, but she had hoped to lay low. How she despised her anger.

Taking back her sketch book as the girls finished up looking at it to head to the leader's speech, the woman plopped down in the nearest seat swiftly. Her world was already starting to spin. Was she really that late in taking her medication? Feeling cold, she gave a shiver in the warm sunlight and flipped her back around to her front. The sound of the pills shuffling inside was noticeable, but at this point she didn't care. Opening the front pocket, she took out her five pills from their individual bottles. Grabbing the water bottle from the main pouch she then lifted the pills to her lips with shaking hands. Closing her eyes tightly and swallowing down the gulp of water and pills, she repeated twice for the rest of the pills. Looking down at her hand that the pills had been in, she felt her lips press into a firm line as her fingers curled tightly. It was so frustrating, she was cured, but at the same time, still dying. She was sick of these pills, sick of being sick really.

Luckily the pills did their job and kicked in quickly, and the world stopped spinning. Her shakiness took a bit longer to take care of, but once it was, she was sketching once again as the campers headed outside. Things then settled down, and when they did, the campers were getting up and moving after the meal. Standing herself, she stretched, her back popping loudly making her smile and sigh. Cracking her neck to either side with a sufficient pop for each side she then placed her pencil back up behind her ear. Looking down at the angry fire covered arrow, she knew that venting anger through her art was a lot safer then punching a camp counselor. Which she had been debating on bringing it up to whoever ran the camp that a hot headed, butt head like that should not be a leader, but she decided she had caused enough trouble for one day. Sighing, she plopped back down on the seat she had been sitting in. It would be interesting to see what happens next.

Sezumie
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-10-2014, 03:40 AM

Megumi looked at everyone nervously. In only a few seconds, there was a whole clash of people and words flying. It made her a bit dizzy. She barely understood a huge portion of it, and decided that getting involved wasn't a very wise decision. Instead, Megumi took to just observing and noting everyone involved. She placed the sketchbook back where it was before she commotion, already done leafing through its pages. The tall man being the center of everyones anger (Billy), she unconsciously gave him a look of distaste. She looked back down at Evelin's sketchbook, leafing through the pages of sketches and drawings that were skillfully crafted by her hand. She looked back up when Billy was giving his speech. Taking note, her eyes scanned the room at everyones reactions. People seemed to be digesting his words very well. How cunning he is. His views seem skewed, but he is able to captivate an audience with words.

"Ah yes, I do hope to get along as well Suzanna-san." She bowed her head in respect. And looked to Evelin who had sat back down. The small girl would probably be the bystander to all this, and could never do something like that. Impressed was only one word for what she had to Evelin at that moment. "You are very brave Evelin." She gave her a reassuring smile. Granted Megumi was a little bit afraid of Evelin now that she knows that she is capable of physical violence, but it was cool to her, to be acquainted with someone who could walk up to a bully and make an attempt to stop them.

She saw that Evelin seemed a bit shaky, and saw the woman swallow some pills, and became worried. She stood up a bit too fast, and her chair fell with a loud bang. Flushing a deep red, she whispered a tiny "Sorry!" Before she picked up her chair and put it back. She bowed to the two women, completely embarrassed, before she picked up her two plates and the empty bowl and scurried over, grateful that one of the other counselors took the plates albeit nervously since Megumi seemed to be in a large hurry. She scurried back to the table and picked up her bag, noticing that Suzanna was going out to listen to the leaders speech. The noirette was about to follow, but she saw that Evelin was still sitting, and even had another drawing done. She walked over nervously, fingers tightly around the strap of her satchel."Evelin-san? Are you alright? We should go follow Suzanna-san......" She looked over to Billy and stifled a laugh,"He's a bit like a politician, that man." She said, looking from Suzanna to Evelin, "His mind is not right, but his words sink in like... a rock in water.... probably." Megumi wasn't sure if that was even the right expression, but she merely hoped to get her point across. "Well, I best be going over as well, I hope to get along from now on." She bowed to Evelin and hurriedly followed Suzanna to where ever the leader was supposed to give the speech.

Artifex
less than three

Old 02-10-2014, 01:42 PM

"Oh good!" Artifex sighed in relief, getting up from the table as she polished off her orange juice. "I'll make it quick, thanks Billy!" She was about to run out but first she stopped and turned back to Takumi, "Oh, and thank you again for helping me out. Sorry about the spill-you still have some in your hair" she pointed but this time refrained from going to touch him. She also spoke more clearly and a little bit slower so he wouldn't have as hard of a time keeping up with her English.

The only other language she knew some of was french-Quebecois French to be precise so even if someone else around here spoke french, the likelihood of their dialects matching up were rather slim. That's just the breaks of growing up in Ontario though, with Quebec next door the school board makes Quebecois French mandatory up until grade nine. It made sense, being Canada's second language and all but if you tried to use it anywhere in Europe people looked at you like second-rate trash. A good portion of France speaking Frenchies didn't even view that dialect as the same language. It was rather insulting actually.

Anyway, with that said Artifex skipped out of the hall with haste, she didn't want to miss out on too much so she ran towards her cabin to change.

~Well then, that went rather swimmingly didn't it?~ the commentary in her head was starting up again.

"If you can call falling flat on your back 'swimmingly', then yeah, sure" Artifex mumbled back to herself. Now that no one else was around, she didn't mind replying to it. For some reason her thoughts seemed to take on a life of their own sometimes.

~I was referring to you 'swimming' in food~

"Hilarious" she rolled her eyes, coming up to the cabin and pausing to catch her breath. The air was warm and sweet smelling from the bounteous amount of greenery. A few deep gulps of air made her smile peacefully before heading inside. Already starting up a pile of laundry as she discarded the food-ridden material from her body, she picked out something simple and cool. A pair of jean capris and a light blue tank top, though after finding a piece of fruit in her bra, she had to take the time and switch that out to.

~Maybe you should have brought more clothes?~

"I like to pack light" Artifex argued with herself. She hated being one of those girls with five bags, a purse, and two carry-on's. It was ridiculous, all she needed for a month was one dufflebag and the ability to wash her clothes once a week-in the lake if need be.

~I hate to break it to you, but if this keeps up you're going to need to do laundry more than once a week.~

"Oh shut up" she rolled her eyes and then let out a satisfied breath as she ran her fingers through her orange-red hair to make sure there was no food still caught in it. All set at last she stepped out of the cabin, took another deep breath of the clear air and took off down the trail to find the others again.

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 02-10-2014, 02:09 PM

GM MESSAGE
We could be at the dining hall for hours, but I would rather start pushing us toward the actual story so I'm advancing the story. You can wrap up your post, if you see fit, and move your character to the main field where the welcoming speech is given. The counselors will be introduced. And the first ice breaker will begin.

Was she angry? Sure, why wouldn't she be. But just who was the victim of her anger? It wasn't who you would think, truthfully. Her jaw was ajar as she watched this scene-like girl (Eve) bully the bully. Although Eve's intentions were understandable, it was no way to make a point, especially in front of the entire camp. Eve did one thing for herself. She became the bully and Billy rose to be the hero. Billy wasn't off the hook yet, though. Anna was still unsure of this guy. He was different. Calculating and wise. It would be interesting to see how their minds would work. Could he be someone she could have profound conversations with? Or would he be too cocky to stand?

Her gaze fell back across the table at Mikheil. "I really hope we are on the same team. If not, we'll have to join each other for lunch. I do believe I recall reading that all meals are a 'free for all' so we're not required to sit with our team." Offering him a smile, Anna's stare fell back on Billy. Such a strange creature, she thought. A part of her almost wanted to walk up to him and say hi. Or, better yet, challenge him to a game of sorts. Perhaps she would do that tonight? This was a camp, after all. There were bound to be games and silly things to come that night.

Reaching across the table, Anna picked up Mikheil's plate and cup. It was a thing of habit and it didn't even register to her that she was being overly polite, especially when taking out another man's trash. Still, she discarded everything properly and even managed to snag two apples and two juice boxes from a bowl. Tossing the apple at Mikheil and then handing him the juice box, the blond giggled. "C'mon, slowpoke. We don't want to be late! I saw some ducks on the lawn we're supposed to sit at. I dunno about you, but I don't want to sit in poo."

It was probably a five minute walk to the spot, but Anna was a speed walker so she made it there in half the time. Finding the perfect spot, she patted the grass beside her so Mikheil knew just where to sit. Granted, he might not be too fond of the spot for she picked right up from and to the right.

"Now now, don't be shy," spoke an elderly Japanese man. "Come closer like these youngsters," he said to the other students who were trying to fill up the back. Coaxing them forward with this hands, he finally got everyone to shift a good two feet forward. Mikheil and Anna were no longer the only ones in the front row, which probably put the bashful guy at ease.

Seeing him look around, Anna playfully poked his shoulder. "Stop being a guppy, Mik*" It was as if she could sense his jitters. Truthfully, though, she was just a tad nervous herself so calling Mikheil out on it only helped calm her own nerves. She half-hoped it would do the same for him.

Within no time, everyone was gathered in the area. The old man gave a speech, which, to her surprise was given in Japanese. Thankfully, a large screen was running behind him and it translated his speech in every language.

The speech was a tad long-winded, being about fifteen minutes long. A few times, Anna found herself nodding off. The sun was so warm on her back; it was almost too hard to sit still for that long. Her only saving grace was the grass below her fingers. She had been plucking it lightly and had started weaving a braid with some of the longer strands.

When the old guy finally finished up, everyone clapped. Gesturing outward, he called up each counselor one-by-one. He introduced each and everyone one, too. He even went so far as to share details about the person.

Quinn and Leslie were the counselors for Team Apostles. Quinn was from Ireland and Leslie was from New Guinea. Shi and Gracia were the counselors for Team Zodiac. Shi was from China and Gracia from Ecuador. Marco and Valeriya were the counselors for Team Knights of the Round Table. Marco was from South Africa and Valeriya from Russia.

"William Tyler Pelham is from Cape Cod, Massachusetts in the US of A. He's a Halloween baby and is currently twenty-seven years old. He's a Harvard graduate with a degree in law. He works for a prestigious law firm that deals with multi-millionaire clients. When he was younger, he wanted to grow up and become a magician." That's when Billy stepped forward and tossed his hand up to wave. Stepping back, the old man continued. "Suzanna Alvey hails from Manchester, England. She was born July 11th and is turning twenty-five soon. She's currently working as a tattoo artist and she does this because she wants to help people find themselves. Her co-worker tells me that she's always willing to listen and is very kind at heart. Some of her childhood teachers informed me that they could see her as a nurse, but support her decision to be an artist." His hand advanced Suzanna forward, which allowed her to gesture, if she choose. When she stepped back, the old man clasped his hands together and smiled. "These two are the counselors for Team Olympians."

A round of applause followed and, before long, the counselors were huddled together. Clearly, they were about to begin the first wave of ice breakers. This gave all the campers a few seconds to digest what just happened and even make some effortless pleas as to which team they wanted to be on.

Anna turned to Mikheil. "All the teams sound fun. I wonder which one we'll get tossed into. Any preference, if you could pick? The Zodiac sounds fun. Or the Knights of the Round table!"

All was going as planned. Now huddled in a circle with the other counselors, Billy elbowed Suzanna. "I think we should start with Rock-Paper-Chicken. From there, we can split into groups and do are own games." Someone asked him which games they were picked. "Suzanna mentioned that she liked the ball toss game. I'm doing the one I taught all of you. You know, the spelling game."

Breaking away, the counselors all seemed to stare at Billy. Had he really just been nominated to lead this group ice breaker? Giving it a shrug, he turned toward the campers.

"All right, folks," he whirled around to make sure the translation screen was working. It was. "We're going to start with a game called Rock-Paper-Chicken. The game is done over Rock-Paper-Scissors. For those of you who don't know the game, please watch Shi and Gracia." The two other counselors explained the hand game.

"This is what you'll be doing, but there's more to this game than just that. You also have to evolve. Yes, evolve. You see, you're all going to start as bouncing eggs." This time Marco and Suzanna demonstrated alongside with what Billy was saying. "After you play your RPS, the winner will evolve. You'll hatch from your egg and become a mighty... chicken!" Marco started flapping his arms as if they were wings. Strutting around, he pumped into Quinn who was doing the same thing. "Chickens and only duel chickens, just like eggs can only fight eggs. Now, if you win this chicken fight, you'll evolve again! Yes, into a soaring eagle." Quinn's arms extended outright and he pretended to soar around the stage. Meanwhile, Marco returned to his crouched position and went to duel Suzanna again. "If you lose any battle, you go back to being an egg. So your goal is to win, win, win!" Another eagle, Valeriya, stepped forward. She and Quinn battled and then, Valeriya turned to Billy to announce her new role. "If you win your eagle match, you evolve into a... well, I'm not sure how this is possible, but a Tyrannosaurus Rex!" Valeriya's arm hugged her body and her two fingers (index and middle) were curved outward. Stopping around the stage, she approached Leslie. The two played and Valeriya won. Jumping into the air, she tossed up some victory symbols before smiling. "The first person to become a 'human' wins."

He could see all these eyes blinking up at him. Chuckling, he jumped from the stage and found his way into the mix of students. "Well, what are you waiting for. Find an egg, exchange names and home countries, and battle. Oh, and while you're at it, share something you love."

Soon, all the campers and counselors were bouncing around with their knees bent and trying to play rock-paper-scissors without laughing too much.

*Mik: M+hick is how Anna's pronouncing it.

PLAYING THE GAME

To determine what your "gesture" will be, we'll be using this. Note that 1 = Rock, 2 = Paper, 3 = Scissors.
HTML Code:
[dice]3[/dice]
If you could put your roll at the beginning or end of your post, that would great. Also, thanks to Duke's testing, you should be able to go back and edit your post without losing your original roll. If for some odd reason it does change, just go by your first roll.

I don't expect these posts to be super long. Don't feel like you have to post with the played characters in this RP. You can interact with NPCs. You can do a double roll for any NPC you go up against. Because, you know, losing to the computer is totes possible. B|

TwitchTumblrInstagram
Wanna roleplay? WTF or Mene

Last edited by Xavirne; 02-10-2014 at 04:10 PM..

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 02-10-2014, 03:16 PM

Suzanna looked worriedly at Evelin and wondered if she had done the right thing. Surely, there had been a way to pull it all together better? No matter if colorful girl had done the right thing or not, she didn't have to feel all awful and rejected by it. But counselor didn't have time to talk with her more right now, that would have to come later. What was up with those pills, however? Was she ill? As she passed by and smiled at both girls - Evelin and Megumi - she caught shortest one's commentary about Billy and mentally agreed.

When everyone had gathered outside, she did a quick headcount before speech started, but guessed that she had messed the count up and so woman wasn't entirely sure if there was one person (Aiden) missing or not. There was no time to recount either. She took in the speech with great interest, her eyes only sometimes leaving screen to watch old man or her fellow campers. Some obviously got sleepy, but few were as interested as her. She felt effect of heat as well and thought in absent-minded manner that in no time, her face would be covered in freckles.

She liked that the man introduced all counselors, but as her time got closer, nervousness approached as well. Hopefully, she wouldn't trip or look silly giving that wave. Should she wave, actually? And don't forget a smile! Agh, everyone will be staring at her... But even with that, she didn't miss out what was said about her new, even if temporary, co-workers. They were quite the international team, really, and she looked forward to learning more about them all (as well as their countries). Of course, little 'blurb' about Billy was bright and impressive. And then it was her turn.

With surprising ease, she walked up to camp's leader in light, slightly bouncy walk and gave a wave to everyone, smiling brightly. Suzanna looked confident and cheerful person, if not for bright blush on her face - it wasn't just on her cheeks, but also on nose -, making her look even more youthful than she normally did. She wasn't used to public praises and some of these details felt very personal - more than about other counselors. But her aspirations were not made up and she was just surprised that they had contacted Jeff and her teachers. Apparently, the camp put more work into picking counselors than she had initially thought which meant... she really deserved it!

Then again, Billy had been chosen, too. She looked sideways at him, now standing in the circle with other counselors. Well, she looked sideways and up, that is. Even with thicker platform, she was just slightly over his shoulder height. As expected, he took over the lead easily and everyone complied. There wasn't really a reason not to, either. Playing RSP, of course she lost few first rounds, but had managed to become eagle by time Tyrannosaurus became human. The evolution chain on it own was amusing!

Soon after, she was off the stage as well and moved over in the 'egg walk' to one of her team-members - tall girl who had had to go change her clothes after the food incident (Artifex). "Hello there! I am Suzanna, from England and I really love art. Nice to meet you!" She knew she was repeating, but maybe the other had 'slept' through the introduction and, well, Suzanna was a bit of stickler for rules.

Suzanna plays: The 3-sided dice lands on 3

"Slowpoke? Like... Pokemon?" he echoed, slightly bewildered, but not so much at the prospect of there being birds on lawn than at how easy Anna took charge in a friendly manner. Well, he certainly didn't mind. In fact, it was kind of nice and warm. And he felt like someone had just given him golden star for excellence when he caught the apple! Phew, one lame failure averted. Current highscore of the day: 180.

Mikheil followed her outside and sat down at designed spot, crossing his legs like yogi. At commentary about guppy, he exclaimed that he can't help it and goggled his eyes and puffed cheek in a random fish impression, attracting perhaps way too many stares than he would have liked. But then he was saved from attention by the start of speech. It was moderately interesting, but it was hot here and man pulled off his jacket, throwing it over his arm casually. When he noticed blonde was getting drowsy, he nudged her slightly in side with elbow, but otherwise carefully followed text in German on screen.

He liked most counselors and was surprised to find out that the short chick was one, too. And she worked as a tattoo artist? Interesting. Was she really all that out for help as camp leader said she was? Maybe indeed, judging by her actions earlier. She seemed not older than him if not younger, despite 4 year gap, especially with that cute blush. But few minutes later, he was drawn into playing a silly, but kind of amusing game.

"Okay, let's see whose shell is tougher," he joked, offering Anna first round of RSP.

Mikheil plays: The 3-sided dice lands on 1

Last edited by sadrain; 02-10-2014 at 03:31 PM..

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 02-10-2014, 03:58 PM

A small shrill came from her lips when Mikheil decided to battle her first. Oh god, what would she do? The last time she played someone she continuously forgot to change from rock. Would that happen again? How embarrassing would it be to lose to this guy? Would he really kick her butt in this game? Anna realized just how foolish she was sounding in her head and tried to laugh it off. Mikheil was a friend now. Even if he beat her, she could seek revenge later. Besides, he looked like he could use a few wins in his book. But still.... Winning was her thing.

With her game face on, Anna boastfully chirped, "You're on, Mister Mik Magikarp!"

After their count of one-two-three, she covered her eyes with her free hand. She was too scared to see what her hand contorted to and, worse, what sign he was tossing her. Finally gathering up the courage, she peeked down at their hands.

"Nuuuu! Your rock beat my scissors!" Puffing out her lower lip, she pouted before giving him a wink. "Hopefully, you'll win the next few and become a human!" Waddling away, the blond sought out a new foe.

Anna dice lands on three; she plays scissors: The 3-sided dice lands on 1

Last edited by Xavirne; 02-10-2014 at 04:00 PM..

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 02-10-2014, 04:05 PM

"What? Magikarp is evolving! It becomes... Chicken! Huh, what's up with that," he joked and wished her luck in her future 'duels'. He looked around, trying to find someone that had already become chicken as well and moved over in the absurd chicken-gait to Garcia who accepted his challenge. He indeed hoped to get further, at least to a mighty eagle, in one nice go. Unfortunately, his scissors got crushed by Ecuadorean's rock and he sighed, beginning to waddle again, towards another unlucky egg. Well, this was ridiculous looking, but most people were laughing and he couldn't help but smile, too.

Mikheil plays: The 3-sided dice lands on 1
Garcia plays: The 3-sided dice lands on 3

Last edited by sadrain; 02-10-2014 at 04:14 PM..

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 02-10-2014, 08:43 PM

Lucas listened to the female, finishing with his apple as he did so. She seemed to have a healthy appetite, that was good. Most women would have complained or said they were watching their figure or something. She did not seem bothered by it at all though. From the corner of his eye, he noticed the crash and the scene with the other poor camper. He felt the urge to get up and help out himself, but the other seemed to be covered by the females who went to his aid. As for this Constance girl, she seemed bluntly unphased by the event. Her words as to not seeing what the problem was, caused his brow to lightly furrow.

He was tempted to speak up, though causing conflict on the first day was not really what he wished to do. Instead, his eyes moved to the counceler who seemed to have gained a lot of attention from this little event. He was not a bad looking guy, but his attitude and personality seemed to leave a wedge between him and many of the other campers. He had learned many times not to judge a book by its' cover, but at the same time, he was not fond of jerks or people who would so easily laugh at or exploit others. He would see where this was going, but so far he was not to fond of him.

He sighed a bit, the other male who approached their table was met with a warm smile from him. He gave a light wave, glancing slightly at the girl kicking the chair out across from them. She certainly was one with a personality. It was about here that she asked him why he was here. His eyes moved to the core of the apple that sat on the table. "I guess I am here for a few reasons" he said, but they had little time to continue the conversation. They had to move on to get things started. He smiled at the both of those who were at his table.

"We should get going...best to get this show on the rhoad right?" he excused himself, standing. He moved to the trash first, to get rid of the core of his apple. He would not have minded if the others decided to accompany him, but for now, he himself was on the move. He made his way down to the designated area, listening to the man who was explaining things and talking to the other campers. He looked at each of the councilers as they were introduced. One of them was that man from before, the other a female. He made a mental note of both of them within his head. He would need to remember them.

He did not mind the Japanese aspect of it all, he understood it well enough from his times around the world. At the same time, when things began to switch to english it was alright. He glanced a bit aroundd at the other campers who were in the area as well. A few he recognized from the hall, others he did not know at all. He was a bit off in his own mind, when the male counciler by the name of William stepped forward. For a moment Lucas thought he was mistaking him, but it was apparently true...the other had just said rock-paper-chicken.

That was probrably the oddest thing he had heard since getting here. It made him smile slightly, the little demonstration. It was indeed ridiculous, very childish. Being raised from such a proper and classy background, he was a bit unsure about it. His father would have been angry if he could have seen this. He would have said this was childish and not becoming of someone in his family. It kind of helped him oddly to relax, it did seem fun though odd as it was.

It was soon given for them to begin, and he watched a bit admitadly. It was nice to see people having fun and getting to know eachother. He was a bit nervous, but he did not let it get to him much as he attempted to have fun himself. This was a time to get to know those he would be seeing over this stay. None of them knew him, none of them knew his past or could judge him. Hopefully no one would put together his last name with one well known over the world.

At the same time he hoped no one really payed attention to some magazines, since there were at times pictures and articles within them about his family and even him. Many had his future already mapped out for him, and anything he did to go against it was scrutinized. Here he hoped he could be himself and not have to worry about that. Here he could make a future for himself as he wanted to and just be himself. So with that, he relaxed a bit more, going to find another egg to converse and battle with.

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 02-12-2014, 04:48 AM

Maybe he should have studied his English more before making his trip to camp the young man thought to himself. His attention turned back to Artifex. “It’s ok,” he said then he decided it would be wise to correct her about his name since it would make more since to most of the others to call one by their first name instead of surname. “You may call me Takumi, Artifex-chan.” He then proceeded to eat in a bit of a hurry. The food was better than what he was excepting it to be. Once he was finished Takumi talked to Billy. He did his best to explain to him, in English, that he needed a shower because he was hair was sticky with syrup from Artifex’ accident earlier. Thankfully Billy seemed to understand what he was trying to say and let him leave to shower.

The raven haired man managed to miss only a little over half of the opening speech. He was somewhat thankful that he had. It didn’t seem that long after he rejoined everyone that the time or the first of the ice breaker games started. He was confused at first by the name of the game, but was able to figure out the basics of the game by watching the demonstration. A girl came up to him and quickly introduced herself, “Watashi wa Williams Tabitha.” It seemed that she knew a little Japanese which helped him. “Boku Fujiwara Takumi.” She offered him her hand which he took and shook. “Watashi wa shussin Norfolk Virginia.” The young man responded by telling her where he was from as well. “Watashi wa shussin Seto, Napan. Watashi wa utau no ga daisuki.” He tried to keep things simple since he wasn’t sure how much the girl would actually understand. It took her a moment to process what he had told her before she shared that she loved to draw. With the formalities over the pair started their little egg duel.

Takumi plays: The 3-sided dice lands on 3

Tabitha plays:The 3-sided dice lands on 2

Last edited by blueblackrose; 02-18-2014 at 04:02 PM..

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 02-12-2014, 02:07 PM

GM NOTE

If all characters could post at least one post playing this game, that would be fantastic. I don't go out of my way to explain a game for one three of us to play it.

If it's not possible to post, let me know ASAP as I don't want to spend a month trying to advance the game forward to the actual start. If I do not receive a PM explaining your absence by the end of MY day on February 18, 2014, I will BOOT you from the roleplay. I'm not about to let this die before the story even begins. You were all VERY eager for this to start. It has started. So what's changed? If you're not in the mood for this anymore, let me know via PM that you want to drop.

Needless to say, once everyone has one post for this first game (save for you, Shadow, as you've yet to come into the story), we will go ahead to the next game. NO, you will not play it. I will do all the work because I don't need this next game to take three weeks. I can tell that you're all bored with this so I'm not going to keep dragging you through what I had planned. If you're not bored, well then, my bad. BUT I haven't received word as to what you can't post. If you're too busy, let me know. If you're bored, let me know.

So there you have it. Your GM update. Respond accordingly.

Seer Of the Future
Live Breathe Art

Old 02-17-2014, 09:09 PM

Evelin watched as the counselors were introduced and felt relieved to see that Suzanna was one. She would really be able to control her anger with the mellow woman as another counselor to speak with. Hopefully. Then came the first of the icebreaker games. Tilting her head to the side as she watched the evolutions, she shook her head and slipped her sketchbook into her panda backpack. Brushing a strand of hair out of her face, she then sighed and tried to summon up her courage. If this didn't bring back bad memories of high school, she didn't know what would. Crouching into her little egg form she hopped over to a group of people, looking around a bit lost. She wasn't the best one to scrounging up a conversation. Seeing a male that was well tanned, blonde, and blue eyed she decided to head for him. He seemed to be like her, looking for a partner to egg spar with. She thought he was Lucas but she wasn't sure. "Hello I'm Evelin. You can call me Eve." she said lightly, offering a bright smile. "I am a free lance artist in Tokyo, so I love art." she added lightly.

-----------------
Evelin plays: The 3-sided dice lands on 2

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 02-17-2014, 10:53 PM

Lucas turned his attention to the approaching female as she moved over to him. He turned to face her, listening to her introduction. "A pleasure to meet you" he said, he might have been an egg, but that was no excuse for poor manners. "My name is Lucas Léon" he paused for a moment after that. What did he love...what could he place here. He pondered it for a moment, "I do have a passion for cooking" he smiles. That was good, something to settle on for now. He nodded a bit to himself, ready to get this little egg battle on going. He chuckles lightly, as their little duel came to an end. "Seems that you win" he says, giving the female a slight eggy bow. "It was a pleasure to have had the privilage of dueling such a fine egg...or rather...chicken now" he chuckled once more.

--------
Lucas' Roll: The 3-sided dice lands on 2

Last edited by Kiyoto; 02-17-2014 at 10:56 PM..

Seer Of the Future
Live Breathe Art

Old 02-18-2014, 05:35 AM

Evelin smiled hearing his name and nodded. Lucas. Not a name she heard often, that was for sure, but more known then Suzanna. "It's nice to meet you." she said lightly and giggled as she won the duel. Spreading her now chicken wings, she flapped them a bit and gave a little hop. "I wish I could cook. I am not very good, I tend to burn things." she laughed lightly and then bowed in returned to the egg. Though she stumbled and nearly lost her balance, but she caught herself. "I'm such a cluts." she giggled and smiled up at the handsome boy. "Good luck transforming into a chicken!" she said happily and gave a grin. Righting herself once again she gave a wink and set out, to find more to duel. At least she hoped to.