Alicia
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-09-2007, 05:14 AM

NOW OPEN! Yay!

The chance game like, literally ate a majority of my money. I need to make that back up... And convince myself not to play any more, but that's a problem I have to deal with myself, I guess. So, Chance Kills is the name of the shop, as a reminder to myself not to be tempted to play the darling Chance game.

• 1. Intro
    2. Info
    3. Samples
    4. Commissions
    5. Special offers
    6. Links

Alicia
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-09-2007, 05:15 AM

How does the process work?
  • You place your order.
    I agree to it and put you on the list.
    You send a trade.
    I do the art, let you know I'm finished, confirm the trade.
    You may request a preview watermarked version if you don't trust me.
    You confirm trade.
    I give you the art.

What can you draw?
  • Hrm, I think I can and will draw pretty much anything if I apply myself, but I make no guarantees as to certain things looking good the first go around. (You want a Scandinavian Gopher drawn? Good luck. xD) At the time of writing this, I don't know if Mene has a PG-13 rule about art~ If so, I must abide by that rule, though you can always PM me on DeviantArt for an off-Mene RL money commission for something above PG-13.
How long will it take you to finish a piece?
  • Depending on the day, right now, my schedule is pretty open. Except for recently when I've had a lot of real life problems, and I still owe one person art. (Though I am upgrading her art because she's waiting.)
    I probably will eventually have some time-honor guarantee, but not just yet. Know that if I feel I'm taking too long to get started, that I will likely upgrade it. Most of the time-- no longer than 2-3 days.
Do you accept items?
  • I actually VERY MUCH prefer contribution items to pure. And most event items also.
Can you do anime style? Comic book style?
  • Anime style is debatable. I don't like drawing with lines as much, it takes me a long time. (Though I suppose if I cel-colored it'd take the same time as soft lineless.) I may bridge towards it at some point.
    I can actually draw pretty decently in comic book style, I intend to bridge towards that for some sketches or something soon... I want to make everyone as happy as possible.

What if I'm not happy with my art?
  • It depends on what it is... if I missed something you said and majorly screwed up, it's my fault. I'll have to redo that part/the whole thing. If you didn't mention it in the first place and it's small, I can probably alter it. If you didn't mention it and it's huge, there will probably be extra cost for me to mess with it. The moral of this story is to be as descriptive as possible and give me as many reference pictures as you have. Overloading me with information is NOT a bad thing. I usually read it/look at it ALL.
What can I do with my art?
  • You may display your art anywhere you like, so long as my signature is still there, and you don't call it your own. If you wish to alter my art for a layout or something, that's fine 95% of the time, just PM me to double check first, please?

Alicia
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-09-2007, 05:15 AM

I'm going to place my 5 favorite pieces of the moment here as samples, plus the last fully done piece I have. Once I draw some more and get more art onto my DeviantArt, I'll include that. (Mostly there is just old stuff there now.) Here is my most recent fully CG'd piece:

• Anyway, click these too!

Alicia
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-09-2007, 05:20 AM

So you looked at my samples and -want- something, huh? This is the commissions section.

Be sure to check my specials section too, limited-time offers are there.
  • Right now, my prices are open ended. That means YOU offer what you want me to draw and for how much. I'm going to take offers for a couple days, and then take the top two or three offers I like, then base my prices off of those offers.

How I value art--
    1 bust up is worth 3 half body sketches.
    1 waist up is worth 2 bust shots.
    1 couple's waist up is worth 2.5 waist up pieces.
    I will not do a full body unless you -severely- bribe me.

(What this means is: User A offers 10k for a waist up. User B offers 10k but wants sketches only... user B would get 6 waist up sketches.)

In order to do work for you I HAVE to have references and character information. I HAVE to have it guys. If you don't give me enough information, I may cancel your order unless you're very flexible with character design.

Normal art slots:
  • 1. Taking offers, but there will be a 4-5 day+ wait for me to start your art right now.
    2. Closed

Bribe slot:
(You can bribe me a huge amount for a full body or an extra slot.)
  • 1. Yumehayla (Sketch stage.)
    2.the_anna135 (deal not finalized yet.)

Alicia
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-09-2007, 05:20 AM

Special 1~ The Epic one~ THIS IS A ONE TIME DEAL.
  • This offer will never be given again in this shop. Once it is taken, it's taken.
    I want to attempt a magnificent scene of a picture. This would be a full body picture with a full background/foreground. Background is your choice but not like to the point of picking where trees go or something. o__O
    Wait time will obviously be longer, maybe 2-3 weeks, because I want to pack every single ounce of detail I can muster into this picture. I want it to be epic. I am only accepting an extremely good offer for this. (Right now I have my mind set on a V-day set+ St. Patty's set, though I may take other things for it.)

Special 2~ Sketch bust shots~
  • Quick, semi realistic, pencil, lightly shaded bust-up sketches. I don't have any samples of these right now, so they're uber cheap. I'll only draw them once all 5 slots are filled OR after 3 days, whichever comes first. Price: 200g each.
    Slots:
    5 Open.

Alicia
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-09-2007, 05:25 AM

Want to affiliate your shop/auction with me? It doesn't actually kill you, I promise. ADD ME, then PM me with your shop's banner code. I reserve the right to change it to a text link if your banner is humongous. >_<

For this code you have to remove the break after the url tag so that it's all one line. Other than that, copy and paste:

Code:

Alicia
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-09-2007, 05:26 AM

Reserved, I guess?

Alicia
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-09-2007, 06:16 AM

Okay, open for posting~ Not open for art offers yet.

I still owe Yumehayla a bust, and this will open tomorrow after I finally get a chance to start on it. x_X

Posting/comments/chit chat welcomed. <3

Alicia
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-11-2007, 12:29 AM

Okay, the shop is actually open now. <3

BettyBeat
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-11-2007, 01:02 AM

Wow! Your art is beautiful! <3

I surely don't have enough to get a slot, but I'm sure customers will come flocking. :3

ToxicQuiddity
*^_^*

Old 11-11-2007, 01:18 AM

|| grabby hands ||
*A*

I've starred at your art for a long time, but I bet I don't have nearly what it takes
Good luck~
<3

Alicia
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-11-2007, 02:45 AM

I'm thinking about doing a contest for art for people who show up and chit chat a lot or something.

So do not fear! Art is a possibility for everyone... just not yet. xD

And thank you guys for the compliments. <3

Moon
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-11-2007, 02:48 AM

Holycrap your art is amazing.
I'm jelous of your skills. >;[

Alicia
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-11-2007, 02:51 AM

Haha yes, skill is a good word.

None of it is actual talent. xD I'm horrible at concepts and character design and actual... thinking. :lol:

Thank you~ <3

Anyone have a clue how I should run the contest? o_O

The Spirit of Death
(◎_◎;)
Banned
n/a

Old 11-11-2007, 03:14 AM

• Awesome art Alicia ^^

Good luck <33

Alicia
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-11-2007, 12:21 PM

*wonders where all Spirit's gold went*

Hmm.

Jennifer
High fives are pretty great!

Old 11-11-2007, 12:49 PM

I wouldn't mind getting my avatar drawn.
Your art looks really beautiful. /drools over art.

Could I offer 1k for a normal art slot?

Alicia
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-11-2007, 12:59 PM

How big/detailed of a piece are you offering on?

Your avatar isn't very complicated at all, so I could likely do a shoulders-up for 1k. <3

I can't start -anything- until late today though. ^^; I'm about to leave until this afternoon.

If all that's okay~ what sort of expression, etcetera? ^__^ (And do you want a specific eye color?)

Jennifer
High fives are pretty great!

Old 11-11-2007, 01:07 PM

That's sounds fine. C:
Suprise me on the eye color and everything else; just whatever works for you.

The Spirit of Death
(◎_◎;)
Banned
n/a

Old 11-11-2007, 07:52 PM

• Cool Alicia got a sale already! <33

And yeah.. I lost it all on the Chance game xD..

I wanted a Yumeh Pin so I went and bet 300g and lost, kept doubling and stuff >__o

lol.. But I bought my Boa in time before I lost it all! <3

Alicia
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-11-2007, 11:36 PM

I think we need to just quit with the chance game. xD

About to start on Jennifer's art in just a sec. <3

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 11-12-2007, 08:14 PM

Beautiful art! :3

As for contest ideas, I'm not sure. I've seen one artist use a point system to award drawings, but there are always random page prizes, or quizzes. :0 *lame ideas*

Alicia
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-12-2007, 08:27 PM

@Ferra-- point system? o__O How does that work? And thank you!

@Jennifer-- I scrapped the version I had last night, I just didn't like how it was going. I'm going to try again later today. ^__^

Chroma
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Chroma

Old 11-12-2007, 08:33 PM

-=leeches off your skeelz=-

Eeh, I'm in love with how you shade skin and hair * w*!! <3

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 11-12-2007, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia
@Ferra-- point system? o__O How does that work? And thank you!
I think you just award points for different things, and once they have enough that earns them a freebie. ^^;

I know GarretValentine is using that in her shop. I think it's clever, but it might be hard to keep track of.