Typically Untypical
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-22-2018, 03:37 AM

Merida looked at the sadness on his face and it made her want to believe in him, but she had to be cautious. She looked down at Annabeth and Madoc. "We will stay, for a few days," but only because Annabeth looked so excited. She didn't want to be his wife, but maybe if she got to know him, maybe if she could trust him, that would change. "But allow the three of us to share a room." She would feel safer that way knowing that her siblings were safe and by her side.

Madoc frowned, "We should get home to the farm, leaving it unattended even for a few days will open it up to looters."

"I know, I know." She said softly and quietly, "but we will find a way to survive it like we always have." She turned back to the King. "Maybe we could start with you teaching us how to ride? I think Annabeth would enjoy that very much."

Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 04-08-2018, 03:00 AM

"Of course!" Edwin said after Merida had asked to stay with her siblings. "I wouldn't dream of splitting apart a family." He was honest, he really would prefer everyone in the family to stay together. But the fact that Merida was so attached to her family made her that much harder to please.

King Edwin couldn't help but frown a little when the boy mentioned their farm could be looted. It was rather embarrassing that he really didn't have any clue about peasant life at all. He thought about somehow implementing harsher punishments for those who disobey the laws of the land, but it would be incredibly difficult to catch everyone in such a vast kingdom.

"Don't worry about your farm... I promise, I will make sure no harm comes to any of it." He smiled at the boy, hoping that someday he could win him over. Although, it seemed obvious that the boy was never going to like him.

Typically Untypical
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-11-2018, 05:35 AM

Madoc looked skeptical. He didn’t trust this man with his older sister but he also knew that Merida would be further irritated at him if he continued to push the issue, so he remained silent. His face continued to display a frown though to show his displeasure, but he seemed to be the only one. Annabeth was excited, looking back at the horses, wanting to play with them more and wanting to be taught how to ride. Merida looked a little worn out. It was hard to raise two children.

“Thank you, my King for offering to protect our farm, it is our livelihood. I can rest easy knowing it won’t be harmed while we are gone.” He was being very kind to her, and Merida wasn’t sure if it was just because he was trying to woo her, or if this was really his personality. She knew very little about her King as it had not been something that she had been concerned of previously. Even worse she didn’t know the actual circumstances behind the Queens’ disappearances and it made her a bit paranoid.

If they were going to stay for the next few days, they would need clothes. They didn’t have any other nice clothes that would look decent in this kind of community. She ran a hand through her hair as she thought about this. She would have to figure this out for herself.