Grumman_Goose
Dainty

Old 08-10-2012, 01:23 PM

This is a roleplay between Grumman_Goose and madlittlealice.

---------------------------------------------------------

Bio's:

User: Grumman_Goose

Name: Alexander Ellis Travellion (Alec Travellion)

Height: 5'10

Appearance: [x]

------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddlittlealice
User: madlittlealice

Name: Cameron Daniel Grigori

Height: 5ft 5in

Appearance: [x]
-------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Grumman_Goose; 08-14-2012 at 03:03 PM..

Grumman_Goose
Dainty

Old 08-10-2012, 02:07 PM

It was Wednesday, it had to be Wednesday, for some reason Alec didn't like Wednesday's, they never went well for him. He even had a mug at home that said 'I hate Wednesday's.' He turned into the car park of the new school that he had managed to get a job to, it had taken him 4 months to find a teaching job and this appeared out of nowhere, he applied and was offered the job 3 days later, it was the best turn of luck that he'd had for a while. He found a space and parked in it, he liked his car, it seemed to brighten up the car park, his yellow coupé among the sea of beige, black and gray, hatchbacks, minivan's and saloons. He plucked his bag from the passenger seat and got out. Looking over his car and then all the others that had already arrived he felt like the new kid and didn't know the rules. Well, he was the new kid so to speak, but it still made him feel uneasy. He checked in the bag to make sure he had everything that he would need. "Paper, stationary, laptop. Good it's all hear."

He pushed his glasses up a little as they had slid down during his stock check. He locked the car and briskly made his way to the school building, doing a fast walk/ jog he reached the doors and pushed on them, he was immediately met with the typical image of a high school: linoleum floors, walls of lockers and posters highlighting various events that were occurring. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a piece of paper. It had a crude drawing of a floor plan of the school telling him where to go, he had drawn it the previous night in a hurry just so he could get to sleep after having a miniature heart attack over the fact then in less then twelve hours he would be a teacher, Julia, his wife of 6 months, had remeasure him more times then he could even remember, but his nerves still got the better of him. He checked his watch, he had fifteen minuets until school started, yet still the corridors were empty of students. "This is different from England, that's safe to say."

He looked back at his map and walked down the hall, He walked around for five minuets looking for his class room until he found it half way down a hall which Alec swore that he'd already been down, he opened the door and cautiously walked in as though he wasn't supposed to be here. The classroom looked like a typical classroom, this one in particular was a geography classroom, the walls littered with maps and sheet, with information about this and that which none of the students probably paid the slightest attention to. He walked over to his desk at the front of the class room, the dark, wooden desk looked like it was older then him, for all he knew it probably was. He took off his blazer and placed it on the back of the chair and placed his bag under the desk out of sight.

Alec turned to the green chalkboard that was behind him, and examined it, it was still dirty from yesterday still covered with bit's of information that didn't really add up. Alec huffed and looked in the draws of the desk for a cloth or an eraser of some kind. He found a tatty, old ragged cloth at the bottom of a draw and picked it out. "This.. will.. have to do..."He wiped the board clean making sure that it was ready for his lesson. His first lesson, he nervous and excited, he wondered if every teacher was like this? He shook the thought out of his head and checked his watch yet again. He still of five minuets until school started. Did he have time to go to the toilet before all hell broke loose? The toilets weren't that far, he risked it he left the classroom closing the door behind him, not that it mattered and walked down the hall he had passed them on the way to his classroom and found them with ease, he found a cubicle and went in, locking the door behind him. He didn't know why but he hated urinals, just the thought of them made him shudder, he unzipped his fly and started his business, but no sooner then he started the bell indicating the beginning of school rung. "What! Five minuets already? Bollocks I'm going to start late... What a brilliant way to start your first day Alec, just fantastic."

madlittlealice
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-10-2012, 09:18 PM

Wednesday, middle of the week, made perfect sense to start school in the middle of the week, they were already starting in the middle of the year anyway. Cameron trudged up the gentle slope the main office loomed before his vision like a big scary monster that could eat him up in one easy gulp. There I go again my imagination running away wild. A gentle drizzle had started droplets of water clinging to his hair and clothes not enough to soak him but enough to chill him especially with the air conditioning blasting on high in the main office. Typical school office, trophies in a trophy case, bulletin board with various activities, announcements for try outs, a few rows of pictures depicting people important to the school for certain reasons, all of it just so high school down to the overweight receptionist playing solitaire on the computer.

Clearing his throat seemed the least obnoxious way of getting her attention, so that’s what he did. Didn’t help much the receptionist still glared at him clearly annoyed to have been interrupted. ”….Yeah I’m new here, I was told I could get my schedule. I’m Daniel Grigori.” she didn’t say much, actually she didn’t say anything at all, just heaved her heavy bulk out of the chair and disappeared for a few minutes, when she came back she handed him a printed schedule of his classes, a student handbook full of rules no one followed anyway, a folder with information to be filled out by his parents, and a map of the school with his classes highlighted in green for him. Maybe the receptionist was nicer then he though. ”Thank you” on second thought maybe not, his thank you was brushed off and he was clearly dismissed with nary a word spoken. It was probably someone else who highlighted the map for him, maybe a student who had put this packet together for him, one of those office helpers.

The bell had already rung, he was late of course. Cameron debated just skipping his first period class with a Mr. Travellion, he hated that whole walk into a class late and be on the receiving end of the stares of every single student plus an annoyed teacher because you interrupted some lecture. But he couldn’t afford to miss anymore school. Already he was a week behind, shortly after moving here from California he’d come down with the flu and missed an entire week. Plus the time he had missed on the move over he was already probably two or more weeks behind.

Lucky for him the door to the classroom was actually in the back of the class, maybe he could just slip into one of the last seats and avoid the stare of everyone. No such luck. When he peeked in through the window he spotted one of the only empty desks smack center, third row in first seat right near the teacher. Of course that would be the only one open. His hand hovered on the knob and without given himself time to think he opened the door and strode down the aisle head down to avoid the looks he could feel burning into him in question. A new student was always the object of curiosity.

Grumman_Goose
Dainty

Old 08-10-2012, 09:56 PM

Alec briskly walked down the hall knowing that he should have already started the class, but he knew that he couldn't hold back nature. The was just as empty as it was before he went to the bathroom. He still wasn't sure if school actually had begun yet, but quickly looking through windows to other classrooms he saw that school was most certainly under way. He reached where his classroom was and immediately felt the butter fly's in his stomach. "Alec just relax, your prepared for this, you got this." He put his hand on the door handle and it hovered for a moment. "For god sake Alec, stop being a woman." He opened the door and walked to the front of the class room.

As he walked down the noise was incredible, he didn't think that about twenty teenagers could make so much noise. He was obviously wrong but despite his appearance in the room the students just ignored him as though he wasn't there at all. He continued to the front of he room trying to make sure that he didn't collapse in utter fear. He stood behind his desk and took a deep breath. "Uhh guys?" His voice was about as loud as a mouse compared to the racket in the room. "Guys..." He said a bit louder but still nothing from the rowdy teens in the room. "GUYS!! WILL YOU BE QUIET!" His voice rose above the noise in the room and it instantly fell silent. It was an un-nerving silence as now the whole class was looking at him and he didn't know what to do after. "Sorry about that. I, uhh.. I couldn't think of anything else to uhh.. do.." He picked up a piece of chalk and brought it up to the chalkboard, his hands shaking as he did so "Dammit Alec get it together" He placed the end of the chalk on the smooth green surface and started to write his name. "Now I'm Mr. Travellion, your new.. Geography teacher. I hope that I won't have to raise my voice like that again because in short, it hurts." He hoped that it would have brought some humour to the room, but in fact did nothing. He finished writing and turned back to face the class only to be hit by a piece of crumpled paper. The day had already gotten of to bad start but he could just tell that it was slowly going to go down hill. "Alright who did that. Seriously, I'm not like other teachers, I'm not going to put up with this childish crap, okay? You mess with me and you can kiss your sweet arse to detention." He picked the piece of paper off of the floor and put it in the bin. "Anybody going to own up?" He looked around the class room to see if anyone looked remotely guilty, they all had straight faces not showing any sign of guilt. "Damn, their good... Okay well the only solution that I can see for this is that each and everyone of you goes in to detention, hmmm, how does that sound?"

The silence was broken by a "Josh did it!" "What the hell man, you grass!" Alec smiled slightly at the sudden outburst. "Right now that, that has been cleared up, Josh I'll see you in here at 3:30 okay? That's not an option I want you here at 3:30." He walked back over to the desk and pulled out his laptop out of his bag and started it up. "Now! I understand that you're looking at development in contrasting nations at the moment, so I'd like you to get out your textbooks and turn to page forty-eight." The room was motionless. "My god it's like a mourge in here... That was an instruction not a comment. Get to it." He went and sat in his chair and logged on to his laptop. He brought up a register for the class and proceed to call out the names.

madlittlealice
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-10-2012, 10:39 PM

His heart beat out each of his quick steps to the desk at the front of the room, he had yet to glance up at the teacher, he was having a hard enough time making as little noise as possible while he slid into his seat. It took him a long tense moment to realize that the teacher was calling roll call, and on top of that it was his name being called. He cleared his throat an oddly loud noise in the quiet room, he wished someone else would make a noise, all he wanted to do was blend in, not to be noticed. He had been noticed enough at his old school to last him this lifetime. ”Here” he managed to croak out, his insides squirmed his stomach doing odd little flips, made him glad he hadn’t eaten breakfast that morning. His twin sister he knew wouldn’t have this problem, she was as opposite from him as it was possible to be. Where he was quiet she was loud, where he was painfully shy she was anything but, she was a social butterfly able to make friends with nothing more than a smile. Even in looks they were polar opposites, Maureen was super model tall, tan as only a girl from California could be, with long wavy hair a honey blonde in color, the only thing the twins had in common was their ice blue eyes. When Maureen walked into the room everyone just paled in comparison it was as if while in the womb there was only so much personality and looks to be doled out and Maureen had gotten the grab bag leaving the leftovers for the twin who was a few minutes younger.

Maureen hadn’t exactly been happy to move here all the way from California, but Cameron had been, he could have kissed his dad for being transferred here. Things at his last school hadn’t been good. Being who he was seemed to tick a lot of guys off, and when guys are ticked off they have a tendency of doing something about said ticker offer. Cameron closed his eyes for a moment man was he glad to be away from that place. Maureen wasn’t though and she never let anyone forget it, constantly mopping around the house complaining about how this was no California, and when she was doing that she was either on the phone gabbing away to the best friend she left behind, or texting her, or on the computer. Cameron had no friends he felt any real attachment too back there that was the problem with being quiet and shy people generally forgot about you. At least that was the way it was supposed to work.

After a few moments Cameron found himself rigidly relaxing, if that was even possible. The teacher moved onto the next name and students started to lose interest. It was hard to focus much on anything at seven thirty in the morning. Teenagers were basically useless until around ten anyway, the sleepy stares of the students returned to the teacher who was making his way down the list of names. Cameron soon found his eyes fastened on his new teacher too, the man was young. Or at least he looked fresh out of school, Cam wondered how he was going to deal with a bunch of high school students when he couldn’t be more than seven years older than them.

Grumman_Goose
Dainty

Old 08-10-2012, 11:06 PM

Alec finished calling out the names and sent the register to the admin office. He shut his laptop and went and sat on the edge of his desk with a copy of the textbook in one hand, he looked at the class and could see that they were all half asleep. He had to admit it was early in the morning but he didn't think that they would be this uninterested in even staying awake. He closed his textbook and dropped it on the desk. It made a loud thud as it hit the table and jolted a few students. "Are you all honestly that tired? Now I'm not a morning person, but I can say that I'm not this bad." He brought his hand's together and he rubbed the ring on his finger. It felt a little tight, maybe his finger had swollen? He didn't know, that wasn't important now, making sure that he taught a lesson was a bit higher on the agenda.

He picked up the textbook and opened it again. "Now I find that the best way to learn something is by learning off of others. Now I want some of you to read from the text book and those that aren't reading you should be taking down any notes that are important." He looked around the room to find a student and found one looking as though he was hiding away from everyone else. "Uhh.. You can start from the top of the page, your name's Cameron?" He rubbed his ring again. He knew he should stop but it was becoming a habit of his, it felt odd having such a small piece of metal with such a huge significant meaning behind it so irritating. He would get used to it but it would take a while. "Excuse me? Mr. Travellion?" the voice suddenly broke the silence. It was a girl on the front row. "Uhh yes... What is it?" She moved her hair behind her ear and continued to speak. "Are you from England? Because that accent is really good." Alec looked a little dumbfounded at the question. "Urm.. Yes as a matter of fact I am from England. Why do you no like that?" The girl at the front looked a little insulted at his perfectly acceptable answer. "No, it's fine, I was just curious." She said sharply.

It had already been ten minuets and he hadn't thought them anything, it had to be a Wednesday that he had to start his teaching. "Okay we're getting off track here. Cameron could you please read up until the third paragraph please." He walked back to the board and wiped of his name. He held the book in one hand and a piece of chalk in the other and started to write notes on the board from the book, he knew that they wouldn't listen teens never do, they have to be spoon fed nearly everything that they need to know. It irritated him slightly that they were so unmotivated.

madlittlealice
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-10-2012, 11:28 PM

Distracted as he was by his new kid, new school jitters he hadn’t even noticed the English accent his teacher had up until it was pointed out. Instantly he zoned in on it catching every syllable, Cameron had a fascination with accents, or more of any guy with an accent was swoon worthy in his book. The English accent most of all, that and the Scottish accent, he wasn’t sure why but those got him the most out of every other. Or maybe it was because the last guy he had had a crush on, and then got beaten up by said guy effectively crushing his crush was a Scottish guy in his old school. He wasn’t sure how word had gotten around about his crush, Cameron had reason to believe it was Maureen who tipped him off, but soon everyone knew and the next thing Cam knew was a fist to the face…and the stomach and every other part of him. Turned out the Scottish kid has something against gay guys, something Cameron hadn’t even been aware of. But after that he had been dragged out of the closet, no one had known he was gay, no one but his sister. Soon enough his parents found out, in the past six months since they had found out had been an eye opener for Cam. His parents weren’t particularly fond of gay men, first they didn’t want to believe it, but then after awhile they mainly gave him the cold shoulder.

”Uh…Mr. Travellion, I’m new here. I don’t have a text book yet” he pointed out rather surprised by the fact that this teacher hadn’t known he was a new student since the first moment he walked in. Then two and two clicked into place, the question by the girl, the fact that he didn’t give him a textbook or a syllabus, and hadn’t even notice Cameron equaled up to one thing… least that Cam could see. The teacher himself was new as well. For reasons he could only see as fellow newness syndrome, Cameron felt a bit more at east. Not only because the students were more interested in a new teacher, but also because he didn’t feel so nervous about coming into this one class totally unprepared. The whole class was on a new curriculum he wouldn’t have to play to much catch up in this one class at least.

The same student, the girl with the curly red hair that seemed incapable of staying behind her ear, seemed to take it upon herself to be classroom representative or something of the sort. Cameron couldn’t tell if it was politeness or something else, but she got up and grabbed a book for him setting it on his desk with a smile before taking her seat. He honestly couldn’t decide if that was polite or rude. Polite to him and rude to the teacher for not allowing him to do that, he decided not to comment and opened the book. Of course when he started reading his voice came out way to soft and he ended up stumbling over a few words due to nerves, luckily the volume of his voice masked the fact that he was making a fool of himself.

Grumman_Goose
Dainty

Old 08-11-2012, 12:27 AM

Alec had no idea that Cameron was a new student. It kind of shocked him that he didn't even notice that he didn't have a book. The lack of a book was soon replaced with one followed by a thud from the girl from the front. He could tell that he wasn't going to like her. "Ugh Bitch is the only word I can think of...Thank you for getting the book for Cameron...Ugh..." "Crystal!" She said bright and cheerfully. "Oh god, what a tacky name...Ahh yes, thank you Crystal." Cameron read from the book, obviously a wreck from nerves, at least he wasn't the only newbie in school. He decided to stop him early as he clearly wasn't feeling confident. "Uhh Thank you Cameron for reading, now if you weren't paying attention.." He looked over to the side of the room. "You looking out the window, yes, you. The lesson is in here not out there, you shall see I have put some notes that you will need on the board. Please copy them down, you will need them, you will fail without them. That is a fact people." He reached up and started rubbing his ring again before smacking his hand to stop him self.

"Mr. Travellion you keep rubbing your hand, you don't have a rash or something?" Alec didn't realise that it was that noticeable, he now knew that he had to stop. "Urm.. No. I don't have a rash, it's my wedding ring." Suddenly from the other end of the room. "Oh my god! You're married! You're like twenty-two? You look like you just left collage." Alec was a little insulted by the sudden outburst, did he honestly look that young? He'd speak to Julia when he'd get home. "Yes I'm married, and I'm twenty-six actually!" He sounded quite aggressive at the last bit and he coughed to cover up for it. "Wow someone was eager..." said another student. "Oi, it's perfectly normal for someone my age to get married. Now this is a geography lesson, not a Life Studies one." He made sure to put emphasis on the geography. He looked at his watch twenty minuets to go. "Well this has gone swimmingly...Right can someone tell me, how many hospitals were destroyed in the Haiti earthquake? You there." He pointed to a boy with long blonde hair. "Hehe, he looks like a surfer dude, No Alec you're a teacher not a child." "Uhh eleven?" "No it was eight, good try though.""We're not seven!" Things would escalate out of control soon if something didn't happen. "Okay if you have a question or something to say put your hand up." About eighty percent of the classes hands shot up. "Oh god...Urm yes... Crystal." "Why are you wearing suit pants a shirt and a tie?" Alec was a little taken aback by the girls question about his appearance. "Well I think that if you are dressed appropriately it can put you in the right mind set. Okay you know what, if it's a question about me, put your hand down." Everyone's hand slowly went down, and the class went back to it's dead, quiet self.

"Ohh for fucks sake...Okay continue reading the textbook while I get some sheet's that you might need..." He rubbed his hands over his face and under his glasses and looked for the sheets in his bag. He found them in a pocket and pulled them out, they were slightly bent but still usable. "Okay, uhh Crystal could you hand these out please?" "Sure thing Mr. Travellion!" In her usual cheerful tone. "That girl is going to be the bane of my life, I can just tell."

madlittlealice
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-11-2012, 01:13 AM

Cameron was nonetheless relieved when his teacher put him out of his misery and stopped him early, gratefully he turned his attention instead to the board copying down the notes written in an elegant hand. English equals elegant. Elegant assent, elegant attire, elegant handwriting, even the glasses lend an air of elegance he thought chewing on his pen cap, a horrible habit he couldn’t seem to break , it left his pen caps all gross and chewed looking. When he looked down at his notes he was surprised to find that he had written Mr. Travellion is elegant In neat little cursive on the side of his notes along with a little doodle of a chibi teacher at the front board pointing at a map with a pointer. It even had Mr. Travellion’s glasses. Turning the page he read ahead and jotted down notes he thought would be key on the test. Half of him was listening to the teacher, not what he was saying exactly but more of his voice, his accent. Every so often he would glance up and nod a little, something that always seemed to work. Made a teacher think you were sort of paying attention.

Poor man, high school students are unrelenting when it comes in the pursuit of getting out of work he smiled a little at the thought. The class was finally starting to show some interest only it wasn’t in the area that the teacher was aiming for. They were far more interested in learning about their teacher then in anything the book had to offer. Quite frankly so was Cameron he didn’t mind the class, but learning about his new English accented teacher was much more interesting, only he didn’t have the gumption like some of the class to blurt out whatever question he had. The pieces of information that were revealed were strangely unsettling for Cam, one the teacher was married, and two he was twenty-six despite the fact that he looked a mere twenty-two at most. He wasn’t sure why he felt a little falling sensation in his chest at learning the teacher was married, but decided to ignore it.

The classroom was dead again the spark of interest having gone out with the closing off of the only topic that had them talking, the new teacher. Reduced to reading their books the glass went back to the bored quite state they were previously in. It was obvious most were only flipping through the pages half heartedly trying to make it look like they were working while actually they were doing nothing but idly chit chatting. Cameron took the paper from Crystal, he never liked that name to him it seemed like a name more suited to a stripper then a high school girl kind of like Candy, or Ruby. He set it down without looking at it tucking it into the front of his text book, his paper was becoming more filled with doodles then it was with notes, but at least all the key things were there… For the most part. He spared a glance at the clock amazed to find a whole whooping twenty minutes left. He already knew today would be a long long day. Cameron raised his hand waiting for the teacher to notice him, since it was pretty much silent note taking anyway he figured he would collect the work he had to make up on now. ”Mr. Travellion”

Grumman_Goose
Dainty

Old 08-11-2012, 08:10 AM

Alec was at his desk using his laptop but only as cover, in fact he wasn't even using it, he was just moving the cursor around on the desktop, occasionally typing as though he was actually being productive, he knew he was being as bad as them by just pretending to do work but he didn't really know what to do, his lesson hadn't exactly gone to plan. That's what he needed. A lesson plan, he opened the word processor and was greeted by a blank page. He reached down into his bag brought up his notebook, he opened it and flicked through the pages. He looked at the brief notes that he made from the email that he'd received from the school explaining what his classes had already done. The though hadn't occurred to him about what happened to the old teacher, he'd thought about possible reasons, his mind wondering in to more and more dangerous territory, each idea becoming more extreme then the last, his last thought was a student and teacher relationship. He shook the idea from his head, there was no way that it could have been that, not in a million years. Alec knew that something like that could land you in prison, and who would risk everything they had, just to get a bit of action?

He shivered in his chair at the thought of him in prison. "Alec your not going to go to prison. Stop being such a drama queen." He looked at his notes and started to write up a plan on how his next lesson would go. He looked at the clock on his laptop and it indicated that there was only ten minuets left, had he really spent ten minuets doing nothing? He continued with writing up the plan, hopefully if all went well during the next ten minuets his first lesson wouldn't have been a complete disaster. The room was still very quiet, it pleased him that they were actually working, well he hoped they were working. He continued to write up his plan until someone broke the silence,it made him jump a little. He peaked over the top of his laptop and saw Cameron with his hand in the air. As though it were instinctive all the other class members turned to look at Cameron. "Guys, Cameron isn't holding all your textbooks up, they're in front of you, look at them not Cameron." He turned his attention to Cameron who still had his hand in the air. "Yes Cameron, what is it?"

madlittlealice
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-12-2012, 06:43 PM

Considering how many times you’ve called me Cameron in that one sentence I’m pretty sure you’ve got my name down was his first thought, his next was how very exotic his name sounded coming out of his teachers mouth, he shook his head get a grip Cam. Thinking it would probably be easiest to just approach the teacher and discuss things, versus say shouting them across the room and causing even more of a disturbance, Cam got to his feet and walked the short distance that separated his desk from the teachers. Unsure how to proceed he cleared his throat it was starting to become a nasty habit of his it seemed. ”….So… yeah, like I said earlier I am new here” great way to start Cam way to go his internal voice congratulated him sarcasm dripping from its nonexistent tone. ”I… urm… missed about a week or something of school shortly after we moved here, I came down with the flu. So I’ve just been collecting missed work from my teachers and asking if there is anything extra I can do to play catch up” first period teacher dummy, you haven’t collected any other work yet the pesky voice reminded him.

Throughout the entire exchange Cameron hadn’t even once looked at the teacher, just studied the thing on his desks, sticky notes those shades of neon colors only sticky notes could be, black stapler, a rather well used looking notebook, a laptop, and some black and blue pens littered the top of the desk. Most neat looking litter he had ever seen. Peeling his eyes off the desk where he had been trying to read one of the notes from his upside down position he looked up at his teacher surprised to find how young …and cute… the teacher looked up close. His face turned a light red and his eyes as though drawn by a magnet fell onto the notes again. ”So… is there anything I can do to help myself catch up?” the silence that answered his words felt like it lasted forever, although in truth it only lasted a second or two.

Grumman_Goose
Dainty

Old 08-13-2012, 03:20 PM

Alec tensed slightly as the student approached him. "Oh god, oh god, okay Alec calm down, he's just going to ask a question." Cameron reached the desk and Alec started to pick at the grain in the table but stopped almost immediately. He listened to what position he was in and understood everything, when Alec was at that age he had always gotten to a point where he need to play catch up and he hated it. So not to disturb the lesson he spoke in a whisper. "Okay, how far are you work wise so I know what I need to get you, I'll try and get work sheets that you can use and I'll make a small notes pack, that's what my teacher did whenever we got to the end of a topic, they're really good. If you come back here at the end of the day I can give it to you then, how about that." Alec then remembered that it took his teacher about six hours to make those pack. "Bollocks there go my breaks." He thought about any other things that he could do to help the kid, he looked up at him and saw him up close, he looked a bit different when he was at his desk. "Well what he lacks in confidence, he makes up for in the looks department... Alec what the fuck are you thinking!" He did admit that he was handsome boy, and he felt him self go red a tiny bit, he just hoped that the boy didn't notice it. "Okay so come back here at the end of the day, and I'll have your catch up work." He smiled at the boy and then turned back to his laptop. "Okay brain, what the hell do I put into this to make what looks like a notes pack?" He rubbed his face he looked at the clock on the machine and it showed only five minuets left. "They probably didn't do very much anyway... Okay guys I think that we'll stop there for now, you can pack your books away and you can talk amongst your selves for a bit." He idly hit the keys on his laptop just producing blocks of nonsense. "Ugh the image of production... God I hate Wednesdays."

He shut his laptop and buried his head in his hands. "That had to be the worst lesson in the history of first lessons. What am I going to do?" His thought was broken by a "Mr. Travellion, are you okay?" He forgot that he wasn't alone with a small handful of students looking at him. "Urm yes I'm fine, nothing to worry about." He stood up and cleared his throat. "Uhh Guys! If I could just get your attention for a second, I uhh... That's is Alec get everyone's attention and then just stop. Great plan there!" He noted the sarcastic tone of his imaginary voice and decided to do something about it. "Uhh now, Uhh I'm not just your teacher that will teach you things related to geography, if you have any thing that you want to tell, literally anything, you can tell me weather it be help or you just need some one to tell something to get it off your chest you can come to me in confidence, now anything that you say to me is strictly between you and me, no one else will know what has been said. Now this bit goes out to the guys, if you have something that your not sure about, changes that are happening, you can talk to me about it, I went though it too! If you want to find me I'll be here or in the staff room, where ever that is..." His voice trailed off as he genuinely had no idea where it was, he'd have to ask around to find it. The bell to mark the end of the first period went off and everyone in the room exploded in to sound. "Okay guys have good rest of the day!"

madlittlealice
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-15-2012, 05:37 PM

The room exploded into action at the sound of the bell, students tossing everything into their backpacks and bolting out the door, or just grabbing their stuff and bolting out the door all in a hurry to get through the day as quick as possible. Cameron shared that opinion, it was only just after first period and already he couldn’t wait for the end of the day, and not just because he would get to see his English accented teacher again. Still he couldn’t help but look back for a last glance at the teacher before scurrying out the door into the crush of the student body making their way towards second period. He felt a hand on his elbow and looked back to find Crystal the helpful girl from his first period class, he had completely forgotten about her. She linked her arm through his and snatched his schedule out of his hand. “Since you’re new here I thought I would go ahead and take the liberty of showing you around, and giving you the inside of do’s and don’ts at this school” as talkative and relatively annoying as Crystal was, she was helpful. She got him to his locker to drop off his new and only textbook, and then whisked him away to his next class, math with a pretty blond teacher. Turns out they had second period together too. Which would have been okay if she didn’t feel the need to whisper to him the entire period, giving him the down low on the school, something he wasn’t particularly interested in, but c’est la vie.

Cameron wasn’t sure how she managed to do it, but Crystal had somehow memorized his schedule and met him outside each one of his classes that friendly sparkling smile always in place. As happy go lucky and friendly as she seemed Cam couldn’t help but feel there was something lurking under the surface with this girl. Something vicious, an I’m friendly and nice if I like you, but cross me and you will regret it, sort of thing. It made him uncomfortable around her. After lunch at a table filled with girls very similar to Crystal all with lip glossed lips and bouncy hair in various shades he was finally free of her, for one period at least. Art. He loved art and enjoyed the kind older gentleman he had as his teacher. The man unlike many of his teachers actually cared for his students. Gym was the worst part of the day, especially dressing out, he always felt like the other boys knew what he was, and dressing out reminded him how puny he was. Soon enough gym was over, much to Cameron’s relief, gym had been his last period. He had all the makeup work from his other classes, except for first period with Mr. Travellion. He was a little excited to see his first period teacher again and practically ran from the locker room, he forgot completely about Crystal, though she had pretty much super glued herself to his side all day long. Maybe she just knew what he was, all girls needed a gay friend. But he wasn’t exactly the type of gay friend he knew she was looking for. Not that he knew if she knew or not. “Hey Cameron, need a ride home?” she asked smiling sweetly, always sweetly. “Erm… no I don’t live far from here and I have some extra work to pick up and then head down to the office to turn in some paperwork” he lied about the last half, but he was tired of her. For once she actually took him at his word and left with a singsonged goodbye. He made a quick getaway and before he knew it was at the door to Mr. Travellion’s classroom. He debated knocking but decided against it and just pushed the door open hovering just inside. ”Mr. Travellion?”

Grumman_Goose
Dainty

Old 08-16-2012, 09:11 PM

Alec continued the day just as well as his first period. It was awful, each lesson was as bad as the last one, and there seemed to be copy's of the same student's in his class. There were a few like Cameron, two more Crystals, He thought that one was bad enough but, three, he would probably rip his hair out if all three were in the same class. He spent most of his time typing away on his laptop, preparing the document for Cameron. He stopped to explain something to the class every now and then, but his lessons were mainly uneventful. During break he called Julia to get a bit of moral support. He had a quick conversation with her but it didn't really do him much good. At least he'd be seeing her at the end of the day and that's all that mattered. He had a free period straight after break so he used the opportunity to take a walk around the school and familiarize him self with the corridors and rooms that made up the school. He found the staff room, the canteen and lunch hall, the library. He noted down what each corridor specialised in whether it be science or IT he made sure to remember it. His free seemed to last a lot shorter then when he had lessons. Much to his disappointment, he returned to his classroom and got him self ready for another hour of silence. It passed by rather painlessly which made him feel a bit better about himself, and it was on to lunch. He got out what he made that morning and just stayed in his room. Eating and writing, and calling Julia again halfway though. This conversation was a bit more successful on the moral front and she told him to make the last push before the day ended.

His last lesson could have gone better, like his first period with Cameron's class his student's were more interested in him then the actual lesson, they didn't get that much done that lesson, but Alec made sure not make a huge fuss over it. He finished the work for Cameron and gave a quick sigh of relief, he sent to the main office to be printed and it arrived a few minuets later. He made sure that everything was there. The bell for the end of the day finally rang, and Alec felt as though a burden had been lifted from him. He did it, he actually did it. He managed to teach for a whole day, well he didn't see it as teaching but he played the role of a teacher for the day, and was quite proud of himself. Just as he was packing away, Cameron appeared in the doorway, lingering between entering the room and just standing the in corridor. "Oh hey there, Cameron, come in. I have your work for you." He picked it up from his desk, and handed it over to him. "Now all the notes for this topic are in here along with some notes from the other topics as well, all you need to do is read it over and consolidate everything in here. I've also included some stuff that we haven't gone over in lessons but I thought I might as well put them in anyway." He turned off his laptop and put it away in his bag. "So how was your first day? If I'm honest mine could have gone better, but I guess you don't have to teach about one hundred and fifty students, eh?" He picked up his blazer and put it on, he put his mobile away in the inside pocket and pulled out his car key's. "I know that Josh kid isn't coming here so we might as well just go home!"