Esmme
See you later, Cole. "How do you...

Old 02-24-2011, 06:21 AM

When powers manifest, it isn't pleasant. Even the most powerful of my students were struggling with their abilities when I found them. None deny that my hand is harsh - not one will stand up against me. I am their founder and protector; their father and instructor. No one can help them . . . only I am their master.

The Elite. I chose them from the rest of the world. They are my children; my life-long work. When they are ready, I leave my mark. They will never betray me - they will never get the chance.

Crimson Academy - The Aftermath and Future (The story that inspired this one)

- The Characters -

Xavier
The Founder

Dante; Pic 2
The Unnatural

Jill
Weapons Affiliation

Tyrod
Gravitational Force

Leon
The Carrier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kionaredhawk
My Puppeteer: kionaredhawk
I want to be called: Kyreian (Ky-Ray-In) Slomian
I Am This Old: 22
Did you look at me?: female
Classification:
Ability: Deathling
What do I see when I look in the mirror: Kyreian Except with blue eyes.
What happened in my life: Grew up in a military life wrought with discipline. So Ky usually looks cold and unemotional. She doesn't usually let her emotions show. Her father and mother were both military and often left her home alone. She didn't really think of herself as having a family. She joined the marines when she was 16, a letter signed by both parents saying that she was allowed to do so, with excellent recommendations from their superiors. They allowed her in.
She quit when she was 20, having no reason to stay. She had enough money, and had enough dealing with other people and having to constantly save their asses. Since then, she has worked as free lance security, picking what jobs she wanted when they came her way.
She has no idea that both her parents were mutants, both having such powers that they can hide them in society. Thus, she inherited a mutation, that has yet to manifest. Her parents have been out of her life since they signed the letter for her, so they haven't told and won't be there for her when it does appear.
I think of myself as: She's actually usually very nice...except when she's messed with. Since she was a marine, she is considered a deadly weapon if she ever got in a fight, so she has to resist the urge to beat up jerks. But she always wears the emotionless face, having not had a lot of opportunities for real social contact.
Posting Color: Navy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seer Of the Future
My Puppeteer: Seer Of the Future
I want to be called: Kaden Cross
I Am This Old: 18
Did you look at me?: male
Classification: Senior
Ability: Flame Manipulation
What do I see when I look in the mirror: Kaden
What happened in my life: He was an orphan his whole life and devoted himself to studies and getting a better life. He's not very big on being social but when he meets and makes friends he shows his true colors.
I think of myself as: quiet, mysterious, and thoughtful, can be random and funny at some points
I can’t stand: talk - a - tive people who won't listen to what you have to say
My favorite things in the world: instramental music (he plays the flute) and then smell of new books
Posting Color: Orange
Quote:
My Puppeteer: SapphireRose-
I want to be called: Liliane.
I Am This Old: 17.
Did you look at me?: Female.
Classification: Not Even One Day.
Ability:
What do I see when I look in the mirror: Liliane.
What happened in my life: I grew up alone, caring for my mother. She became mentally sick when father left, when I was only eight years old. When I was ten, she was bedridden, and my aunt sometimes stopped by, to say hello, and drop off some food. Mother died, when I was thirteen, and I've been on the road since. I never went to school, but that means nothing. Sometimes I find myself in the middle of a nightmare, and wake up in a cold sweat. Other times, I just freeze where I am, daydreaming of something atrocious. It's a terrible illness, but it never lasts long, usually.
I think of myself as: I am pretty happy with my life, and I enjoy laughing and dressing up. But I am serious when I have to be.
Posting Color: Dark Orchid.

- The Template -

- A quick note: You will not start out with powers. Let me know what you want for your character to have, and I will discuss it with you. So no powers at first!

- PM me with Profiles!

- It is unnecessary to fill out an entire Character Sheet if you don't feel like it - take a look at the first few characters to get an idea as to what I want from you.

Code:
My Puppeteer: (Username) 
I want to be called: (Character Name)
I Am This Old: (Age)
Did you look at me?: (Gender) 
Classification: (How long you've been with the Elites. Keep in mind that the group is just starting out with the beginning of this RP.)
Ability: (Power)
What do I see when I look in the mirror: (picture or really good description of human)
What happened in my life: (Biography; doesn’t have to be extremely complicated) 
I think of myself as: (Personality) 
Posting Color:
- The Story -

"Oh, God." Jill clutched at her side as blood seeped through her clothing. The woman stumbled from the apartment building, grasping at anything that would help support her. That had definitely been her worst decision ever. She was never helping anyone that looked sick again.
From somewhere in the building someone screamed. Jill shuddered and limped faster, praying that her twisted ankle wouldn't slow her any more than it did already. The screaming stopped suddenly. I'm sorry. Trying to keep her breathing under control, Jill finally got to the street. A few cars were still driving at such a late hour - it was nearly three in the morning. The blonde woman had been on her way home from work at the factory when she saw a sick kid. The boy needed to get to his apartment, but couldn't focus very well. Jill offered to help - and had been attacked when she got to the right door. Flesh-eating monsters. Someone must have slipped something into my water.

Half thinking she was hallucinating, Jill stumbled on. She didn't want any of those things getting her again. As the pain in her side began to radiate outward, she whimpered. "Someone help me." The dark streets showed little to no signs of life. No one would hear her. No one would find her in time.
Tempted to just lay down and die, Jill paused by a brick building. The place was deserted - no signs to light the damp roads, no streetlights to illuminate the darkness - nothing. This was the worst part of town; the very slums of the city. Shivering, the woman finally leaned against the wall. A few seconds later she had collapsed on the sidewalk. The blood-loss was far too much for her to handle.

Last edited by Esmme; 11-19-2011 at 03:45 AM..

Marsyas
Words are meaningless unless you...
Send a message via MSN to Marsyas

Old 02-24-2011, 08:17 AM

"Theif! Someone catch him please!" The culprit darted across the bustling street weaving through traffic and almost being hit on multiple occasions towards the slums that he was so familiar with. Sirens sounded off in the distance as police were already giving chase and a few weren't far behind. Leaping a fence with minimal effort the golden eyed rogue ran through the streets knocking over trash cans and avoiding other various obstacles along the way.

Tyrod heard the chatter of some men behind him as he kept his brisk pace but it seemed like he was losing them based on the volume of the chatter. A smirk flashed across the teen's face as he leaned around another corner and noticed a trail of blood. Whose ever it was, they had lost quite a bit of the red liquid and would probably be on the edge of consciousness no matter how resilient they were. Normally the boy would have never tried to help someone, especially under his current circumstances, but today was different. He knew no one would bother to help a lost soul in the slums since it was everyone for themselves but this just seemed excessive. If they were dead when he got there, then they were dead. But if he could help somehow then Ty planned on trying.

Ty followed the trail of blood with a bit of pity on his face, and feeling that he may get there too late walking, he increased his tempo jumping up to a light sprint again. Weaving around two more corners the male found a girl lying on the sidewalk and raced to her side checking for a pulse first thing. "Good, she's still alive but she won't be for long if I can't slow down the bleeding." Taking off his shirt, Tyrod ripped it in half quickly before stretching it around the girl's wound and tying it tightly but not cutting her breaths short. Then he picked her up and carried her out towards the street to try and catch a cab or get some help.

Last edited by Marsyas; 02-28-2011 at 02:12 AM..

Esmme

Old 02-24-2011, 03:48 PM

The feeling of someone's hand pressed against her throat. Her consciousness was just below the brink of waking, and she tried to muster the strength to push whoever it was away. Don't touch me. Her hands never moved. Jill groaned quietly as something constricted about her middle. It pressed against her wound, making the burning pain feel worse than ever. It was then that she began to panic. What if it's one of them?

Just as her saviour stepped out onto the street, Jill squirmed as best she could. "No!" her energy built up for one movement, which burst out with one motion of her arm. The hand nearest to the man's face pushed up and turned his face away from her. The strength in her arm soon died, leaving her breathing heavily as the woman slowly gained a handle on what was happening. Everything was so blurry, it was hard to focus on any one thing.
"Are you sick?" Jill asked breathlessly, finding it impossible to do anything other than let her head fall against the man's shoulder. If he was sick, then he was infected. If that was the case, then she had to get away . . . somehow. Struggling to lift her head again, Jill grimaced. "I think there's a pay phone about a block from here," she suggested. If this guy was holding her and not trying to eat her, then he wasn't dead yet. She would have to use him as best she could for the time being. "Can you start walking?"

Jill's brown eyes cut back to the apartment building. The silence was broken by the sound of gunfire. With a shudder, the young woman forced herself to stop panicking. She felt it rising within her. Just get me away from that place. "Please, just go."

Marsyas
Words are meaningless unless you...
Send a message via MSN to Marsyas

Old 02-28-2011, 02:11 AM

Ty was impressed that the woman was able to still move, although not much, it was more than he expected of her in this current state. It was slightly annoying to have his face pushed by someone who had no real idea what was going on but still she seemed to have some recollection of what had happened as she began giving out orders. Scoffing smugly the male was at a loss of what to actually do with her, considering his reputation, so he listened to her grudgingly. Thinking quickly Tyrod remembered that he had a "friend" that was a skilled doctor and he owed him a few favors.

Looking to the girl not knowing if she could actually understand him, "Look I know a guy who can take care of you so hang in there until I can get you there." The street rat carried the girl through the back streets of the slums until they were just around the corner from the pay phone she mentioned and set her down behind a dumpster as he went to make the call. With blood stains now on his clothes it was impossible for him to avoid the stares of the civilians passing. Quickly placing his money in the slot for the pay phone Ty dialed up his contact. "Look I need a favor, see I found this girl..." He paused for a moment as he was interrupted, "What! No, I just-" More yelling on the other side of the receiver caused the teen to get angry, "Look YOU owe me! We can discuss this job later, I'll be there in five."

Slamming the receiver back against the phone he stormed out of the booth and dashed back into the alley. Picking the girl up, not too rough but not too gently, the male announced, "Hang in there for a few more minutes, we'll be at my friend's in a flash." Then hurrying as fast as he could, Ty carried the girl to an old run down store and kicked the door open for dramatic effect, "Euless!" Responding to the call came a gruff shady looking middle aged man who waved for them to come when he saw Jill, "Hurry up and bring her to the back. Set her on my table and I'll take a look at her."

Doing as commanded Tyrod placed the bleeding woman on the table and stepped back, "Do you think you can help her Euless?" The gruffy looking man walked over to her and examined her briefly, "I'll have her patched up in no time. Now, get out." Wanting to protest, but knowing it better not to in this situation, Ty left the room and closed the door behind him. In about 25 minutes Euless emerged from the back drying off his freshly rinsed hands, "She'll be fine now boy, she had a knife wound and a few scratches but nothing too bad for me to handle," he said confidently.

Letting out a deep breath the boy replied, "Good to hear." Euless came and sat down in a recliner across from the chair that Ty had been sitting in and then asked, "So how do you know the girl? And what happened?" Looking at the older male with an honest face (something very rare in the slums) he answered, "I don't know her and I have no idea what happened. All I know is that I found her on the sidewalk bleeding to death. I just did my best to slow the bleeding and brought her here to you." Looking at the young boy as if he were a fool Euless simply shook his head as he got up and headed upstairs, "Kids these days. She'll need some rest for a while. As soon as she wakes up... Get out."

Ty smirked at the old man's words then laid down on the couch trying to catch a bit of shut eye too while the girl rested.

Esmme

Old 02-28-2011, 06:08 AM

As she was set behind the dumpster, Jill tried to follow what happened. From there on everything was a blur. Blips of vision and hearing faded in and out as things happened around her. Ty's words as he mentioned a friend. Someone else's voice. A new setting. Someone's table. Stinging of someone messing with her wound. Jill's cry as it was stitched. Darkness.
Things slowly faded into unconsciousness. The blonde heard voices as she drifted off, both kind and gruff. The older man's tone reminded her of her father . . . and her scrambled thoughts pieced together that she was at home for a while. Sleep.

When Jill's eyes fluttered open, she couldn't focus on anything. It wasn't the best situation to find yourself in a place you'd been sleeping - and finding that it wasn't the home you believed it to be. The blonde slowly sat up - with a twinge of pain - and looked around her. As of yet, her jeans were half-coated in a stiff layer of dry blood and her ripped (but still whole) t-shirt sported a lovely amount of dark staining as well. With a frown, Jill examined her new stitches and patched wounds. If I'm not home . . . then where am I?
Slipping out of the room shakily, Jill began to look around. She didn't call out - her previous trauma made her act more silently than she'd ever considered before. It wasn't long before she found human life again. Pausing to make sure that they acted normal (apparently the disease-ridden freaks she'd met were still on her mind), Jill slowly cleared her throat. "Excuse me?" Her gaze lingered on the older man. This must have been the one that helped her - the stranger's friend. "Were you the one who did this?" Pointing to her side, the woman frowned a bit. This has got to be the strangest thing that has ever happened to me.

kionaredhawk
Purple magic swirls and undulate...

Old 03-01-2011, 07:45 PM

(I am really really really about that intro posts length...they won't be nearly as long normally...)

Kyreian sat at the bar of a dim, old tavern in the slums; you know the kind: shady place with shady characters but it's patrons are all old timers who like it because it reminds them of home, and who have been there for as long as most of the bartenders can remember. Ky sat there and pounded down shot after shot, trying to numb everything. Even some of the old farts were looking at her with respect.
And others that weren’t so old were watching her with predator eyes, waiting as they do. They would have to wait for a very long time. For some reason, today, the drinks were not doing their jobs. She was starting to get very angry. Now, as she took shot after shot, she was slamming the glasses back down on the counter, her normally jeweled blue eyes narrowing with hatred. She was not getting drunk; she was not being affected by the depressant at all.

“Hey, hun. Maybe you should quit?” Kyreian just glares at the bartender. He puts up his hands. “I’m just saying. That’s a whole lot you’ve already had. I can’t really give you any more, ya know?”
Ky sighs, the only other hint of emotion since her face is a blank, but then just nods. “Fine. Not like it’s doing much anyway.” She grabs her leather jacket off of the back of her chair and pays the guys, giving him a good tip. “Thanks though.
“Anytime, sweets. Come back again sometime. It’s nice seein’ a new face, especially one like yours.”

She barely manages to smile at him before she’s out the door. She likely would visit again if she ever got the chance. The guy had been nice enough.
Kyreian growls as soon as one of the ‘shady’ characters exits the building, following her down the alleyway. As soon as they were out of earshot of the rough establishment, the darkness giving her some comfort so she wouldn’t have to actually see much of the idiot following her, she turned to confront him, her hand already holding a knife. But no one was there. She frowned and turned again, looking for the man she knew was there. That’s when he grabbed her from behind, a solid grip as he pushed her up against the brick wall. She growled, “Get off me, pervert.” Even though she couldn’t see him. He’s invisible?

He licked the side of her neck and purred into her ear, “Your very pretty, little lady.”

Ky growled again, this time it was a real one instead of just words. He just chuckled. One thing she couldn’t stand, were men like this. She had seen too much in the marines. It was not something she wanted to experience or deal with again. She kept thinking over and over, Get away from me, get away from me, Get Away From ME,GET AWAY FROM ME!
With a burst of adreneline, she shoved him backwards, his grip loosening and letting her go. She whirled on him, seeing that he actually wasn’t there. Well, not seeing. Slowly, he flickered into view as he gripped his head, making sounds of real pain. Not noticing this, she shoved him against the opposite wall, her bared hands touching his chest, the other holding his neck. He screamed with real pain before she turned into a muted sound and then nothing as his throat decayed under her hand.
Her eyes grew wider as she released him, the rest of his body starting to crumble away. All she could do was keep taking faltering steps backwards as her gaze went from the crumbling dust that was human, to her own hands that didn’t look like hers. All of her vines were showing black under her skin. “How could I…?” She whispered before turning and running blindly away from the bar and away from the man that could make himself invisible that she had somehow just killed by doing nothing more then touching him. What the hell was he? What am I?

She kept running.

Last edited by kionaredhawk; 03-01-2011 at 07:49 PM..

Esmme

Old 03-02-2011, 12:15 AM

Dante lifted his head and set his drink down. As the girl ran by, he couldn't help but shake his head in amazement. There was no telling how Xavier did it - the old man just knew. He just knew that this girl would be . . . unique.
The tall male stood, his long red coat drawing a few glances from the people he passed. Frankly, he wasn't as interesting as the girl who'd just darted through the street - luckily Dante didn't draw much attention to himself as he left the tavern. His silver eyes cut through the area in a scan. He had to find her. It was through scent that he caught her trail, and his long strides carried him after the blossoming mutant. Welcome to the club, babe.

The darkness hid his transformation. Slender horns shimmered into sight, framing his features with malice. Dante hissed through clenched fangs as wings snapped free from his back. It was the best way to track this girl - by air. With a snap from his leathery wings, the male launched himself into the darkened sky. It would be nearing dawn in a few hours. He needed to get Kyreian back into his sights and calmed down.
Even Dante had to admit that what he'd seen her do was . . . incredible. Xavier will definitely put that to use. If he could put an unruly shapeshifter into his plans, then a girl with death powers was a welcome challenge.

Dante landed not far from Kyreian with a small huff of breath. She had just stepped into a dark street with no civilian in sight. "Are you feeling alright, babe?" As he spoke, the white-haired male forced his form to resemble a human once again. It sucked being unnatural - literally. Looking properly concerned, Dante shoved his hands into his pockets as he approached her. Oh, she definitely smelled of alcohol even if she wasn't showing signs of being intoxicated. Stepping closer, Dante began to scan over her with an interested expression. "Is something wrong?"

kionaredhawk

Old 03-02-2011, 07:10 PM

Kyreian instantly jumped away from the strange man, her forgotten knife suddenly up and between them. Her body and everything looked like it was back to normal. Save that she was still very much sober even after the amount she drank. She was still freaked out, especially with the brief glimpse of this mans other form, but her mind had already switched to coping mode, and she was on fight alert. Without thinking, she said harshly, her voice still a bit raspy from the shock and flight, "Don't call me babe." She does hate being called that but normally she was much nicer about asking not to be called it.
She took a deep breath and started to say, "I'm perfectly fine. Just don't come nea-" Then without any warning, she dropped to the ground, unconscious. The amount of energy she had used for the power and then the run was too much for her body to handle right then and so she passed out. Luckily, she didn't fall on her knife.

Esmme

Old 03-02-2011, 07:35 PM

Dante moved forward the instant her eyes rolled back. He didn't catch her in time, but did move to lift her into his arms. "That's what we all say." Everything will be fine. What a retarded waste of breath. Nothing was ever fine. The male was sure to get the knife tucked away somewhere on his form before turning his attention to the task at hand. "Just hold on, little lady."
With a smirk, he launched himself into the air - his wings snapped back into place moments before he did so. The dwindling darkness offered little cover as Dante headed toward a safer place to wait. The parking garage was both huge and dark - perfect. Landing and forcing himself to appear normally once again, Dante headed non-chalantly toward one of the nicest cars there. Xavier would be most displeased - he wasn't supposed to be driving the modified vehicle around the city.

Setting Kyreian on her feet, Dante used his free hand to unlock the car . . . and then he promptly stuck the girl in the passenger's side. The belt clicked right around the time he went searching for any other weapons that she might decide to pull - it would be unfortunate if the stranger whipped out a gun while they were driving down the road.
Warm hand trailing over her form, Dante conducted a rather thorough search for weapons. Can't say she isn't easy on the eyes.

kionaredhawk

Old 03-02-2011, 07:51 PM

Kyreian was unaware of the search being performed. If she had, she would have stopped the man from taking the other three knives she kept hidden. And her boot knife. As it was, she was lost in a world that none of her dreams had showed her before. It was darkness but there was also light but she couldn't see it. All she saw was decay and rot. She usually had dreams that involved death but this was different. Instead, she saw humans starting to crumple and turn to dust. Others seemed to be dying layer by layer, first the skin comes off then the rest, a gruesome sight even for her war veteran eyes. Then she closed her eyes to be rid of the sight but instead was greater by eyes blacker then night, no white or red veins, just black death. This, somehow, shocked her back to consciousness; she woke to hands groping, still searching for the rest of the weapons that weren't there. He'd found them all.
Her hand flew up and hit the man in the face, instinctively. She couldn't move really because she was already strapped into the car but that didn't stop her from shoving the man away from her after she hit him. She tired to get unbuckled but for some reason her hands were shaking so bad, all she could do was fumble with the buckle, her breath uneven and catching every now and then as she tried to keep her composure, tears threatening. Today was not being a very good day.
Frustrated, she gave up with a loud cry and turned to look at the man again. Her voice suddenly found it's normal emotionless facade. Her voice shook terrible for all she was trying to keep it calm. "Wha-what the he-hel-hell are ya-you doing wi-with mah-me?" She was shaking so bad now, she couldn't control it. She still didnt have any energy, her body having been drained, but somehow she had managed to speak anyway. The only reason she got off hitting him was because of the adrenaline when she woke. That had left her almost as quick as it had come.

Esmme

Old 03-02-2011, 08:17 PM

Dante cut off the curse that slid from his lips. He would have gotten angry - but he deserved that one. Pressing a knuckle to his lip, the male shook his head. I just got hit by a girl. His silver gaze narrowed as she spoke, and he warily tucked the last blade he'd found into his belt. His expression changed as she stuttered out her question. She was shaking badly, almost unable to control herself as the intensity hightened.
"Shh," he crooned, reaching over her to check the seatbelt. A small web of black energy flit over the mechanism. It wouldn't be coming undone unless Dante wanted it to. "I'm going to help you, Kyreian." He closed her door before slipping around to the driver's seat. As he started the car, he cast a sympathetic glance her way. "Keep your hands to yourself while we drive, alright? I'd hate for anything to happen before I can get you back." Xavier would be waiting.

They pulled out of the parking lot a few moments later. Dante wasn't the most . . . defensive . . . driver ever. In fact, it was a miracle they even made it through the city without a collision. All the while he sent her glances; he kept an eye on Kyreian. He almost seemed worried for her.
"Calm down. Breathe. Focus on something specific." Dante turned his pale eyes to the road as they stopped at a light. "Preferably something that makes you feel better." He was repeating words that he'd heard too many times to count. Sometimes - only sometimes - it worked.

kionaredhawk

Old 03-02-2011, 09:17 PM

Kyreian knew she couldn't do anything about it, so she sat in her seat, eyes focused forward, her usually emotionless farce now a complete and utter glare. Her sapphire jeweled eyes gleamed brightly with anger. How the hell does he know my name? She started to breath a little bit better as the drive continued. She wanted to ask the question aloud but wasn't sure if she would be able to. The shaken was only slightly starting to subside. She could feel herself starting to drift as her consciousness wanted to leave her in the dark again.
When he continued to talk...and drove erratically, her eyes stayed open, gleaming clear and bright. She turned them on him, really not wanting to die. When he talked about concentrating on something, she managed to snort and say sarcastically, even if shaky, "You to-took my weah-weapons. Ha-hard to conca-concetrate on ha-happy things." Which was true. Her only real happy things at that point in her life were her weapons and training. If you could really call that happy. She looked away as her breathing sped up again as she thought of that but she was trying to breath better...trying. "Where are-are you ta-taking me?" She glared at him again, jewels reflecting.

Esmme

Old 03-02-2011, 09:29 PM

With a small chuckle, Dante narrowly avoided collision with another vehicle. "Where am I taking you? We're going to see someone who can help you." He met her glare with a steady gaze as they halted at yet another light. "There is nothing better than learning to control that which threatens to overtake you." A hint of a smile tugged at his mouth as he turned back to the road. "Has this ever happened to you before? What happened back there . . . that guy. Do you remember ever doing that before?"
Dante had to keep her focused on something. Perhaps she would stay awake longer if she had someone to talk with . . . someone who pissed her off. "I've never seen anything like that, babe." As they rounded a corner, a rather nondescript building came into view. It was an apartment building that looked a bit worse for wear, and was in desperate need of repair. This was home. This is where Xavier would be waiting.

kionaredhawk

Old 03-02-2011, 09:44 PM

If she had had the energy, Kyreian would have hit it, hard. As it was, all she managed was a light love tap of a slap on one of his arms. "Don't...call...me...babe." Now her breathing was becoming shallow again; she was having a hard time catching her breath. Something was wrong with her. She knew it but she didn't want to accept it. Nor did she want to recall what just happened to the man that had jumped her. "I....do-don't...need...he-help." She paused to try to catch her breath again. "I'm...ah-a....normal...purr-person...I-" Her eyes rolled back and she was out again regardless of the mans attempts otherwise, the effort was too much for her body after that episode.

Again, it was light but so dark, even with her eyes open Ky couldn't see anything. Except the crumbling and taking of life. Horrified, she turned from the sights, trying to find a weapon, anything that could help her protect herself. But none of her weapons where were they should be. She began to spin in circles, every now and then taking steps in different directions thinking she found a path. But again, she could see nothing but ugly people destroying other ugly people. And again, those death filled eyes showed up everywhere, eyes she never wanted to see.
Suddenly, there was a light, a brightness that was unnatural in this place. It was light but it wasn't. She stumbled towards it, realizing it was taking shape, the form of a man with horns and wings. "Help me" barely tumbled from her mouth before the endless bliss of nothingness finally took over, the place that she had before the dreams would take her when she fell asleep.

Esmme

Old 03-02-2011, 10:12 PM

"You're not as normal as you think." Dante frowned as Kyreian slumped against her seat. "Come on, now. Don't get too lost in there." Parking, the youth went to pull her from the car. He easily lifted her into his arms again. As his footsteps betrayed his presense, Dante shuddered. Xavier was already there. The air was frigid and felt as thought it was crawling through him with every breath. Without another thought about the matter, Dante carried Kyreian down a few sets of stairs.
As they entered the building, they took another flight of stairs . . . and another. They were a good two stories beneath the building now. It was there that the darkness took on an icy touch - even the old walls were covered in frosty crystals. Dante held Kyreian closer to him as their breath began to leave clouds of fog lingering in the air. Not the best place to wake up in. Frowning again, Dante looked down at the girl's features. She looked pained - yet at peace. Was there such a mixture?
As his pace slowed, Dante continued to stare at Kyreian. He finally stopped moving . . . and forgot all about where he was taking her. Do you really want help from someone like him? Just as he asked the question in his mind, a familiar voice shocked him back to reality. The deep tone carried a low tinge of hatred as it broke through the silence.
"Bring her, Dante." Xavier's shadow-wrapped form lingered in the doorway ahead. Glowing red eyes glared at the two from the darkness, and he turned away before beckoning them further. "She is far too powerful for you to control."
As he stepped toward the room, Dante whispered an apology to Kyreian. "I didn't want this when I first came. He'll help you in the end. I swear it."

As Dante set Kyreian down on an extremely nice couch (it didn't seem to fit their surroundings at all), Xavier waved him back. The more powerful male reached out to press a hand to the girl's cheek . . . and he tilted his head to the side to bare her throat. "Close the door," he hissed to the other man. As Dante turned to obey, Xavier sank his fangs into Kyreian's tender flesh. He wouldn't stop until her powers had been drained to a tolerable level.

kionaredhawk

Old 03-02-2011, 10:39 PM

(O.O GAH!!!!!!!!!! Sorry. Wasn't expecting that :XD)

Kyrieans body shuddered at the contact of fangs to flesh. Her dream self suddenly appeared again into the dim darkness that she'd become familiar with the last hour or so. She found herself exactly where she had before, going towards a mans' form, help ready on her lips. But instead of the horned figure, this one was different, cold. And then pain. It shot through her body, causing her to fall to her knees before she could turn and run. She called out, in the real and the dream.
In reality, as soon as Xavier bit her, her arm shot out to place a death-grip on Dante's wrist. In her darkness, her eyes closed to pray for the horned man to save her. Even though he had frightened her, this new menace seemed to be evil in this illusion. It took a moment but when it dawned on her that she was kneeling before someone else, a man no less, her head shot up to place bright blue eyes, the only color besides blood in this world, to stare at the man before her. Shakingly, slowly, painfully, she managed to get up, one knee still down. Haltingly, she stood. She would not allow someone to take over her dream, take over her. She cried out with rage as the pain worsened with her defiance, the grip on Dante tightening even still. But she did not fall to the ground again.
With every ounce of willpower she had built over the years, she pushed the man that stood in front of her, causing her hands to suddenly freeze because of the cold. But for her, it was enough. Her eyes shot open as she woke up, her sapphire's paled to glacier ice. Though her power had lessened, as was the intent, her fierceness remained. Without a sound, she shoved the vampiric man off of her, causing the what would have been puncture marks to lengthen into long wounds. She tumbled off the couch, pulling Dante with her. She was shaking, not because of exhaustion this time, but because she wept. Silently, quietly. Not really knowing what she was doing, she gripped the man she dragged to the floor with her, crying into his chest, bleeding, trying to forget, trying to wake up because she thought she was still in her dream. She never cried. Not in real life, not even when many she had known had died. She never cried.

Her power was controlled but her self was not.

(Hope that was okay >.<)

Last edited by kionaredhawk; 03-02-2011 at 10:53 PM..

Esmme

Old 03-02-2011, 10:57 PM

((Are you nuts?!?!? That was great! :lol: A perfect way to respond. *shudder*))

Dante grit his teeth in sympathy. Just as he returned from closing the door, he felt a death-grip strike at his wrist. Looking down, he found Kyreian's hand on him - she was clinging to him as though he were her only life-line. The man watched her fingers tighten - but he didn't look up toward her face. He couldn't. The way Xavier managed other people's powers was sickening.
What happened next caught everyone by surprise. The female gaze Xavier a rather vicious shove, and he silently glared at her as he recovered. Wiping the blood from his lips, the abnormally-tall male straightened. "That didn't take as long as I expected," he whispered. Looking down at the two on the floor, Xavier inclined his head. Instead of explaining further, the man was coated in wisps of dark frost that gathered until he disappeared completely. When Xavier had gone, the room felt noticably warmer.

Kyreian had fallen from the couch, yanking on Dante's arm in the process. With a muted cry of shock, he fell with her. He hardly managed to keep himself from crushing her. As soon as Xavier had left, Dante wrapped an arm around the woman and pulled her against him. Leaning back against the couch, he let his hand move over the marks that Xavier's fangs had left behind. The blood was already dripping down the side of her throat, soaking into her shirt.
"Shh," Dante pulled Kyreian into his lap with little trouble. She was clinging to him as best she could, trembling as she wept. Stroking her hair, the male sighed. "Damn him," he snarled quietly. He'd witnessed too many deaths to count - he wasn't going to stand in Xavier's way. Not many could.
"It's over," he whispered, tucking her head under his chin. Though he hardly knew this girl, he felt for her. She was just a girl - she'd been human just that evening. This wasn't right. "You're alright now. Breathe, Ky. You aren't alone here."

kionaredhawk

Old 03-02-2011, 11:15 PM

(yay! Thank you ^-^)

Soon, almost abruptly, she stopped crying. Tears still fell slowly but she was starting to get control of herself again. Kyreian sniffled, almost choking before she sputtered, "It-it's real?" How could it not be? The man she still clung to felt too real, too alive. This isn't my dream. I woke from my dream. She shuddered as her body raked with pain as she realized that the bite had been real as well. As soon as she came across that thought, the wound burned and ached, painful. But she still held unto him, her face still buried. She couldn't face looking at him for all that he was keeping her sane just then.
Slowly, as slow as she had been moving lately, she released the death grip and moved her face away, wiping at the tears. She sniffed again and looked down at her lap, her hands sitting there. Her eyes were their natural blue gems when she took a very, very brief glace at Dante's face. She was looking at her lap again. She was almost back to normal, save the pain and bodily exhaustion of the past few events. A very good sign of this was when her voice, almost back to normal as well without stutter or hesitation, spoke again. "How do you know my name?" It was the smallest thing of consequence but it was helping her to focus on something so small.

Esmme

Old 03-02-2011, 11:34 PM

"It's real," Dante repeated. Staying still as the girl readjusted, he watched her with a strange expression. She wasn't crying anymore, though the blood that coated her was now pouring down her front. Just as he reached forward to wipe a bit of the crimson liquid away from her jaw (she'd smeared it there on accident), Kyreian spoke. Dante paused before finishing his intention - he wiped some of the sticky blood from her face. She deserved answers.
"Xavier knew. He told me." There wasn't much more to say. Xavier had sensed her powers gathering, and he sent Dante out to get her before someone became aware of her strength. She was no use to anyone if she was locked away as a test subject for humans. "He told me a lot about you."
His warm hand dropped from her face and he lifted a cloth from his pocket. He had snagged it earlier that morning. Pressing the white material to Kyreian's throat, Dante frowned. "I know that you were military when you were younger. You quit two years ago. You are hired for freelancing all about the city." Xavier knew what he was up against. He also knew an unnatural amount of information about her personal life, but Dante chose to keep quiet about that. He knew where she lived, what side of the bed she slept on, which roads she preferred to take, how often she went out . . . it was disgusting, really.
"Do you feel alright? Dizzy? Thirsty? Tired?" Dante's silver gaze followed his hand as he cleaned up her wound a bit more. It would stop bleeding soon . . . but they needed to disinfect it quickly. Xavier wasn't necessarily careful. Glancing toward the opposite side of the room, he eyed the sink. "Can you stand?"

kionaredhawk

Old 03-03-2011, 03:30 AM

Kyreian was a bit shaken up at how much the guy knew about her and she still didn't even know his name. Even though she usually took care of herself, she allowed him to wipe the blood away. Not that she really had the strenght at that moment to resist in any case. "Xavier...I'm assuming that that's the man that..." She looked away from Dante, not really willing to continue. She was freaked enough as it was but she was keeping it under close wraps. She did not need to break down in front of this man. She flinched when her head spun. "Dizzy, yeah. Wiped out from too much activity. A nap, I think, would do me a world of good."
She slowly brought her hand up and took over the duty of pressing the cloth to her neck. "I...I think I can stand." She didn't admit that she would likely need his head as soon as she did. She slowly inched off of his lap so that he could stand up before she attempted to. "Since you know so much already, could I at least get your name?" That way she wouldn't have to keep calling him, he or you. It was annoying but she felt like she didn't have a lot of choices at that moment. "And where are we?" Even more softly, "What am I?" She hestiated to ask that last question, knowing that she really actually didn't want to know the answer but she had to anyway. She wasn't sure if he could answer it but she needed to ask. She flashed back briefly to when he first appeared before her and grimaced, causing her head to spin again. She growled. "And what are you?" She wasn't in the mood to be polite either.

Esmme

Old 03-03-2011, 04:36 AM

"Yeah. That was Xavier." He saw her disgust. Her fear was easily scented as well. As Kyreian stood, Dante did the same. "It's normal to be dizzy. You need water, too." As he headed for the sink, the male cast a wary glance in her direction. "Come here. I'll get you some water." There were bandages under the sink - he seemed very well-versed in what she would need for this sort of thing. Setting a fresh glass of water on the counter, Dante went about unwrapping some sort of large band-aid. It would cover the bit of gauze that he would use for the disinfectant.
Kyreian's questions made Dante flinch. "Dante," he said quietly, his gaze locked on the bottle of liquid that he shook before opening. "We're in the middle of town. Not too far from your place, actually." The male grit his teeth. Way to be creepy, Dante. Keep the stalker comments to yourself.
When Kyreian stood nearby, Dante reached for her hand. Pulling the cloth away from her neck, he dabbed at the wounds before using a second bit of gauze to press some salve to them. The large bandage went next, covering it all and making it stay in place. "You'll have to get that changed in a few hours." Wiping a bit of blood from his fingertips, Dante fingered his red coat's collar. He was avoiding her questions, and it was painfully obvious. What are you? What am I? His silver eyes cut up to her face as he considered answering. "You are different, just like me." For a moment his eyes darkened, and his features lost all hints of emotion. "Xavier found us both. We're a . . . " pausing, he frowned. "A family." It didn't sound right now that he said it. That was what he'd been told for so long, he didn't really think about it. "Xavier will help us. He's helped . . . me." It was hard to explain. He hated Xavier . . . but he wouldn't last one day without him.

Clearing his throat, the male lifted his hand to the leather strap that covered the side of his neck. Unbuckling it, he revealed a fresh scar identical to Kyreian's wound. "You aren't the only one with a few odd moments." Touching the bandage on the girl, he chuckled mirthlessly.
Leaning against the counter, Dante sighed. "Drink your water. You need it."

kionaredhawk

Old 03-03-2011, 06:05 PM

Kyreian looked disgusted. "I didn't have much of a family but I know this is NOT a family." She took a couple long gulps of water before she put her emotionless mask back in place to mirror Dante's own. Her voice was bland as she continued, hiding her emotions as well. She was still trying to piece everything together and make sense of it. "Dante." It rolled off her tongue as she said it. "You know where I live, which means so does that asshole. By all rights, I shouldn't even be talking to you but except for the kidnapping, you've been almost nice to me." That, and other reasons, she thought as her mind flashed back to the dark dream she had when she passed out. "I don't want Xavier's help, no matter what he may say about it, or what is wrong with me. I can deal with you but if he comes near me again..." She left it off there, as she continued thinking.
She jolted a little when Dante showed her his scar. Without thinking about it, even though she was still hidden emotionally, she reached a hand up and touched the scar gently. He had been touching her, so she supposed she thought she could do the same. Even though there was no emotion, she whispered softly, "How can you call this family?"

(After this post, I'll try to keep the cussing down. It's just that, as her character, it's kinda what she does. I'm keeping it minimal though. Forgive me. :) )

Esmme

Old 03-04-2011, 07:18 AM

Ignoring her stabs at Xavier and their "family," Dante smiled grimly. "I don't know." His genuine reply was followed by a small scoff. It was easy to understand once you got into it - Xavier was the reason that Dante was still alive. "He saved me. Just as he saved you." Dante slowly pushed her hand away from his scar - the skin was enfused with bits of silver and metallic crimson. "He's all I have," he hissed, his tone suddenly growing darker. Silver eyes flashing, he bore suddenly visable fangs. "You're one of us now, whether you like it or not." Sometimes fate didn't come with a choice.
With a low growl, Dante turned away. "You've changed. You can't go back to living your life, Kyreian. Xavier's trying to save you from yourself." Busying himself with getting a second glass of water, the male tried to stop his hands from trembling as his emotions spiked. "Xavier can help you. I can't. You only tolerate me because of this . . . this face." Shaking his head, Dante finished off a glass of water in record time. "You can be ungrateful," he said, "but it won't last long." Looking toward the door, the male narrowed his eyes. Perhaps she should leave then. Kyreian would quickly see what her powers would do to her - and others around her. It was a ripple effect now that her abilities were manifesting.

kionaredhawk

Old 03-04-2011, 04:20 PM

Kyreian just watched him with her blank face as he said what he needed to and got angry at her. How could he blame her for feeling the way she did. She hopped down from the sink where she had been sitting, only to put out a hand quick to steady herself against a slight way of dizziness. She had closed her eyes but then opened them, still a little woozy but feeling better then she did. She was starting to get really tired at this point. It was all she could do not to just fall asleep standing there. But she kept herself awake, needing to keep talking to him.
She put out a hand and gently touched his arm, her other one touching her neck gently. For all that she was the big tough female, she was still a woman....mostly. She didn't have the energy to turn him towards her, otherwise she would have. Or to speak louder then a soft whisper. "Dante. I'm sorry. It's just new to me, okay? Well, not the killing part. Since you apparently know my background, you know that about me already. It's just this...being different." She dropped her arm and looked away at a wall, trying to focus on it. Her vision was starting to get blurry. "I'm scared. I'm actually really scared." If only he knew how much it hurt for her to say that. She continued because she had to. "I will continue to hate him, for what he did to me; I don't like begin frightened of anybody, let alone a man like that. That won't change. But I'm not going to run away. I just...it's all...I'm not...your...." She started to sound exasberated. "Will you freaking look at me please? This is hard enough as it is."
She bit her lip, the only show of emotion other then her voice at that moment. She was still hiding, still trying not to really be there. For all she was trying to make a connection, she was hidden away as a good little solider. "Will you show me? I caught a glimpse of it before..." She hesitated, swaying slightly as she was keeping from passing out again, this time from regular exhaustion. "And in my dream. But I want to actually see it. See you, I guess. It...it might help."

Esmme

Old 03-04-2011, 07:55 PM

As he listened, Dante kept his gaze stubbornly locked on the door. Even when she tried to make him face her, he only turned his face away again. You're being very mature, Dante. His gaze slowly moved to Kyreian's face as she started to get frustrated. She asked him to look at her . . . and it wasn't hard to do. She was holding back her emotions - as she always did.
A few moments later his wings resettled against his back. Her words finally reached him. "You . . . dreamed about me?" No smile followed the question, but his eyes filled with amusement.
When Kyreian swayed, he shot a hand out to make sure she wouldn't fall. She was tired - it was so obvious. As he stared at the girl, Dante slowly shook his head. "People don't ask to see. They are easily frightened." He knew that Ky was anything but easily frightened . . . but he didn't want to freak her out any more than she was already. She'd taken in quite a bit that night. Regardless of his thoughts, Dante wanted to show her. Kyreian was strong - she could handle it. If she couldn't, then they would have to deal with it as it came.
Instead of replying with words, he relented. You asked for it. Dante changed then. Slender horns became visable, and his skin seemed to darken. Keeping his gaze locked on Kyreian, his silver eyes filled with blood-red shards. A snap of leather broke the silence as his wings appeared, and he blinked away the flash of pain that followed. "How does this help you?" Dante asked in a voice that echoed with a deeper tone. Lifting a clawed hand, he inspected it before reaching forward to brush Kyreian's hair from her face. "How does this help anyone?" He watched her reaction keenly, his form tense as Dante observed her gaze.