Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 12-20-2018, 07:42 AM

Dear meme creator,

I noticed your meme regarding how Christians aren't very Christian seeing as how they began the Crusades against the Muslims. And this is undoubtedly because of one of the Ten Commandments prohibiting the commission of murder against another. After all, one cannot profess to be a Christian all the while breaking the laws of the bible.

And that is precisely my point.

But your ignorance of history is so apparent with the assumption and assertion that Christians and Catholics are one and the same. The two are not. At the time of the Crusades, Christians were forced underground. To speak against the church at that time was an act of heresy punishable by death. The Catholic church at that time didn't even allow its parishioners to possess a bible. And it wouldn't be until the time of Martin Luther that the bible would become more available.

In furtherance, everyone knows what defines a Christian is his or her belief that Jesus Christ was God on earth in human form. In other words, Jesus was both fully God and fully human. This is in stark contrast to the early Catholic church that divided over whether or not Jesus was God or merely human. This division was so great that it caused the two sides to war with each other. What's more is the Pope who reigned during this crisis did nothing to stop it. Does this seem like the act of a "Christian"?

Next time do a little research before making such an ignorant meme. If you actually take the time to read the bible you'll easily find what the bible teaches is wholly different from the practices of the Catholic church.

Yours in faith,

Mr. Wrong

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 01-16-2019, 10:26 AM

Dear anti-vaping advertisers,

It looks as though the anti-tobacco movement has given way to the anti-vaping crusaders via YouTube ads. I see these anti-vaping ads more frequently in just the past few weeks.

My question is why is there such a virulent ad campaign against vaping when marijuana usage is practically praised?
All the while the war against Big Tobacco has ceased entirely.

Did Philip Morris emerge victorious after years of litigation?

It seems that the anti-tobacco movement left the battlefield after Republican establishment House chief John Boehner joined the Dark Side by becoming a Big Tobacco board member. Boehner has also become pro-pot recently, too.
I've got to wonder if these two occurrences are merely coincidental. Hmmmm.

Point is I am labeling your movement as hypocritical due to your shrinking against Big Tobacco and marijuana. Do us all a favor and pull those time-wasting ads on YouTube and borrow someone's big boy pants.

Awaiting your disappearance,

Mr. Wrong

Last edited by Mr. Wrong; 01-16-2019 at 10:53 AM..

Risque
bing chilling

Old 01-28-2019, 03:45 AM

^ Maybe because people have figured out that there is big $$$ in marijuana. I'm sure that the groups with a vested interest in MJ can leverage the existing stigma against cigarettes/tobacco and use that to promote marijuana as an alternative.

It's all just noise to me lol.

---------- Post added 01-27-2019 at 07:46 PM ----------

Oh yeah.. what I originally came here for:

Dear people who put up PDFs of textbooks online,

I love you.

-Risque

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 03-05-2019, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risque View Post
^ Maybe because people have figured out that there is big $$$ in marijuana. I'm sure that the groups with a vested interest in MJ can leverage the existing stigma against cigarettes/tobacco and use that to promote marijuana as an alternative.

It's all just noise to me lol.

---------- Post added 01-27-2019 at 07:46 PM ----------

Oh yeah.. what I originally came here for:

Dear people who put up PDFs of textbooks online,

I love you.

-Risque
Many moons ago, there used to be PSA commercials against the use of marijuana. In particular, there was a long running tv spot depicting two guys who were addicted to pot. I should locate this commercial.

Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 03-06-2019, 11:46 PM

I don't YouTube much...and my television viewing is somewhat limited...so I only recall one commercial in favor of a vaping device...and several commercials against vaping...and numerous commercials for a medication that will help one stop smoking.
As for the subject of marijuana...things have changed a lot since the days of "this is your brain on drugs" thinking. Nowadays one can choose to consume strains of marijuana that will mellow one out and make one sleepy, or one can choose to consume a strain that will increase motivation and focus...amongst other strains for other purposes.
I find it difficult to believe that anyone can become physically addicted to marijuana...
I used to smoke a lot of marijuana! ...I quit several times and never experienced any withdrawal affects.
This last time I quit smoking marijuana was because of a personal awareness that it was causing me to focus on my depression.
Since having stopped smoking marijuana, I experienced 2 heart attacks and had triple bypass surgery. *hhhmmm*

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 03-08-2019, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzanebraned View Post
I don't YouTube much...and my television viewing is somewhat limited...so I only recall one commercial in favor of a vaping device...and several commercials against vaping...and numerous commercials for a medication that will help one stop smoking.
As for the subject of marijuana...things have changed a lot since the days of "this is your brain on drugs" thinking. Nowadays one can choose to consume strains of marijuana that will mellow one out and make one sleepy, or one can choose to consume a strain that will increase motivation and focus...amongst other strains for other purposes.
I find it difficult to believe that anyone can become physically addicted to marijuana...
I used to smoke a lot of marijuana! ...I quit several times and never experienced any withdrawal affects.
This last time I quit smoking marijuana was because of a personal awareness that it was causing me to focus on my depression.
Since having stopped smoking marijuana, I experienced 2 heart attacks and had triple bypass surgery. *hhhmmm*
Marijuana seems to have quite the humdinger of an effect on you. Ever wonder how your life would have been if you hadn't ever smoked marijuana?

As for your finding it difficult to believe in a physical addiction to marijuana, just look around. The popularity of marijuana has exploded in past ten years. States have been legalizing the stuff. That means pot addiction is so strong people are spending money and time in great amounts pressuring their legislators.

There are pot stores most everywhere nowadays. If that isn't a big clue that lots of folks are becoming addicted to marijuana then I can't help you. My sister in law has three brothers who spend the majority of their time smoking pot, growing pot, and preparing pot for themselves. You don't have to be around any them very long to know what is on their brain.

When I had my own apartment in Tucson, I had these neighbors who grew and sold pot to supplement their welfare checks. When the harvest was ripe, the parking lot below my balcony suddenly became very busy. People I had never seen before in and out all day. If that doesn't spell out addiction, then nothing will.

I probably sound like a real hardass, but I'm just someone who can see the harmful effects of marijuana.

Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 03-09-2019, 11:08 AM

In all honesty, I think I was a much happier person when I was smoking marijuana.
As for the addiction issue...I think that many people might have an emotional dependence for marijuana, but the addiction is not a physical one.
I also believe that there were just as many folks smoking pot before the legalization of recreational marijuana...they just don't have to hide it anymore!

pinkypisces
Pink mule

Old 03-10-2019, 01:34 AM

The greedy old pigs make big bucks on prisons for profit. They want to keep it illegal

Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 03-10-2019, 10:28 PM

Pharmaceutical companies don't want to see it legalized either!
My daughter knows a woman who survived stage 4 cancer by treating it with marijuana and marijuana byproducts. She is now alive and healthy and cancer free because of marijuana.

Yamka Jaden
⊙ω⊙
Penpal

Old 03-18-2019, 03:50 PM

Dear Neighbors to my right:

I get that you have visitors coming over on a daily basis to help with your disabled children, I fully support your effort to get this help and to raise them as best as you can. I know it can't be easy for you to do this by yourself.

HOWEVER, I am at the point where I have already contacted the HOA and made them aware of the fact that at least three to seven times times a month I have to go over to your home to get your visitors to move their cars from in front of my own driveway. I have been given permission to start calling a tow truck any time during the day, regardless if I need to leave or not, if there is a car blocking my driveway. I have already told you that I am going to start having these cars removed if it continues on, because you don't know when I need to get out/into my driveway, how long I'm going to be, when I'm coming back, or any variation of this.

So far I haven't had to call a tow truck, but rest assured that next time it happens, I have no problem being late to work if it means calling a tow truck to remove someone's car.

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 03-24-2019, 03:16 AM

Dear Hachette Books,

For the love of God, books, your bookstore customers, and your own damn bottom line, please, PLEASE review your packing methods. Come visit me at work while I unpack some of your boxes and watch in horror and dismay to how many of the books emerge bent, torn, and generally banged up. PLEASE audit your warehouse fulfillment standards; make the CEO work the warehouse for a week, take a field trip to another publisher, retrain the staff, whatever you've gotta do. PLEASE, you carry such great books that I want to read and recommend to customers, it breaks my heart to see so many of them arrive damaged.

Also, your system for reporting returns by email is slow as hell (probably because you get so many emails?) and it's a pain in my damn ass.

Sincerely,
A bookseller