Fashionably Late

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Ivvy Send a message via Yahoo to Ivvy

Old 06-23-2012, 04:41 AM

My Story Will Chill Your Bones!
Username:Ivvy
My Story: The Watchers of the Woods

SPOILERX

Gather round and listen well, I have a tale to spin for you this night a tale of caution. Once long ago the woods were sacred and respected, and in so feared. The people believed the forest was alive with spirits. They called these spirits the watchers of the woods. Legend has it that the watchers would test souls who entered their hallowed space. If a person made it out they were wiser for it. If not the woods would claim their sould for eternity. Time passed and the old legends were forgotten for the most part until one night a silly group of campers told the story and decided to put it to the test. The group of three set out into the tree line laughing at the foolish superstitious kids. But their fate would change that night as the forest spirits taught them a lesson in respect. They were fine at first following the natural trails. The they started to notice that things seemed to be moving, changing. A tree grown in a place it was not a moment before, a split in the path they had not seem at first. Little things you know, nothing to worry about, right? Then The girl got fed up and turnd around to go back the way she came wanting to go back to camp and the path was not there a thicket of briars and bushes were in its place. No trail to be seen at all. She cried out and the boys turned to see what the commotion was about. Upon seeing their path erased before them they panicked and began running without a care only fear driving them. The terrain changed around them, closing in on them and trapping them in the heart of the forest. One by one they lost hope and gave in to the fight. One boy lay to rest in a cave that should not have been there, upon entering it the cave vanished along with the boy never to be seen again. The second boy fell to his knees before a great twisted tree and evaporated into its giant trunk. The girl was so frightened and out of her mind she could not stop her feet from taking her ever forward. she stumbled and fell her hands hitting hard pavement. She cried in relief as she realized she had made it to the road. She looked back at the looming woods and it seemed the trees were smiling at her wickedly. She had survived, made it! But her fear did not leave her. She bowed her head in a silent prayer for her friends who did not make it out. And the forest changed again before her eyes a trail apearing in front of her as if to say your soul is welcome should you enter once more. She curled up there in the road as the rain began to fall. And it was there that they found her soaked to the bone and mumbling about the watchers. The watchers the watchers the watchers in the wood a soul to claim and keep hungry they are forever they keep.
So think twice before you wander off campers for the watcher are always ready to play a game and they play for keeps.

---------- Post added 06-22-2012 at 11:53 PM ----------

This one time at summer camp...
My Story Caddo Lake

SPOILERX

When I was young my family always went camping every summer. A place called Caddo Lake. It was beautiful there and I spent a lot of my childhood there making memories. My best by far was the year that I turned ten years old. I had my birthday in a cabin there in Caddo Park. A group of my friends went with me and the adults let us roam fairly free. We took a trail that was marked but very long and we were gone for hours. Deep in the woods we came to a place where there were thick trees and brush all around us and very out of place a huge stone staircase that lead to nowhere. It to my ten year old self looked like it was made for giants. My friends and I climbed and climbed to the very top where there was nothing more than a small flat that went nowhere, with a small podium and two benches almost like a church meeting place. Something odd to find here in the middle of the woods at the top of an odd stair! But when we turned around to go back down we had our breath taken away, and we understood why the small chaple was there. You could see the whold of the park from up there. The lake, the shop, the camp grounds, all of it! It was so beautiful up there in the diming sunlight. Then in the distance we heard a faint call of "ECHO", that was our search code word. Our parents were looking for us because it was getting dark. So we called out to them "ECHO!". Until finally we found each other and made the treck home together talking all the while about our adventure and the giants stairs we climbed.

---------- Post added 06-23-2012 at 12:06 AM ----------

I have a Campfire Story!
My Story: The Caddo Queen

SPOILERX

I sat down with my aunt to order our weekend bonding burger. Gazing out the window at the wrecked old steam boat lodged in the river bank I sip my soda and turn to my aunt. How did the boat get there I ask her. She smiles and says Baby that is the Caddo Queen. It wrecked there long long ago when people traveled this river more. I smiled and reached for a chip, around my munching I muse why did they call it the Caddo Queen. At that she cleared her throut and said, the caddo queen was a native woman long long ago before the modern times. She was beautiful and every warrior wanted her for his bride. But the maiden did not want any of this. She lived for nature, the animals and the earth. She respected them all. She would walk bearfooted through the forest and speak to the animals who gathered around her. When she would step into the water of the river the fish and water creatures would come to greet her and kiss her feet. One day She was comuning with the animals when a stranger man came upon her. He chased her through her woods and to the river banks. He meant her harm and wanted to take her by force to be his bride. She looked at him no fear in her eyes, "I am one with the forest, the animals, the river they protect me for always as I protect them. With that the man lunged for her and she backed into the river. Before the evil willed man the maiden exploded into a thousand tiny dropplets of water and became one with the river. It is said to this day that she is there watching over her friends in nature and keeping the inoccent who are lost safe, she is the lady of the river, the Caddo Queen. I smiled at my Aunt as she finished the tale. She always had the best legends to tell me. To this day I look for the native maiden when I go to caddo, and I show my respect to nature to honor her and her purity she would not forfet for any man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance View Post
Cake is very important!

Last edited by Ivvy; 06-23-2012 at 05:06 AM..

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 06-23-2012, 08:10 AM

thanks for a great writing contest.

WherededIGo
(・・^...

Old 06-23-2012, 11:20 AM

As promised! It's more than a little bad though XD

I have a Campfire Story!
Username: WherededIGo
My Story

SPOILERX

Thomas smiled shyly at the pretty girl next to him. Despite the fact they were going camping, she wore pink and white bows, (white of all colours!) a cute puffy skirt and a white singlet (more of the colour!) with a pink fuzzy jumper with pom poms. She had applied make up as well, her eyes were framed in mascara, the lids shaded with a light pink, her cheeks dusted with the same colour pink, and pinkish-reddish full lips to fit. Thomas was wearing casual clothes, the best kind of clothes to go camping in. An old black t-shirt, striped grey shorts and worn through sneakers, the complete opposite of what the beautiful artwork next to him wore.

They arrived at the camp ground, which was more like a caravan park, and like her clothes suggested, she refused to do any of the hard/dirty work. That meant he didn’t help with the tents, or collect fire wood. Or even help with dinner. She seemed to be having the worst day of her life, which caused Thomas to question why she was even there. He poked around a bit, asking the mates that seemed more close to her to ask why she came, when she obviously wasn’t the camping type. Most of them also said they didn’t know why either, but he knew they were hiding something. Finally Thomas had managed to weaken one of their defences, and the weak link spat it all out. It was quite an amusing story actually, and it went something like this:

They were having a hangout at the bowling alley, and the teams decided they’d have a little wager. The winning team got to choose what activity they went to next, and the losing team had to go without complaints.
As the game progressed, it seemed evident which team was going to win. The girl’s team (Thomas discovered her name was Janet), and like all people do when they’re about to win, they were mocking the losing team, and making jokes about where they were going to go, well everyone in the team except for Janet, who was failing at the bowling. So the currently losing team decided they’d definitely put the other team in their place. They did this by ‘sneezing’ and ‘coughing’ just when the moment required top concentration, and they got their top bowlers to be the only ones scoring, the others faking they had sore hands or were feeling physically strained.
By the last round the team’s position had been swapped around, and Janet’s team lost, which made them subject to go where ever the other team demanded them, which happened to be this camping trip! But Janet’s team members were just like her, not too fond of camping, so when the dates finally came round, they called up sick. Not a single person on that team attended, except for Janet (which explained her sour mood earlier on in the ride).
As compensation for being the only one on the losing team that came, she wasn’t forced to do any of the dirty/hard work, and her only mission was to stay there through the whole duration of the 4 day camp.
At the moment she was lasting.
Thomas’s heart went out to the poor gal, she was the only one of her breed there.

She was sitting alone, her pink shades on, ignoring everyone and being ignored in her red camping chair. Thomas pulled his own chair up to her, hoping to talk to her, since he himself wasn’t too into the whole camping idea as well. He had been pulled along with bribes of free drinks and free food. He’d yet to see either. His hopes were ruined when he realised she was asleep though. He smiled a little, and moved his mouth closer to her ear.
“Hey” He whispered softly. “If we make it through this thing, I’ll take you to another game of bowling. A one more fun” He promised. Her face softened a little, and she let out a small noise of content. Whether it was her promising, or noise of her sleep, Thomas would have to wait for the camp to be over before he found out.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 06-23-2012, 11:24 AM

where'd♥oh, this is the short story.

WherededIGo
(・・^...

Old 06-23-2012, 11:25 AM

Yep :rofl:

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 06-23-2012, 11:26 AM

i'm glad you got it in.

Imagination
Penpal

Old 06-23-2012, 12:50 PM

WherededIGo:

Woot~good job everyone <3

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 06-23-2012, 12:56 PM

uh, oh.

Suzy Sunshine
URE NPC

Old 06-23-2012, 03:20 PM

The entries are all up to date. Entries are accepted until the event is closed.

WherededIGo
(・・^...

Old 06-23-2012, 03:21 PM

And that's if it ever ends..... XD

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 06-23-2012, 03:23 PM

the never ending summer camp event.....a goosebumps story.

WherededIGo
(・・^...

Old 06-23-2012, 03:29 PM

Dammit! I
That totally would've been a winner :rofl:

Ivvy
Fashionably Late

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Ivvy Send a message via Yahoo to Ivvy

Old 06-23-2012, 03:48 PM

My name was not added to the This one time at summer camp area. You got my other two posted. :)