adrestia_poena
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-11-2010, 01:50 AM

Ina nodded her head but didn't say anything. Slipping the apron on she made her way over to the bodies. Walking slowly around each one she started with the first child. all she could think of was what she would have given to be able to see the bodies before they had been moved to a place that smelled so much. She really shouldn't have been so picky and she knew that but she was. Moving to stand next to the little girl called Patty and she turned her head to the side as she looked at the girl. Not minding what the others were doing she leaned a bit closer to see if she could catch a scent of anything. Pulling back her eyes narrowed the smell was odd it wasn't like anything she had ever smelled before.
"Was Sergent Matthews in charge of the investigation into Patty's murder too?" Ina questioned as she still stared down at the body.

Lunna Dea
Lady of Niflheim, Mistress of Sh...
Send a message via Yahoo to Lunna Dea

Old 05-11-2010, 02:01 AM

“it would have been his job to investigate her, the two in Hyde Park were being investigated by the Hyde police. Did you know that during the time of jack the ripper, it was not White Chapel but Hyde’s park that was the more dangerous?” Butters nodded to Inspector Lewis. “I will see you two in a bit I am just going to finish up the paper work on Patty and then I will be back to start in.” he smiled tightly. “it was nice to meet you Inspector Ina.” Nodding again he walked back up the row to the other room.
“Since he has tossed the case to you it is now you who will be investigating little patty there. I picked up the cases from the Hyde Park last night right before I went home for a short rest. So you don’t have to worry about any one messing with that crime scene. It was secured and I assigned an officer to make sure it was not compromised till I could see it.” Gently lifting the bodies of Patty he sighed. “Nothing, dang it, ever single one has been void of any magic or scent that I could tell. She was not washed by Butters by my orders.”

adrestia_poena
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-11-2010, 02:11 AM

"that is the point their is no scent." Ina said absentmindedly as she reached into her purse and dug around for a little note pad and pen. "No scent at all...nothing...everything has a scent...well everything that has its own body at least....This is the first time its started to leave only single bodies to be found which is either a mistake...or something new...." She muttered as she scribbled down things on her note book. All her notes were taken in a mixture of both Korean, Japanese, and on occasion Chinese.

Last edited by adrestia_poena; 05-11-2010 at 02:22 AM..

Lunna Dea

Old 05-11-2010, 02:29 AM

“It is the first time that it has been a girl.” Whispering a few words in a fluid tongue magic flowed from Inspector Lewis’ fingers. “Nothing, not even a mote of magic.” The glow of the magic flowed around the body of Patty and disappeared into the air as he spoke. “Even worse then I had feared.” He looked up at Ina. “so we now are off to the Millennium wheel, they can’t keep the scene as long as I would like but you might be able to find something.”

adrestia_poena
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-11-2010, 02:35 AM

"Trust me this is far worse than anything i have ever come across." Ina muttered. Perhaps that was why this case had stuck with her. Taking the autopsy apron off she placed it on a hook near the entry way. "I will need to speak with the kid that followed his friend. Along with any friends of the victims that saw them close to the time of death up to twenty-four hours before the death of any of the kids...preferably children friends of theirs." She had an idea of what was happening but so far no proof and either way if it was what she thought it was than it would be hard to find let alone kill the creature responsible for all of these deaths.

Lunna Dea

Old 05-11-2010, 03:09 AM

“As you wish. It looks like it will be a long night for both of us.” Taking off his apron Inspector Lewis nodded to Butters. “If you find anything more Butters just call me.” Butters nodded and went back to the paper work. “You should have the address to the kid who found the first body in the note book he tossed at you and the others I will have my Sergeant get a list.”

adrestia_poena
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-11-2010, 04:36 AM

"Thank you inspector." Ina said in a dismissive tone. As she followed him out of the building. "I will need an officer to accompany me when i go to speak with the children." It irritated her but it was part of the rules when working in another country beside hers. "I will need the list by the end of the day at the latest. You should be prepared for another body or two by morning."

Lunna Dea

Old 05-11-2010, 05:11 AM

"I would not be to surprised on that, would you like me also to set up a desk for you in my squad room?" holding open the car door he waited for her to get in before moving to his side of the car. "I think I know just the right office to assign to you that can drive a car well in the city and act as your liaison." With that he started up the car and headed out to the millennium wheel.

adrestia_poena
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-11-2010, 05:17 AM

"A desk in your department would be fine." She said kindly as she climbed into the car. "So long as the officer does not get in my way or talk too much it will be fine." Her eyes were drawn to the window as she marked the different streets that they passed and kept an eye out for anything weird. Sure she knew that chances of her just happening on something was slim it was still a chance and well she didn't want to risk missing something simply because she didn't pay enough attention.
"These cases haven't attracted much attention have they?" that was yet another thing she didn't want to have to deal with. Media was a problem that was something she just wasn't able to deal with. As it was she was hoping that she would never have to deal with anyone else. Taking a look at the notes that Detective Matthews had taken she had to give the guy some credit his notes were impeccable.

Lunna Dea

Old 05-11-2010, 05:21 AM

“The first three, no they did not, but this one will have gotten the media sniffing. You want me to run blockade for you?” Driving Inspector Lewis noticed her watching the roads they passed. “looking for something?”

adrestia_poena
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-11-2010, 05:30 AM

"A blockade would be nice. I will not be speaking with the media at all." Ina said sharply. Was she looking for something? she wondered for a moment. "I don't know..." The answer was at least honest. It was also the simplest one she could give. Something was out there just beyond her reach and it was driving her insane.

Lunna Dea

Old 05-11-2010, 05:53 AM

"OK used to having to deal with the media all the time wont be a problem for me." turning into the parking lot of the millennium wheel they were bombarded by camera flashes on all sides. "blood hel' you would think these vultures would have found another perch. well now to do the song and dance." stepping out of the car he was hit from all sides with questions.
"Is this the first child's body found or are there more?"
"how long were the police planing on keeping these child murders quite?"
"should parents be keeping their kids inside?"
"how long till the Wheel is open again?"
"every one please," Inspector Lewis raised his hands drawing attention away from his car and Ina. "as of to date there have been four bodies, we do not know if it is the same perpetrator or more then one. an Interpol special agent has been brought in as they have more experiences in these then we do."
"your not homicide why are you here Inspector Lewis?"
"I have been assigned to help this expert and act as her Media liaison, any questions you have for her I will be answering. but as of right now I need you all to clear out for this is an active crime scene. we will be giving a statement latter on today."

adrestia_poena
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-11-2010, 06:22 AM

Ina could only let out a sigh as she watched Lewis handle the press. God she hated them they were always out for a damn story no matter who it hurt. Getting out of the car she held her head high and basically ignored the media. Making her way to the cordon off area she quickly moved beyond the tape and headed to where the body had been found. Standing there she turned about and looked at everything that was in sight of the place. Pulling out her notebook she started scribbling in it again. Closing her eyes for a moment she focused on the scents in the area. Her eyes opened and narrowed when she realized that where the body had lain there was no scent, whatever was killing these kids was like a black hole. Than it made her wonder if she couldn't smell anything, did the pets if the children had any react strangely in the days leading up to the deaths. Scribbling that little note down she knew she would need to remember that when it came time to question people.

Lunna Dea

Old 05-11-2010, 06:29 AM

escaping the press of the press Inspector Lewis walked into the bubble of the Wheel where the girl was found. holding out a photo for her to see what it had looked like when the body was found he sighed. the sound echoed off the rounded glass walls. "we did not have much time to secure the crime scene before the press pounced. Butters had to rush here and get the body before pictures could be taken of it and published all over so this scene has not been checked for much. not like that lazy man would have gotten here as quick as he could."

adrestia_poena
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-11-2010, 06:36 AM

"of course..." Ina muttered much to involved in her own thing. Glancing to the floor she frowned. Digging into her purse again she pulled out a pair of gloves. Reaching her hand down she touched what looked to be a small puddled of thick water. The only problem was it was disappearing quickly and was slimy not at all thin like water. Bring it up to her nose she toke a wiff she frowned. Looking at her fingers again there was nothing there. "damn it...this is just ridiculous." The puddle on the floor was gone again. "I hate things from the other side..." She growled. A difficult case just became even worse.

Lunna Dea

Old 05-12-2010, 03:54 AM

Turing at the sound of her comment Inspector Lewis sighted. “you’re telling me your found ectoplasm? Great just what we need, a creature of the far or a ghost.” Looking over at where she stood he blinked then walking back and forth for a few inches he growled. “yep there’s the rip, our something is traveling through the NeverWhere.”

adrestia_poena
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-12-2010, 04:53 AM

"Unfortunately that is what i am telling you." She growled. "which means, it will be nearly impossible to track." Stepping out of the pod her face was set in a frown. "Lets leave the scene to your officers. I need to speak with the one who found the girl."

Lunna Dea

Old 05-12-2010, 05:47 AM

"The operator of the Wheel was sent to the hospital for shock. I can drive you there or did you want to see the Hyde park crime scene?" Following Ina Inspector Lewis opened the car door for her.

adrestia_poena
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-12-2010, 05:55 AM

"there will be nothing to track by now if there ever was at Hyde park..." Ina said with a frustrated sigh as she pulled her gloves off her hands. "However the people who saw the bodies right away may have a clue as to where it may be....not that they would know that." The thing that she needed to find out was how the being was moving from body to body.

Lunna Dea

Old 05-12-2010, 06:27 AM

Driving Inspector Lewis sighed. “Well then to the hospital we go.” As he drove he called in telling that the officers in Hyde park could be put back on regular duties. I wonder if she can open a path way into the NeverWhere, or is that just a gift of Sidhe mages? “So what are you looking for now?”

adrestia_poena
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-13-2010, 06:36 AM

"answers..." She answered evasively as she scribbled in her notebook. The way things were looking it seemed like there was a good chance she was going to have to use her magic. Ina hated using it she much prefreed using any other means. It wasn't that she was bad at it. In fact she was actually rather talented it simply was she like to tick her mother off and that meant not using magic. Looking over at inspector Lewis she frowned for a moment sure she knew that she was being rude but this case was her baby in a way. "I want to see if there is anything left on the witness....if they touched the body there may be some sort of link which would be very helpful. and right now we really need anything that is helpful."

Lunna Dea

Old 05-14-2010, 05:21 AM

Driving up to the hospital Inspector Lewis looked up at its heights. “So here we are. I hope you can find what your looking for. I need to go do something but will see you back here in an half hour."

adrestia_poena
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-17-2010, 04:12 AM

“Thank you.” Ina said as she climbed out of the car. Without a backwards glance she headed into the Hospital. It took her a bit to get the room of the witness. She had to acknowledge that they were doing a good job of protecting a witness who had yet to be cleared of any wrong doing. As she walked into the room the woman was laying on the bed staring up at the ceiling. The soft beeping of machines could be heard. According to the doctors the woman had yet to speak.

“Mrs. Ross My name is Ina Ululani i am an Interpol agent who has been sent to work on this case. I understand that what you saw was frightening... but i need to ask you a few questions. It is very important that you answer all of the question honestly and with as much detail as possible....No matter how odd the questions are. Do you understand me?” Ina asked as she moved to the side of the bed. Gathering a bit of magic she touched Mrs. Ross’s hand and sent a calming spell around the woman and than weaved a bit more to ease the woman’s mind enough that she would be able to speak.
“Yes....I understand.” For a moment Ina felt a bit bad the woman’s voice was weak.
“Good, Lets get started.” With that Ina proceeded to ask a variety of questions. Unfortunately the woman didn’t have and answers. She had seen nothing that would help Ina. Pausing she stepped away from the woman and looked down at her. Ina had a strange feeling that somehow this woman had touched whatever had killed the girl when she had checked to see if the girl was still alive. Yet for whatever reason she was still living and unaffected with the exception of this extreme case of shock. As she let the spell fade the woman’s eyes glazed over and she didn’t speak anymore. Sitting back in a chair in the room she just watched the Mrs. Ross as she scribbled in her note book. This was very peculiar, this case was getting more and more complicated as it went on. For the first time Ina had a moment of doubt that she would be able to solve this case at all.

Lunna Dea

Old 05-17-2010, 05:24 AM

Driving away from the hospital Inspector Lewis sighed. He did not know what to do with this new investigator. She seemed good but was she? Why had she been placed in the cold cases division and not on a proper beat? His mind filled with the questions as he drove. Not paying too much attention to the rode or where he was going. A loud noise woke him from his mental wanderings. Before him was Hyde Park, the afternoon crowds were bustling by to their early evening meals. He could hear the police tape flapping and wobbling in the breeze. Stepping out of the car he fallowed the path to where the tape still stood around four trees. The officer was now gone but his foot prints where easy to find in the grass, he had been standing there for some time not moving much.
Looking around Lewis squinted trying to see if he could find the way through to the Neverwhere here too. After a few moments and a few odd stairs he found it. It was smaller than the one at the wheel but then it was to be expected. Reaching out he opened it up again, a high pitched screech echoed off the trees and buildings around. The humans went on with their lives without ever knowing what had just happened.
On the other side it was another matter. Horse screamed as they pranced back and forth trying to escape the sound. The hounds howled as it hurt their ears. Lewis straitened his court garb and looked around. There before him was the leader of the Wild Hunt, her lance leveled on Lewis’ chest.
“stand and declare yourself mortal child.” Her voice was soft and airy, but Lewis did not for one moment think that she was not capable to run that lance through him at a moment’s notice.
“I Child of the Unseelie Sidhe, am Lord Law’whyn Mithdor of the emerald hills, esquire to the lady of shadows and Knight of the human court Silence.” The lance slowly rose as she raised her helm. Law’whyn, known to the humans as Lewis sighed. He know this young knight, she had been his charge for the first fifty years of her life.
“Well met uncle Law’whyn but I am still not of my father’s court.” The knights around her sighed and relaxed, now that they knew this new elf was no threat. “But why come you here through the veil where one of blessed ones disappeared?”
“One of the children are missing?” his voice became cold as he thought of what that could mean. “was it one of the princes?” the children of the Sidhe were prized by all of the Sidhe no matter what court they belonged to. For one to have disappeared and a Seelie Sidhe Wild Hunt to have been called that meant that a war in the courts was on the wind.

adrestia_poena
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-17-2010, 05:45 AM

As she finished writing down her notes she realized that she was going to need a lot of the books that she had forgotten back home. Strolling out of the hospital room Ina made her way to the main level of the hospital. With a little work she found a empty waiting room where she could make a few phone calls. Pulling out her cell she sighed this was one call that she was loathed to make. Dialing her mother’s number she waited for answer.
“Hello, darling your sister said you would be calling soon.” Her mother said by way of answering.
“If she knew I was going to be calling that surely she knew why I would be calling and so this won’t have to take long.” Ina snapped into the phone. She hated speaking with her family they were always wanting her to be something more like them.
“Well Una had to leave before she could tell me what you needed.”
“I doubt that, anyways I need you to get my books out of storage and take them to my apartment so that I can reach them through my purse.” Ina said with a sigh.
“Fine, so long as you are home for Thanksgiving this year.” Ina growled into the phone as she heard her mother’s words. The lady always wanted something in return for her help, well at least from her.
“Mom, I will try but I don’t know if i will be working on a case or not.” Ina said with a sigh “ I need you to have Lina do me a favor and keep an ear out for any big disturbances on the spirit side of things....Something is killing kids and unfortunately I have no clue what exactly.”
“I will let her know love.” With that Ina said goodbye quickly. Turning off the phone she sat there for a moment. It would take her mother at least two hours before her books where in her house and therefore available for her to use. The thing that was bugging her most was why was it using children and why did it seem like it couldn’t harm adults. Speaking to the kid was going to be the biggest help at least she hoped that it would turn out that way.