StrawberryZ0mbie

Old 04-15-2014, 01:55 AM

Well, usually when I make it to a new community, I head to the art forums as one of my first stops. Is it bad to judge a site by their art community?

At any rate, I'm basically a traditional artist who's spent the last six months trying to learn how to do digital art too. OwO; I've been having difficulty finding time for watercolors lately just because life is hectic and watercolors don't go well with frequent interruptions. I miss it though. OnO But here's just a smattering of paintings, sketches and digital art by me.

...now I suddenly feel ashamed for how long it's been since I've cranked out a real painting. LoL

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-15-2014, 04:59 AM

your art is amazing. @.@ Watercolors are a special love of mine and you really know how to make those colors work. Seems like you're making the digital stuff work real good too. I love all your stuff, but the third painting is my favorite. The details and the composition are really appealing.

I feel bad I haven't done a real painting in forever either.

StrawberryZ0mbie

Old 04-16-2014, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat Dakuu View Post
your art is amazing. @.@ Watercolors are a special love of mine and you really know how to make those colors work. Seems like you're making the digital stuff work real good too. I love all your stuff, but the third painting is my favorite. The details and the composition are really appealing.

I feel bad I haven't done a real painting in forever either.

Thank you! I actually broke out my pencils for some sketching today and realized my tablet is making forget how to draw with pencils. Because I have to use so much more pressure with the tablet and suddenly switching to .5 mechanical pencil leads....it took a bit to remember how not to press so hard I snap the lead. xD

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-21-2014, 10:01 PM

That's really entertaining. I don't use a tablet for my digital art so the problem I have to deal with is the lack of a edit undo. Eraser just isn't as perfect but I still prefer doing traditional art though.

StrawberryZ0mbie

Old 04-25-2014, 12:57 AM

I have a lot of issues with my right arm so my focus tends to be based on what part of my arm is hurting at a given time. XD If it's my shoulder, digital art is easier and if it's my hand, traditional art is easier. So there it is....my body pains help determine what art I do. LoL

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-01-2014, 07:27 PM

That kind of sucks. Arm pains were really the worst for an artist. I'm glad my hands have no issues though I would get over it if I did.

StrawberryZ0mbie

Old 05-03-2014, 02:47 AM

Eventually it just becomes part of life and you figure out how to work around it. But yeah, it does suck when your major stress relief activity makes you go "AUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHH ! ;0; " LoL