Risu
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Risu

Old 12-10-2010, 08:15 PM

Thanks! First though I have to decide what I'm doing. I do need to refresh my language Minor though. It's been, too long since I've had a chance to use it.

gummybug
Just here

Old 12-10-2010, 11:26 PM

wow. this looks s amazingly fun xDD
*subscribes*
So, i have to wait till sunday for the new one, im guessing i cant post for the angel one right? :P

NekoShade
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-11-2010, 02:17 AM

Yeah, gummy, deadline was yesterday, but I'll be putting up the requirements for next week's contest on sunday night ^_^

Zephi
Summer love

Old 12-11-2010, 01:58 PM

It's always funny hearing the time mentioned. Because when you say "tomorrow" usually it's already that day here. Or if someone says "yesterday" that is usually 2 days ago for me. Hehe... it's really odd being in the future, again. <.<

NekoSari
Airheaded Spaz Cat

Old 12-13-2010, 01:20 AM

The winners for the past week have been chosen!
1st place: Risu
2nd place: Zephi
3rd place: fairywaif

Prizes have been sent as donations from NekoShade, and this week's contest theme and requirement have been added to the second post, go check it out!

Zephi
Summer love

Old 12-13-2010, 04:54 AM

Woot woot :boogie:
Second place isn't bad. Thank you ^^

Vix Viral
┌(・。・...
Send a message via AIM to Vix Viral Send a message via MSN to Vix Viral

Old 12-13-2010, 05:02 PM

Omg finals are kicking my ass and I haven't even taken my first one yet!

Zephi
Summer love

Old 12-13-2010, 05:19 PM

Finals!? Ack! *hissss* Back! back! I'm allergic to those things *hissss*

On a side note... this weeks writing contest... interesting... Santa eh. Hmmmmmmmm.....

Vix Viral
┌(・。・...

Old 12-13-2010, 05:34 PM

Someday, I'll have time to enter this!

Zephi
Summer love

Old 12-13-2010, 06:01 PM

Well ti's another short entry contest this week. If you thought about it while you were... like.. in bed or something and then wrote it here, I'm sure it wouldn't take too long :yes:

Vix Viral
┌(・。・...

Old 12-13-2010, 06:38 PM

Not when you have college finals.

Zephi
Summer love

Old 12-13-2010, 06:51 PM

I guess. *shrugs* I just tend to avoid them *hisses and covers face* You reek of them by the way. :stare:

Vix Viral
┌(・。・...

Old 12-13-2010, 07:04 PM

If I avoided them, my grades would take a huge nosedive.
I'm currently applying for internships in and around the area. Sent out six applications so far.

Zephi
Summer love

Old 12-13-2010, 07:20 PM

*backs up a litte more* So what kind of internships are you applying for? Oh yes, and good luck ^^

Vix Viral
┌(・。・...

Old 12-13-2010, 07:58 PM

Pretty much anything that sounds interesting to me so mainly advertising/marketing and promotions.

NekoShade
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-13-2010, 08:40 PM

Ooooh, I'm not up to the internships stage yet, but I'm noooot looking forward to it *insert sad face*

And yes, this week is also Finals Week for me and I'm stressing out so much I almost forgot to post last week's winners and send out their prizes :( I was about to head to bed when I remembered! waah. Tis gonna be a super stressful week, I believe

Zephi
Summer love

Old 12-13-2010, 08:43 PM

I think that you all need to just calm down and breathe and remember that you know all of this. You've got this. These finals will be a piece of cake and once it's over you'll realize that I was right. Then you can go out and celebrate, no more tests, no more classes, time for a break ^^

Vix Viral
┌(・。・...

Old 12-13-2010, 08:52 PM

I'm just lazy and hate tests and final papers. I'm at the top of the third page of a paper that's due to tomorrow. I'll keep working on it tonight. I have to take frequent breaks or I go crazy.

Also, I've already received two responses to my internship inquiries!

Zephi
Summer love

Old 12-13-2010, 09:01 PM

Wow that's good news that you've heard back already Vix ^^

Vix Viral
┌(・。・...

Old 12-13-2010, 09:03 PM

Yeah I have high hopes for the spring! :)

CosmicFoxKitty
The Awkward

Penpal

Old 12-14-2010, 12:39 AM

Ohhhh this sounds fun :D I'm going to try!

----------

SPOILERX

Maxxie woke up when there was a small tap, tap, tap on her window. Gliding out of bed she opened her blinds and looked down at a sleigh. Her eyes nearly popped out of her head! Sliding on her robe and slippers she ran down the stairs as quietly as she could. She knew Santa was real, she just knew it! Now she could tell her parents that they were liars! That he is real! Once she made it to the door she ran up, however, Santa wasn't there. "Where is Santa?" She asked a little man in a green suit she knew to be an elf. His reply was gentle, "He is at the North Pole, come we have a surprise for you." Once she was in the sleigh they were off in the flash of an eye, flying high above the sky. Once they made it to the North Pole the elf happily took her to the biggest building in the red and green town. Santa sat there in the middle of the giant room. Smiling brightly as she was brought up to him she heard his signature ho ho ho and smiled even wider. As she finally got to him he held out a rather large box to her. "Now remember Maxxie, Santa Clause is real, remember." Nodding her head swiftly she looked at the tag, it said "Do not open before christmas." It was midnight but she decided to wait till she got home. Soon she was on her way after talking for a little bit and drinking hot coco. Finally she made it back, placing the present under the tree and ran upstairs to sleep. The next morning she awoke to the smell of pancakes and hot chocolate. Running down stairs her parents let her open her present. She picked Santa's first. The wrapping paper crinkled under her and tore as she found the present she always wanted, canvas and paints. Her parents were confused but didn't ask. Maxxie, never did stop believing in Santa.

Zephi
Summer love

Old 12-14-2010, 09:16 AM

I'm still thinking of the perfect ending... I suck at ending things <.< This writing contest weekis hard :gonk:

gummybug
Just here

Old 12-14-2010, 08:10 PM

I hope this is how you do it x3

SPOILERX

Ann sat on her bed waiting, and when she heard a loud thump from downstairs, she stood up quickly, and crept down the winding and seeming endless staircase, she crouched down, and crawled into the living room, hiding behind the large green sofa. Ann suddenly jumped up, after hearing a loud thump, for the second second time, she stared in front of herself, To the far side of the room, There was a looming figure, standing with their back turned to her in front of her christmas tree, she stepped forward once, her hand slightly outstretched. the second step made a creak in the floorboards, and the figure turned quickly, dropping the gifts he pulled his hand across his chest and disappear in a small poof of dark grey smoke. Ann stood in shock, her hand still outstretched, 'uh' she muttered, not moving an inch 'Was that...?' she stepped forward again, and the quickly ran over to the gifts on the floor, each of them said 'Love from Santa' on the label, She grinned and put it back down 'It really was!' she shouted and ran up the stairs, she ran into her parents room, shouting to them, they both sat up suddenly and looked over at her,
'What is it?' her mum said and rubbed her eyes
'I-I saw santa!' ann shouted, her eyes wide
She had finaly seen him, finaly she had seen santa!

NekoShade
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-16-2010, 05:45 AM

Just as a heads up guys:

I'll be lowering the prize amounts a little bit :sweat:

Reasons:
1)I'm getting really, really, really, REALLY sick of Tetris and Snake (the games I play to gather the prize funds)
2)I want to give myself a bit of cushion to help the contest survive for as long as I can without asking for donations

So from now on, the first prize winners will get 500 gold, and second prize winners get 250. Sadly enough, third prize will be only an honorable mention for a while to come :(

On a side note! All the entries through the entire 3 weeks the contest has been alive have been really good! *two thumbs up* Makes me hopeful that it's not gonna die any time soon :)

Zephi
Summer love

Old 12-16-2010, 08:40 PM

Is it still open or have I missed the deadline? :S