Zaoki
*^_^*

Old 02-27-2009, 02:45 AM

eh I just try to be fashionable wherever I go xD

Jennifer
High fives are pretty great!

Old 02-27-2009, 02:49 AM

Zaoki. Why thank you. :XD
Now please get moley, pixie, lokis and a few others to do that same? lmao. KIDDING.

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...
Send a message via AIM to poet`s playground Send a message via Yahoo to poet`s playground

Old 02-27-2009, 02:51 AM

I try to reflect myself well... hard to do with a girl avatar or a boy avatar, haha. Gotta have the right styles and usually they're not ones that prefer one or the other... those are the ones that don't get made so much, haha. But then I do also like wearing stuff that's "girly" so to speak but like guys to be able to do that as well if they so desire.

Jennifer

Old 02-27-2009, 02:58 AM

It's often difficult to reflect your real life self within your avatars, completely. On Ava, I do think more tomboy items could be released. And some classic, sophisticated items would be nice. I'm thinking pinstripe vests/pants, monocles (do they already have those), ...a fake mustache and long drag. :D ...I'm getting way ahead of myself here, haha. I still heavily think that even Menewsha needs neat items such as Skateboards. 8D -cough-

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...
Send a message via AIM to poet`s playground Send a message via Yahoo to poet`s playground

Old 02-27-2009, 03:06 AM

Haha, well of course you can't express yourself completely, but with me it's just hard to express my own taste at all. Many sites show girls that are all flirty or floaty and pretty, and that's like... not me. But that doesn't mean I'm not into the fantasy aspect, just... differently. Avaricia has nice items, I just don't like those items that are combined into single items that are called "Unisex" when they're basically two different items in a package together. It's like buying a t-shirt at the store, and when you get home you go to put it on and it turns into a bra? But then a guy puts it on and it's a t-shirt? It's like... what?

Jennifer

Old 02-27-2009, 03:11 AM

*giggles* I had that happen once! The threads tore easily and by the time I was done trying to fix it, it looked like a bra. :rofl: But I agree, it is a bit silly. Not something I'd expect. Items like that should come with a warning label. Magical shirt turns into bra.

Last edited by Jennifer; 02-27-2009 at 03:18 AM..

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 02-27-2009, 03:15 AM

Yeah :/. I mean they should just be separate items. Unisex is the same item, just one shaped like the girl and one shaped like the boy.

Jennifer

Old 02-27-2009, 03:21 AM

Well maybe that will be fixed with the new release?

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

I dunno... maybe, but they've continued to make items like that recently, lol.

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

I think from what I've seen and heard, if I'm going to pick up another avatar site, it'll be this one. I like sites where the staff is as hard-working, easy-going and genuinely ... uhm... genuine as I've found Ava staff to be so far.

I like the curviness of the (female) avatar's hips, but not so much the lack of boobage that is accentuated by the current pose... >_>; I'll probably wait until after the switch so I won't have gotten used to one avatar and then pout a bit about any changes. XD;;

I count on you guys to keep me up to date. :B

Jennifer

Old 02-27-2009, 03:24 AM

Ah, well then -- I suppose we'll just have to get used to them being that way, haha.

CK. Good choice. :) It's definitely a great site. Despite a few things. But what site doesn't have it's flaws, ya know. And it's really nice finding a site that is a lot different from what you are normally used to.

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-27-2009, 03:44 AM

Well, I can't say I'm not used to a site with a genuine, hard-working staff...

But certainly the "theme" of the site seems different to here and the bases are different. :yes:

Jennifer

Old 02-27-2009, 03:48 AM

What do you mean? Are you honestly saying that Menewsha's staff is genuine and hard-working? Pft. Well...you're right! They are. :rofl:

God I'm annoying. .____.,

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 02-27-2009, 04:40 AM

The main thing that attracted me to the site was the fact that apart from the fact that it was an avatar site at all, the female avatars' hips looked like a healthy size (haha, a healthy 2" ;) ) and I thought any site that could have avatars look like that must be at least a little different in terms of how it conducted itself and I was mainly right but the think about the items does still bug me *_*.

Jennifer

Old 02-27-2009, 05:04 AM

I definitely like the fullness about Ava's avatars. They've got a tummy and hips! Just like mio, haha.

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 02-27-2009, 05:13 AM

Haha, I've got neither, but can appreciate the mentality of a site whose avatars do.

Jennifer

Old 02-27-2009, 05:58 AM

I was just trading with someone on staff over there. That's when I just realized that while trading with users, you have the ability to see their inventory. I sort of don't like that feature. I thought they finally busted me for having a tshirt that many others do not. But then she told me I could keep it. So I'm happy again. :)

Leela
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via Yahoo to Leela

Old 02-27-2009, 12:32 PM

:O does you has a staff t-shirt? :lol:

Zaoki
*^_^*

Old 02-27-2009, 03:01 PM

Ah yes the staff t-shirt makes ya wanna be part of the staff xD

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-27-2009, 03:14 PM

I know that it's my expeiences with Bobbi that have given me an almost maternal feeling towards Ava, I only wish that all site's admin were so down-to-earth and easy to work with. One of the reasons that the site itself appeals to me is because it's clearly not aimed at the teen market who like cute and shiny, it's a site with a distinct and different theme. But then, it was built around the pre-existing web comic. Most sites start off as bare bones and their theme comes along later, we don't have any real "feel" as yet as general layout and so on takes a backseat to other developments, but I honestly can't wait until we have a more solid Menewshan feel.

Pearl
Toruk Makto

Old 02-27-2009, 03:17 PM

It's a sweet site but I just can't bring myself to like the avatars.
I might like them after the change though.

I joined shortly after it opened and have one of those swords, I'm thinking of seeing if I can swap it for a LEI set.

Jennifer

Old 02-27-2009, 04:13 PM

No. I mean, yes, I do have a staff tshirt. But only because I was previously a moderator on there. But it doesn't make me want to be part of staff again. I just like it as a reminder.

I truly love the fact that Avaricia evolved around her webcomic; just as jelly stated. Rather than creating the site, then that stuff coming later.

Zaoki
*^_^*

Old 02-28-2009, 12:26 AM

@Pearl you can get way more than just an Lei set with a sword of the ancients.

Jennifer

Old 02-28-2009, 12:38 AM

Wish I hadn't given mine to Branny now. I really like the sapling branch.

Zaoki
*^_^*

Old 02-28-2009, 12:43 AM

I've never had one so eh xD