Dazzlingdreamberry
*^_^*

Old 04-01-2015, 03:00 PM

As much as i love my desserts, i try to keep the collateral damage down to a low roar. Also im type 2 diabetic. Just runs in the family. I was a hearty runner and quite slim when diagnosed.

So, exercise is the magic elixir. Its a med for diabetes. Plus healthy in any sense of the word.

Ive gone over a year now with daily exercise. Rather minimum. If i spin, i do 30 min. Stepper 22 min. Or walk a mile. Usually i exercise indoors. I have a lot of gym equipment. A treadmill from my running days. Now its got junk piled up on it. Thats another reason for my interest in minamalism. I have too much stuff, that i keep moving around. #Like checkers #or mess

What a great spot to speak of health matters. Im also into psychology and pink philosophy. But, right now ive downed my heavily laden antioxident cafe and must needs to come aboard the stepper.

Aloha!

Dazzlingdreamberry
*^_^*

Old 04-02-2015, 12:44 AM

I got a blister the other day hiking. So i use this liquid bandage. You apply it like nail polish. It dries clear, and there you go. Wont move or bunch or give you another blister. Its antiseptic, too. But if its open sore, youre going to scream like a lil girl first.

---------- Post added 04-01-2015 at 08:41 PM ----------

For more comfortable eyesight when viewing phones or computers ad nauseam, they recommend you look up and gaze across room periodically.

And getting up periodically to exercise your legs. From car trips too, and plane rides. Remember in school when you got bored, youd get up to sharpen your pencil:)

If you take heed to stay on top of your health, your body will thank you.

llonka
Momma to the Crazies!

Penpal

Old 04-16-2015, 04:10 PM

Hi! So is your diabetes managed pretty well? I have high blood pressure and am now trying to get out walk more often.

Dazzlingdreamberry
*^_^*

Old 04-18-2015, 02:29 AM

Dont seem to be here that often. Feel like pink gum under a shoe. Daily allergy that i have to take daily pill to function. Dont remember if i took one today. It cant be good sucking down meds every day. Someone was asking, is there anything other than meds. Good question. Well, you have to find out what youre allergic to. If its outside pollen, youre doomed. Maybe a mask could help. But really, is that feasible? May be a neck fan that blows upwards while youre outside? So youre breathing fan air? Im allergic inside, outside and in thy ladies pantry. I have a lot of stuffed animals. Thats a no no, unless you get the snickerdoodle kind like the prez. Does the prez eat pez? Yes, the prez eats pez sporting a bright red fez. #Excuse my slide into insanity #im not a well avi

Inside, well pets are a question cause of the fur. Plus rugs, and sofas. You need sterile. #Thats cuckoo

I need to get to optometrist and doc checkup. Need to eat better. #Yes, you veg. Stop all the sweets. Its not another food category.

My exercise is back on track. Cardio, 125 situps, 2# neon green weights. Daily.

But these head and stomach aches and wretched allergies must cease.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 04-18-2015, 02:31 AM

bright red fez

keep up the good work!!!!!

Dazzlingdreamberry
*^_^*

Old 04-21-2015, 03:16 PM

Popping in again. Im twerking my diet. #Ouch. Buh bye to those sugar free popsicles and chocolate pudding. I sadly walked by the pudding yesterday. They were on the shelf looking at me like little puppy dogs. Did get the popsicles, but only because they were on sale.

More veg, ive decided. Had asparagus yesterday. Got some ears of corn. Ears of corn? Who or what has ears that look like corn? First crop of season is supposed to be best. And i love corn on the cob. I actually put on a napkin bib because its such a mess to eat. And i eat standing up. Butter, seasoned salt. Im a buttery, salty slob by the time ive finished.

I dont know about yogurt. Is it a health food? Heard the greek yogurt isnt so good. Im suspicious of yogurt, cheese etc. Need a taste test first.

But now my stepper calls.

Dazzlingdreamberry
*^_^*

Old 05-04-2015, 04:47 AM

This health business is immense. Much bigger than i thought. But you have to start somewhere. Im adding veg to diet. Trying to lay off the processed. But a glance around shows me theres gmo s? Im not sure what that is. Diet soda has fake sugar. Thats not good. Theres organic produce. Which looks bad, and costs more. Ice cream has invaded the house. This Dairy Demon did me in one time. Mr x is skinny. Super skinny. Folks tell him he needs to gain weight. But he has physical job, plus his hobby is biking. So he wants ice cream. And how can i resist that. Even as i post, the cherry chocolate is singing me a siren song. Mr x not a meat eater. So i hardly eat it myself. I feel guilty if i have a burger. Read article about woman who developed, dang, cant pull it out of my fuzzy head. Its this condition where they want to eat healthy, but it spirals out of control. Like anorexia. Word is something like orthoexia. Sounds like foot condition. Gads its stuffy in this room. Ah...lovely fan. Got to work on my allergies. Downing allergy meds not cool.

---------- Post added 05-03-2015 at 10:33 PM ----------

Ill post my successes and blips here. I told you that cherry ice cream was singing my song. Sometimes nothing satisfies except ice cream. A small pink she devil was sitting on my shoulder yukking it up while i stood at kitchen sink and spooned ice cream from the carton. I was even chewing it. Now im spent. #Moo

Dazzlingdreamberry
*^_^*

Old 06-08-2015, 02:42 PM

I always put health on the back burner. But, ill try again. No more doughnuts, pie. Cookie marathons. You have one or two cookies. You dont eat them for a meal. Laying off the salt and butter. And no more carb loading. Im addicted to stuffing large amounts of carb. Then i have to sleep it off for few hours. Im diabetic. Do i want it to get worse? No. Just em doc yesterday to schedule lab test. Im overdue. Reading this back book for hints. Will have to read up on allergies, too. How to avoid allergens. Think ill lay off on the eggs. Was having it daily. I want to lose 10 pounds. As a starter. Will start back with the light weights, too. Ah, feeling so virtuous already!

kelseydee
(^._.^)ノ

Old 06-08-2015, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzlingdreamberry View Post
I always put health on the back burner. But, ill try again. No more doughnuts, pie. Cookie marathons. You have one or two cookies. You dont eat them for a meal. Laying off the salt and butter. And no more carb loading. Im addicted to stuffing large amounts of carb. Then i have to sleep it off for few hours. Im diabetic. Do i want it to get worse? No. Just em doc yesterday to schedule lab test. Im overdue. Reading this back book for hints. Will have to read up on allergies, too. How to avoid allergens. Think ill lay off on the eggs. Was having it daily. I want to lose 10 pounds. As a starter. Will start back with the light weights, too. Ah, feeling so virtuous already!
Me too dazzie, my grand nieces paternal grandma is dying now. She weighs like 600 lbs& it took 17 ems peoples to get her in the ambulance. I'm going on the one plate per meal diet& snacking on fruit& veggies.

Dazzlingdreamberry
*^_^*

Old 06-08-2015, 06:45 PM

Pisces, fruit and veg is good. And produce from your garden the best!

kelseydee
(^._.^)ノ

Old 06-08-2015, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzlingdreamberry View Post
Pisces, fruit and veg is good. And produce from your garden the best!
Did u hear that? It's a wounded donut....

---------- Post added 06-08-2015 at 02:59 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by llonka View Post
Hi! So is your diabetes managed pretty well? I have high blood pressure and am now trying to get out walk more often.
Here too. Walking is great.

Dazzlingdreamberry
*^_^*

Old 06-08-2015, 10:43 PM

Shopping day. Got carrots, apricots, nectarines. Yes, pisces, the donut counter was wailing. Oh, also mini peppers. Sugarfree popsicles. Im serious about improvement. Doc okayed lab test, so ill go in this week. Not telling mr x im on improved diet.

Dazzlingdreamberry
*^_^*

Old 06-16-2015, 02:49 PM

Well, lab results werent good. As i thought. It seems i need to lose weight. All righty. I will. Just needed a nudge. Magician elmo changes the n to an f. #Lobs pillow at elmo. Thats not helping. Yesterday had lunch with mr go. He, recently returned from yellowstone vacay. I suggested we try this fast food gourmet place. Its this weird place. In a former fast food joint. They offer scratch made gourmet type burger sliders, chi chi salads. I looked at the burger offerings with that quick to sugar sweet bun and fainted. Their salad offerings were suspicious. Stuff with goat cheese, beets. I chose the panko crusted chicken strips. 3 of them. Not bad. Not really good. But i liked the atmosphere. We were sitting on bar stools. Its still a cheap place inside. Plastic cup. Served on ugly tin tray. But they play music. And you can linger as long as you like. Most folks take out. The seating is that bad. And view is of street. Yet, they have wifi. And they play music. I need a place to hang out. Dont think mr go was impressed. Thats ok. I can go by myself.

---------- Post added 06-16-2015 at 08:10 AM ----------

So, how am i tweaking diet? Doc said go easier on caffeine. I was doing diet coke as well as joe. Noted. Will purchase non caffeine soda. She wasnt impressed with decafe either. Chemicals she said and made an ugly face. Well im not in that fanatic no chemical stage yet. What would i do with all my beakers?

Usually i use cafe creamer in joe. Going to stop. Use mr xs almond milk and equal. Chemical. Maybe i can wean off the sugar.

Im keeping a pot of brown rice at the ready. I season with chicken broth, dry onion soup mix. Even tried miso. Brown rice is wonderful filler. And wont jerk your sugar around like white rice. I cant ever have white rice again. I always get migraine. Duly noted.

My beloved eggs have to be a treat. I was having daily. No more super 3 egg omelets out. Restaurants dont care about your health.

No more donuts, pie. Until im stabilized. I have a mongo jerry sweet tooth. I cant be trusted.

Im eating veg again and fruit. Forcing myself. Drinking v8. Two servings of veg in every aluminum can.

So, we'll see how i improve. Should be able to see some improvement soon. Ill be able to fit into my cargo shorts again. I miss all the pockets.

---------- Post added 06-16-2015 at 11:26 AM ----------

So i looked into allergy testing and treatment. Its not for me. Youll have injections for 3-5 years! In the beginning weekly. Oh, no. Going there that often and having to drive up to level G then walk down to level A. Twice weekly? Are you mad? Then, the injections really are subject to spurious claims. And, in the end, these are needles, folks. Harsh, sharp. Unyielding. Not. For. Me.

Ill look into more natural methods of treatment. #Like a big box of kleenex. Haha. Kleenex. Clean ex. After use, ex clean! Bit of piers anthony mindset, izzy?!

Dazzlingdreamberry
*^_^*

Old 06-17-2015, 05:32 AM

McStuffed. Was feeding cookies into the cookie shredder. Me. Theyre speculoos from tjs. I feel i have to wear my glasses while noshing them. And now i feel uncomfortably stuffed. Just cant eat sweets daintily. That word doesnt look right. Well, i had some mini bell peppers. Made a baked pasta. Darn, didnt do weights again. I cant seem to get that on board. My back seems 100% again. Yet now im afraid of doing my 125 situps again. I was doing them hanging over the bed. Maybe that was too severe a decline. I have a sit up bench. I could use that. This health and exercise sure can dominate your day. I heard a getty heir past. He was messing around with drugs. Why? Was life as some billionaire just too hard to cope? Mr x used to hang out with a rich kid in junior college. The guy lived in Hillsborough, where they have mcmansions. Barry bonds and rich guys of their ilk reside there. Mr xs friend was tall, handsome, white. Very rich kid. Yet he was an alcoholic. Needed shot of jack daniels to take the edge off. The edge off what? Its interesting peoples perception of reality. I wont buy those cookies anymore.

Dazzlingdreamberry
*^_^*

Old 07-03-2015, 05:39 AM

From a diabetic headache, i believe. I had lunch date with mr go. So only had ensure protein drink. Wasnt hungry anyway. Probably from the half bag of tostitos i had night before. So, going to restaurant started feeling a little off. Had hard candy in car. Quite enjoyed nibbling n crunching them. Some were edible legos candy. You can actually connect them. And these colorful tiny stars. Red, yellow. Restaurant was blessedly a/c. Mr go put on his jacket. I had ice joe, eggs and hash, and pancakes. Only carb is pancake and taters in hash. Later sugar dropped and started getting headache. Picked up a baja bowl for mr x and sipped diet coke with eyes closed, leaning back. Have now had headache for 10 hrs. Hurts to keep eyes open. Mr x has some loud james belushi show on. I try to avoid the headaches, but they keep happening. Maybe i should test more. The test strip thing. You poke your finger. It hurts. Itd be nice if you had some meter readout connected to you. Then youd know when to eat. Well, tomorrow is another day. Might as well hit hay. Cant comfortably read. Theres peppers and carrots to eat. I did not have the pie. Mr go did. Strawberry. Want to start the arm exercises again. My shake weight awaits. I keep saying i want to start. Was watching American ninja yesterday. Really impressed by the guys upper body strength. Ive never been able to do a pull up. I could always lift stuff. I lifted my dad once. Mom too. Tried to lift mr x but he didnt want me too, and tickled me so i couldnt. Ive never understood how men could carry women in their arms. It must be the upper body strength. Once we were lifting huge bulky tv to ground. We were going on vacation and i was afraid an earthquake would topple it. But i couldnt get a grip on the bulky thing. Mr x yelled, but to almost no avail. I almost dropped my end. On the ninja show the guys were hauling their whole body up and over a wall. Very impressive. Mr x just went to bed. Turned pesky tv off. Lovely soft jazz on. Just had a fudgsicle. It would be nice to lie on massager for my neck, but i need to vacuum it. Also noticed front porch spidery and buggy. Should vacuum out there, too. So much to do. The one good thing about feeling crappy is that you know how to appreciate feeling well. And even tho im on the headache side, i know its just a matter of time. So, i bid you all adieu!

Dazzlingdreamberry
*^_^*

Old 07-03-2015, 03:30 PM

And now im on the other side of headache hill and feel fantastic. Cooler right now. 3 day weekend. Mr xs watching n commentating on Wimbledon match. Painters are still next door banging away. Mr x said they replaced their patio canopy posts. That was the banging. Want to find my twist board. For core flexibility. Why is mr x not biking with hippy guy? The guy will notice mr xs car outside.

Dazzlingdreamberry
*^_^*

Old 07-07-2015, 06:27 PM

My new toy is a tangle. its a fidgit toy for stress, autism, etc. Just used it on treadmill, which is frightfully boring. Had first normal convo with mr x in a long time. Without me leaping back to stimulation of web. You twist, turn, touch it. One is called, fuzzy. Feels like smooth velvet. One is textured with ridges. One is smooth. They also have a hairy and metallic one.

I could have used these to great advantage if I had but known about them.

Today is the first overcast day in a gazillion years. Its so appreciated. I needed 2 baths yesterday. Been stress eating cuz I'm so uncomfortable in this muggy temp. While mr x sits there in sweatpants. Lobs pink pillow at him! #freak

Did you hear jared the subway guy got raided for child corn? #shakes head sadly

Upped weights to 3#.

And so it goes.

---------- Post added 07-07-2015 at 11:28 AM ----------

Tried to post pic of tangle, but it said it was too big.

Dazzlingdreamberry
*^_^*

Old 09-18-2015, 02:37 AM

Back in the health saddle again. I'm now on spin bike 45 min every day. I'm lifting 8# weights while listening to audio. Still need the stretch movement for the trifecta.

I haven't been able to cook because of the heat. Can't abide those mini peppers any more. Think my mindless eating is getting better, because when I go lie down to listen to audio I'm not eating. You have to concentrate. Tho sometimes I have nodded off. Hard to find my place. I'm tired of the restaurants around here. Went to get a watermelon at trader Joe's and they had none!