Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 10-23-2013, 07:18 PM

Taka smiled down at the. "No more shows for you," he answered. "I can hunt and fish so we will have plenty of food." Taka pulled off another chunk of fish, this one bigger than the last and offered it to the boy. He used it as a distraction while he thought about where they were going.

"I think we will go to the group that employs me," he finally said. "Time to let them know that I am leaving the killing business. Then who knows where. We could go any where, from the mountains to the sea." After a pause to think about actually being free to go anywhere, a thought hit Taka and he spoke again. "First some ground rules. I am new at this, I have only had to ever look out for myself. If you are hungry, cold, tired, whatever tell me. If you want more food, just tell me and I will give you more. If you want to know something or don't understand something just ask."

rozen
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-23-2013, 11:59 PM

Tomoe couldn't believe what he had just heard. "N-no more...shows?" He repeat, hoping that he had heard that correctly. He had a small, very small, smile on his face because he didn't have to preform anymore. He hated that, especially when there would be some people who would be mean and throw things or call him names.

"What's the killing business? What are mountains? What's a sea?" The boy asked. He was clueless about the world, he doesn't know much of anything. His master didn't teach him anything at all. Smelling the food, he took the piece of fish and ate it. He really like the taste of it. He never had something so good.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 10-24-2013, 12:30 AM

"No more shows," Taka restated. He laughed, a real laugh for the first time in a long time at all the boy's questions. "I see I have a lot to teach you of the world young one. Sadly not all in the world is nice and happy," he continued sadly. "I have made my living for years now killing whom ever my bosses wanted. They call you an assassin but its just a fancy title for saying that you kill people. You master was one of my targets."

He felt all those years and all those deaths weighing down on his shoulders. He knew that there was no way that he could make up for all the bad he had done but he had a chance to show this boy all the good in life and he was going to take it. His employers were not going to probably be happy with him leaving but, he was going to do it. The boy needed him and no one had ever needed him before.

rozen
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-24-2013, 05:34 AM

Tomoe turned back into a boy and walked in front of the guy and tried to place his hands on his cheeks. He moved side to side as he sniffed the guy. "You don't smell bad. My master smelled bad so you're not bad." Tomoe stated. He sat down and brought his knees up to his chest and wrapped his arms around it.

Tomoe let out a sigh. He was bored and wanted to do something fun, though he wasn't for sure exactly what he wanted to do. Though he knew he needed a bath, he hasn't ha one in a long time, or so it felt like. "Can you wash me? I don't know how to do it, my master always washed me and I stink. I don't like stinking." Tomoe said as he made a face showing his displeasure in smelling bad.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 10-24-2013, 08:08 PM

Taka was taken back for a moment. He didn't know how to wash someone else, after all he wasn't a mother, but then again how hard could it be. "Of course," he answered. He put out the fire and led the boy down to the river, collecting wood on the way.

He knew that the water would be cool and with the air cool, the boy would need to warm up afterwards. Once the fire was roaring he undressed and helped the boy undress. He bathed them, doing his best to teach the boy how to do it himself. He couldn't believe how much this assignment had changed his life, from cold blooded killer to nurturer in less than twenty four hours. When he was finished he carried the boy up the bank to the fire and wrapped his cloak around Tomoe's shoulders.

rozen
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-26-2013, 12:03 AM

Tomoe wagged his tail while he was being washed, he enjoyed it, it was like the filth of the past was being washed off and he was being cleaned with the present and whatever lied ahead. He was used to being bathed in such cold temperatures, he just had to learn to get used to it, that's the only reason he was able to stay in the water.

After his bath, when the guy held him, he turned into a wolf puppy to use his fur to stay warm. His whole body was trembling from the cold. Only when they got to the fire did he felt a little better. "What should I call you?" Tomoe asked. He just realized he didn't even know what the guy liked being called, he didn't know what a name was though.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 10-26-2013, 02:37 AM

"My name is Taka," he answered with a laugh. "I guess I forgot to tell you that." He threw some more wood on the fire to keep it nice and warm. It would be easy for them to become chilled from that cold water. He looked up at the sky and noticed that it was late in the day.

Once he was warm and dry he would catch them some more fish for dinner or maybe some rabbits. He could put of the trip back to his employers until tomorrow. He wasn't fancying the conversation with them; they weren't going to like letting the best assassin just walk away. He never failed a job, no matter how difficult the job or target.

rozen
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-27-2013, 09:06 AM

"Taka." Tomoe sad his name aloud. He yawned and stayed close to the guy's side and kept close to the fire to keep warm.He yawned and stretched out his body that was finally drying off.

Tomoe wanted to tell Taka that he was hungry but he as afraid because of his past with his master. He would get in trouble if he ever mentioned about being hungry so he never did it. He let out another yawn.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 10-27-2013, 11:00 PM

Taka felt warm and dry and decided it was time to catch some dinner. "You want more fish or would you like rabbit for dinner?" He asked the boy next to him. Maybe later they could catch something bigger like a dear and make some jerky, then Tomoe could eat anytime he was hungry.

Taka turned his eyes to sky again, trying to gauge the weather for the evening. He didn't see any threatening clouds on the horizon. Looked like they wouldn't have to worry about any rain or snow tonight.

(What season did you have in mind for this? Sorry realized I have no clue if its spring/summer or more fall/winter. I was also wondering how you would feel about me making Taka a bit older. I was thinking maybe 30's.)

rozen
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-28-2013, 10:44 PM

(I'm thinking about Fall. And that's fine. Sorry I haven't been posting a lot. I keep loosing track!)

"I don't know." He's never eaten rabbit before, he wouldn't mind trying it though but he was afraid to request anything because of his past with his master. Tomoe yawned and curled up tightly next to Taka. "I heard my master talk about how I have to shut up because his family was coming to see him. What's family?" He asked curiously. "Do you want me to shut up and hide when your family sees you?" He asked.

Tomoe was clueless about the world, it was obvious but he would slowly learn little by little with having Taka as his new master.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 10-29-2013, 03:06 AM

"Family is..." Taka stopped for a moment unsure of what to say. He hadn't really had family, raising himself from the time he was 10. "Family is people that are related to you. People that love you no matter what, I guess." Taka answered, hoping it made sense to the boy.

Taka decided to try and catch some rabbits for dinner. He pulled some string out of his bag and moved to collect some sticks to make snares. "I am going to go put out some snares to catch some rabbits," he told the boy. "I will be right back."

Taka moved away from their campsite and got downwind of it before he started setting up the snares in likely spots. When he was finished he returned to the campsite. "I will check them in an hour or two. Do you need some fish to hold you?"

rozen
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-29-2013, 11:47 PM

"I don't have any family. Nobody's related to me, nobody loves me. I can take care of myself though. I don't need anybody." Tomoe said. He wondered what it was like to have a family., to have someone who loved him, it was something he actually couldn't wrap his head around, it sounded so foreign to him.

"Ok. You promise you're not going to leave me?" Tomoe asked. He didn't want to be alone, despite saying that he could take care of himself and that he didn't need anyone, he actually wanted Taka to stay with him, he always had his master taking care of him so it felt weird to not have someone take care of him. "I will wait." He yawned.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 10-30-2013, 01:09 AM

Taka couldn't get Tomoe's words out of his mind. He knew what not having family was like, but then another thought struck him. Who said that family had to be blood related? Couldn't they perhaps just make their own family of two for now? He wondered a bit, lost in thought and before he knew it, he realized he had looped back to the snares.

There were several rabbits in the snares and he knelt to collect them. He made his way back towards the campfire, picking up firewood on his way. "Tomoe lad, I am back," he called as he entered the clearing where their camp was. He pulled a knife from his bag and proceeded to skin the rabbits.

rozen
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-31-2013, 12:55 AM

Tomoe got excited. He wagged his tail as he sniffed the air to smell it. "Can I eat it now?" He asked. He didn't know that meat had to be cooked. He only knew that he was hungry and wanted something to eat right then and there. He was still in his wolf pup form, his fur helped kept himself warm along with the fire. Not having a lot of meat on his bones made him unable to stand any temperature below a certain point since he didn't have the fat to keep him warm.

There was rustling leaves not too far off in the distance. Tomoe sniffed the air when he smelled another presence. He started shaking and stayed close to Taka, he was really scared. The little wolf boy yanked on the guy's pants gently with his teeth and then let go. "There's something over there Taka." He said.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 10-31-2013, 03:01 AM

Taka laughed at the boy's enthusiasm. "No the meat needs to be cooked first." He had moved to begin preparing to cook the rabbits when he felt the boy tug at his pants. His head snapped up at the words and he berated himself for not hearing it sooner. He knew to rely on his senses and had never had some one sneak up on him before.

He grabbed his knife, pinching the blade between index finger and thumb, ready to throw it into the heart of who ever approached. He motioned to the boy with his other hand to be silent as his eyes scanned the forest in the direction on the rustling. Every muscle in his body was tensed in preparation for what was to come.

(Did you have an idea of who/what you want it to be? I wasn't sure if you did or if I should make something up. I can.)

rozen
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-31-2013, 04:46 AM

Tomoe stayed behind Taka. He was really scared of what it could be. The little wolf pup was shaking as he stuck right by the guy's foot. Taka would definitely protect him, right? Tomoe didn't know if he should really believe that or not.

It started to show itself, it was something big and black, it was...a panther. It wasn't growling or doing anything threatening, it was just walking, walking closer to them but it was sniffing the air, the panther was smelling the rabbit that Taka has captured. The feline licked its lips as it eyed the meat, though the fire made it weary to go after it immediately.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 10-31-2013, 04:55 AM

Taka eyed the panther, reading its body language and realized that it smelled the rabbit. He flipped his knife around in his hand an cut off a piece, tossing it out a ways from the fire. He watched the big cat move towards the meat and he relaxed, though he was constantly aware of where the cat was and its movements.

He gutted the rabbits and put them over the fire to cook. He had always enjoyed nature and wild life, perhaps that was the reason he had tossed it a bit. He moved to the river bank keeping his eye on the panther. He caught a several of fish with his bare hands and brought them up to add to the food. On the way back to the fire, he tossed one of them towards the black cat.

rozen
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-01-2013, 12:28 AM

The panther ate the rabbits given to him. After she was done, she licked his mouth and then her paws to wipe her face. She walked over close to Taka and Tomoe and transformed into a woman with long black hair, black fuzzy ears and a tail to match. Her naked body was exposed, her hair was draped over the front of her, covering up her more than ample breasts.

"Sorry, I should have asked first but I wasn't thinking. I was starving since the moment I arrived here." She let out a sigh. "My name is Kyara." She bowed lightly to Taka.

(Do you do male pregnancy? If so then I'm turning her into a him. Just let me know though.)

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 11-01-2013, 07:53 PM

(I have never done male pregnancy but I suppose we could do it if you want.)

Taka looked in surprise at the being before him. He had not expected that when he was feeding the panther. He always believed in treating nature and its animals with respect. He had seen a hungry panther, and shared his food with it. "Uh...it..its not a problem," he stuttered.

Inwardly he was shaking his head at himself. Here he was a cold, blooded killer stuttering like an adolescent youth. He quickly turned his attention to the fish and rabbit cooking over the fire, trying to hide his embarrassment. Then another thought hit him and he grabbed his cloak, offering it to the figure.

rozen
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-01-2013, 10:08 PM

(Alright. Then she is a he now! ^^)

Tomoe turned human and tugged on Taka's pant leg. "Taka, can you hold me?" He asked. The boy wanted Taka's attention, he didn't like it when someone else took it away from him, like what this panther was doing.

The guy walked over to the little boy with the wolf ears and tail. "I guess we are similar, huh little one?" He smiled as he patted the boy's head. When Taka put the cloak around the panther, he smiled. "Thank you!. What's your name?" He asked. "My name is Haru!"

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 11-01-2013, 10:13 PM

"I am Taka and this is Tomoe," he answered, picking the boy up. "You are fine young one," Taka whispered to the boy. He checked on the cooking meat and saw that is was done. "Would you care to join us for dinner," he asked Haru.

He never knew that people like this existed and now here he was, sitting around a campfire with two of them. No matter what happened though, Tomoe was his responsibility and he wasn't letting the child out of his sight. He might not be used to this but it was nice to be needed by someone.

rozen
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-02-2013, 01:46 AM

Tomoe laid his head down on Taka's shoulder. His eyelids were growing heavy and soon he was sleeping peacefully in the guy's arms, he was obviously not going to be eating for tonight unless he woke up at some point. He let out very light snoring like sounds as he slept. He had gone through so much the past two days that he rally needed some rest.

Haru looked at Taka with his golden eyes eyes widening. "Yeah! I would love to join you!" He said with excitement as he went to go sit down by the fire, though he sat back away from it a little bit. He was cautious around fire. Despite being human, he was also an animal and his animal side didn't like the fire. "Thank you! I know I'm just a stranger and yet you are very nice in letting me eat with you. Not many humans are too nice about it. And I'm really glad you didn't get scared when I transformed! I have had humans get scared of me and run away. I didn't know why until I finally figured it out on my own. But...since I saw the wolf boy with you, I thought it would be ok to transform. I have never met another being like me before." He said lowly.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 11-02-2013, 09:13 AM

Taka laughed softly. "I didn't know people like you two existed until a couple of days ago." He reached around the boy sleeping in his lap to check the food. Seeing that it was done, he pulled it off and offered some to Haru. "So what is your story?" He asked.

He started eating his fish, not bothering to wake the boy. He figured Tomoe could use the sleep and if he awoke hungry later, Taka could go find some more food. He decided that in the morning, he might go looking for a deer and try to make some jerky. That way the boy could eat anytime he was hungry.

He knew that sooner or later he was going to have to return to his employers and tell them he was done or they would soon come looking for him. But there was nothing he could do about it tonight, so he turned his attention back to his food and the man before him.

rozen
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-02-2013, 06:54 PM

Haru was resistant on telling the man about himself, he doesn't think that Taka would believe the panther, so for now, he was just going to keep quiet about it. He grabbed the meat that was offered to him and he ate it all fairly quickly. His tail was flickering happily right behind him.

The cloak started to slip off from al the movement he had just made from eating the meat he was given. It revealed his slender, pale body and many more areas that should be covered. Haru looked over at Taka and Tomoe. "Why did the two of you cover your bodies with this stuff?" He asked as he lifted up his cloak, though he was talking about clothing. "Doesn't it restrict your movements? What is it anyway? What does it do?" He asked. He brought some of it up to his nose for him to sniff.

Haru let out a yawn, though he wasn't tired, nighttime was his favorite because that's when he's mostly active. "If you need any food, just ask me and I will hunt for you. I can see perfectly in the dark....Can you see in the dark?" He asked. he wasn't sure. He knew that there were some creatures that couldn't see so that's why he was asking.

Last edited by rozen; 11-02-2013 at 06:56 PM..

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 11-02-2013, 10:06 PM

Taka laughed at the panther's questions. "I guess we were the clothes because that is what other humans expect of us. The right clothes don't restrict your movement at all. And yes I can see in the dark, maybe not as good as you but I have been trained to be able to follow a target even in the dark."

Taka noticed that Haru had avoided answering his question but he didn't push it. He knew he didn't want to share his story. Taka preferred not to share his story and his life. To many people looked at him with fear and disgust when they found out what he did. Some called him a traitor and a sell out.

Taka turned his mind to the panther's offer. "If you wanted to catch us a deer, I could dry it into jerky tomorrow. That way we will have food for travels and the boy can eat anytime he is hungry." Taka smiled down at Tomoe sleeping peacefully in his lap.