Cows Go Moo
Crouching Roleplayer Hidden Lurk...

Old 07-20-2014, 02:50 PM

CosmicFoxKitty:

"They used to tank cod from Alaska all the way to China. They’d keep them in vats in the ship. By the time the codfish reached China the flesh was mush and tasteless. So this guy came up with this idea that if you put these cods in these big vats, put some catfish in with them. And the catfish would keep the cod agile. And there are those people who are catfish in life. And they keep you on your toes, they keep you guessin’ they keep you thinkin’ they keep you fresh. And I thank god for the catfish, because we would be dull and boring if we didn’t have somebody nipping at our fin." -Vince Pierce

Quote:
My idea essentially is that Chase means to send his/her letter to someone (a friend, significant other, whatever) and the letter ends up in the hands of someone s/he doesn't know, Character B. So at first, Character B wants to send the letter back to Character A until the idea crosses his/her mind (either through a friend or just him/herself) to start masquerading as the intended receiver of Character A's letter. It's a joke at first, but things start becoming serious when Character A and B start falling for each other and Character A wants to meet online/in real life, but Character B doesn't want to break Character A's heart by telling the truth. Obviously, Character A will find out at some point (like maybe the original, intended receiver of the letter visits Character A) s/he has to decide whether to continue writing to Character B, get revenge, or stop responding altogether.

Last edited by Cows Go Moo; 07-22-2014 at 01:12 AM..

Cows Go Moo

Old 07-22-2014, 01:10 AM

A Bored Gamer Takes Things IRL

General Information
Country - USA
Full Name - Irena Santiago (calls herself "Rena" online)
Gender - Female
Age - 20 (?)
Eye Color - Blue
Hair Color - Blue
Height - 5'6"
Body Type - Lithe

Personality
Loyal/Motherly: Those who can get past all the "me, me, me" can usually find a friend who is willing to give them basic advice on anything from gameplay to real life issues. I've made a lot of connections throughout my years of gaming and I do my best in order to keep in touch with anyone that tickles my fancy. I'm no stranger to feeling isolated from others so I can understand the need for friendship and sustained ones at that.

Playful: Both my online and offline personas have an edge of playfulness to them. If I get into a PvP match I'm the type that will be cordial and trade as many quips as I do attacks. I love verbal battles as much as I do virtual ones so I respect those who can keep up with me or make a fight close, contacting them even post battle if I feel that they might make a good friend.

Organized: I'm good at managing both my time and my belongings, keeping my surroundings tidy. I believe that a clean environment begets a clean mind, which is why I'll devote extra time to making sure that my work area (and even bed) is made relatively well. Admittedly, this can be a detriment since I'll spend quite a long time organizing my items and stats to my liking, but I won't fault others for not doing the same. It is simply a quirk of mine to give me peace of mind.

Capricious: What can I say? I've played this game for so, so long that I've decided to make a new account. It's gotten boring playing a single class so why not try out more of them? I feel the same way about life too. Trust me, this isn't the only game I play. If it were, I'd be bored to tears. Doing one thing over and over again isn't dedication, it's insanity. Sure, it's nice to become skilled at a single thing (and many games encourage this as well), but it certainly doesn't lead to a fruitful life, merely a boring one. Perhaps that's why I dip myself into so many activities. I get bored too easily.

Proud: I'm arrogant, but only because I deserve it. I've got good grades, good fitness, and even good work ethic! I worked hard to get where I am today so hell if I'm going to keep quiet about it. If someone challenges me, I'm ready to fight. I love competition because it motivates me to do even better and work even harder, so sue me if I act like I'm tough shit. My avatar might not look the part but I am more than willing to prove that be in combat, over webcam, or real life you're willing to meet up. I'm a firm believer in backing up one's accusations and anyone who can't do so should concede defeat. It's only fair no?

Judgmental: While I might not say it out loud I'm probably secretly judging you.You don't want to take advice from me? Fine, but don't expect me to look at you as the better person. People who are stagnant and revel in self-pity are not worth my time. Everyone has problems but how they deal with them is what determines their worth in my eyes. Certainly I have my own issues, but when I do I ask for advice and then follow it. I don't fish for sympathy or write my problems off to external factors, tempting as that may be. My pride stems from the standards that I set for myself and my ability to meet them. If I can't then I only have myself to blame.

Past:
History - Time is a diminishing resource. Since I was a child I've always been on the move, shuffled from one sort of practice to another be it soccer, violin, or school. My parents wanted me to be diverse in my interests since they knew that college was a hard to get into these days. They wanted to give me a good future, one where I wouldn't have to work several jobs to scrape by or have to live with my parents past the age of thirty. In that regard they did well to make sure that I was always on task, always managing my time even if it meant that my social life wasn't the greatest. Everything felt timed, even the various hangouts I had with friends. It wasn't a bad thing per se, it taught me a lot about responsibility and time management but being the ungrateful teenager that I was I butted heads with them.

We would argue nearly daily and there were times that I contemplated running away, but my friends (online ones) were able to talk me down and helped me stick it out until graduation. It was only when I got into college (UC San Diego holla~) that I realized what they were doing for me. They taught me to live with purpose and put every minute of my life to use because I wouldn't always have it. I wouldn't always get more time to be the best in my class or set the curve. However much time I had now was the amount of time I was stuck with so I ought to put it to use. Around the same time I got into NMO and made my first character, a warrior if you're curious. I remember spending countless nights leveling him and having fun, but after maxing out him level I got bored, not of NMO but just warriors in general (bless his soul he was quite the caster) but I didn't want to finish the game, not yet. One of my newer friends was only recently getting into the game and wanted a mentor so I decided that the best way to help him was to make a new character and party up with him. Of course he quit a month later, but I kept the healer nonetheless and decided to forgo a new path with her, one where I would just have some fun with the crop of newbies entering NMO.

Thoughts - This game is certainly fun, more than your usual Ragnarock-Warcraft-Perfect World rip off/mod. I don't know that I enjoy it as much as MOBAs or RTS games, but the community (by far) is much nicer. I've met a few close friends here, but I can't really talk to them on here in fear of the mods connection me with my old character.

Dream - I want to have a fulfilling life. I don't want to be ninety and be full of regret at how little I've done.

If you draw me an OC I'll love you forever <3 OC Requests!

CosmicFoxKitty
The Awkward

Penpal

Old 07-25-2014, 12:07 AM

Chase Alexander RyderX

Bio is there and a few reference pictures [here], the password is Menewsha

Chase sat there at his writing desk, looking at the blank piece of paper, tapping his head with the ink pen. Sighing he ran a hand on his purple Mohawk to see if it was still standing up at least a little; Putting gel in right after he showers was not the best idea, it makes it look kind of funny. Biting the end of his pen he sighed and face planted into his desk. 'I don't know why it's so hard to write a dumb letter to an old friend and crush... What if they don't even remember me... It was in elementary school.' He thought to himself as he picked up his head again. "Okay, I have to do this. I mean I don't have to but I should." Feeling stupid he started writing;

Dear Catherine,

I don't know if you remember me, I knew you when we were pretty young... I know this letter is out of the blue but I can't help it. I was in the middle of a match and I swear I saw you sitting close to the ring. I know this is weird and probably creepy but I just wanted to say that you popped into my mind. I hope that you get back to me, I'd love to learn who you've become and what's been going on in your life.

I'm not doing much, just doing MMA fighting and graphic design, that sounds like a really weird combination I know. But you know; I was always into art. I remember that I would always draw with you in the table at the back because we weren't fond of everyone back then.

While I've been growing up I've been hit by a semi and barely lived past it... There is a huge ugly scar on my front and back on the right shoulder. It's not pretty in the least. I also got my own place and my own motorcylce like the one I wanted as a kid. Okay, this is probably really weird so I shall cut it off here for now.. I hope you are doing well and I can't wait to see if you reply.

Sincerely,
Chase Alexander Ryder

Sighing as he finished his letter, groaning at how weird he thought it sounded. Licking the envelope quickly as to not loose the courage he had. Getting up from his writing table he put a stamp on it and wrote the address on it and all the other necessary stuff. Walking to his door he took a deep breath, "I'm not weird, this is normal, I'm okay." Thinking it was weird he had to pep talk himself. As he walked down the stairs and finally came to the community mailbox he slid the letter in his compartment knowing the mail would run soon. Getting back upstairs he stared at the television blankly, wondering if he would get a reply or not. Sighing as he looked at the time and stood up to go get ready for bed, soon he went to bed.

Cows Go Moo

Old 07-25-2014, 04:29 AM

Irena opened the mailbox and frowned as she saw a flood of advertisements, packets, and magazines spill from her apartment mailbox. The poor thing was only six inches in height and length and perhaps a foot in width. It had obviously not been opened in more than two weeks since her housemates were either huge homebodies or social butterflies. Irena wasn't one to shy away from a good party (or Netflix binge), but when she was the only one taking care of chores, it got irritating. Nonetheless she carried the mail (including the package she had been expecting) up to her three bedroom flat and tossed the papers into a corner in favor of her box. She was looking forward to finally getting her Turtle Beach headset and not having to deal with her laptop picking up ambient noise when she was talking her friends.

"Ah, it's everything I thought it would be!" she exclaimed as she clutched the headphones in her arm.

"Yeah, yeah we get you're a nerd," a white-haired girl piped in, "anything from Scott?"

"Uh no."

"You didn't even check."

"No, but if I find something you'll be the first person I tell!"

Scott was Katherine's, the white-haired girl's, long distance boyfriend of two years. Unlike most couples who chatted over webcam and visited each other, they went the extra mile of sending packages and handwriting letters so that they had something "tangible". Irena didn't really see the difference between writing letters and text messages, but she didn't question it all that much.

"Hey Kathy I found something," Irena announced, handing a small envelope to her housemate.

With a squeal, Katherine tore through the letter...only to be met with disappointment.

"Hey this isn't mine! The heck did you give me Rena?" Katherine asked, handing back the letter.

She was right. The letter, though addressed to them, was meant for Catherine with a "C" and signed by someone named "Chase Alexander Ryder" (stupid name).

"I'll send it back then or something," Irena shrugged.

Eventually she did find Scott's letter, but Chase's letter was still in her hands. Despite it being a federal crime, Irena couldn't resist the curiosity of what the man had written and even who this Catherine woman was. The letter characterized her as an old friend who Chase probably liked.

Or perhaps he was just socially awkward?

He was probably socially awkward.

Setting the letter down on her desk, Irena wanted to pretend that she would seal the letter up and send it back to Chase, but she knew that things weren't so simple. Outside of getting her headset, her month had been pretty boring. From a professor who couldn't emote to save his life to the intramural sport hiatus, the letter was strangely comforting. More than cheering her up, it piqued her interest. How would Chase react if she sent a letter back as Catherine? Would he believe it or think that some creep was playing a trick on him? Catfishing him?

She would have to find out.

But how does this girl even write like?

Dear Chase,

Alright you caught me. I was the one at your MMA match. I had been in town visiting a few mates of mine and they invited me. It's just been so long that I had almost forgotten what you looked like! I was so surprised to see you that I didn't really know what to say. You really changed from when we were younger. I admit that I haven't been the best at keeping up with everybody from elementary school, but I've really missed you. I mean look at you! You've grown up from that little kid who used to draw in class all the time.

Nowadays I'm studying at the university, trying to finish up my degree. I'm going to be an architect, would you believe that? Not quite graphic design, but still pretty neat right? I didn't think that it was the right path for me, but after studying abroad in France I knew that was what I wanted to do. The Eiffel tower is way more gorgeous in person than in photographs!

Oh gosh, here I am rambling about what I did in France when you just told me about the scars of your past (no pun intended). I'm really sorry to hear that. I wish I could have been there to help you through it all, but I'm glad that you're in a good place now! I can't say the same for me since I'm still living with a bunch of housemates in a college town, but at least I have a long board right?

Best wishes & looking forward to hearing back from you,

Catherine

Irena dropped her pen and laid down her head. This would be the only time. Chase wouldn't reply to a letter so obviously forged would he? She kind of hoped that he would.

Last edited by Cows Go Moo; 07-25-2014 at 04:37 AM..

CosmicFoxKitty
The Awkward

Penpal

Old 07-30-2014, 02:23 AM

Chase opened his mailbox slot on his way up to his apartment, groceries in hand. Flipping through a few bills he sighed, that is until he saw the letter to Catherine. Smirking he walked up the stairs and finally entered his own flat. Sighing he put the letter and the bills on the coffee table and started putting up his groceries. With the letter sitting there only a few feet away his mind wondered what she wrote. After what seemed like forever Chase sat down on the couch and read the letter over a few times; getting up he walked to the writing desk in his "office" Laying down a fresh piece of paper he pulled out a pen and started to write his reply.

Catherine,

You should have stayed and tried to see me after, we have a lot of catching up to do! Truth be told I didn't think you would reply since we lost contact... How long ago was that? I remember we wrote for a little while, or was that our friend Daniella? Now I feel so rude to have forgotten which one it was. Please forgive me if it was Daniella.

Ah, France, never really wanted to go there. I'm more of the Ireland, Greece, and Italy kind of guy. I'd love to travel there and look at the art in general. Plus I want to try authentic food. That's weird I suppose. It's really cool that you got to go abroad though! Did you try any weird foods? I here there is a lot of weird and nasty foods there. Here I go, rambling about food. I feel rather silly.

Well, a lot of stuff happened after my mother died. And it was hard but I wouldn't change a thing, it's made me who I am today; You know? So don't be sorry. What do you mean you still live with a bunch of housemates? How many do you have? Ha! I think long boarding is cool but I don't think I've tried it honestly. I have regular skateboard but that's similar right?

What are some of your favorite things? With that question I will stop writing before I ramble on and on again.

I'm glad you responded,
Chase Alexander Ryder

Re-reading over his letter he growled and scratched the back of his neck. "I might as well just get it sent off." He mumbled to himself. Sighing he slipped his letter into the envelope and sealed it, placing a stamp on the front of it he wrote out the address. Getting up he slowly walked down the steps. "I feel stupid sending a letter like this. But I'm pretty old school about things... and it was the only thing I could get, no phone number, nothing." Sighing he walked down the stairs to put the letter in the box it was suppose to go in and the walked slowly back up to his flat. Grumbling about how stupid he sounded Chase decided to take a hot shower then go to bed.

Cows Go Moo

Old 07-31-2014, 04:37 AM

"Rena I thought you sent the letter back already! What's this doing here again?" Katherine asked, showing her housemate an envelope.

"Wait, let me see that," Irena asked, "oh that's so weird! I guess he didn't get the message the first time."

If her fake ignorance was obvious Katherine didn't care because she simply rolled her eyes.

"Whatever. Just tell this guy that Catherine doesn't live here anymore."

Irena nodded and swiveled back to her desk, feeling both scared and excited that he took the bait so readily. How long had it been? A week? A month? It was so hard to tell! As she expected, he still sounded dorky in his letter, but it was dorky in a cute way. It was like he was talking to an old flame...except for the part where he wasn't. He was writing to a girl that once existed but is now played by Irena. Good going.

But how to respond? The last time she'd vacationed in France was two years ago, but that was under entirely different circumstances than studying abroad. Ah yes, she remembered the utter look of disgust she had when her parents ate escargot for the first time and her subsequent self-loathing when she realized that it wasn't that bad. It was just...too hard to handle. Still, she supposed that remembering the food would be enough to satisfy Chase's questions and if she played her cards right, she could redirect the topic to him.

"Wait who is Daniella?"

She paused for a second, spinning the pen between her fingers, but quickly shrugged it off.

Dear Chase,

I'm honestly not sure either! I remember sending you a letter or two and trying to contact Daniella, but she always seems to be too busy to send anything back. It's understandable with the way life has turned out, but I'm sure she'll get back to me. I mean look at us, we've gone from not speaking at all to starting off letters with one another about our lives. It's not how I imagined getting back into contact, but I like the old school touch.

Oh and speaking of old school, you should still go check out some of France's older monuments even if you ARE an "Ireland, Greece, Italy" guy. Then again, you're much more well traveled than I am. It makes me wonder where else you've been Mr. Anthony Bourdain. I've only ever been to France and most of the time we spent in school, but when we DID try food, well you would not believe some of the weirdly expensive things they have. Some places serve tetines (cow udder) did you know that? And escargot? Eugh, I can't believe I ate that...and liked it. I think though, the weirdest thing my French buddies tried to make me eat was casgiu merzu. Imagine this nice, big wheel of cheese for all your friends and family being wheeled in and it starts being scooped out (because it's a soft cheese) and spread around your crackers, bread, and boom. You see all these white maggots wiggling around. It was pretty much the one thing I couldn't stomach on my trip.

Oh fun fact: apparently this originated in Italy, not France so your move Italy boy!

Anyway, it's pretty cool that you turned your life around and things are looking good for you. I mean it seems like a better story than hearing me babble around about going back to school and living in an apartment for four. It's pretty much just me, the semi-active one, two homebodies, and a girl that's basically never around. I guess I can't talk though since when I'm not studying, I'm doing sports/longboarding (which I guess is kind of like skateboarding but not really) and when I'm not doing that it's reading.

Now that I've gotten that off my chest, you definitely need to tell me about your life!

Sincerely,

Catherine

Your move indeed. Now that she added a bit more personality to the letter would he remember who Catherine was, or keep playing along?