Tachigami
It's quiet, now.
Send a message via AIM to Tachigami

Old 06-23-2014, 05:12 AM

Char shook his head hard. "Ugh, don't say it like that... And don't call it a ghost! It was a dream! Just a dream, because we both got paranoid. Because there was that random cold draft yesterday. I screwed around with you and then karma came back a bit me for doing that." He shook his head, trying to get the thought of the ghost out of his head again, but failing even as he found a parking place close by June's. "Let's just forget about it, yeah? I hate remembering that face... it was weird." He blinked hard. That face was ridiculously young, as if it didn't have an age, but was neither here nor there. No lines indicating age, or lack thereof. As if it were immortal, of a sort. What a creepy dream, to follow him even when the sound of the ocean was invading his ears when he opened his door.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-23-2014, 05:51 AM

"Fine fine...it was just a dream," Shin said, holding his hands up as if in a peace gesture. He was fine with not talking about the ghost/dream whatever, but he didn't think he would forget even though it didn't happen to him. Shin thought he was the paranoid one but he didn't have a weird dream. Laughing a bit, he added in one last thing on the subject. "Maybe you should hang garlic over the door like google informed me. No ghosts visited me!" he exclaimed as they came to a park. Just a little teasing payback for yesterday. He stepped out and stretched with the ocean scent all around him. "Ahh...I forgot how nice it is around here." Although it hadn't really been long.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 06-23-2014, 05:58 AM

"Garlic...?" Char gave Shin an incredulous look. He thought garlic was used to deter vampires in most lore, but if it worked against ghosts, then why not. "I thought pure rock salt helped..." He hadn't done actual research on the subject, but the idea of a ghost was intriguing as a fictional concept. He could work on something regarding ghost hunters, perhaps. Or exorcists. He liked both ideas. Shrugging the thought away, he stepped onto the sidewalk with Shin and nodded, stretching upward. "It's nice to be back, yeah?" He asked. "Too long. I did promise June we wouldn't stay away too long." He smiled at the little building just nearby, and its host of beautiful windows that showed a flawless sight. "I bet she'll jump you. She fell for you the moment she saw you." He leaned sideways, nudging Shin with his elbow.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-23-2014, 07:14 AM

Shin nodded his head vigorously. "I swear that's what I read in the first link that came up. Right next to hanging up an upside down horseshoe and since I don't have any of those....hm, rock salt..." he trailed off as he very nearly considered trying that next. He had to shake the thought away. He was going to get smacked by at least one person if he kept up this superstitious silliness, but Char's dream only put his thoughts on hyperdrive. Walking with his hands in his pockets, he headed for the right building. Giving a little pout, He nudged Char back. "Ah really? That's just my natural charm!" He made a motion toward himself as if were some chic model. "But I missed this place."

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 06-24-2014, 04:20 AM

Char laughed and shook his head. "Oh, your natural charm." He nodded. "Because all that frowning really screams 'charming individual'." He let that slide, though, so he wouldn't receive any more glares as they started walking under the shade-producing awnings. They found themselves at the door of June's quickly, and stepped into the cooler interior. Before Char could call out, the same little woman came sprinting across the floor to them and sweeping them into a hug that crushed all three together.

"Oh Cherry and Shin! I'm so glad to see you two back!" Her bright eyes sparkled with tears of happiness. "It's been long enough! Come on, come on, follow me! How are you two?" She walked backward with a practice ability, sensing whatever was in her way and sidestepping. "Cherry, you two together yet?" She then put on an expression as though she'd let slip some launch codes for the world's nuclear missiles as Char gave her a narrow stare. "Oh whatever, come on then." She turned back and bounced across the floor.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-24-2014, 05:31 AM

Shin let out a huff and frowned until he realized he was proving Char's point. He did not frown that much, at least around Char. The whole statement was bogus. He loved to smile. Shin was still stuck on trying to put a smile on his face when they entered the little restaurant and suddenly they were squished in a hug. He coughed out in surprise before being let of of again. Though he rolled his eyes, he couldn't help but return June's bright smile. "Hey June. It's good to see you too," he said as he followed the woman to a little table. Shin blinked his eyes, a little confused as he sat down. Him and Char...together? Surely she didn't mean it like that. He shook his head and decided not to think about it.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 06-24-2014, 05:58 AM

Char let himself breathe easily. Why did June bring up such sensitive subjects in the presence of both parties? Reese at least had the kindness and presence of mind to not burst out about Char's crushes in the presence of said crush. But was that what it was? He shook his head and joined Shin at the table they had last time, with the bright view of the ocean and sand. June pulled a single booklet out of her apron and handed it to Shin. "So I assume you already know what you want." She looked at Char knowingly, and he nodded sheepishly. "Ah, I figured! You're sooo predictable, sweetie. So, Shin, do you want a little time? And the usual drinks? I got it all up here." She tapped her forehead with one of her long fingers, and Char laughed, nodding slightly.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-24-2014, 06:47 AM

Shin nodded too as he took the booklet. "I'll take a minute to look through again," he said. Who knew, he might try something different. He could be pretty predictable though, keeping to the same dish once he found something he liked. Soup did sound good though. He hummed as he turned his attention to the food choices. Soup, soup...he did like potatoes. It only took him a quick glance to decide he wanted that. When June flounced away to go get their drinks, Shin looked up with a raised eyebrow at Char. "She says interesting things doesn't she?"

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 06-24-2014, 07:13 AM

Char watched June run off, full of energy as she pinballed between tables on her way, then slowly turned to focus on Shin. "Ah? Um, yeah... she does say some... interesting things." He shrugged a bit, laughing the comment off and staring out the window. "Hey..." He leaned his elbow on the table. "I still have that origami you made." He wasn't sure why he remembered it now. Perhaps it was because Shin made it while sitting right there, and he'd brought it with him before moving out of his apartment. Which he was glad he had now, more than ever, because that fire still tickled his memory from time to time.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-25-2014, 05:17 AM

Shin nodded and turned to look out the window was well. He perked up when the origami was mentioned and turned back to Char. "Really? That's...cool." He felt strangely flattered although it was just a paper crane. He could make them in a minutes time and he couldn't care less when his bandmates or old school friends took theirs home. This made it feel like the crane was special, and maybe it was. He was the same way, giving specialness to things from Char. "I have that drawing you did of me, come to think of it. I wanted to put it on the wall."

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 06-26-2014, 02:06 AM

Char brightened noticeably when Shin mentioned the picture. He had forgotten that picture, forgotten drawing it. But now he recalled, and smiled when he thought about it. "Wow, really... I'm really glad you like it that much." He bit his lip to tone down the grin into a smile as June returned with two glasses, setting them down and giving each of them a wide smile. "So, boys, anything on your mind? Usual for Cherry, but how about you, young'in?" She turned her bright smile to Shin and pulled her notebook from a pocket.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-26-2014, 04:57 AM

Shin rolled his eyes. "Of course I like it. It's really cool!" He never had someone draw him like that and honestly, he'd keep anything Char gave him. The drawing just happened to be a very good sort of thing to keep. For a second, he wondered why he thought this way, but June came back and interrupted his thoughts. Shin smiled brightly in response. "I'm thinking of the potato soup," he said as he passed over the menu and took a sip of his water. He traced the rim of his glass as he turned back to look at Char, still thinking about the drawing.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 06-26-2014, 05:05 AM

June made a low sound, nodding her appreciation. "Some of the best stuff we got here!" She laughed, and Char rolled his eyes. She quickly mended her words: "Ooh, I mean, of course I'd say that, sweetie, I own the place! Ha, well, I'll head off, you'll have your soups in no less than ten minutes!" When she bounded off, Char smiled and turned back to Shin. "I've always wondered about folding paper. I could never even make a paper airplane that'd keep air for more than a few seconds. Or that wouldn't dive-bomb immediately after I throw it..." He laughed and shrugged. "But I guess you can't be good at everything, eh?" He glanced down at his fingers, flexing them.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-26-2014, 05:29 AM

It really amazed Shin how a woman like June could have so much energy. He was young and he couldn't even be like that often. Pulling a paper napkin toward him, he folded the thing into a simple child's plane and sent it spinning toward Char. "But it's all just following the instructions. It's not very organic. Just fold exactly and it will work. Well, it's easier to learn by watching. I never could read the diagrams that come in origami kits." Somehow the little arrows just left him confused and he'd mess up on something he already knew how to do if he tried to do it by following a cheat sheet. He really never thought his bored hobby was anything impressive except that a lot of people seemed to think it was.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 07-01-2014, 02:18 AM

Char caught the floppy little plane and set it in front of him as though a simple word would send it flying toward Shin. "Well, I guess I've never been that good at forming things with my hands. Clay, paper, Play-Doh, it all just turns into a big ball at the end of the day." He shrugged, flattening out the little plane since it wouldn't last more than a few minutes anywhere outside. "I think I'd rather paint and draw, really. Actually... I have a painting to finish later today, maybe..." He bit his lip and stared down, looking up through his hair. "Decided I'd paint that sketch I did of you..."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-01-2014, 03:45 AM

"That's strange," Shin said with a chuckle. "You're so good at art you'd think that means you're good with your hands. Not even play-doh?" He shook his head at the thought. Of course Shin's idea of playing with play-doh was to purposely make a ball of it. He watched Char with his head propped up on his hand, a distant kind of smile on his face. The poor little plan got flattened which was probably for the best. It was better suited as a napkin. When the drawing was mentioned, he quickly perked up. "Oh really? How much have you painted so far? I'd love to see it!"

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 07-06-2014, 01:52 AM

Char laughed and shrugged. "I like the stuff, play-doh, but I prefer it as a stress ball. It crumbles so easily when it's dry, too." He looked out the window, staring almost entranced at the sand and water. It looked like a moving photograph, and never got boring. He looked back, blinking, and bit his lip. "Well, ah, it's not... I don't have too much done... Just the background and basic outline... I might get it done in a few days, tops..." He suddenly felt self-conscious, as if he were being asked to show much more than a painting. But it was rather special to him, and took more time than any of his book pages. He just wanted it to be perfect, and because of that dedication, it felt almost concerning to show off his paintings in lieu of his drawings.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-06-2014, 02:15 AM

Shin didn't even remember the last time he played with play-doh. He wouldn't put it past Lee to have something like that stowed away, but someone like him wouldn't keep it around. Dancing was his stress ball along with music. He tilted his head as he watched Char talk about the painting. He was always plenty happy to show Shin pages from his book, but he sounded nervous over this. Shin didn't know what to make of it. "But you'll let me see it right? When you're done at least," he added with a smile. It made him happy just thinking about it after all. He'd never survive not being able to see the painting.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 07-07-2014, 07:24 PM

Char opened his mouth, closed it, then opened it again, giving up and shrugging. "Well, I dunno... I mean, yeah, I'll show you, of course! I just meant, I haven't really... painted in a while, so I'm just kind of worried that it might not turn out well... Or I might get carried away and forget who I'm painting and make it end up a bit... erm... different?" Recalling his painting, it wasn't Shin that he saw as he filled everything in. It was a form. A sleeping, prone form that was light and delicate and almost innocent. He'd painted these types of things before, drew them even, but if he lost himself, he might spare decency, and that meant an awkward receiving. But then, since when had he ever felt awkward about it?

He sighed inwardly. Since he thought of Shin as a very good friend, bordering on crush. Maybe that was it, though. A crush. He'd never admit it---maybe to Reese, but the bastard couldn't keep a secret. He could just imagine his first meeting with Shin after having heard Char's extremely embarrassing admission: "Oh hi Shin! Oh my Gawd I'm such a fan, I know you're gonna go places! Oh, by the way, Char told me he's got a giant thing for Shin, isn't that great!?" He shuddered, looking up to Shin. "Um, well, I just hope you like purple... And dark red..." He said through a dry mouth that even downing half his coffee couldn't cure.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-20-2014, 10:49 PM

Shin tilted his head as he watched Char. Wasn't he acting just a little strange over this painting? Shin didn't want him to be uncomfortable or worried over sharing it, but he so badly wanted to see. "Different? You're just overreacting aren't you?" he said with a sigh. Just the drawing made him feel special. He loved that feeling. Chuckling slightly, he shook his head at Char's panicked expression. That look was far more amusing than it should have been. "Don't worry so much. If it's you, I'll be happy no matter what." What a stupid thing to say, but a true thing none the less.

Right then, June came back, soup bowls in each hand. "Here you boys go!" she exclaimed as she set the soups in front of them with a flourish.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 08-03-2014, 10:59 PM

Char smiled at June when she returned, glad for her presence nearby. She was the best grandmotherly type he could ever ask for. "Overreacting?" He blinked and shook his head hard. "No way in hell! I'm seriously kind of worried about how it'll come out... Maybe I'm reacting totally normally." He nodded curtly and picked up his spoon, stirring it through his soup carefully. "Maybe less normal as far as you're concerned. You haven't seen me freak out properly. Ask Johnny and he'll tell you about it..." Char cringed and shook his head. "God... First rejection letter made me flip out, but the second was an acceptance, and between the two I don't think I ate or slept... So be glad you're not seeing tired, hungry Char that's been overworking himself trying to get this thing done as well as possible."

And he was an even bigger ass than he normally was, which was saying something.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-07-2014, 02:01 AM

A large smile cracked over Shin's face and he dropped his head into his hand, a laugh making its way through. He mostly covered up the laughter though, even if his smile could easily be seen between his fingers. "Sorry, sorry! I didn't know you could freak out to that degree," he exclaimed. Shin was doing his best to imagine that Char described to him. Somehow rather than being an image or someone irritating or acting like an ass, Shin found the idea likable. Or, sort of likable. He'd probably get himself into trouble messing around with Char when he was like that. "But I still think you have the talent that you shouldn't need to freak." He finally shifted his attention to the soup and took a sip with a sigh of bliss. It felt so good to eat.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 08-16-2014, 10:15 PM

Char smirked, rolling his eyes. He couldn't exactly get mad at Shin for laughing, after all, because when he looked back on his antics, he felt embarrassed for himself. "Well... At least I know I'm good enough to keep people interested now." He admitted, looking down at his bowl and going quiet for a moment, reveling in the taste of June's soup. If only he hadn't been away so long. It felt like leaving home for ages. "But that doesn't mean I won't get scared. Worried that someone's going to just hate something I do. I guess it's worse when I actually care about the person I'm showing my work to, y'know?" He shrugged. That was a stupid thing to say. He did care about Shin but in what way? That brought up questions in his mind that Char wasn't necessarily prepared to actively focus on.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-17-2014, 12:03 AM

Shin tinged slightly pink and dropped his eyes. It was only a moment of strangeness before he continued with eating. "Hm..is that so?" He kept staring down at his soup, not sure if he wanted to grin like an idiot or what. So he just sat there nodding. It should not have made him so happy to hear Char say he cared. If course Shin knew they were friends. That meant something. Maybe he could get this happy because he never had such a good friend before and he still wasn't used to being something to someone. He scooped up another spoonful of soup and his grin returned. Another topic of conversation would do them well. "You know, Kris has been saying if we reach our album sale goals, we're going to party all night. I know he has a plan because he keeps grinning like he's insane. Won't share this plan though."