Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 09-30-2013, 04:14 AM

Rem placed his bowl next to Xyler's then stood up to stretch. He found himself smiling at the kind gestures and even decided that he would change into the offered pajamas though he normally wouldn't. He felt bad since the other man was being so nice and Rem was just being weird and dismissing the kindness. "Thank you. You're really a nice guy to help me out like this," he said, smiling more than he did even on the best of days. "Good night."

Immy
Winter Is Here...I think...

Penpal

Old 10-06-2013, 03:24 AM

"Oh don't worry about it, it's nothing" Xyler waved off since that was his way of saying 'you're welcome' he was a bit odder than most people, but, he was a careless or more like laid back type of person. Xyler changed into pajama pants and a tight t-shirt, he didn't feel like sleeping in a baggy shirt tonight, especially if it would stay cold. 'Hm, the fire would go out in a little bit, maybe I should bring out the comforter' Xyler thought to himself while heading to another room which mostly consisted of alot of junk. Opening a wooden, closet door, he picked out a dark blue comforter with little stars that almost resembled dots or snowflakes. 'This should work' an hour later after cleaning up, the fire had gone out, and Xyler's candles were blown out as a safety hazard.

Moving into the living room Xyler yawned as quietly as he could laying the comforter across the sleeping boy and the cats. While sitting there in the dark he started to remember something...he couldn't focus and if he tried too hard he could lose his train of thought. Not closing his eyes he started to get curious, this wasn't the first time it happened, and he had dreams before he always wanted to remember about someone. Though it was a dream so he figured it wasn't real or never would be. 'What can't I remember?' he asked himself lost in thought as he moved his left hand to reach out to Rem, but, stopped pulling his hand back.

As soon as he closed his eyes, he felt something similar appear in his mind, a memory or something, but, it was lost as soon as it appeared. 'Come on think, think, think' he scolded himself in his mind once more. Eventually he gave himself a headache figuring it wasn't worth trying anymore, he laid down next to Rem pushing the blankets closer to the boy so he could lay on the sheets, and soon he was fast asleep. His mind was calm, his heart was racing, and there was something...a dream began.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-06-2013, 04:24 AM

Rem curled up on the couch under a blanket. He didn't expect to sleep well, but he couldn't help but feel comfortable and the fire created a soft crackling sound. There was something to the smell of the clothes Xyler had offered him that pulled him swiftly into the dream world. The smell was familiar and safe, though he had no idea why, and they lead to a dream with the same feeling.

The dream continued that way and Rem snuggled closer to a nearby warmth as he slept. The formless good dream started to morph and twist though, becoming darker and more harsh. "Wait...where are you going? Uhn....no...too dangerous," Rem moaned. Hands reached out towards him and pulled him back when he tried to following the back retreating far away from him. He curled up tighter, tears prickling the corners of his eyes as he tried to suck in a breath. It was the same in his dream as in his physical body. Just a feeling of rising panic and sorrow that tried to sink him.

Rem woke with a start. He was aware of the faint morning light too his left...normally it would be to his right wouldn't it? He refused to open his eyes, perhaps a little scared to. He clutched hold of warm fabric in front of him, not knowing that it was Xyler's shirt.

Immy

Penpal

Old 10-06-2013, 05:10 AM

Xyler could hear something in the distant within his mind, he figured he was still awake until his dream changed. Why was he backing away from someone? What did he do and why were they so scared of something? Confusion formed in his dream as the other disappeared while he searched around frantically not speaking in his dream. He was good at controlling his dreams, however, not very good with speaking in them. Acting with more physical movements than sounds he tried running to different areas, almost as if he was flying around, and then it faded to black as he felt something near him.

He wasn't always woken up easily, there was time he would refuse to wake up, and right now he just wanted to go back to his dream. During the middle of the night while dreaming, Xyler had wrapped his arms around Rem not realizing it, and slept until the sunlight woke him up. He felt happy, yet, he didn't exactly know why. How could he feel happy after sleeping with a dream without answers?

Snuggling closer, he then realized he was sleeping next to Rem, and he was fearful. What if the boy woke up and realized they were too close, he would probably hit him or freak out. Xyler couldn't move though, if he did surely the boy would wake up, maybe he should pretend to be asleep, but, he wasn't very good at pretending like that. Then he felt his shirt being clutched onto, instead of asking if the boy was alright, he kissed his forehead hoping he wouldn't freak out about it, and kept his arms around him.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-06-2013, 05:48 AM

Rem felt warmth at his forehead and he was curious, not exactly sure what the cause of it was. The feeling calmed him though and slowly he opened his eyes. He found his face inches from another person and he looked up to catch sight of Xyler's face in surprise. Rem's brow furrowed as he murmured questioningly.

"What? Why are you...?" Then he realized that had one hand tightly clasping Xyler's shirt. He let go, but he didn't pull away even as he ducked his head to hide the pink he knew would soon be tinging his cheeks. He was drowsy and his head hurt and he could still feel the vestigial horror of his dream. It wasn't usual for him to have nightmares. In fact, he'd been having variations of this dream ever since he could remember, though this was the first time he had gotten so close to what he felt like was the end of the dream. Always, his dream would end earlier and he almost wished it had this time as well. He didn't think he would like the ending.

Immy

Penpal

Old 10-06-2013, 10:21 PM

"You're still tired, just go back to sleep for a little longer" Xyler hushed the younger one closing his eyes keeping his arms around him surprised that he wasn't being hit or that the boy was freaking out yet. He liked it, Xyler wasn't always a calm free person around people, and being a people's person wasn't him. He could deal with people, idiots, and such, however, cats were his favorite or any animal practically.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-06-2013, 10:37 PM

Rem couldn't resist Xyler's calm words. It was true, he was still tired. He found his eyes slipping closed again. "Hmkay..." he muttered before he slipped back into the realm of sleep. Thankfully this time he didn't fall into a dream, but just a light and fulfilling rest. It was still early. He could afford a few more minutes of sleep couldn't he? Though he did wonder why he was feeling so completely comfortable now. Probably on any other day he would have run off. Today he just wanted to sleep.

Immy

Penpal

Old 10-06-2013, 10:47 PM

Xyler fell asleep about the same time or at least around the same time that Rem had. Some reason he had wished or hoped...his train of thought ended as he was swept away into the land of dreams.

Xyler sat on a grassy hill in some far country he couldn't recall nor did he try. The grass was gently moving in the wind as the sun shown down upon him while he sat next to someone, hand in hand "You know, I'm glad after all this time that we found some time to spend together" Xyler had spoken in the dream, he seemed slightly different than he was now, seeing that his hair was a bit past in shoulders, and loose against the wind. It was a breezy spring day as he sat next to someone with his hand on theirs

what Xyler didn't know was that he was sharing a dream...with Rem. "Are you alright, love?" Xyler in the dream asked as he smiled turning to face the person, however, he couldn't see them, only a shadow as they sat under a tree in the distant a shadow in a dream indicates something or someone forgotten.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-06-2013, 11:09 PM

The dream didn't stay away for long though. Like always, it slipped down like a watery curtain over his consciousness.

Rem found himself sitting under a tree with sunlight filtering through the thick canopy. He was instantly aware that he was not alone. He turned his head to look at the person smiling without having to think about it. The sun sat right behind the other person though and he had to look away quickly, only catching the most cursory of information about them. The familiarity overwhelmed him and he spoke words that seemed to come to his mind without even thinking.

"I'm wonderful. I'm so happy. It feels like it's been forever since I saw you, though I'm sure it was only half of that time," he said with a chuckle. He was aware in the back of his mind that this was a dream. He saw through his own eyes as usual so it was hard to discern anything about himself, but he thought his voice sounded different and he caught sight of hair out of the corner of his eye in a style that was not familiar. He just kept smiling though.

Immy

Penpal

Old 10-06-2013, 11:45 PM

Xyler leaned in closer to the other, a smile still on his face, as he kissed their forehead gently the same way that Xyler had kissed Rem on the forehead while he was sleeping or laying there. Xyler kissed their lips after whispering something that couldn't be heard, even Xyler couldn't hear it clear enough soon the dream faded away and Xyler woke with a confused thought 'The heck?' he thought half asleep.

The dream had confused Xyler, who was he talking to, and who did he kiss? He couldn't figure it out, let alone understand it, and there was probably only one way to find out for sure who it was. He would have to guess and then kiss that person since a kiss on the lips is never forgotten. Shaking his head he just laid there and then slid away from the other going into the kitchen after covering Rem up. Making coffee, he stood there, and wondered more about it. All he saw was the color shade of the hair and it was all he had to go on.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-07-2013, 12:06 AM

Rem woke up slowly, trying to hold onto the warmth of the dream. Even after he had woken, he could feel the tingle of the kiss as if it had really happened. Without bothering to open his eyes, he rolled over onto his stomach and covered his head with the pillow. "I just had a weird dream," he groaned to himself. He managed to shake his head even from under the pillow. "I think I dreamt myself as a woman. No wonder I'm gay!" Barely seconds after he exclaimed that, he had the sudden realization that he wasn't alone at his own apartment. "Oh shit...did I say that out loud?" How could he forget where he was and who he was with? Rem winced and sunk down further into the bed. It didn't feel like Xyler was next to him anymore and he hoped that he had dreamed the fact that they had been sleeping together. If that had been part of the dream, everything would make so much more sense.

Immy

Penpal

Old 10-08-2013, 01:35 AM

Xyler blinked for a moment there while in the kitchen shaking his head "Well, that's something you don't hear every morning" Xyler laughed walking into the room watching Katty sleeping still, she was always a late to get up type of cat than an 'early bird' so to speak. "So what dream was this?" Xyler asked curiously adding "I had a dream where I was in a beautiful valley under a tree" he didn't have his coffee in his hand, he left the pot of coffee in the kitchen as he sat on the side of the bed.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-08-2013, 02:41 AM

Rem finally gave up hiding when he heard Xyler laugh though he was still embarrassed and he didn't think that laugh was helping. He sat with his head down enough that the longer strands of his hair fell solidly over his face. "A valley under a tree...?" he asked softly after a second. "My dream was something like that as well, although..." When he tried to remember the details of it, he felt his head start to hurt though it wasn't as bad of a pain as usual. He rubbed his head with a small sigh. "And it was a different dream from my usual one. Still seems like my head hates for me to remember though. What am I? A trauma patient?" he asked with a slight laugh.

Immy

Penpal

Old 10-10-2013, 02:15 AM

Xyler looked at Rem placing his hand on the side of the boy's face "You'll remember when you relax, don't worry about it" he said to Rem as he leaned in closer almost as if he was going to kiss him then stood up hearing his cell phone ring in the kitchen "Oh, be right back" he walked off into the kitchen to pick up the phone speaking on it "No, I'm sorry, I don't think it's a possibility. Doesn't matter, I have a guest over, and the weather is unpredictable." Xyler stated on the phone bringing a cup of juice out to Rem setting it on a side table as well as a small bowl of milk for Katty and the little kitten for when they got up. Katty was already up and about running through the house making sure everything was still the same.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-10-2013, 02:37 AM

Rem's heart picked up a beat, becoming so heavy the sound must have filled the entire room. "Yes...maybe so," he whispered softly as Xyler leaned closer. What was with this atmosphere? For a second, he almost felt as if he had been transported into another time and he blinked furiously past the memories that were just on the verge of being remembered. The moment broke with the sound of a phone. Rem breathed a sigh of relief and regret as Xyler went into the kitchen to answer it. The feeling had fled with Xyler and Rem sat down on the floor next to the kitten who had appeared almost the same instant that the bowl of milk was set down. He stroked the soft gray fur as he sat, thinking. "I don't suppose you can tell me what's happening?" he asked the kitten as it drank.

Immy

Penpal

Old 10-10-2013, 04:20 AM

Xyler had shut off his cellphone so no one would bother calling again. "Sounds like the snow moved in last night, I'm not sure when it will let up" Xyler said uncertain about the weather, he didn't mind weather change, but, what was with this weather? It was as if it was trying to keep the two together and not separate. Xyler hated when people called him, texting was one thing, but, constant calls could wind up being annoying. Not knowing what to say, Xyler sat there as Katty walked into the room jumping into his lap and purring a little "Why do I have a feeling you're connected to something Katty" Xyler raised a brow, if anything ever happened to make his life interesting, Katty was ALWAYS there, and normally she was the reason most of the time that it would happen. Katty just mewed at him happily and went for the bowl of milk.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-10-2013, 04:31 AM

Rem sighed as he looked over at the window. How could it turn out like this? At least it was the weekend though and he didn't have to worry about going to class. Still, wouldn't it be better if he could return home? The thought was only a background one though. As soon as he thought it, he discarded it. In reality, he didn't mind staying with Xyler despite how strange the situation was. "The weather is doing a pretty good job of keeping us inside isn't it?" he asked. "I almost wonder if it's doing it on purpose." He let out a little chuckle as he watched Xyler. "I thought I was the only one who regularly talked to animals."

Immy

Penpal

Old 10-10-2013, 04:48 AM

Xyler shrugged looking at Katty "Could be. Whenever something like this happens, Katty is usually always to blame for some reason" Xyler watched her for a bit then looked up at Rem "I only talk to Katty as far as animals go, I talk to people because it's work related usually, and I don't feel like going in today even if the weather was nice" not like he didn't mind the cold, he actually hated it since he grew up being kept warm most of the time since he preferred it, and only liked the snow when it was untouched or warm enough to just wear a sweater outside. "So you can't remember any of your dreams?" Xyler asked him just being curious as usual.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-10-2013, 06:00 AM

Rem chuckled at Xyler. He didn't understand how a cat could be the blame for anything more than ripped up sofas and little box mishaps, but the idea made him smile none the less. "Animals are easier to talk to..." he said with a wry smile. "For some reason, I can talk to you though. Normally with people though...not so much." Getting more comfortable, he lay down on the floor, the kitten curled up in the crook of his arm. He took a second to think back on his dreams before he spoke. Even he thought his dreams were strange things. Maybe talking about them would help him remember. "I remember bits and pieces. The feelings mostly. All the details though and whatever happens right before I wake up, I always forget those parts," he explained. "Do you normally remember yours?"

Immy

Penpal

Old 10-10-2013, 11:48 PM

Xyler listened to Rem about speaking to animals being easier than speaking with humans, except for himself apparently "I always remember my dreams, it's weird if I don't remember any of my dreams, thought last night was something new" Xyler stated adding "Last night I sat in a valley with a beautiful soul, the night before it had to do with flying which normally suggests that I need more freedom or get out to do more" Xyler knew alot about what dreams meant, he dreamt alot, and most of the time he remembered every dream. "If it was a talent, I could make a living out of dreams, not interpreting them, but, I probably could do that as well" though people would just see him like a con artist or something.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-11-2013, 12:04 AM

"That sounds like something an artist would say, making a living off of dreams," Rem said. He was a more practical minded person and wanted to make a living doing something structured that he knew would pay well. Still, Xyler's talent sounded like something that should make money. "Do you keep a journal of you dreams or something? You must have so many written down. For me, it's usually variations of the same dream though. There would never be anything new to write down." He sighed. "Sometimes I wonder if it's better that I don't remember my dreams."

Immy

Penpal

Old 10-11-2013, 03:40 AM

"I love remembering my dreams, but, writing them down...well that doesn't really work for me. I don't like to throw the ideas on paper considering the fact I won't remember them like that if I do. However, I could tell you most that I do remember, and sometimes there are dreams that feel oh so real" he stated thinking about last night's dream "Like the one last night, I felt like I was actually holding someone's hand and kissing their forehead" he looked like he was looking up at the ceiling when he was saying that. Xyler looked at Rem "Not all are bad to remember, some are just so important, your heart locks it away. Or so that's what the fortune cookie said" he laughed "I had another one that said something about 'Let your heart dance to find the path' of course I didn't really get that one" he chuckled.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-11-2013, 04:02 AM

A soft breath escaped Rem's lips. "A kiss on the forehead..." he whispered. The rest of Xyler's words became background noise as he focused in on that. The only other words he heard were about hearts locking important things away. Without even having to think about it, he knew that was exactly what always happened to him. He looked at Xyler in earnest, sitting up part way because he was so intent on looking at the other man.

"I remember part of my dream now! The feeling of a warm hand holding mine. Warmth, so much warmth everywhere...and-" It was starting to come back to him now, but he stopped himself part way through retelling the dream. Had someone really kissed his forehead in the dream? It would be too much coincidence. Probably, he was just seeing what he liked because Xyler had made him think of kissing, nothing more. Rem dropped his eyes as he fell into silence. He decided to keep the rest of the dream to himself since he wasn't sure if it was real or not.

Immy

Penpal

Old 10-11-2013, 04:19 AM

"Alright, before this gets anymore...odder as in similarities, let's try something to bring up the mood" he meant to distract them both since his thoughts had already strayed from the topic itself. Reaching over, Xyler grabbed a remote and turned the radio on to a soothing radio channel as he stood up putting the bed up quickly. To anyone else it looked like he was just cleaning up and putting things back to normal till he moved the table out of the way and a chair that sat on the side. He got the fire lit again for more light since nothing electrical was working minus his batteries in his radio and remote solely for the radio itself. Picking a song that sounded like classical dancing music he held out his hand to help the other stand up and to ask him "Come on, you can dance can't you?" might as well do something when there was nothing else to do and dancing was something that Xyler was good at.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-11-2013, 04:32 AM

Rem watched Xyler clean up the room, at first with boredom, then with interest. He didn't understand why the table was being moved until the other man suddenly offered his hand. Dance? Rem took Xyler's hand and stood before he had a chance to say no, like his body wanted to do something where his mind did not. "I can dance a little..." he said, turning a little pink. He knew the basics, but had had little chance to practice. The thought of dancing with someone so freely in the middle of the living room was somehow wonderful though. Exactly like the turning point in a romantic comedy, except this wasn't a romance movie at all. Rem smiled. "I'll follow if you lead."