AlliKat

Old 07-29-2014, 02:16 AM

Disappear into the Golden Sands

~A one on one between Esmme and A91nicole~

---------- Post added 07-28-2014 at 10:18 PM ----------

Characters

---------- Post added 07-28-2014 at 11:58 PM ----------

Setting

Modern Fantasy in Ancient Tombs. Explorers and adventurers doing what they do best. Of course, with ancient things there's always a chance of things going a bit... awry.

The Ship: The Intrepid

Last edited by a91nicole; 07-29-2014 at 05:23 AM..

a91nicole
AlliKat

Old 07-30-2014, 02:25 AM

Generally one to keep her excitement to herself, Arya was unable to at this current point in time. Her and Jax had just reached the ship that would take them around the world and fulfill their dreams- well, at least fulfill HER dreams. Jax, though interested in the adventure, was here more for Arya's sake than his own. Granted, he certainly wasn't complaining about getting to use a state-of-the-art ship to travel the world. He'd be crazy to complain about something like that. As they finished climbing the gangway, Arya immediately gasped in excitement. It was beautiful.

The lines of the ship were smooth and beautiful, like a piece of art. Arya ran her hand over the polished metal railing as she walked towards the bow. "Jax!" She said with a laugh, looking over at her brother, who was looking quite morose, "you could at least PRETEND to be excited!" Arya grabbed his hand and continued moving towards the bow, dragging the dark haired young man behind her. "This is the trip of a lifetime! People spend decades trying to do this, and here we are in our twenties!"

Jax sighed in exasperation as his sister pulled him along. Of course, the smile on his face betrayed his true nature. He liked to act as if he was above it all, but Arya was right- this WAS a great opportunity to make a great future for both of them. This trip, if successful would put Arya on the map as far as archaeologists go. He himself would become highly sought after if he succeeded in navigating the international relations for this. There was something in it for both of them, and the reserved young man could at least smile to that. "Well I can tell you're certainly excited." he chuckled, leaning against the railing now that they had finally reached the bow.

Arya faced the sea as Jax faced her. They weren't leaving for a while yet, but they weren't getting off the ship either. Their dad's employees were loading their boxes on board as they spoke, taking them to their cabins. Arya and Jax had yet to meet some of the crew members. She'd heard there were some specialty players coming along, but knew little about them. "So my dear Jaxson...." Arya teased, using her brother's full name, which he hated "You ready to meet the rest of our ragtag crew of intrepid explorers!?" Arya asked, laughing a bit at her own pun of the ship's name. "I certainly am! Maybe one will be a handsome roguish type... I could certainly use one of those!" Arya chuckled lightly as she faked a swoon.

"Arya, do I really need to remind you that this journey is NOT for you to find a boyfriend? You wanted to do this for the knowledge, the exploration." Jax reminded her, chided her behavior. Arya shrugged it off with another grin. It was hard to remain exasperated at her when she had THAT look. It only became harder to keep his stern expression as she approached him while mocking his expression. "Fine, fine... it can be for knowledge AND for you to find a boyfriend. Who has knowledge." He added, as if it was a rule he was making.

"Oh Jax, are you jealous? Who knows... maybe daddy dearest hired a pretty thoughtful type for you as well. You could really use a girlfriend, especially to help you with that uh... unique style of yours." Arya teased, leaning on the railing next to him. Jax really didn't have a 'unique' style. Arya just enjoyed mocking the man. SOMEONE had to keep him honest. He could get a bit pretentious when all that knowledge and those degrees got to his head.

"Well regardless of what the state of my love life may be at the end of this journey, what's most important is the state of our careers. This could mean a lot for you, Ary. You could become the next Indiana Jones... or Lara Croft. Don't act like you don't want to be..." Jax teased, ruffling his sisters auburn hair.

"I know, it's a big deal. But that doesn't mean we can't have fun. Besides, for a few weeks it's just going to be boat travel. We might as well get to know our teammates. I mean we might be experts in our own fields but that by no means makes us experts in others. They should be here soon. You might want to at least try to smile." Arya said with taunting grin before bounding off to explore some area or another of the ship. Jax simply sighed to himself and returned to gazing at the water. It was peaceful today, a good omen for the beginning of their journey.

Last edited by a91nicole; 07-30-2014 at 02:57 AM..

Esmme
See you later, Cole. "How do you...

Old 07-31-2014, 12:29 AM

((Es' future post, and le beginnings of her profiles, as the Word document doesn't have the formatting I want. xD))

See more pictures here: [Image 1]; [Image 2]

Name: Cal Leandros
Player: Esmme
Hair: Typically black, though is known to be different from time to time
Eyes: Green

SPOILERX

Personality: Flippant. Sarcastic. He is a risk-taker, and will do things others wouldn’t. He’s never been known as the sort that sticks around long, though is surprisingly loyal.
Skills: He’s pretty good with a gun, and has incredible skill with knife fighting. When it comes to hand-to-hand combat, he’s terrible. Also: never ask him to drive. It’s a mistake.
Basic History: Cal has always been known as a troublemaker and rebel. His past was full of a mild criminal life, as well as a rather sketchy group of contacts. It seems like every time he’s seen he has a different hair color – he’s just that sort of person. Cal is related to one of the higher-ups who funds the expedition, and it seems like he was sent with the group just to get him away from home.

*Note: This is to remind me of something later: Quarantine.

Name: Lady Viscera
Hair: Black
Eyes: Black with a hint of blue

SPOILERX

Personality: She was once seen as the most wise and caring leader of her kind – of the Zanheid’erin. Viscera was fair, just, and incredibly forgiving. She's was known for her grace in social situations as well as physically, and was a deep thinker. Rarely would she speak without thinking first, and even then she often held back words that would inspire conflict. She was a peace-maker.

Sadly, she has changed. Viscera is feral and full of hate – especially toward any kind of “lesser being." She cares nothing of others, wanting only to be released from this world which she sees as a prison barring her from eternity.
Skills: She is fast, and is incredibly graceful - one could liken her to a feline. She lacks any fighting skills, and doesn't know much else other than being a diplomat.
Basic History: Viscera was once queen of her city. In it's time, the "elven" city of the Zanheid'erin was a grand place ruled by the best of the races. Men far and wide would come to visit her city just to bask in its glory; to glimps the lady Viscera in her beauty. Things have changed since that day. Time has moved on without the Zanheid'erin, and has left them a in a fractured state of mind and body.

* Note: A sickness has destroyed her people, and the strain still survives even centuries later. The Lady Viscera suffers from a worsening case of this said sickness. More will be known about the Lady's past in the posts to come. (AKA: I will add to this later!)

See more pictures here: [Image 1]

Name: Ehl
Hair: Black
Eyes: Black with a hint of blue

SPOILERX

Personality: Skittish, shy, and eager to be part of something, yet terrified of others. He loves hearing people talk, but doesn't speak - he's mute. He lacks second motives, and is truly the kind of person he appears to be (which really just means he's honest and true). His naive behaviors and odd actions often make him seem even younger than his age. Ehl hates drawing attention to himself, but learns quickly when he is around other people. He is a loner, and is often found wherever other people are ... though he's always unnoticed.
Skills: He's a master of stealth and balance, even though he doesn't use it for any kind of foul play.
Basic History: While Ehl suffers from memory loss, we will later find out that his family fell to the sickness. One by one they lost their hold on reality, and it was when they turned on him when Ehl did the unspeakable. He lost his memory from the trauma of killing his own family, and will likely never recover what he lost.

*Note: Ehl shows symptoms of the sickness, and will eventually begin to act differently (he will also digress in his learning abilities).

Name: "The Guardian" Raziel
Hair: Dark brown
Eyes: Gold

SPOILERX

Personality: He seems gruff, rude, and unbelievably critical. It's obvious that Raziel doesn't make friends easily, nor does he want to, and he certainly doesn't have any currently. He is possessive, especially when it comes to the city. While it appears that Raziel is loyal to Lady Viscera, there seems to be an underlying rage between the two of them. Oddly, music will calm him down as quickly as one can blow out the flame of a candle.
Skills: His fighting skills when it comes to close-range weapons and hand-to-hand combat are incredible. He uses his strength to overwhelm most enemies, and can shrug off hits as though they never happened. Being trained for the sole purpose of being the guardian of the city, he knows little else. Raziel is unaffected by explosions, fire, and would likely survive a building collapse.
Basic History: Raziel was once a free creature - one of the dragons that roamed the realms. His mistake came when he rested near the elven city - the Zanheid'erin captured him. Bound to their leader, the "Guardian" is now loyal to the city. Even after it's fall, the Guardian holds a tight bond to the crumbling domain.

*Note:
  • It appears that the Guardian is immune to the sickness of the Zanheid'erin.
  • This note is for later, and meant to remind me of something: Heartstone - Lady.
  • As will become obvious later, Raziel has weaknesses related to silver, acid, poison, and human-crafted metals (so things like bullets would still wound him, though a blade may not).

---------- Post added 07-30-2014 at 08:02 PM ----------

"As the nephew of our greatest benefactor, it's your responsibility to contribute to this journey."

The captain of the ship spoke sternly, his gaze unblinking as he addressed the boy before him. Cal Leandros was the youth in question - and the instructions were well warranted. The captain was smart to issue them before they ever left the shore.

Cal's dark clothing didn't set him apart, but his general feel certainly did. He looked ... rough around the edges. He looked as though he hadn't quite gotten enough sleep that night, and his clothing was slightly scuffed as though he'd already been in a fight. Cal's green eyes were clear, despite his weary appearance.

"Do you understand him, Cal?" An elderly gentleman sat in the chair beside Cal as they both faced the captain. "This is the chance of a lifetime. I'm sure you understand the weight of my decision to have you take my place on this ship."

Cal looked up to meet his uncle’s gaze, nodding. “Of course I understand.” I understand that you’re hoping I’ll change, old man. He smiled tightly, his polite expression forced. “I’m very grateful for the opportunity, sir.”

His uncle nodded, and then looked back to the captain. “His room has been prepared near yours, and his privileges will be as stated. As we agreed, Cal will be treated just as I would be if I were here in his stead.” The elderly man, Mr. Leandros, reached out to shake the captain’s hand before standing. Looking pained, he gestured for Cal to do the same.

Cal was already on his feet, and didn’t need to be prompted to leave the captain’s office. As they stepped out into the hall, the youth’s expression became a slight smile. This trip was going to be interesting. The captain didn’t like him, and he was likely one of the youngest on the ship. On a ship, coincidentally, where he had the highest privileges. You won’t gain my favor like that, uncle.

He followed Mr. Leandros out to the deck, and waited through another brief speech about how important the journey was to their family name before forcing a smile. He avoided the handshake that his uncle offered, and the old man awkwardly turned and headed back down to the dock. Cal watched him go, his slight smile (as was customarily situated on his face) returning.

Cal had turned and headed for the lower deck before Mr. Leandros was even on the dock below. The dark-haired youth tugged at the sleeve of his black leather coat, deciding it was a bit warm for such a thing. The day was so nice, it wasn’t necessary.

The halls narrowed the further into the ship they went. He knew there was a bit more elbow room near the captain's rooms, but still. It sure was tight throughout the rest of the ship. At least in this part of it, anyway. Cal had been keeping it from his uncle, but he was thrilled to be on such a ship. He'd been on them before, but never legally. This was a change. Heck, he was being applauded for being on this ship!

He’d been heading to his room when he stepped right into the path of someone else. Cal immediately bit back a curse, regaining his balance and catching the woman’s shoulders to steady her. His coat fell to the floor at his feet as it slipped from his arm.

“Sorry. I wasn’t watching where I was…”
Cal trailed off as he looked her up and down, releasing her shoulders slowly. “… going.” So there were other people around his age on the ship….

“I don’t suppose you’re part of the expedition crew, are you?” His lips seemed to curve naturally into a small smile in their relaxed state. Cal seemed comfortable with letting his gaze hold hers or wander, depending on where his attention shifted. The redhead was certainly a pretty thing, wasn’t she?

Last edited by Esmme; 07-31-2014 at 03:51 AM..

a91nicole
AlliKat

Old 07-31-2014, 03:17 AM

She was probably moving far too fast to take everything in on the ship, but Arya was far too excited to slow down. And why wouldn't she be? Her dreams were coming true at such a young age. Of course she hadn't paid for it, her father had tapped into the funds from his board of trustees at his company. Anything for Daddy's Little Girl! Although, of course, it had more to do with the fact that Arya's thesis had uncovered some... interesting discrepancies in the most trusted research about what lie in the southern Atlantic- an area known at Selkie's Heart. There were explorers who shared very different tales and information that had been redacted. If the Kensington family, as well as the other families funding this, could find out what truly lay in the Atlantic well, the repercussions would be felt the world over.

Arya intended to be the one to discover them. Her thoughts lie on what mysterious could be on that strange island in the Selkie's Heart. What could be there that needed to remain so hidden? The reports were so odd, but the discrepancies smaller than an eye normally looked for. Even she'd only found them because she was looking for them and red the documents hundreds of times. Suddenly, her face met the chest of someone taller than her. Hands grasped her shoulders as she raised her eyes to see who had run into her.

Well. What a pleasant surprise. He was the handsome type, and the way his eyes traced her told her he JUST might be the roguish type as well. It took her a moment before she answered his question, an enthusiastic smile crossing her lips as she did so. "Yes, I am. I'm Arya Kensington, the uh.. lead archaeologist for this." the grin on her lips showed that she was proud to say it, and it might have been the first time she'd said it out loud. But it was true. Though it was an expensive expedition, no other archaeologists were here beyond Arya. It was daunting, certainly, but she could take it.

"I bet you were expecting someone a bit older..." She teased taking in the male in front of her. Yummy. "And who might you be?"

Last edited by a91nicole; 07-31-2014 at 03:31 AM..

Esmme

Old 07-31-2014, 03:51 AM

For a moment Cal wondered if he'd hurt the girl. Her silence didn't last long, to his relief. His smile became more sincere as he heard her name. "Kensington." This girl was the Kensington archeologist that his uncle had mentioned. "You'd win that bet." Cal didn't step back, as normal protocol might have required. He didn't hover, or intrude on Arya's space, but he was obviously comfortable with close contact.

She was so proud of her place on the ship! It was obvious just by looking at her. He hadn't needed to hear her state her title - she would have been glowing even without it. That could have been the fact that the light in the hall was hitting her auburn hair, but hey.

The male knelt to retrieve his coat, still observing Arya as he did so. "Cal Leandros," he said, extending a hand once he was back on his feet. "My uncle requested that I take his place for this trip." If she was a Kensington, she'd likely heard of the Leandros family. It was possible that their families had met or carried on friendships in the past, though Cal wasn't quite sure. He never was one for the social scene that accompanied his family.

"I was really losing hope for this trip. Good to know there will be company while we're out at sea." After they shook hands, Cal took a step back and glanced down the hall. He didn't even pause as he offered a smile and nodded toward the rooms farther down. "I'm making a stop at my room." There was a brief pause that normally would have been the place for a goodbye. Instead, his slight smirk was followed by: "It's a pretty nice room." And that was her invitation to tag along.

Cal waited for a response before gesturing for Arya to move first. He kept pace a step behind her, pointing out the double doors that led to his room beside the captain's. He was right. It was a suite, not just a room. There were no windows, but that didn't matter. It felt big enough to room a small family, not just one man.

"I think it'll do," Cal said with a smile, though obviously he was pretty excited about the room. "At least for a while. I may have to downsize by the time we get there. I don't want to get too comfortable, or anything." He let her enter first, and followed her in. There is no need to say that his eyes lingered on her as she passed.

"So, Arya,"
he liked how different her name sounded. "What is it about archeology that you like, exactly?" Cal tossed his leather coat over the back of a chair near the wall, adding the first stages of messiness that would become his living quarters for the remainder of the trip.

While his attention was devoted to Arya, Cal turned and scanned a few of the drawers and closet-like openings nearby. Obviously, he was far too curious to sit still.

Last edited by Esmme; 07-31-2014 at 12:40 PM..

a91nicole
AlliKat

Old 07-31-2014, 04:12 AM

"Yeah, generally lead archaeologists on these things aren't exactly our age." Arya said with a laugh, looking over at him. It was almost funny, how obvious each one was being about appreciating the other's appearance. As he mentioned his name, Arya nodded knowingly.

"I'm very familiar with the name. Actually, I may even be a bit familiar with you..." she grinned as she took his hand "I was told there was a son of the Leandros name who was around my age. Of course, I was also told to avoid him, lest he, uh, hurt my reputation." Arya teased, knowing immediately it had been him her family had warned her about. He was handsome and his grin told her he was almost NEVER up to any good.

"I certainly hope you don't intend to hurt my reputation..." Arya taunted, her eyes mischievous. It was most certainly a lie. He could do whatever he wanted to her reputation. He could take it in his arms, kiss it, caress it, pin it against a wall....mmm. She shook herself out of her fantasy as he mentioned his room. Arya didn't need to be asked twice, her reputation was MORE than happy to check out his room.

She was surprised he wanted her to walk first, but she didn't complain. It was clear what room was his, as there were names outside of each one so that the crew knew where to load the bags. "Wow... they really set you up. I must say I am jealous." Her eyes darted around the room, taking in the space "I might come visit just to look at the decor..." she commented, her eyes trailing until they fell upon Cal when she spoke the word decor. The smirk in her voice told him what she was referring too.

He asked her about archaeology, and her face brightened in a different way "Oh if I go into all the details of why I like it, you'll very quickly realize I am incapable of shutting myself up about it." the auburn hair woman laughed as she hopped onto his desk, pushing a few papers aside to make her seat before crossing one leg over the other. It was certainly a... flattering pose, even in her boots and jeans.

"But I suppose, if I had to try and simplify it- I love learning about things that we didn't know existed. Everything is so easy and boring nowaday, there's no mystery left. In archaeology, there is. I don't know how much they told you about this trip, but we aren't just going to see some old buildings. We're going to an island that is hotly debated in the field, and tons of information about it has been covered up or removed from the reports. I want to find out why." Arya said simply, shrugging as she watched him move about the room- an act she thoroughly enjoyed.

Last edited by a91nicole; 07-31-2014 at 04:17 AM..

Esmme

Old 07-31-2014, 01:00 PM

When Arya began to nod and state her familiarity with his name, Cal couldn't help but grin. Of course she knew of him. The Leandros name "suffered from his actions," as Cal's uncle loved to state so often.

Cal chuckled. She'd been told to avoid him? That was a new one. The Kensington family must have been properly forewarned. Arya's teasing brought a sly look to Cal's face. "Who, me? Hurt your reputation?" The male looked falsely surprised. Of course, his wink broke all pretenses of being either offended or worried. "My intentions aren't set in stone yet. No promises."

The teasing look in Arya's eyes really caught him. Cal already liked this girl two minutes into their conversation. You'd think that two minutes wasn't long enough to know - Oh, Cal knew. Cal really knew as he followed Arya to the next room, his gaze taking her in from behind.

As Arya commented on the room, the youth laughed. "My uncle demanded that he be placed beside the captain's quarters. It really is a good setup." He glanced to the redhead. "You might have to stop by. The decor might get lonely." His gaze met hers, and for a moment they shared a playful look. Oh, hell yes. He was liking Arya more with every passing second.

Cal's grin returned as Arya went on about her work. He'd looked away to check out a cupboard, but when he looked back at the woman she was lounging on his desk in the most beautiful way. Cal's green eyes lingered on her, and it took a moment before he was able to continue his search. "You know your work, then. Sounds like you know more than I do about where we're going." He closed another drawer and smirked. "I suppose it would have helped if I'd payed attention when they tried to tell me." For a moment Cal looked slightly disappointed, but then he moved to lean against the end of the bed. Damn, she looked amazing just sitting there....

Facing Arya, he tilted his head a bit. "Any bits of knowledge to impart upon me, oh wise archeologist? What makes these old buildings so debated? The hidden reports? Have you heard anything specific that really caught your attention?"

a91nicole
AlliKat

Old 08-01-2014, 12:16 AM

Arya wathed him as he moved about the room, grinning to herself when she caught him being distracted by her. That was the goal, wasn't it? Well, obviously not, but she had time for a little fun before they reached the island. They had nearly a week before they'd even be in the area where she was needed to help them locate it. And well, Cal was here now.

"Well I would certainly hope I know more, it is my expedition after all. Or at least, my research that led it to come into existence. Obviously your uncle and the rest of Dad's trustees had a lot to do with it." Arya spoke, continuing to watch him carefully. Her expression remained playful, but there was a certain intelligence to her gaze- it was clear she was paying close attention "Although I must say, I'm quite glad you came instead of your uncle. I doubt we have nearly as much in common." Arya finished.

"Now Cal..." she spoke, dripping his name with a saccharine sound "Why should I give up all my secrets?" the young woman asked, pushing herself off of the desk as he asked about how she could enlighten him on the mission. Arya began to saunter over to him "I wouldn't want to give everything away now, would I? Certainly you must want some mystery on this journey...?" she inquired, moving close enough to him that she was now invading his personal space, though she stopped a couple of inches from touching.

Ary's blue eyes met his green ones "But, if you're really curious, I suppose I can give you a tease of the information. To tell you everything would require going to my room and looking through my papers. But what I can tell you, is that science is not the only force driving this world- or at least not science we understand...." she trailed off, her eyes moving around his face, getting distracted by the way his hair framed his face, how his cheekbones led into his nose, down to those lips. Goodness she was being quite unprofessional. But she couldn't help it, he had a certain... roguish appeal about him.

Esmme

Old 08-01-2014, 05:58 AM

As Cal leaned against the bed, he crossed his arms. He looked comfortable and listened with the look of someone who cared. "I suppose there's a good reason they're willing to have a single archeologist. You must know more than you're letting on." The male shrugged one shoulder, not seeming to care. His green eyes flickered over her slight smirk, and when Arya commented on his uncle, Cal couldn't help but grin.

"Oh, you would have nothing in common with him. Not many people do." He wrinkled his nose, then shook his head. "Actually, he'd probably fascinate you with tales of his days as an archeologist." Cal looked up at the woman with a smirk. "But no. You would have been bored to tears if he'd been the one here."

Hearing his name in such a sweet tone made Cal's brows rise. "Not all of them," he said, "just some secrets." He obviously enjoyed Arya's playful saunter, and watched as she approached. The male didn't move an inch as she neared, stopping mere inches from him. "A good mystery is always worth the trouble." He shifted once, though it was really an effort to keep his arms crossed and hands to himself.

Pulling his gaze to her face, Cal met her gaze and held it. "A misunderstood science? What a tease," he said quietly, watching as Arya's eyes drifted about his face. "If you ever need someone to talk things through with, I'd love to stop by and see what you have to say." Especially if it meant sitting around for extended periods of time and lingering around a particular someone's room....

It suddenly became a hundred times more difficult to keep his hands to himself. Cal stood carefully, resting his hands on Arya's shoulders and moving her back a step. "Care to see what the cafeteria area is like?" It took him several moments to realize his hands were still resting on the woman's shoulders, and they were several inches closer.

Cal chuckled and let his hands fall to his sides. "I don't suppose that this is the part where I find out you have a protective father who has you under surveillance, is it?"

a91nicole
AlliKat

Old 08-02-2014, 12:57 AM

"Well it's a combination of things.... though I do know a lot, my research has led to evidence that this might be dangerous...." Arya trailed off. Clearly, that was left off of the descriptions. She hadn't been completely up front with ANYONE. It was most definitely going to be dangerous. When reports have discrepancies about whether people are still living on a lost island, well, that's always a risk. Her face however, did not betray this to Cal as she kept her bemused grin front and center.

Her face kept the look of amusement on it as he mentioned how bored she'd be with his uncle. She wanted to say another snappy line about how the view wouldn't be as good if his uncle had come, but even Arya thought that was a bit too forward for a first meeting. He could say something like that, but she certainly wasn't planning to. The look that flashed in her eyes, however, did give away that she was refraining from saying something.

"Good, glad you don't want me to give away all of my secrets so soon. Then perhaps you'd get bored of me." She teased again. Why was she acting like this? Arya had always been a bit of a flirt, but this was a different level. Perhaps it had to do with the setting- recently graduated, striking out on her own, alone with a handsome roguish-type on a ship setting sail for mystery... it was just all so... poetic. Her mind ran off on another fantasy, her and Cal exploring an old tomb, she slips, he catches her, she falls against his chest....

Arya snapped out of it as he mentioned coming to her room. "Of course, I love having people to talk to while I look through. Besides, I'm sure it woudl do you good to learn more about the expedition." He asked what the cafeteria was like, and she was a bit disappointed. She didn't want to leave yet, she wanted more time alone with him.

He grabbed her shoulder, and he pushed her a step back. At first she thought he was pushing her away, and this man her VERY displeased. Her disappointment soon faded when she looked up at him and realized he'd moved with her. Someone he'd pushed her away and they'd ended up closer together. Now if only something would make her trip and fall into his arms....

His words broke her fantasy again, this time they drew out a very mischievous grin as he asked about her father. Arya made the choice to definitely NOT step out of his personal space. This was too much fun. "Oh no, my daddy knows I"m very well-behaved" her voice, of course, made it clear that she was in fact not well-behaved in the slightest. But her dad know that "No surveillance cameras to worry about on this trip." There was Jax but, eh, he would be so absorbed in his own thinking he wouldn't bother her.

Esmme

Old 08-09-2014, 04:48 AM

There was something off in Arya's expression as she mentioned the last bit about the island they were visiting. But she said it would be dangerous. Or, potentially. Cal tilted his head, looking pleased with that thought. That, of course, was when he caught the slightly teasing expression on Arya's face. She must have really tried not to say whatever was on her mind.

Cal's green eyes flickered over her once again. "Bored? I doubt that's going to be the word to describe our affiliation." He didn't miss the dreamy look in her eyes, as though she were thinking of something distant. Cal reached up and rubbed the back of his neck, a slight smile spreading over his face. "A better word would be 'unexpected'."

He didn't miss the disappointment that flashed through Arya's expression when he pushed her back in order to stand. "I'd love to learn more about the expedition and the archaeologist in charge of the dig." Oh, he'd like to get to know her alright. Cal flashed a quick grin before catching the expression on her face.

"Oh, he knows your the good girl, then." He smirked, looking completely skeptical ... and amused. "I think you and I are going to get along well." Cal gently placed a hand on Arya's shoulder, pushing her to face the door. "We'll get along well after I get food in my stomach. I haven't eaten today." Pushing her along lightly, the male chuckled. "I'm starving. There's something about relatives that really turns the stomach."

Cal pushed one of the closet-like cabinets closed as he passed. Inside, there was a lovely weapon rack - one that he obviously didn't want inspected. There was a glimpse of weaponry, and obviously a rifle, but who knew what else.

As soon as they were back in the hall, Cal released Arya and started walking, waiting for her to catch up to him before moving too far ahead. It didn't take long - at all.

"Tell me about yourself, Arya," Cal said, raising an eyebrow in her direction. "A young woman already set for the road? Sounds too good to be true." Granted, who was he to judge? He'd seen plenty of young people making big steps with their choices. Most of them were very poor choices, himself included, but Cal wasn't about to let that stop him from asking. Small talk was good, wasn't it? It helped strike up similarities and relationships.

a91nicole
AlliKat

Old 08-26-2014, 02:00 AM

"Well I certainly hope not" Arya said with a laugh Why I'd be heartbroken if I thought you were bored of me!" she laughed again, feigning an overdramatic tone. Her expression turned into a bit of a grin as he mentioned it being unexpected. "I can live with unexpected for now." she bit her lower lip slightly as she said it, the same flirtatious tone she'd been using remaining in her voice.

"I'm sure the archaeologist would be interested in learning more about you at well." Arya spoke, obviously continuing to play their little game "An archaeologist should always know her crew. After all, that builds loyalty amongst the expedition. Which is VERY important." She responded to him, moving along as he pushed her.

Arya couldn't help but grin quite mischievously as he commented on her dad knowing she was a 'good girl'. "I suppose that's one way to put it." the young woman responded "And I agree, I look forward to getting along quite with you. But if you must eat, well, you must eat." Arya laughed as she began to walk forward of her own accord, no longer needing him to push her (not that she minded, he could push her into anything he liked as far as she was concerned at the moment). She'd caught his sudden closing of the cabinet with the rifle, but thought little of it- she had weapons of her own in her room. They all did. It was par for the course with these sorts of things.

Choosing to focus on other things, Arya was pleased when he asked her to talk about herself. "That's a loaded question you know, no one can really just 'tell someone about themselves'. And for starters, yes it is a bit convenient that I'm already set for the road- benefits of having a wealthy family" another playful grin "A lot goes into that answer. But you already know the obvious- recently graduated, archaeologist, blah blah blah. I'm assuming you want less obvious things. So. I'll think of a few." She was stalling a bit, largely because she was unsure of what to say and because she was trying to remember how to get to the cafeteria. It was a big ship.

"I'm fond of apples, I hate tomatoes on their own but I love tomato sauce. My favorite movies were always action comedies. I probably played a little too much Tomb Raider in my free time. I really liked Steve Irwin when he was alive. Before I got into archaeology I thought about being a wildlife explorer. So I guess those are a few facts off the top of my head. What about you?" Arya inquired, curious as to what things she would learn about him. Judging from his demeanor, he was a bit rogue-ish in more than just looks.

Esmme

Old 09-29-2014, 03:40 AM

Cal laughed at Arya's mentioning of how an archaeologist should get to know her crew. "It is one of the benefits of being on the same ships as the crew, now isn't it?" He bumped her lightly as his hands drifted away from her. He nodded seriously when she said that if he needed to eat, then that was exactly what they were going to do. Oh, heck yes. He was starving.

The dark-haired male pointed out the correct turn at a point in the hall, and smells of food (namely some sort of meat and stew) began to drift toward them.

Arya's voice broke through Cal's thoughts of food when she mentioned her wealthy family. He raised both eyebrows, looking surprised ... but he already knew that. "Less obvious is appreciated, yes. Have to keep things interesting." Cal's gaze flickered with laughter as he turned his attention toward the buffet-like line near the middle of the room. There were only a few lingering people here as most of the crew was preparing the ship to leave port. They'd be taking off within the hour, supposedly.

Cal gathered a plate of various foods and led them toward a table nearby while Arya told him a few of her unique quirks. For each one, the male's smile widened. "Probably played a little too much Tomb Raider?" His foot bumped hers playfully. "I think you're in denial. It was far too much." He took a bite of food, chuckling as she finished. She sounded like quite the girl, this one. That's when she directed the same question back at him.

"Me?" Cal swallowed and began to speak. He didn't think before listing facts about himself. "I've jumped from a ten story building. I've always liked eating cake batter, but don't like cake. I predictably enjoy loud, war movies, and I owned a turtle named Boise." He paused, then glanced down at his food before taking another bite. "I've been the leader of a gang." At this, Cal grinned again, looking amused. "And I stuck my hand in a bear's mouth once to see if it would eat me." He held up his hand. "Still in one piece."

Cal's attention returned to his food in earnest, and he ate swiftly. He wasn't a messy eater, but he didn't dwell on his meal any longer than necessary. "Favorite color?" Green eyes lifted to Arya again, and he took another bite of mashed potatoes.